Physical fellowship

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Some proudly preach the unity and faithfulness of their denomination. Surely the most important issue is not to join a fellowship but to be personally established in the Lord Jesus Christ.

Did not Jesus say
    “Seek ye first the kingdom of God and everything else will be added to you”?

How sad it would be if those who you are fellowshipping with were not fellowshipping with the Lord, and your sincere efforts to please God were in vain. Is not true fellowship something that God adds?

God does not want us fellowshipping with demons.

Does he not say about those of His who are in the whore and awake in the Spirit

“Come out of her My people”

david
    Participant

In Is 1:18's first post, he said:

Romans 1:12
    that is, that I may be encouraged together with you while among you, each of us by the other's faith, both yours and mine.

Hebrews 10:24, 25
    24 and let us consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds, 25 not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another; and all the more as you see the day drawing near.

I wonder what “day” you believe is “drawing near.”

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    If the day is drawing near then it is even more important to ensure that your first and most important fellowship is the God and His son Jesus.[1Jn 1.3f]

Woutlaw
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ April 21 2005,10:10)

Quote (Is 1:18 @ April 21 2005,05:58)
    Given that 99%+ of professing christians belong to denominational churches, in who's best interest is it when an individual member rejects all churches on doctrinal grounds, physically isolates him/herself from christian fellowship and never again seeks it, God's or Satan's?

I doubt your quote that 99% of christians fellowship at a denomination. I cannot verify the following stat, but I was told by a pastor of a denomination in New Zealand that the previous census showed that most people who believe in God and Jesus (which was a much higher percentage than many thought) do not regularly go to church. In fact if we defined a christian as one who belonged to a denomination or regularly goes to a denomination, then New Zealand is not very christian at all. He was very concerned about this, wondering how to get all these so-called “out of church” people back. I wasn't worried at all. I see the Church in a different way than the  physical way that most seem to view her.

Does anyone have any real figures on how many who have faith (believe in God and his son) and actually belong to a denomination?

In my experience, I know plenty of christians who do not belong to a denomination. The denomination I use to go to (4 years ago) now has mainly a new congregation. Where did the old congregation go? They got older and wiser and moved on in life. Some fellowship in other denominations, but many do not. I can't believe that those who do not have all lost their faith. In fact I still keep in touch with some of them and of those people, they still love God and believe in the scriptures, with the exception of perhaps one person. Rather these people just got fed up with the same old crap to put it bluntly. Many were quite young at the time, but as they got older many just simply got wiser and put their old denomination in a bigger context. I think that this may not be an isolated case, but perhaps a repeating pattern.

I do not belong to a denomination, but I do get fellowship. I would like more admittedly. But to those who do not, I have a suggestion. Make disciples. That will also ensure that you get fellowship.

If we think about it, the early church must have faced times and places where fellowship was scarce. But they just extended the kingdom of God, rather than look for what was already there. In some places there was nothing there anyway.

Satan couldn't destroy the Church as he tried so hard in the beginning with persecution and death. But he devised a way to control it (perhaps plan B). By using his world system, he simply infiltrated the Church and set up his system within the Church. We see in Constantine's time the same leader of Rome (the beast) was also the same guy who organised and defined Christianity. Through this system, the holy day, and holydays (holidays), the books and the creed were all setup and bound together. It makes it easier to control this way and Rome was all about control.  

The system that we call denominations today is simply about control. Satan cannot control the Church because Jesus is the head. But he can control the system. He only needs to get christians to believe that the system itself is the church and then he indirectly has control.

Look at history. The Church system controlled scripture to the point that christians were not even allowed to read it. And then the priests had to read and speak the scripture in Latin. The system controlled what you believed and it  happily took your money too. It even had the power to put to death those who apposed her and she persecuted many including christians, even scientists who didn't agree with their flat earth policy. Now we see that this system has many leaders who just also happen to be sexual perverts. Perhaps this has been the case for centuries. It's just that it is exposed now. The outside of the cup looks clean, but inside it is full of death. Having a form of godliness…

Wisen up. The Church system is about control. It is corrupt. It is there to rob you of your potential in God, by making you conform to a certain image. The system has divided up the body of Christ into meaningless partitions which stops the unity of the brethren that is required for the world to believe that Jesus is the Christ. What good is a hand if it is not in unison with the head and the other parts?

Once you are assimilated into that system, it then becomes very easy to just sit at the back and be entertained by 5% of the congregation who seem to be overworked. God never intended for the Church to be run as if it were a factory of mindless workers being lead by 5% management. This system creates luke-warm people. Hot people are usually expelled from this system as they are not conformers.

As it is written: “Come out of her my people, for her sins have piled up to heaven”. “Pay her back twice what she gave you.”

T8,

you hit the nail on the head with this post !!!!!!!

Woutlaw
    Participant

Hello guys,

I long for physical fellowship, but cannot subject myself and my family to false teachings. The bible makes it very clear that there is One truth and we must hold on to that.

Titus 2:1 tells us to teach what is in accord with sound doctrine.

1 Thessalonians 5:21 tells us to test all things and hold fast to that which is true.

1 Timothy 4:16 tells us to watch your life and doctrine closely, persevere in them for if you do, you will save both yourselves and your hearers.

Galatians 1:8-9 tells us that if we or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be condemned. verse nine repeats this

So guys doctrine is VERY important. We must hold fast to the truth. Holding on to the truth is more important than fellowshipping with false teachers. The Apostle John, though he was all alone on the island of Patmos, held on to the truth. He had his fellowship with the head of the church.

david
    Participant

Hi david,
    If the day is drawing near then it is even more important to ensure that your first and most important fellowship is the God and His son Jesus.[1Jn 1.3f]

No one here is saying that we should not be one with God, or His son.

