Prayer

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    beenblake
    Participant

Are your prayers unanswered? Does it seem like you are just meditating when you pray? Does it feel like God is not listening?

One of the most essential acts a person can engage is the act of prayer. What is greater than communicating with God? God loves us all, and it is His desire to help us, aid us, and answer our prayers. After all, He is our father, and what father do you know that doesn't want the best for His children.

What many people don't realize is that God is a person. He has an identity that has been revealed to all of us on earth. He wants people to know His person, and to relate to Him. He has done this through Jesus.

Jesus made this very clear in some bold claims. Jesus said:

John 8:19 – (NLT)
    “Where is your father?” they asked. Jesus answered, “Since you don't know who I am, you don't know who my Father is. If you knew me, then you would know my Father, too.”

John 14:9 – (NLT)
    Jesus replied, “Philip, don't you even yet know who I am, even after all the time I have been with you? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father! So why are you asking to see him?

If you know Jesus, then you know the Father. This is essential. The person of Jesus Christ is the person of God as a man. If we know Jesus, then we know God.

And so, the same is true in our prayers. If we pray to Jesus, then we are really praying to God. We are not praying to any God, or any false God, but to a very specific person who has a name. His name is Jesus Christ.

John 14:6 – (NLT)
    Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.

If you cannot accept that Jesus is God, then you must trust Jesus when He says the above. “No one can come to the father except through me.” This is plain and obvious. You must pray to Jesus.

John 5:40 (NLT)
    Yet you refuse to come to me so that I can give you this eternal life.

We must goto Jesus. He is our Savior, our King, and our Redeemer. Jesus is our judge, the one who can forgive our sins. Jesus is our healer, the one who can take our burdens. Jesus is our Redeemer, the one who died so that we may live.

John 6:35 (NLT)
    Jesus replied, “I am the bread of life. No one who comes to me will ever be hungry again. Those who believe in me will never thirst.

Many people will try to tell you otherwise. They will argue that Jesus is not God, therefore, we should not pray to Jesus. I ask why? Is not Jesus the Lord over all? Did not Jesus Himself say He was master of the Sabbath? Did not Jesus say He was King? Did not Jesus say that He has all authority over Heaven and Earth? If this is true, then tell me, why would you pray to anyone else? Jesus is the one with the power and authority. Pray to the one who can answer your prayers. Pray to the one who died for you.

Goto Jesus, for only He can answer your prayers.

david
    Participant

There has to be a forum on this already.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (david @ Oct. 31 2005,23:33)
    There has to be a forum on this already.

hi david,
    Believe it or not there isn't as far as I know.

beenblake. You say God is our Father. Are you speaking just for those reborn into His family or all men?

beenblake
    Participant

Nick,

I am curious, do you believe Jesus is Lord?

Thanks,
    Blake

david
    Participant

Hi beenblake,
    Nick said he will be away for a few weeks. He's having surgery.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (beenblake @ Oct. 31 2005,23:30)
    Are your prayers unanswered? Does it seem like you are just meditating when you pray? Does it feel like God is not listening?

One of the most essential acts a person can engage is the act of prayer. What is greater than communicating with God? God loves us all, and it is His desire to help us, aid us, and answer our prayers. After all, He is our father, and what father do you know that doesn't want the best for His children.

What many people don't realize is that God is a person. He has an identity that has been revealed to all of us on earth. He wants people to know His person, and to relate to Him. He has done this through Jesus.

Jesus made this very clear in some bold claims. Jesus said:

John 8:19 – (NLT)
    “Where is your father?” they asked. Jesus answered, “Since you don't know who I am, you don't know who my Father is. If you knew me, then you would know my Father, too.”

John 14:9 – (NLT)
    Jesus replied, “Philip, don't you even yet know who I am, even after all the time I have been with you? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father! So why are you asking to see him?

If you know Jesus, then you know the Father. This is essential. The person of Jesus Christ is the person of God as a man. If we know Jesus, then we know God.

And so, the same is true in our prayers. If we pray to Jesus, then we are really praying to God. We are not praying to any God, or any false God, but to a very specific person who has a name. His name is Jesus Christ.

John 14:6 – (NLT)
    Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.

If you cannot accept that Jesus is God, then you must trust Jesus when He says the above. “No one can come to the father except through me.” This is plain and obvious. You must pray to Jesus.

