Powers of heavens shaken!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Texas
    Participant

It has always been my belief, that when Luke made the statement that he did, that he was referring to a Nuclear conflagration that would begin to occur, at the time of the end. I can see now, that, that reasoning was not correct. Luke said, in part: … ” while men become faint out of fear and expectation of the things coming on the inhabited earth; for the POWERS OF THE HEAVENS WILL BE SHAKEN.” {Luke 21:25-28} So, from that, I concluded that a Nuclear War was in the offing for that time period. Now, as I said, I was wrong about that belief. What is it though, that could shake the powers in the heavens that would strike fear into all mankind? We notice in this account in Luke, that this is occuring at the time of the end, when 'they will see the son of man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.'
    This is the time period that Matthew spoke about in his prophecy at Matthew 24: 29-31, when all the tribes of the earth are 'beating themselves in lamentation, because of 'seeing the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.' So, there was something going on contemporaneous with the arrival of the Christ in Kingdom power that has struck terror into the hearts of all mankind. Now, what might that have been? Note the following at Hebrews 12:25-29:

25 “See to it that you do not refuse Him who is speaking. For if those did not escape when they refused him who warned them on earth, much less will we escape who turn away from Him who warns from heaven.
    26 And His voice shook the earth then, but now He has promised, saying, “YET ONCE MORE I WILL SHAKE NOT ONLY THE EARTH, BUT ALSO THE HEAVEN.”
    27 This expression, “Yet once more,” denotes the removing of those things which can be shaken, as of created things, so that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.
    28 Therefore, since we receive a kingdom which cannot be shaken, let us show gratitude, by which we may offer to God an acceptable service with reverence and awe;
    29 for our God is a consuming fire.” {A S B}

Hebrews 12:18-21 (New American Standard Bible)
    “For you have not come to a mountain that can be touched and to a blazing fire, and to darkness and gloom and whirlwind,
    19 and to the blast of a trumpet and the sound of words which sound was such that those who heard begged that no further word be spoken to them.
    20 For they could not bear the command, “IF EVEN A BEAST TOUCHES THE MOUNTAIN, IT WILL BE STONED.”
    21 And so terrible was the sight, that Moses said, “I AM FULL OF FEAR and trembling.” So, not only Moses, but all of the Israelites of that time period was in terror of the voice that they all heard, as we will all now see:
    Exodus 20:18-21 (English Standard Version)
    18 ” Now when all the people saw the thunder and the flashes of lightning and the sound of the trumpet and the mountain smoking, the people were afraid and trembled, and they stood far off 19 and said to Moses, “You speak to us, and we will listen; but do not let God speak to us, lest we die.” 20 Moses said to the people, “Do not fear, for God has come to test you, that the fear of him may be before you, that you may not sin.” 21 The people stood far off, while Moses drew near to the thick darkness where God was. ” That is what it will be like when Jehovah fulfills his promise to shake this earth once more, with his very powerfull voice. Does the Bible give us any indication that, that is true? We will learn that it does. It certainly does! Note these next words:
    Isaiah 13:13 (New American Standard Bible)
    13 ” Therefore I will make the heavens tremble,
    And the earth will be shaken from its place
    At the fury of the LORD of hosts
    In the day of His burning anger. ” How does this effect the People of this earth at that time? Again, note the following:
    Jeremiah 10:10 (New American Standard Bible)
    10 ” But the LORD {Jehovah} is the true God;
    He is the living God and the everlasting King
    At His wrath the earth quakes,
    And the nations cannot endure His indignation.

