Positive Outlook

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 173 total)
  • Author
    Not3in1
    Participant

Those years that I traveled in the band (to raise money for a Christian drug re-hab) were some of the best days of my young adult life. Man, we would dig the practices even. The spirit of God seemed to move so mighty and strong during alter calls in those days. I was grateful to be a part of it all. After Tuesday night practices we would always go get nachos at our favorite hole-in-the-wall Mexican restaurant. I miss those days……. hearing our voices all in harmony and just worshipping…… ya, those were good times.

Ironically enough, over dinner tonight we were talking about how my daughter tried out for the talent show. She sang one of her favorite songs. My son reminded my daughter that we have a video of the band I sang in and so she begged to watch it. She laughed at the mikes we used because now they use head sets. Too funny. Anyway, I sure looked young back then……now I'm 40 and the wrinkles are never going to stop no matter how much expensive cream I get suckered into buying! :laugh: Ah well…… life is good.

Keep on singing!
    Mandy

charity
    Participant

gotta keep up with you,
    your flying with a smiles at 40 Girl?

gee everyone seems to be able sing?
    well I know kejonn and mrs can.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Quote (charity @ May 15 2008,17:05)
    gotta keep up with you,

:laugh:  :laugh:  

Charity   Can you sing? Heh Mandy, kejonn, Charity and I that will make a nice sound. So Who is Soprano, who is Alto, who is Tenor, and who is Baritone. I used to be First Soprano now I am maybe just Soprano or even Alto. Ha, Ha
    :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
    Laughs at 70
    Oh well lets see maybe others will join.
    Peace and Love Irene

charity
    Participant

Quote (seek and you will find @ May 15 2008,17:57)

Quote (charity @ May 15 2008,17:05)
    gotta keep up with you,

:laugh:  :laugh:  

Charity   Can you sing? Heh Mandy, kejonn, Charity and I that will make a nice sound. So Who is Soprano, who is Alto, who is Tenor, and who is Baritone. I used to be First Soprano now I am maybe just Soprano or even Alto. Ha, Ha
    :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
    Laughs at 70
    Oh well lets see maybe others will join.
    Peace and Love Irene

I keep it LOW….Alto

:cool:

charity
    Participant

charity   Cool man……:cool: :cool: :cool:

Peace and Love Irene

charity
    Participant

Quote (seek and you will find @ May 15 2008,19:59)
    charity   Cool man……:cool: :cool: :cool:  

Peace and Love Irene

sO amazing I can hit ever off note in perfection!!!!!

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (charity @ May 15 2008,19:15)
    SINGING THIS ONE

I love your choice of music, girlfriend! Let's hear some more! Who else do you like?

In the video, they danced in the street – I love that! In San Diego my daughter and I danced on a stage together at our outdoor restaurant…….it made everyone smile on Mother's Day. Hey, it was an open stage and it was empty! Why not? It sure made my daughter a wonderful, precious memory. And I know I'll never forget it…..

Not3in1
    Participant

Irene,
    Second Sopr. here, and I've been known to sing the tenor parts on duets before. I love singing harmony versus the melody.

Quote (Not3in1 @ May 16 2008,04:12)
    Irene,
    Second Sopr. here, and I've been known to sing the tenor parts on duets before.  I love singing harmony versus the melody.

Oh, Harmony we had it all from first Soprano to Baritones. What a sound that always made. I miss it too. I wanted you all to join me on the Ventrilo Server and we could have sang together. I sang a song to Kathi. I am a classical fan. Here is a nice every day kind of Song, it is the lyrics that are so nice.
    GOD SPEAKS TO US
    God speaks to us by His great power were lead,
    let not your hearts be disquieted,
    You trust in God, believe and trust in me,
    You trust in God, believe and trust in Him.

In God's vast realm are many offices,
    Were it not so, I surely would have said,
    For I must go, a place for you [prepare.
    For I must go a place for you prepare.

And when this place has been prepared for you
    I will return, with me you shall be too.
    So that where I am you may also be.
    So that where I am you may also be.

