Positive Outlook

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 173 total)
  • Author

Quote (Cato @ Feb. 03 2008,16:01)
    Everyone is always quick to look to the devil when they should look to themselves.  Most deceptions in life come from within, because we lie to ourselves more then even others.  We should remember the advice “to thy own self be true”.  Remember that pride is one of the seven deadly sins and when we consider ourselves one of the “elect” , is it an honest self assessment or is it our own inflated ego?  While many can argue with Tow and Stu I sincerely doubt they are agents of dark forces.  Just because people have a different perspective does not make them evil.  They may actually be doing folks here some good by stirring their intellectual natures.  Faith grows more through challenge then by passivity.
    As far as the topic of anger I heard this once and liked it a lot:
    The man who never angers is worth little, But the man who angers and controls it not is worthless.

I don't think anybody was considering to be the elect. We don't know who God has chosen. Besides we are talking about if those that are the elect, if they could be deceived. You say we should not look at the devil, but rather at ourselves? I think we better look at the devil He is the author of all evil. We better stay away from Him. We are under Christ Blood and Sin is not imputed to us. Will we sin, yes. If we say that we don't the truth is not in us. But we have a Mediator Jesus Christ that we can go to God's Throne and confess our Sins and He will be quick to forgive us. Do we have Pride, I believe that all have some pride, especially here in America where so much has been given to us. But if we have been Baptized and have been born again, the Holy Spirit will tell you when you go wrong.
    As far as Tow and Stu is concerned, why would I take advice from an Atheist and Someone who does not believe that Jesus is my Savior and My Messiah. Why is Stu on a Christian Website? Not to learn from us. But to give us a hard time. That is good? Sorry you are so wrong about them. They have stirred up a lot of doubt in some on this site. Of course it is the end times and we should expect that will happen. But to go along with the flow I will not do. I will always stand up for my Savior Jesus Christ and God the Father. We are in the process of overcoming as a Christian, and those that will overcome will be with Christ in the millenium that is what Jesus has promised, NOT MY WORDS. I HAVE ALSO SAID THAT THOSE CHRISTIAN THAT GAVE THEIR LIVES FOR CHRIST WILL PROBABLE BE ONE OF THE ELECT. BUT WE DON'T KNOW UNTIL CHRIST RETURNES.
    Peasce and Love Mrs.

Heavens
    Participant

Everyone is always quick to look to the devil when they should look to themselves.

This reminded me of something someone sent to me:

I asked God to take away my habit.
    God said “No. It is not for Me to take away, but for you to give it up”.

I asked God to make the handicapped child whole.
    God said “No. His spirit is whole, his body is only temporary”.

I asked God to grant me patience.
    God said “No. Patience is a byproduct of tribulations; it isn't granted, it is learned.

I asked God to give me happiness.
    God said “No. I give you blessings; Happiness is up to you”.

I asked God to spare me pain.
    God said “No. Suffering draws you apart from worldly cares
    and brings you closer to Me”.

I asked God to make my spirit grow.
    God said “No. You must grow on your own, but I will prune you to make you fruitful.

I asked God for all things that I might enjoy life.
    God said “No. I will give you life, so that you may enjoy all things”.

I ask God to help me love others, as much as He loves me.
    God said…”Ahhhh, finally you have got the idea”.

Not3in1
    Participant

Heavens,

Thank you for this!
    Mandy

Quote (Heavens @ Feb. 15 2008,12:49)

Everyone is always quick to look to the devil when they should look to themselves.

This reminded me of something someone sent to me:

I asked God to take away my habit.
    God said “No. It is not for Me to take away, but for you to give it up”.

I asked God to make the handicapped child whole.
    God said “No. His spirit is whole, his body is only temporary”.

I asked God to grant me patience.
    God said “No. Patience is a byproduct of tribulations; it isn't granted, it is learned.

I asked God to give me happiness.
    God said “No. I give you blessings; Happiness is up to you”.

I asked God to spare me pain.
    God said “No.  Suffering draws you apart from worldly cares
    and brings you closer to Me”.

I asked God to make my spirit grow.
    God said “No. You must grow on your own, but I will prune you to make you fruitful.

I asked God for all things that I might enjoy life.
    God said “No. I will give you life, so that you may enjoy all things”.

I ask God to help me love others, as much as He loves me.
    God said…”Ahhhh, finally you have got the idea”.

How so very true all of it is. Thank you so very much for bringing it to us.

Peace and Love Mrs.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    God is positive.
    Love is positive as is hope and joy.
    To live in Christ is to live always cheerfully and positively
    2Cor 1

17When I therefore was thus minded, did I use lightness? or the things that I purpose, do I purpose according to the flesh, that with me there should be yea yea, and nay nay?

18But as God is true, our word toward you was not yea and nay.

19For the Son of God, Jesus Christ, who was preached among you by us, even by me and Silvanus and Timotheus, was not yea and nay, but in him was yea.