What will happen to any who might try to escape with their lives at this time? Consider this next verse of scripture that deals directly with that:
    Isaiah 24:18 (New American Standard Bible)
    18 ” Then it will be that he who flees the report of disaster will fall into the pit,
    And he who climbs out of the pit will be caught in the snare;
    For the windows above are opened, and the foundations of the earth shake.” So, everything is closely monitored at this time! Nothing is hidded from the eyes who are staring out of those opened widows of the heavens. Absolutely nothing! No one marked for death, at that time will be able to make it away safely. None at all!
    Now, those at this time, rather than being unable to endure his indignation, are more aptly described in Revelation 6:15,16, in these words:
    American Standard Version
    15 And the Kings of the earth, and the Princes, and the Chief Captains, and the rich, and the strong, and every bondman and freeman, hid themselves in the caves and in the rocks of the mountains;
    16 and they say to the mountains and to the rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb.” We see here, that the 'King of Eternity' is seated on this throne mentioned, with his appointed King Son, with him; described as the Lamb. {John 1:29} They never appreciated the fact, that this Lamb in question, would have removed the stain of all of their sins, had they of, but accepted him as Jehovah's chosen ruling World King. They was all just too proud to bend to the authority of the Christ. Look, though, what the Prophet Isaiah had predicted concerning all of this, self exhalted, proud arrogant type class: { 1 Timothy 1:17} {Revelation 15:3}
    Isaiah 2:12-22 (The Message)
    11-17People with a big head are headed for a fall,
    pretentious egos brought down a peg.
    It's God alone at front-and-center
    on the Day we're talking about,
    The Day that the God-of-the-Angel – of-Armies
    is matched against all big-talking rivals,
    against all swaggering big names;
    Against all giant sequoias
    hugely towering,
    and against the expansive chestnut;
    Against Kilimanjaro and Annapurna,
    against the ranges of Alps and Andes;
    Against every soaring skyscraper,
    against all proud obelisks and statues;
    Against ocean-going luxury liners,
    against elegant three-masted schooners.
    The swelled big heads will be punctured bladders,
    the pretentious egos brought down to earth,
    Leaving God alone at front-and-center
    on the Day we're talking about.
    18And all those sticks and stones
    dressed up to look like gods
    will be gone for good.
    19 Clamber into caves in the cliffs,
    duck into any hole you can find.
    Hide from the terror of God,
    from his dazzling presence,
    When he assumes his full stature on earth,
    towering and terrifying.
    20-21 On that Day men and women will take
    the sticks and stones
    They've decked out in gold and silver
    to look like gods and then worshiped,
    And they will dump them
    in any ditch or gully,
    Then run for rock caves
    and cliff hideouts
    To hide from the terror of God,
    from his dazzling presence,
    When he assumes his full stature on earth,
    towering and terrifying.
    22 Quit scraping and fawning over mere humans,
    so full of themselves, so full of hot air!
    Can't you see there's nothing to them?
    Ezekiel 38:18-25 (Darby Translation)
    18 And it shall come to pass in that day, in the day when Gog shall come against the land of Israel, saith the Lord Jehovah, [that] my fury shall come up in my face;
    19 for in my jealousy, in the fire of my wrath have I spoken, Verily in that day there shall be a great shaking in the land of Israel;
    20 so that the fish of the sea, and the fowl of the heavens, and the beasts of the field, and all creeping things which creep upon the earth
    , and all mankind that are upon the face of the earth shall shake at my presence; and the mountains shall be thrown down, and the steep places shall fall, and every wall shall fall to the ground.
    21 And I will call for a sword against him throughout all my mountains, saith the Lord Jehovah: every man's sword shall be against his brother.
    22 And I will enter into judgment with him with pestilence and with blood; and I will rain upon him, and upon his bands, and upon the many peoples that are with him, overflowing rain and great hailstones, fire and brimstone.
    23 And I will magnify myself, and sanctify myself, and I will be known in the eyes of many nations, and they shall know that I [am] Jehovah.
    Joel 3:16 (American Standard Version)
    16 And Jehovah will roar from Zion, and utter his voice from Jerusalem; and the heavens and the earth shall shake: but Jehovah will be a refuge unto his people, and a stronghold to the children of Israel. {Spiritual Israel}
    Joel 3:16 (American Standard Version)
    16 And Jehovah will roar from Zion, and utter his voice from Jerusalem; and the heavens and the earth shall shake: but Jehovah will be a refuge unto his people, and a stronghold to the children of Israel. {Joel 2:32} For those that believe, that fleshly Israel, Zion and Jerusalem is meant here. For them, it would best to consider Pauls words at Hebrews 12:18-26, as follows:
    Hebrews 12:18-26 (American Standard Version)
    18 For ye are not come unto a mount that might be touched, and that burned with fire, and unto blackness, and darkness, and tempest,
    19 and the sound of a trumpet, and the voice of words; which voice they that heard entreated that no word more should be spoken unto them;
    20 for they could not endure that which was enjoined, If even a beast touch the mountain, it shall be stoned;
    21 and so fearful was the appearance, that Moses said, I exceedingly fear and quake:
    22 but ye are come unto Mount Zion, {Heavenly Mount Zion} and unto the city of the living God, the Heavenly {New} Jerusalem, and to innumerable hosts of angels, {Revelation 3:12; 14:1}
    23 to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are enrolled in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,
    24 and to Jesus the mediator of a new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling that speaketh better than that of Abel. {1 Timothy 2:5}
    25 See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not when they refused him that warned them on earth, much more shall not we escape who turn away from him that warneth from heaven:
    26 whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more will I make to tremble not the earth only, but also the heaven. So, with this final statement, and a consideration of everything I have written here; we should all know by now, what the words of Luke actually meant , when he said: “The powers of the heavens will be shaken.” Then too, it was now heavenly Mount Zion and Heavenly new Jurusalem that was now brought to the fore. Acient Israel, now, has nothing more to do with anything, as can be plainly seen.

