Prayer for Others

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 72 total)
  • Author

Mandy and kejonn Will remember both Andy and Mom in prayers tonight. So sorry to hear about all. May the Love of God be with them.

Peace and Love Mrs.

kejonn
    Participant

My mom will be going to rehab for 2 weeks starting Saturday.

kejonn
    Participant

And thanks to all who remember her during her recovery.

Lightenup
    Participant

Hello Kejonn,
    I will pray for your mom. I know this is a tough recovery. I spent the first two weeks after surgery with my mom back in January. It seems very painful but rewarding. Your mom just needs to keep doing those exercises and little by little it will get easier and in about a month she will get those awful stockings off.
    God's blessings!

Not3in1
    Participant

Hi all,

I go tomorrow morning for a MRI of my knee. Please send your good thoughts and prayers my way. I tend to freak out in confined places, and I hate taking drugs, so I'm left to meditate and visualize myself in a wide-open field. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. I'm praying for grace to get through it. Ultimately I will probably have to have surgery on my knee. But I am hoping it's nothing major.

Thanks!
    Mandy

kejonn
    Participant

I pray that God gives you serenity and peace.

Lightenup
    Participant

Hey Mandy,
    I'm praying for you. Go to that happy place:;):

Stu
    Participant

In the Boy Scouts' prayer section the ironically named happyman posted this:

Prayer Partners this urgent request just came in ;

Urgent everyone: C.S. Has planned to go ahead with an abortion. It is scheduled for Saturday morning. Please pray that God will change her heart and her mind. Nothing is impossible with God. Thanks

Would you care to fill us in on the background here? Might it be more appropriate to pray that the procedure results in a safe outcome for CS? Or do we really just not care what harm may come to her if god barges in and answers this prayer in your favour?

How selfish.

Stuart

Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ April 22 2008,17:06)
    Hi all,

I go tomorrow morning for a MRI of my knee.  Please send your good thoughts and prayers my way.  I tend to freak out in confined places, and I hate taking drugs, so I'm left to meditate and visualize myself in a wide-open field.  Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't.  I'm praying for grace to get through it.  Ultimately I will probably have to have surgery on my knee.  But I am hoping it's nothing major.

Thanks!
    Mandy

Hi Mandy:

Today is the 25th and I did not see your post until today, and so, I hope you got through the MRI OK. Please keep us informed about the results of the MRI.

I had problems with a knee and also with a hip, but through prayer and exercise my healings are coming. I get better every day.

Praise God. How my Father has helped me when I have obeyed His Word even in my Old Age.

Well, I want the very best that God has to offer for you and your family.

Stu
    Participant

Hi 942767

Do you know of the circumstances of this termination that you are praying to stop?

Stuart

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ April 26 2008,13:10)

Quote (Not3in1 @ April 22 2008,17:06)
    Hi all,

I go tomorrow morning for a MRI of my knee.  Please send your good thoughts and prayers my way.  I tend to freak out in confined places, and I hate taking drugs, so I'm left to meditate and visualize myself in a wide-open field.  Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't.  I'm praying for grace to get through it.  Ultimately I will probably have to have surgery on my knee.  But I am hoping it's nothing major.

Thanks!
    Mandy

Hi Mandy:

Today is the 25th and I did not see your post until today, and so, I hope you got through the MRI OK.  Please keep us informed about the results of the MRI.

I had problems with a knee and also with a hip, but through prayer and exercise my healings are coming.  I get better every day.  

Praise God.  How my Father has helped me when I have obeyed His Word even in my Old Age.

Well, I want the very best that God has to offer for you and your family.

Thanks, bro!

I did get the results back and it did not make me very happy. Due to a mountian climbing accident back in my teens, I have now moderate to severe arthritis that has kicked in. My left knee joint has literally stopped me in my tracks.

So, I'm doing all that I can to help myself. Ultimately there will probably be surgery in my future. But I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

Thanks for the prayers and good wishes.
    Mandy

Stu
    Participant

The ironic happyman has posted a prayer circular (we never know where from – what if I pray for the wrong Charlie B or whatever?) that asks for prayer for people 'needing slavation'. How would you feel if I sent circulars with your name asking for hopes that you will come to understand the reality that intercessory prayer has no measurable benefit? I think you might complain.

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Oops. That was 'salvation' I meant to write. Actually, 'slavation' is not far off!

Stuart

Not3in1
    Participant

Stu,

You really do give me something to chuckle about every now and then….

Anyway, the idea that God knows our thoughts secures the hope that he knows exactly which “Charlie B” we are praying for.

