Pray for rain

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Debra
    Participant

Hi everyone
    This morning when I looked up the sky was filled with a smokey haze,and the sun bright red, it's an eery sight. The local Christian radio station has been calling everyone to pray for rain, I'm asking if you could do the same. The Dandenongs, where I live is dry and dusty, the fires are burning all over the state of Victoria, many people have already lost everything. There is a scripture that comes to mind, don't know where it is though, it's about praying for rain, and God sent rain. Please pray for rain in Victoria.
    God bless.

Proclaimer
    Participant

I heard that these fires are building up to be as big as the “Ash Wednesday fires”. I will certainly pray for those in Victoria.

seekingtruth
    Participant

I will too

NickHassan
    Participant

amen

Debra
    Participant

Thankyou all and God bless you.

Cubes
    Participant

Hi Deb,

I'm praying too.

Please keep us posted.

Harmony
    Participant

Where ever two or more are in agreement……
    Praying here too.

Debra
    Participant

Today, some good news on the fires, the wind wasn't as strong as expected, which has given the firefighters a chance to get the larger fires under control. There are about 20 fires still burning, one is threatening a township,a change went through yesterday but with little rain. We have another hot day on Thursday, so it's not over yet.
    Thanks guys for your prayers, keep praying.
    God bless.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Amen.

Keep praying everyone.

:)

Cubes
    Participant

Quote (Debra @ Dec. 09 2006,03:05)
    Hi everyone
    This morning when I looked up the sky was filled with a smokey haze,and the sun bright red, it's an eery sight. The local Christian radio station has been calling everyone to pray for rain, I'm asking if you could do the same. The Dandenongs, where I live is dry and dusty, the fires are burning all over the state of Victoria, many people have already lost everything. There is a scripture that comes to mind, don't know where it is though, it's about praying for rain, and God sent rain. Please pray for rain in Victoria.
    God bless.

Hi Deb,

The scripture you had in mind sounds like this one.  
    Very encouraging.

James 5:16 Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much. 17 Elijah was a man with a nature like ours, and he prayed earnestly that it would not rain; and it did not rain on the land for three years and six months. 18 And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth produced its fruit.

Debra
    Participant

Thanks Cubes. That's the one, it is so encouraging.
    God bless.

Proclaimer
    Participant

I noticed that the fires in Victoria have calmed down a bit due to colder temperatures. But Tasmania, NSW, & WA have flared up now.

Hot temperatures are predicted for Thursday however.

This is quite scary because it is only December and the fire season is usually bad around February. So it may be a long fire season this year.

Yes rain is surely needed now, but does it go deeper than that? Do Australians themselves need to repent before God, so that he can heal the land?

Is this natural or a curse? And do we need to pray for repentance too?

Debra
    Participant

Hi t8
    Yes I do believe we have to pray for repentance, you have raised a very good point, our early history tells of our treatment of the Aboriginal people, and our intollerance towards them still today. I read a book once called Our hands are stained with blood, it's a story of the church and the Jewish people. I think our hands are stained with the blood of the land and it's original people here in Australia, as a Nation we need to repent and to ask forgiveness.
    Thank you t8.
    God bless

Participant

Hi everyone:

This sounds like some of the readings in the book of Revelation to me.

2 Chronicles 7:14 states: “If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land”.

I'm praying with you and for you.

God Bless

Debra
    Participant

Hello everyone
    Praise God, we had good rainfall late yesterday and into the night. I heard on the news that we are not yet out of danger, but the rain has made the firefighters task a bit easier, and it looks as if some will be able to spend Christmas with their famlies. Thankyou for you prayers.
    I wish you a blessed time spent celebrating in which ever way you will, the birth of our Blessed Saviour Jesus Christ.
    Love and Peace to you all.
    Debra.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Yes I saw that on the News. Rain and colder temperatures means that the fires have calmed down a lot and some firefighters can take a break over Christmas.

Cubes
    Participant

We thank God for hearing us when we call.

Proclaimer
    Participant

How bizarre:

WHILE Perth residents took to the beach in 34C heat yesterday, Victorians enjoyed a white Christmas as snow doused bushfires.

Heavy snow transformed the fire-blackened landscape in Victoria's east into a brilliant white as
    Melburnians, shrouded by smoke for the past fortnight, had their coldest-ever Christmas Day and were pelted with hail and chilled by biting winds.

Just days after fearing deadly fires would destroy their mountain, residents atop Mt Buller, northeast of Melbourne, were hurling snowballs at each other and shaking their heads in amazement. Likewise, in parts of Tasmania, and Thredbo, in the NSW snow territory, snowmen were the order of the day.

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0,21598,20974869-948,00.html

Thanks be to YHWH.

Debra
    Participant

Hi everyone
    Everyone I spoke to reguarding the current weather, said “thank God for the rain”, most of these people wern't Christian, living up here during summer can put you in auto pilot, you just start to prepare yourself for the worst. waking up Christmas morning was a sight to behold, I took pictures, our balcony was white patches everywhere, and the hail was coming down, it was a gift from God no doubt about it. Some are saying it is Gods gift to the firefighters so they could be with their families. Amongst my group of friends and family, God's been a hot topic, it's been amazing, because my non Christian friends, are suddenly interested in what the Bible says about our strange weather. I love the way our Father works amongst us, He is awsome. Praise Him, He never abandons us.
    Thanks t8 for keeping up the update.it's things like that, that show we care about each other. I felt upheld in prayer with you guys praying for us here in Melbourne, thank you for your faithfullness.
    God bless.

Proclaimer
    Participant

No problem Debra.

Maybe we should pray the cold weather we are having here in Wellington. It feels like winter today.

Seriously though I can handle it, but it would be nice to get some sun and go to the beach over the Christmas break.

Enjoy the rest of the holidays.

:)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account