Positive Outlook

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 173 total)
  • Author

Nick
    Hebrew 9:15 and for the cause He is the Mediator of the New Testament that by means of Death, for the redemption of the transgressions that wer under the first Testament, they which are called might receive their promise of iternal inheritance.

It says nothing about born again and Bapism either, so why can you say that She is worshipping another Jesus. Yes those Scriptures you give are important too, but we can't look into Her heart now can we. She believes in Jesus Christ and that He died for us, why is that not good enough for you. How can you judge a person on that merit.

Peace and Love Mrs.

Not3in1
    Participant

Anything positive can't hurt.

Wait! Am I supposed to be here? I forgot to check and see if this is in the “Believer's Place” or not? I guess it's just habit to think I am welcome anywhere Jesus is preached. Jesus welcomed all – all who were thirsty – he didn't require that they be believer's to hear him or to listen to prayers!

Oh, now back to your positive stuff – riiiight.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (seek and you will find @ Jan. 17 2008,10:13)
    Nick
    Hebrew 9:15 and for the cause He is the Mediator of the New Testament that by means of Death, for the redemption of the transgressions that wer under the first Testament, they which are called might receive their promise of iternal inheritance.

It says nothing about born again and Bapism either, so why can you say that She is worshipping another Jesus. Yes those Scriptures you give are important too, but we can't look into Her heart now can we. She believes in Jesus Christ and that He died for us, why is that not good enough for you. How can you judge a person on that merit.

Peace and Love Mrs.

Hi mrs,
    Heb 9
    14How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

15And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

Indeed Hebrews too is not written for the unsaved but the saved and those who are under the new covenant.

Nick and Mandy You can have it your way, I will not post anything els from the book. That makes it easy for me any way. Right I do not believe in a diffrent Jesus then what the N.T. scriptures is teaching me. That is all folks.

Peace and Love Mrs.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (seek and you will find @ Jan. 16 2008,19:05)
    Nick and Mandy You can have it your way, I will not post anything els from the book. That makes it easy for me any way. Right I do not believe in a diffrent Jesus then what the N.T. scriptures is teaching me. That is all folks.

Peace and Love Mrs.

Mrs,

Understand another thing about this forum: it thrives on differences, just like any forum. Without differences, the board dies. What you have posted is good but does not lend towards debate so people will ignore it on here. These thoughts are best shared with your husband and family, those that love and respect you. Not to say others here do not care for you, but the ydo not compare to your own family and friends.

Tow Thank you for your kind words, but I did this to do something positive, so I thought. I learned something, I did not know what netiquette was ,so I googled it. I am not up with that computer talk, should ask our Grandson their the experts. One of my Grandson is taking Computer Engineering in College. Yes I am very proud of our Grandchildren.

Peace and Love Mrs.IM4Truth

Towshab
    Participant

There is one thing I learned as a Christian but it does not mean others do not learn it as well: kindness is a reward in itself. So don't feel frustrated if you feel you are doing something positive no one seems to be acknowledging. The world is full of such disappointments but you can take pride (not haughty, but self assuring) in your efforts because you never know if someone else might not come along later and see what you have shared and be touched. You just never know.

Quote (Not3in1 @ Jan. 17 2008,10:17)

Wait!  Am I supposed to be here?  I forgot to check and see if this is in the “Believer's Place” or not?  I guess it's just habit to think I am welcome anywhere Jesus is preached.  Jesus welcomed all – all who were thirsty – he didn't require that they be believer's to hear him or to listen to prayers!

Mandy I really can't understasnd what you mean about this. I was not talking about you, if you thought that. I was having a conversatiom with Nick about Joyce Meyer, I was wondering what you thought? You sound angry.

Peace and Love Irene

seekingtruth
    Participant

seek and you will find,
    I agree with Towshab I have found that “No good deed goes unpunished!”

Wm

Quote (Towshab @ Jan. 17 2008,21:27)
    There is one thing I learned as a Christian but it does not mean others do not learn it as well: kindness is a reward in itself. So don't feel frustrated if you feel you are doing something positive no one seems to be acknowledging. The world is full of such disappointments but you can take pride (not haughty, but self assuring) in your efforts because you never know if someone else might not come along later and see what you have shared and be touched. You just never know.