20For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 25 2008,11:53)
    Hi,
    God is positive.
    Love is positive as is hope and joy.
    To live in Christ is to live always cheerfully and positively
    2Cor 1

17When I therefore was thus minded, did I use lightness? or the things that I purpose, do I purpose according to the flesh, that with me there should be yea yea, and nay nay?

18But as God is true, our word toward you was not yea and nay.

19For the Son of God, Jesus Christ, who was preached among you by us, even by me and Silvanus and Timotheus, was not yea and nay, but in him was yea.

20For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.

Hi! There are indeed a lot of things in life that are positive.
    A Baby's first cry. A Baby's first step. A Baby's first words. Then the grow up and the cycle starts all over again.
    For most of the times, this website has been positive. Just wish more people would just fellowship.
    Shows me what they are all about.
    We had over a foot of snow last week and now it is all melting. It was so beautiful today the Sun was shinning so bright, the Birds are out. Even the deer come through our yard looking for food. They mainly travel at night tho. We see their tracks in the snow.
    Spring is just around the corner and that means planting flowers. One of my favorite things to do. So positive.
    Peace and Love Mrs.

thehappyman
    Participant

Very nice in deed …….good reading ! praise God

One thing that is so positive that it changed the whole world. God send His only begotten Son to die for us, so we can have eternal life in Christ Jesus. We are now under a New Covenant which is the Blood of Christ. We have received the Holy Spirit and now understand which is of God. There is no greater positive then that.
    Brethren lets Love each other with a Godly Love which Jesus has shown us.
    Lets be positive one day at the time. Praise God on High.
    Bless you all.
    Peace and Love Mrs.
    :D :D :D

Since the last post here, going over the tread made me realize how nagitive I have become. It has made me very sad. That is why I have not posted for a couple of days. I have also put Joyces Book into a corner, and have not looked at it. I will look at the Book tomorrow to see what I can put up here again. Until then, Praise God on High.
    Peace and Love Irene :( :D :D
    P.S. Since it is the 9th it is our youngest Grandson's Birthday, He is 7 today.

PRAYER
    Job 22:27
    I will pray to Him, and He will hear me, and I will fulfill my vows.

Psalms 34:4,15
    I sought the Lord, and He heard me, and delivered me from all ny fears….. The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and His ears are open to their cry.

Psalm 38:15
    In You O Lord, do I hope; You will answer, O Lord my God.

Psalm 145:18-19
    The Lord is near to me and all who call upon Him, to all, who call upon Him sincerely and in truth. He will fulfill the desires of those who reverentley and worshipfully fear Him; He aslo will hear their cry and will save them.

Proverbs 15:29
    The Lord is far from the wicked, but He hears my prayers- the prayer of the righteous.

Isaiah 55:6
    I seek, inquire for, and require the Lord while He may be found. I call upon Him while He is near.

Math, 7:7-8
    I ask and keep on asking and I receive. I seek and keep on seeking and I find.  I knock and keep on knocking and the door is opened unto me.

Math. 18:19
    Again I tell you, if two of you on earth agree about whatever they may ask, it will come to pass and be done for them by My Father in heaven.

Luke 18:1
    I always pray, I don't faint, quit or give up.

John 16:24
    I ask and receive and my joy is made full.

Romans 8:26
    The Holy Spirit comes to me aid's and bears me up in my weakness; for I do no know what prayer to offer it worthily as I ought, but the Spirit of God goes to meet my supplication and pleads in my behalf with unspeakable yearnings and groanings too deep for uterance.

1 Thessalonians 5:17
    I will be unceasing in prayer.

Hebrew 4:16
    I will fearlessley and comfidently and boldly draw near to the throne of grace of God's unmerited favor to sinners, that I may receive mercy and find grace to help in good time for every need, just when I need it.

Peace and Love Mrs.

Submission to Authority

God's and Man's

Jishua 24:24 The Lord my God will I serve; His voice I will obey.

1Samuel 19:28
    Rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft and stubborness is idolatry, therefore I AM SUBMISSIVE TO AUTHORITY.

Psalm 109;17-18
    The mercy and loving kindness of the Lord are from everlasting to everlasting upon me and all who reverentley and worshipfully fear Him. To such as leep His covenant and obeying and to those who remember His commandments to do them.

Psalms 112:1
    I am blessed because I fear he Lord. I delight greatley in His commandments.

Psalms 119:44-45
    I will keep God's Law continually, forever and ever, receiving, loving, and obeying it. And I will walk at leberty and at ease, for I have sought and inquired for His precepts.

Isaiah 1:19-20
    If I am willing and obedient, I will eat the good of the land' but if refuse and rebel, I will be devoured by the sword. For the mouth of the Lord has spoken it.

Luke 11:28
    Blessed am I because I hear the Word of God and obey and practice it.

Ephesians 6:5
    As an employee I am obedient to my boss and have respect for him or her. I am eager to please them in singleness and motive and with all my heart, as a service to Christ Himself.

James 47:8
    I submit to God, I resist the devil and he flees from me. I drew near to God and He draws near to me.

1 Peter 218-19
    As an employee I am submissive to my employer, I show him or her respect, not only when they are good and kind to me, but at all times for God approves of me when I do.