Not I, nor anyone else for that matter, can say, that there wouldn't be an Nuclear exchange between Nations at this late date, because Jehovah has already allowed two Japanese Cities to be almost wiped off of the map. We know, had it of been his desire he could have stopped the Bombings of those two Japanese Cities, but he allowed it to occur. We do know, though, that was they to become embroiled in that kind of War now, that he would stop that War from happening, because, was that to continue, it would thwart his purpose for this earth, to turn it into a paradise. That, of course, could never be the case! So, we'll just have to wait and see,how all of this, when it all finally comes to a head, how it all works out in the finale'. We do know, though, that this earth will be the paradise that Jehovah originally intended it to be. Nothing, no man on this earth, could ever alter or change his pupose for this earth. It will take some time to accomplish that purpose, but, it will happen just as he purposes it to happen. Our earth will someday, be the beautiful paradise-like-park, he originally intended it to be. Texas!

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (Texas @ May 17 2009,06:11)
    Acient Israel, now, has nothing more to do with anything, as can be plainly seen.

Texas!

Texas

This little sentence shows how little you understand of the word of God.
    That is exactly what the JWs are teaching; and you tell us you have left them?

Eze 36:8 But ye, O mountains of Israel, ye shall shoot forth your branches, and yield your fruit to my people of Israel; for they are at hand to come.
    Eze 36:10 And I will multiply men upon you, all the house of Israel, even all of it: and the cities shall be inhabited, and the wastes shall be builded:
    Eze 36:11 And I will multiply upon you man and beast; and they shall increase and bring fruit: and I will settle you after your old estates, and will do better [unto you] than at your beginnings: and ye shall know that I am the LORD.
    Eze 36:17 Son of man, when the house of Israel dwelt in their own land, they defiled it by their own way and by their doings: their way was before me as the uncleanness of a removed woman.
    Eze 36:18 Wherefore I poured my fury upon them for the blood that they had shed upon the land, and for their idols wherewith they had polluted it:
    Eze 36:19 And I scattered them among the heathen, and they were dispersed through the countries: according to their way and according to their doings I judged them.
    Eze 36:21 But I had pity for mine holy name, which the house of Israel had profaned among the heathen, whither they went.
    Eze 36:22 Therefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I do not [this] for your sakes, O house of Israel, but for mine holy name's sake, which ye have profaned among the heathen, whither ye went.
    Eze 36:24 For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.
    Eze 36:27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.
    Eze 36:28 And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God.

Is this page missing in your bible?

Georg

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account