Tow That is why I have reconsidered and will continue. Just because one or maybe two don't see good in this should not stop me. Sometimes we jump to quickly and I am still learning about criticism. Having Lupus does not help, we are easily irritated.
    Peace andLove MrsIM4Truth

VICTORY

I have Victory wherever I go.
    2 Samuel 8:6

Yours O Lord, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, for all that is in the heavens and that are on the earth is Yours: Yours is the Kingdom, O Lord and yous is to be exalted as Head over all.
    1 Chronicles 29:11

The Lord takes pleasure in His people; He beautifies the humble with salvation an adorns the wretches with Victory.
    Psalms 149:4

By wise counsel I can wage war, and in an abundance of counselors there is victory and safety.
    Proverbs 24:6

Amid all these things, I am more than conqueror and gain a surpassing victory through Him who loves me.
    Romans 8:37

When this perishable puts on the imperishable and this that was capable of dying puts on freedom from death, then shall be fulfilled the Scripture that says, Death is swallowed up(utterly vanished forever) in and into victory….. I thank God, who gives me the victory( making me a conqueror) through Lord Jesus Christ.
    1 Corinth.15:54,57

Thanks be to God, who in Christ always leads me in triumph( as trophy of Christs victory) and through me spreads and makes evidents the fragrance of the knowledge of God everywhere.
    2 Corinth. 2:14

Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is a child of God. And everyone who loves His Father loves His Children too. I know I love God”s children if I love God and obey His commandments. Loving God means keeping His commandments and that isn't difficult. For every child of God defeats this evil world by trusting Christ to give the victory. And the ones who wins this battle against the world are the ones who believe that Jesus is the Son of God.
    1 John 5:1-5 (NLT)

Peace and Love MrsIM4Truth

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (seek and you will find @ Jan. 17 2008,22:43)

Quote (Not3in1 @ Jan. 17 2008,10:17)

Wait!  Am I supposed to be here?  I forgot to check and see if this is in the “Believer's Place” or not?  I guess it's just habit to think I am welcome anywhere Jesus is preached.  Jesus welcomed all – all who were thirsty – he didn't require that they be believer's to hear him or to listen to prayers!

Mandy I really can't understasnd what you mean about this. I was not talking about you, if you thought that. I was having a conversatiom with Nick about Joyce Meyer, I was wondering what you thought? You sound angry.

Peace and Love Irene

You read me right.

I am a bit angry.

I'm angry at myself as well.

We are supposed to be Christians – lovers of the Almighty God – and we are nit-picking with one another AND casting stones at other's. This should not be.

I see you post something “positive” when you are eager to tell other's where their place is and to get lost! I don't see how the fresh water can flow with the salty? I guess I do because it flows out of my mouth as well. Maybe I'm more angry at myself because I see myself in you…….

Forgive me.

Last night I took a break from here. It was good. There is a lot of not-so-nice things running through my head that just might make it to my lips if I continue with you. I need to pray. It would do us all some good to realize that nothing can truly be accomplished for God unless we first learn to love one another. This includes not excluding others. You know this is something we learn as children……don't exclude people – it hurts their feelings. I think Jesus would want us to pray where the unsaved could hear our rejoicing and our mourning. I think Jesus would want us to turn the cheek to those who are angry and mocking. I think Jesus would want US to rise above it and be the better example. To wash their feet. To serve them. Isn't that what we are taught? That isn't what I've seen here, and yes I am angry/upset and confused. More than all of this, I am disappointed and that is my own for putting more value here than I should.

Perhaps Tim is correct, I am lonely. I'm lonely because I have no one to share spiritual matters with. I have plenty of friends and family – I don't need that interaction. But I need the intimacy of Christians – those who are searching for God – those who can encourage me to do the same……

I'm rambling now and where there are too many words, sin isn't far behind. I'll shut my yap now and hope for the best. I'll pray for the best in all of us.

Mandy

Oh Mandy! What am I going to say to you. First of all how many times did I tell somebody to get lost? In the Prayer Tread were Stu mocked Prayers. And for that I have been repaid dearly from you. I have never meant any harm to anybody. I have Prayed for everybody. I have put this post up, because I thought it could help us all including myself.`I have apologized to you for something that I don't even know why, in order I thought, to make peace. That backfired also. You say you are more angry, because you see yourself in me? And what is that suppose to mean? That I am angry? Yes, I was angry at Stu for doing what He did. But if you would read on I think I told Him that I was going to pray for Him. I am getting old and my memory does not serve as well anymore, so if I was wrong at that, I take it back. Somewhere I told all including Tow and Stu that I would pray for them and I have, just last night. And I never forget to pray for you and all the people on thehappymans list.
    As far as you searching for God, I am sorry, but I can not support you in that, because I have God and Jesus living in me, I have been Baptized according to Scripture and have been born from above. I can only support you for praying for you. I do not have to search for God, I only read His Word in the Bible and learn more. I have been a Christian much longer then you have, so you have to do the searching by yourself. Or maybe some body else can help you with that. That does not mean that I don't love you, Mandy and I wish with all my heart that the doubt that you have today will disappear and you will believe in your Messiah our Jesus Christ again. But I must say this to you again, and don't take this in the wrong way, searching in the wrong place will only get you further away from Jesus. I will put up something to help us in the ” Spiritual Warfare”. We also have to remember that we are in the end times. Mockers will come and try to take which we have away from us. Put on the whole Armor of God. Praying, Meditating and studying the Word of God in your Bible.