Participant

Hi Mandy:

I am praying for you and your family.

I love you and want the best that God has to offer for you.

Not3in1
    Participant

Bro 94 and other's,

I appreciate the kind thoughts, PM's and private emails. I really appreciate the prayers. I feel blessed by you all.

While I am studying and spending time with the LORD, I will remember to pray for you all. Your courage to confront the scriptures and to search out the truth has given me the courage to do the same. I will remember a lot of the arguments presented here as I study further. And I will probably check back on ocassion to ask questions or confirm something that I am studying. But I do need to get back to studying.

There are no hard feelings on my part, just so everyone knows. It is just time for me to take a break. T8's message was the nudge that I needed. He was right to say what he did (sometimes I am way too sensitive, and sometimes the truth hurts). God will finish what he has started in me (thanks, bro Gene for pointing this out).

I'm excited to begin some new studies. I'm looking forward to the summer with my children. I'm looking forward to the fire that once used to burn bright within my soul to be ignited once again! Holy fire. It burns away what is not needed and let's the good stuff shine through. :)

I'll check in around the end of the summer to see how everyone is doing. Until then, press on brother's and sister's. Love one another and fight the good fight.

Love to all,
    Mandy

Lightenup
    Participant

Go with God Mandy,
    We will look forward to the shinier days ahead when we once again hear from you.
    Many blessings for a safe and productive summer!
    Love,
    Kathi

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ May 13 2008,23:35)
    Stu,

You really do give me something to chuckle about every now and then….

Anyway, the idea that God knows our thoughts secures the hope that he knows exactly which “Charlie B” we are praying for.

Hmmm. Why does 'he' do nothing measurable about Charlie B (or whoever)? It does not seem to matter who is being prayed for, it makes no difference unless that person knows. Even then, it can have a detrimental effect! When people say they will pray for me I ask them not to because I am more likely to die of complications of heart surgery as a result. Not that I am having heart surgery…so that would be particularly surprising!

Anyway the point about this particular Charlie B, if we can agree on the identity of he or she, is the prayer is for salvation, which means Charlie B is probably a quite happy and healthy atheist with a good, intact brain able to tell the difference between fantasy and reality, and here we have the happyman blindly telling people that this person needs salvation. In my not-so-humble opinion that is condescending and invades the privacy of this person, and I am working all the dark spells I can (that is for the benefit of the deluded German lady who thinks I am an antichrist) to see that this person's clarity of thought remains unfettered.

I always enjoy the light-hearted chat here. Don't you?!

Stuart

Cato
    Participant

Stuart brings up an interesting point, the point of free will and choice even when doing what we see as good.  Healing prayers or magic or whatever, should only be done with the consent of the individual (exceptions can be made for those who are incapacitated or are otherwise incapable of consent).  Disregarding other's free will can be more evil then actually doing them harm.  To attempt to heal another without his or her consent is in essence black magic, even if the motive is noble for the implication is that you know more of what's good for an individual soul then he or she does herself, a grand conceit.  Respect for individual choice must be part of the equation in determining how we deal with others even in charity and kindness.

I disagree however with Stuart in his claim that “It does not seem to matter who is being prayed for, it makes no difference unless that person knows.”  for I believe that thoughts do matter and indeed manifest, the results or lack thereof dependent on a host of factors but in general thought is a precurser to action and should never be discarded as meaningless in itself.  Thought and intent and so prayer (unless a rote recitation) I believe do have meaning, even if we as individual humans have little power behind them.

Hi Mandy! Wish you all the Happiness and Love from God. Since I have Arthritis myself I would like to give you some advice. Before having an operation try everything under the sun. The best thing for me is a Cortisone Shot. It really works. my right knee years ago hurt so bad i could barely walk. After two shots it very seldom hurts. Also I would find out what kind of Allergies i have. If I drink any kind of Soft drink, I can guarantee you the next day I am in pain. My Doctor wants to give some shots into my fingers since they are hurting me a lot and are getting deformed and stiff. I am not looking forward to that and have not done so yet. Another things is to do as much exercise with it as tolerated.
    The reason that I am so against an Operation is my Daughter had two on Her right Knee and it is worse of then it was before. She had injured it playing Volleyball when She was 15 years old. Now at 35 She walks with a limp.
    And I also know a friend of ours who had the same Operation and His Knee is feeling great. So I believe it depends on the Doctor. It is not an easy Operation.
    So in closing We will keep you in our prayers.
    With all our Love Irene

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 72 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account