John 5:40 (NLT)
    Yet you refuse to come to me so that I can give you this eternal life.

We must goto Jesus. He is our Savior, our King, and our Redeemer. Jesus is our judge, the one who can forgive our sins. Jesus is our healer, the one who can take our burdens. Jesus is our Redeemer, the one who died so that we may live.

John 6:35 (NLT)
    Jesus replied, “I am the bread of life. No one who comes to me will ever be hungry again. Those who believe in me will never thirst.

Many people will try to tell you otherwise. They will argue that Jesus is not God, therefore, we should not pray to Jesus. I ask why? Is not Jesus the Lord over all? Did not Jesus Himself say He was master of the Sabbath? Did not Jesus say He was King? Did not Jesus say that He has all authority over Heaven and Earth? If this is true, then tell me, why would you pray to anyone else? Jesus is the one with the power and authority. Pray to the one who can answer your prayers. Pray to the one who died for you.  

Goto Jesus, for only He can answer your prayers.

Hello beenblake,

Jesus told us who and what to pray for. Matt. 6:9-12

Joh 17:21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
    When Jesus was born He became like us only without sin. Just like you and I Jesus has His own spirit. Jesus' spirit became one with the Holy Spirit. Just like our spirit will be one with the Holy Spirit. This made Jesus the first born of many breathern. When we surrender our spirit to the Holy Spirit we become one with the Holy Spirit. Thus becoming children of God and a brother to Jesus. That's what Jesus did when He surrendered His spirit to God. If He hadn't surrendered His spirit to God then we would still have Adam's sin and unable to communicate with God.
    God answers all prayer, if it's in His will!

Jesus and the Father have the same Spirit. Jesus was not born under sin like you and I are.
    Jesus was the first human (Son of man) who recieved the Holy Spirit to Himself. Making His human spirit and the Holy Spirit one. This is what we were created for, to be children of God.

If you pray to Jesus then you should pray to Mary also. We are to pray THROUGH Jesus NOT to Jesus. Jesus is our big brother! Not our Father! Rom.8:29

Jesus wasn't born until he came from the womb of Mary. The first born of
    the Spirit and flesh. Jesus developed His “Own Spirit” during his thirty
    years before His ministry began. The Holy Spirit joined
    with Jesus' perfect (having no sin) spirit. So now
    God has His Spirit, which is Jesus' Spirit also, and the ” spirit developed while in the flesh “.

Before Jesus' birth:
    Holy Spirit=Father & Son

After Jesus was baptized:
    Holy Spirit=Father and Son + Jesus' personal Spirit

God= Jesus and our personal Spirit, Jesus and us with the Holy Spirit with the Father.

Jesus has His Spirit and the Holy Spirit. Which made Him God's first born Son. We are to do the same as Jesus. When we accept the Holy Spirit our spirit grows until our spirit is one with the Holly Spirit

Heb 2:17 Wherefore it behooved him in all things to be made like unto his
    brethren, that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in things
    pertaining to God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people.

How was Jesus made like us? Besides the flesh He had his own Spirit before
    He had the Holy Spirit. Why did the Holy Spirit come down on Him Like a
    dove? He did no miricles until after he was baptized. He has to have
    a Spirit/Mind, but unlike ours His is perfect, and God willing one day so will our
    spirit will be perfect too. Our spirit joined to the Holy Spirit just like
    our “BIG BROTHER”. Therefore we will be in the “family” of God above the
    angles!

Eph 2:14 For he is our peace, who made both one, and brake down the middle
    wall of partition,

Eph 2:15 having abolished in the flesh the enmity, even the law of
    commandments contained in ordinances; that he might create in himself of the
    two one new man, so making peace;

…”that he might create in himself of the two..” His Spirit and the Holy
    Spirit

“…one new man, so making peace; ..” He made one NEW man

Eph 2:16 and might reconcile them both in one body unto God through the
    cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

“BOTH IN ONE BODY” both what, both who in one body? Through the cross He
    made his Spirit and the Holy Spirit one in Him. Then sacrificed Himself so
    we could do the same as He. “Join our spirit with the Holy Spirit!”
    Making us children of God and brothers with Jesus!