Not3in1
    Participant

Thanks, Irene. I appreciated what you wrote.

Please forgive me for pointing fingers and not showing the fruits of the Spirit. God has not been pleased with me lately and I'm beginning to hear him speak to me. The message is coming in loud and clear………Love one another as I have loved you.

Spiritual Warfare

The Lord causes my enemies who rise up against me to be defeated before my face; the shall come out against me one way and flee before me seven ways.
    Deut. 28:7

The Lord contends with those who contend with me; He fights against those who fight against me! I take hold of the shield and buckler, and stand up for my help! I draw out also the spear and javelin and close up the way of those who pursue and persecute me. The Lord is my deliverance!
    Psalms 35:1-3

I discern in my bodily members (in the sensitive appetites and wills of the flesh) a different law(rule of action) at was against the law of my mind (my reason) making me a prisoner to the law of sin that dwells in bodily organs ( in the sensitive appetite and wills of the flesh). Who will release and deliver me from the (the shekels of) this body of death? O thank God(He will) through Jesus Christ ( the Anointed One) my Lord.
    Romans 7:23-25

I am more then a conqueror through Christ Who loves me.
    Romans 8:37

Though I walk (live) in the flesh, I am not carrying on my warfare according to the flesh and using mere human weapons. For the weapons of my warfare are not physical weapons of flesh and blood, but they are mighty before God for the overthrow and destruction and strongholds.
    2 Corinth. 10:3-4

I will put on God's whole armor ( the armor of heavy-armed soldier which God supplies, that I may be able successfully stand up against all the strategies of the deceits of the devil.
    Ephesians 6:11

I will fight on for God, holding tightly to the eternal which God has given me, and which I have confessed with such a ringing confession before many witnesses.
    1 Timothy 6:12 (TLB)

I abstain from the sensual urges ( the evil desires, the passions of the flesh, my lower nature that wage war against my soul. I must conduct myself properly honorable , righteously.
    1 Peter 2:11-12

I will be well balanced temperate, sober of mind, vigilant an caution at all times; for the enemy of mine, the devil, roams around like a lion roaring (in fierce hunger), seeking someone to seize upon and devour.
    1 Peter 5:8

Quote (Not3in1 @ Jan. 18 2008,07:40)
    Thanks, Irene.  I appreciated what you wrote.

Please forgive me for pointing fingers and not showing the fruits of the Spirit.  God has not been pleased with me lately and I'm beginning to hear him speak to me.  The message is coming in loud and clear………Love one another as I have loved you.

Mandy I appreciate this too. From my Covenant Tread “The greatest Commandments of all are that, you Love God with all of your heart and your neighbor as thyself. There is no greater Commandments then these.”

Towshab
    Participant

Mrs.,

Do you use bible software? Surely you are not typing all of this. You can install e-sword on your computer. Go to e-sword.net. They have many versions free. A Christian told me about it.

Towshab
    Participant

Tow Yes I type everything by hand. No software. I am not much up about this computer. Never learned much about it. We just got this about a year ago. I love it, but don't know all what can be done with it. We also have a printer were you can scan and I love that. Have done pictures and send to Germany to my Cousin and He thought it was the greatest he seen, because the pictures are so large. Thank you for the advice. See what I can do.

Peace and Love Mrs.

Towshab
    Participant

If you don't want to get into installing software, some good sites for bible verses are

http://www.bible.cc
    http://www.blueletter.org
    http://www.biblegateway.com

The bible.cc will let you pick a verse and get the translations in many different Christian versions AND several commentaries. Blueletter has Strong's so you can do Hebrew and Greek word searches. If you choose to use the NASB on biblegateway, you get good cross references.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 173 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account