John 14:1 ” Let not your Heart be troubled, ye believe in God, believe also in me.”

Peace and Love Irene

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ May 16 2008,04:10)

Quote (charity @ May 15 2008,19:15)
    SINGING THIS ONE

I love your choice of music, girlfriend!  Let's hear some more!  Who else do you like?

In the video, they danced in the street – I love that!  In San Diego my daughter and I danced on a stage together at our outdoor restaurant…….it made everyone smile on Mother's Day.  Hey, it was an open stage and it was empty!  Why not?  It sure made my daughter a wonderful, precious memory.  And I know I'll never forget it…..

Charity,

I'm serious. Who else do you like to listen to? A while back you turned me on to another gal when you posted her video and now I can't find her name? Do you remember who I'm talking about? I'd like to get her CD.

Chat soon,
    Mandy

charity
    Participant

O gotta be somthing sweet about this

YOU kNOW ITS THE SUPER MODEL…when they know to turn at the end of the runAway!

charity
    Participant
    Not3in1
    Participant

Charity, I swear, we are soul-sisters!

The times we have PM'd eachother/emailed/shared…..we have so much in common, it's amazing. Yet our “personalities” here on the board are so different. I like that.

You need to start a thread (if t8 would allow it) like, “Charity's Music Picks” or something. :)

Anyway, email me your fav's…….I'm picking up new CD's. I could use some new sounds!! I'm 40 now, ya know. I need to dance to a different beat! :blues:

Charity I do like some of those songs, even tho I am not a rocker. Coming from Germany you can see that I care more about Classical from Beethoven and Mozart to Bach. The Three Tenors from Italy are my favorites. And there is Andre from Holland. I am getting old and forget so much so I really can't name all the songs, but when I hear them a light goes on. I don't care to much for Opera, even tho the tree Tenors are Opera Singers, but their music is more modern then that long haired stuff.

So I guess I don't have to much in common with you both Mandy and you as far as music is concerned. But that's O.K. I have plenty of company from others.

I still have those old records from Tom Jones and Albert Humpernickel, don't know if I even spelled His name right, maybe you know. We also still have an old Record player. My Daughter has the DVD while I still have the VCR. We have so many tapes from Preachers like Mr. Kennedy and Adrian Rogers. So many tapes from all our Grandchildren and from all of us. To go through all would take me a long time.
    We have had a rich live and I thank God for all. If we wanted a new House we got one. If we wanted a Boat we got one . If we wanted a business, we got one. If we wanted a In-Ground-Pool we got one. We are living in our third Home since we been married 47 years ago.
    Sorry I am just rattling of, well most is positive, right.
    Peace and Love Irene

charity
    Participant

O MRS… Tom JONES, wow I think he should be sharing the same cd case as Tina turner, on the floor of the car
    I listen to whatever,
    CLASSIC has one category in its own personal way, expression of mood and encouragement

And Thanks Mandy :D  
    you sure a different, and I admire your whole style…and  rhythm

charity

Not3in1
    Participant

My mother loved Tom Jones, Loretta Lynn, Conway Twitty – I grew up with them all playing around the house. I'm a country-girl at heart, but when I feel roudy (which is often :;): ) then I like to listen to more up beat/dance music.

lineon
    Participant

Is it OK to join in?

When I was younger I was in a terrible mess
    And I will always be grateful to young Bob Dylan
    He really helped me out of this mess
    I think he is the greatest poet of all time
    But of course now we are on diffrent highways.
    I think your choice of music is great Charity.

Lineon:O :O

Not3in1
    Participant

Hey Lin,

You are welcome everywhere I am welcome – OK?
    :;):

Lineon So what do you sing, Alto or Soprano. Boy soon we will have a whole Choir going. Welcome to all.
    I seem to be out numbered here tho, maybe I will ask God for somebody that likes Beethoven. You know that Dog. He sounds pretty good.
    Love Irene
    :D :D :D

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 173 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account