Eph 2:17 and he came and preached peace to you that were far off, and peace
    to them that were nigh:

Eph 2:18 for through him we both have our access in one Spirit unto the
    Father. Jesus is now joined to the Holy Spirit with His Spirit. The first born of many brothers. “We BOTH have our access in one
    Spirit” Who is the both? Jesus' Spirit and our Spirit in the Holy Spirit!

Why are we here? We are here to be one with the Holy Spirit thus being
    “CHILDREN OF GOD AND BROTHERS OF CHRIST” God wants children. He had no
    children before Jesus came in the flesh. We are another dimension of His
    Creation. Above all but God! 🙂 That's right we will be gods sons of God!
    Just like Jesus!!!:-)

Adam failed! We “WERE' Adams sons. Having only our own spirit. Until Jesus
    made peace(he paid the price) making His spirit and the Holy Spirit one
    Spirit, just as it should have been with Adam. The FIRST Adam brought deat
    h
    not being able to join with the Holy Spirit. The SECOND Adam-JESUS brought
    the Holy Spirit, joined His Spirit with the Holy Spirit making ONE Spirit
    paving the way for you and me!!!!!! 🙂 Neat uh!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ,
    Ps 69 is a desperate prayer of Jesus to his God.

Psalm 69
    1Save me, O God; for the waters are come in unto my soul.

2I sink in deep mire, where there is no standing: I am come into deep waters, where the floods overflow me.

3I am weary of my crying: my throat is dried: mine eyes fail while I wait for my God.

4They that hate me without a cause are more than the hairs of mine head: they that would destroy me, being mine enemies wrongfully, are mighty: then I restored that which I took not away.

5O God, thou knowest my foolishness; and my sins are not hid from thee.

6Let not them that wait on thee, O Lord GOD of hosts, be ashamed for my sake: let not those that seek thee be confounded for my sake, O God of Israel.

7Because for thy sake I have borne reproach; shame hath covered my face.

8I am become a stranger unto my brethren, and an alien unto my mother's children.

9For the zeal of thine house hath eaten me up; and the reproaches of them that reproached thee are fallen upon me.

10When I wept, and chastened my soul with fasting, that was to my reproach.

11I made sackcloth also my garment; and I became a proverb to them.

12They that sit in the gate speak against me; and I was the song of the drunkards.

13But as for me, my prayer is unto thee, O LORD, in an acceptable time: O God, in the multitude of thy mercy hear me, in the truth of thy salvation.

14Deliver me out of the mire, and let me not sink: let me be delivered from them that hate me, and out of the deep waters.

15Let not the waterflood overflow me, neither let the deep swallow me up, and let not the pit shut her mouth upon me.

16Hear me, O LORD; for thy lovingkindness is good: turn unto me according to the multitude of thy tender mercies.

17And hide not thy face from thy servant; for I am in trouble: hear me speedily.

18Draw nigh unto my soul, and redeem it: deliver me because of mine enemies.

19Thou hast known my reproach, and my shame, and my dishonour: mine adversaries are all before thee.

20Reproach hath broken my heart; and I am full of heaviness: and I looked for some to take pity, but there was none; and for comforters, but I found none.

21They gave me also gall for my meat; and in my thirst they gave me vinegar to drink.

22Let their table become a snare before them: and that which should have been for their welfare, let it become a trap.

23Let their eyes be darkened, that they see not; and make their loins continually to shake.

24Pour out thine indignation upon them, and let thy wrathful anger take hold of them.

25Let their habitation be desolate; and let none dwell in their tents.

26For they persecute him whom thou hast smitten; and they talk to the grief of those whom thou hast wounded.

27Add iniquity unto their iniquity: and let them not come into thy righteousness.

28Let them be blotted out of the book of the living, and not be written with the righteous.

29But I am poor and sorrowful: let thy salvation, O God, set me up on high.

30I will praise the name of God with a song, and will magnify him with thanksgiving.

31This also shall please the LORD better than an ox or bullock that hath horns and hoofs.

32The humble shall see this, and be glad: and your heart shall live that seek God.

33For the LORD heareth the poor, and despiseth not his prisoners.

34Let the heaven and earth praise him, the seas, and every thing that moveth therein.

35For God will save Zion, and will build the cities of Judah: that they may dwell there, and have it in possession.

36The seed also of his servants shall inherit it: and they that love his name shall dwell therein.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account