Philippians 2.5-7

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 274 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Not3,
    Scripture defines conception for Jesus, not men.

Not3in1
    Participant

I don't think so.

God does not confuse his children on purpose.

The only difference between men begetting sons and God begetting a Son is that there wasn't any sex involved – instead – God is the source of Jesus and provided what was needed. Everything else remains the same, if in fact Jesus is a true Son. We were not given any details that things would progress differently for Jesus just because he was born of a virgin. That would be going beyond what is written or filling in the blanks ourselves.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    As you say, for you it could not be so.

Not3in1
    Participant

Well, I feel the door gently shutting on me and this topic, and perhaps it is a good idea. I sense that you and I will not come to some understanding of our preexistent beliefs and that is OK.

My basic belief system does not require that Jesus be taken out of the realm of what is expected or plainly taught (whether in scripture or by nature). I believe this was the message Jesus brought to his simple disciples and to those simple-minded children who believed on him then, and those of us who would believe on him in the future.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ June 06 2007,06:26)

Quote (olive @ June 06 2007,06:21)
    Kiss the Son.

psalms, something there, second time I heard the verse today.

It's a favorite along with “Come out of her!”
    Ha!

“Come out of her” happens to be the word of God and the last day warning.

Rev 18:4  And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
    :)

If Jesus' people don't come out of her then they will receive plagues and I'm afraid lost.

But judgment day is not here.  Thank God for His mercy and patience.  Amen!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Martian,
    Perhaps this thread is of interest?

NickHassan
    Participant

Topical

Samuel
    Participant

Philippians 2 (King James Version)

1If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies,

2Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.

3Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.

4Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.

5Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

6Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

7But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

8And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

9Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

10That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

11And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

12Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

13For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

14Do all things without murmurings and disputings:

15That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;

16Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.

17Yea, and if I be offered upon the sacrifice and service of your faith, I joy, and rejoice with you all.

18For the same cause also do ye joy, and rejoice with me.

19But I trust in the Lord Jesus to send Timotheus shortly unto you, that I also may be of good comfort, when I know your state.

20For I have no man likeminded, who will naturally care for your state.

21For all seek their own, not the things which are Jesus Christ's.

22But ye know the proof of him, that, as a son with the father, he hath served with me in the gospel.

23Him therefore I hope to send presently, so soon as I shall see how it will go with me.

24But I trust in the Lord that I also myself shall come shortly.

25Yet I supposed it necessary to send to you Epaphroditus, my brother, and companion in labour, and fellowsoldier, but your messenger, and he that ministered to my wants.

26For he longed after you all, and was full of heaviness, because that ye had heard that he had been sick.

27For indeed he was sick nigh unto death: but God had mercy on him; and not on him only, but on me also, lest I should have sorrow upon sorrow.

28I sent him therefore the more carefully, that, when ye see him again, ye may rejoice, and that I may be the less sorrowful.

29Receive him therefore in the Lord with all gladness; and hold such in reputation:

30Because for the work of Christ he was nigh unto death, not regarding his life, to supply your lack of service toward me.

Well anyone can assert anything from any scripture. I've seen John 1:1 explained more ways than there are stars in the universe it seems.

Any High-Paid Preacher can make any scripture read the way their doctrine believes. However, that still does not make it the truth, But to hear them tell it it is.

But…nonetheless here goes:

I get from this whole chapter that this scripture debunks not only the Trinity but also the Oneness belief as well. This clearly states that Jesus is a separate deity than GOD in any event.

Here is some more good scripture to go along with this one as well:

Hebrews 1 (King James Version)

1God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

2Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

3Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:

4Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

5For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

6And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.

7And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.

8But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

9Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

10And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:

11They shall perish; but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment;

12And as a vesture shalt thou fold them up, and they shall be changed: but thou art the same, and thy years shall not fail.

13But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?

14Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

Samuel Very good posts. Thank you for them.

Peace and Love Mrs.

Samuel
    Participant

I'm just basically quoting the bible…is all. Is is not me, but he that is in me. :)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Scripture is orderly. Sequence is part of order.
    Phil2
    5(I)Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus,

6who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped,

7but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men.

THEN

8Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.

Not3in1
    Participant

Yes, Nick, he was a man first – then humbled himself.

Some say he humbled himself before he became a man.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Before he was a man he emptied himself?

gollamudi
    Participant

Yes Mandy, you are right “being made in the likeness of men” is important before he humbled himself as bond-servant. You ask them when did Jesus became bond-servant before birth or after birth?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    Look at the sequence.
    He was a bondservant from the moment he agreed to come to earth.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 20 2008,14:33)
    Hi not3,
    Before he was a man he emptied himself?

Being found as a man (he had already been born), he humbled himself……

Some say that the humbling came before he became a man. In other words, in a preexistent lifeform.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    So he became a bondservant
    came from heaven
    then he humbled himself

Not3in1
    Participant

Ok…….what did he empty himself of though?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Does it say?

Not3in1
    Participant

I guess not.

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 274 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account