1 John 3:22
    I receive from Gos whatever I ask, because I obey His orders, His suggestions and injunctions, follow His plan for me and practice what is pleasing to Him.

Peace and Love Irene

THE GOODNESS OF GOD

Psalms 34:8
    O taste and see that the Lord(our God) is good! Blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him.

Psalms 37:4-6
    I seek my happiness in the Lord, and He gives me my hearts desire. I give myself to the Lord, trust in Him, and He helps me, He makes my righteousness shine like the noonday sun.

Psalms 84:11
    The Lord God is my Sun and Shield, the Lord bestows grace and favor and glory and heavenly bliss.
    No good thing will He withhold from me as I walk uprightly.

Psalm135:3
    Praise the Lord; the Lord is good; sing praises to His name, for He is gracious and lovely.

Psalm 145:9
    The Lord is good to everyone and His tender mercies are over all His works.

Proverbs 10:22
    The blessing of the Lord–makes me rich, and He adds no sorrow with it.

Jeremiah 29:11
    God has good plans toward me. He intends for me to have peace and not evil and give me hope in my final outcome.

Jeremiah 33:11
    The Lord is good, for His mercy, tender kindness and steadfast love endure forever

Nahum 1:7
    The Lord is good, a Strength and Stronghold in my day of trouble; He knows has knowledge of, and understands me because I take refuge and trust in Him.

Luke 12:32
    I will not be seized with alarm and struck with fear, for it is my Fathers good pleasure to give me the kingdom.

Romans 2:4
    The goodness of God leads men to repentance.

1 Corinthians 2:9
    Eye had not seen nor ear heard Nor have entered into the hearts of man. God has prepared for them I love Him, in affectionate reverence, promptly obeying Him and gratefully recognizing the benefits He has bestowed.

Philippians 4:19
    My God will liberally supply my every need according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.

Peace and Love Mrs.

I hope you will all love these wonderful positive verses out of our Bible.

KING ALL GLORIOUS

REJOICE THE LORD IS KING
    YOUR LORD AND KING ADORE
    MORTALS, GIVE THANKS
    GIVE THANKS AND SING
    AND TRIUMPH EVERMORE
    THE LORD IS KING, THE LORD IS KING.

JESUS, THE SAVIOR, REIGNS,
    THE GOD OF TRUTH AND LOVE
    WHEN HE HD PURGED, HAD PURED OUR STAINS
    HE TOOK HIS SEAT ABOVE
    LIFT UP YOUR HEART
    LIFT UP YOUR VOICE
    THE LORD IS KING

KING ALL GLORIOUS, LORD OF HOST ALMIGHTY
    THOU ART REVEALED IN VICTORY
    OVER ALL THE WORL ACENDED
    KING ALL GLORIOUS.

CROWN HIM WITH MANY CROWNS
    THE LAMB UPON HIS THRONE
    HARK, HOW THE HEAVENLY ANTEM DROWNS
    ALL MUSIC BUT ITS OWN
    AWAKE MY SOUL AND SING
    OF HIM WHO DIED FOR THEE

AND HAIL HIM AS THY MATCHLESS KING
    THROUGH ALL ETERNITY. AMEN.

Peace and Love Mrs.

Not3in1
    Participant

Glory to God!

I made it to 40!

Looking forward to 40 more………

Love to all,
    Mandy

Mandy Happy Birthday
    Love Irene :D :D :D

Not3in1
    Participant

Thank you, Irene!
    :)

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (seek and you will find @ May 12 2008,10:08)
    Jeremiah 33:11
    The Lord is good, for His mercy, tender kindness and steadfast love endure forever

The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases.
    His mercies never come to end.
    They are new every morning,
    new every morning.
    Great is thy faithfulness,
    O LORD.

Great is thy faithfulness.

Refrain:                 ” Great is Thy faithfulness, great is Thy faithfulness.'
                 Morning by morning new mercies I see. All I have needed Thy hands has provided.
                               ' Great is Thy faithfulness, ” Lord unto me!

1 ” Great is Thy faithfulness, O God my Father,
     There is no shadow of turning with Thee.
     Thou changes not. Thy compassions, they fail not.
     As Thou hast been Thou forever wilt be.
    2 Summer and Winter, and Springtime and harvest.
      Sun Moon and Stars in their courses above,
      Join with all nature in manifold witness.
      To Thy great faithfulness, mercy and love.
    3  Pardon for Sin and a peace that endureth,
       Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide.
       Strenght for today, and bright hope for tomorrow.
       Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!

Peace and Love Irene

This post is so much nicer then any other, that I made today.
    God Bless all.

Not3in1
    Participant

Yes, I am told that God will remain faithful even when we are not.
    I'm grateful for this news!
    I choose to believe it.

Thanks, Irene for all your efforts. They do not go un-noticed!
    Love to you,
    Mandy

Mandy singing is one of my favorite talents that God has given me, and it makes me happy. I am really thankful to God for all that He has given us. Thank you for your positive post. Much appreciated.
    Love Irene :D :D :D

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 173 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account