What does this scipture actually say?
    HEBREWS 10:24-25
    “And let us consider one another to incite to love and fine works, not forsaking the gathering of ourselves together, as some have the custom, but encouraging one another, and all the more so as YOU behold the day drawing near.”

Whether it is first and most important to have fellowship with God, is not in question. What does this scripture say? And, is that day drawing near? And if so, what does that mean?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    The Day of the Lord Jesus Christ surely, the day of his return. But will he find faith on the earth?

kenrch
    Participant

“What does this scipture actually say?
    “And let us consider one another to incite to love and fine works, not forsaking the gathering of ourselves together, as some have the custom, but encouraging one another, and all the more so as YOU behold the day drawing near.”

I would be more than happy to fellowship with christians who are trinitarians and accept them because they believe in Jesus and have been baptized. But they will not fellowship with me because according to all denominations (except the JWs) I'm not a chrisitian because I refuse to believe in the Trinity tradition. Their leaders are afraid that the truth might rub off on them. So am I to deny the TRUE WORD of God for the sake of fellowship with believers who are decieved? Should I accept their lie? Not me, Not ever!

The JWs won't fellowship with me because I accept chrisitians of all faith as long as they fellowship with Jesus. And unless I confess that the JWs are the one true church (Just as the Catholics do) then I'm doomed. .

So now how am I to interpret that scripture. Paul is speaking to those who are of the same belief. Back then their was no trinity their were no Catholics and her daughters and no JWs. Their was simply “THE BODY OF CHRIST”.

Who has all the truth? I won't know everything until I become completely “light” (1 Cor. 13:12).
    The truth is most precious in a world of lies.

david
    Participant

Hi david,
    The Day of the Lord Jesus Christ surely, the day of his return. . . .

“But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here….” (2 tim 3:1)
    We are living in critical times hard to deal with. We have pressures and stresses never before seen. Time are moving fast, complicated, busy lives. With Satan having been hurled down, there is great “woe” for the earth, knowing his time is short. Paul went on to describe and warn of the sort of people we would have to contend with in the “last days” of this system of things.

Basically, what I'm saying is: We need help and encouragement and even moreso in these critical times, hard to deal with.

Some have forsaken gathering together. True Christians are not like this. They gather together, which is encouraging, and this encouragement is needed all the moreso as that day draws near.

Hi Kenrch,

The JWs won't fellowship with me because I accept chrisitians of all faith as long as they fellowship with Jesus.

And neither would Paul or Peter have accepted someone who thinks that all religions are ok, as long as they believe in God.
    It's simply that we understand the danger of associating with ones who may not share the same spirit.
    If you spend all your times with people that like to do drugs, pretty soon, you most likely will be doing drugs.
    If you spend all your time with people who believe false things, those false things may wear off on you, right?

1 CORINTHIANS 15:33
    “Do not be misled. Bad associations spoil useful habits.”
    (Not saying you're bad. I'm saying that there are certain healthful habits. But as I illustrated, if you associate with someone who has the habit of using drugs, you are misleading yourself if you don't think it may affect you. It will.)

PROVERBS 13:20
    “He that is walking with wise persons will become wise, but he that is having dealings with the stupid ones will fare badly.”
    (Again, not saying you're not wise. But the principle is the same as above.)

1 CORINTHIANS 5:6
    “YOUR [cause for] boasting is not fine. Do YOU not know that a little leaven ferments the whole lump?”
    (The same.)

2 PETER 2:2
    “Furthermore, many will follow their acts of loose conduct, and on account of these the way of the truth will be spoken of abusively.”
    (Christianity would be spoken against because of the bad things some did who claimed to be Christian. There are many such ones. They do not represent God or God's word of truth. To associate with them would in effect be to stamp their actions or beliefs as being ok, which would be to bring reproach on Christ's name.)

In view of the fact that the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one, and that he is misleading the entire inhabited earth, it would be wise to choose your friends carefully.

But you must know that any Jehovah's Witness would spend countless hours with you studying the Bible, if you gave them the opportunity.

NickHassan
    Participant

Here is a thread on fellowship.

Sultan
    Participant

Great thread. I also came out of denominationalism, and enjoy true fellowship with those who love truth over tradition. When Jesus opens the understanding through His Word and the Spirit, it is hard to remain in darkness. TRUE unity is only found in TRUTH.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Good to hear that Sultan.

God bless you.

:)

NickHassan
    Participant

Amen. Tell us more Sultan.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    A thread on fellowship.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi mercy,
    Here is another thread.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Fellowship begins with fellowship with God and His son.
    1Jn1
    ” 1That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;

2(For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)

3That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.”

That fellowship is in the truth of the Word of God
    2Jn
    ” 7For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

8Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.

9Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

10If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:”

That fellowship is in the life that is in the Son
    1Jn 5
    “9If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son.

10He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.

11And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.”

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Is it possible for a son of God to be alone?

Heb 13
    “5Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.”
    Deut 31
    ” 6 Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid or tremble at them, for the LORD your God is the one who goes with you He will not fail you or forsake you.”

Josh 1
    ” 5″No man will be able to stand before you all the days of your life Just as I have been with Moses, I will be with you; I will not fail you or forsake you. “

NickHassan
    Participant

topical

NickHassan
    Participant

topical

NickHassan
    Participant

topical

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account