Philippians 2.5-7

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 274 total)
  • Author
    olive
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ Mar. 24 2007,08:26)

NH, what do you think “morphe” means?

Okay, Isaiah I give what does it mean?

Not3in1
    Participant

A manger birth certainly does not look like the birth of a Prince……..but the wise men recognized him.

Quote (Not3in1 @ June 01 2007,16:55)
    Still pondering…..

How this relates to the Trinity is an interesting thing still…..  
    If Jesus is the second person of God – how could he have changed his mind?
    How do Trinitarians interpret Matthew 26?  That God could have called on God to help him out?

not3

Think of it this way!

God created man male and female created he him!

Gen 1:
    26 And God said, *Let us make man in our image*, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
    27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

You and your husband are “One” Flesh, which Paul calls a Mystery.

If you are away and call your husband you are not calling your self, yet you are still one flesh.

You are two persons but one flesh!

We are flesh but God is Spirit, scriptures reveal three persons but one Spirit!

We dont understand how we are one flesh with our spouse.

We just take Gods word for it.

How can we expect that our finite minds can fully comprehend an infinite God?

Jesus was One with the Father and called out to the Father!

:)

Not3in1
    Participant

Thanks for this post, WJ. It comes close, I think. But what I'm wondering is that the “mystery” about being one was regarding Christ and the church…….

My husband and I are one flesh because of our vows and literally, I believe, because of the physical love God has created for us. That part is easy. But to think that we are “one” in our BEING (because there are 2 beings *flesh* and 2 spirits *who we are*), it's hard to bring that to the Matthew passage where Jesus could call on God for help. You know?

This really has got me pondering……I think there is really something to this. Thanks for your thoughts.

Is 1:18
    Participant

Quote (olive @ June 02 2007,00:39)

Quote (Is 1:18 @ Mar. 24 2007,08:26)

NH, what do you think “morphe” means?

Okay, Isaiah I give what does it mean?

Intrinsic nature.

Morphe – Perhaps from the base of G3313 (through the idea of adjustment of parts); shape; figuratively nature: – form. (Strong’s Concordance).

“always signifies a form which truly and fully expresses the being which underlies it” (James Hope Moulton and George Milligan, The Vocabulary of the Greek Testament [Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 1930], p. 417).

The greek word for “form” primarily denotes the attributes that comprise the being, the essential nature. The “form” in which the preincarnate Yeshua existed (Gr. Huparcho – continuous state of existence) as was DIVINE.  

Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ June 02 2007,04:26)

Quote (Not3in1 @ June 01 2007,16:55)
    Still pondering…..

How this relates to the Trinity is an interesting thing still…..  
    If Jesus is the second person of God – how could he have changed his mind?
    How do Trinitarians interpret Matthew 26?  That God could have called on God to help him out?

not3

Think of it this way!

God created man male and female created he him!

Gen 1:
    26 And God said, *Let us make man in our image*, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
    27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

You and your husband are “One” Flesh, which Paul calls a Mystery.

If you are away and call your husband you are not calling your self, yet you are still one flesh.

You are two persons but one flesh!

We are flesh but God is Spirit, scriptures reveal three persons but one Spirit!

We dont understand how we are one flesh with our spouse.

We just take Gods word for it.

How can we expect that our finite minds can fully comprehend an infinite God?

Jesus was One with the Father and called out to the Father!

Hi WJ:

I believe that you make reference to this scripture but you make some mistakements, and so I'll paste it below.

5:22
    Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.  
    5:23
    For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.  
    5:24
    Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.  
    5:25
    Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;  
    5:26
    That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,  
    5:27
    That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.  
    5:28
    So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.  
    5:29
    For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:  
    5:30
    For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.  
    5:31
    For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one * * flesh.  
    5:32
    This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.  
    5:33
    Nevertheless * * let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.  

My wife and I are not the same person we are two distinct individuals.  We are one “flesh” meaning that we are one body just as we are members of the body of Christ.  If my wife and I are obeying the Word of God we are “one in the spirit”.

1 Co 6:17
    But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

Participant

Hi:

Phil 2:5
    * Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:  
    2:6
    Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:  (This says who “being in the form of God” and this to  me indicates at the present time.  Not at some prior time.)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    It could
    but was the son of Man in the form of God on earth?
    No rather he was in our image so we can follow him.

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 02 2007,16:15)
    Hi 94,
    It could

No Nick:

To me this means that He was God's Only begotten Son and his Christ, and so he was in the “form of God” but this indicates present tense, and so the scripture reads:

* Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:  (that is when he was in his ministry on earth)

olive
    Participant

Is wrote:

[/quote]
    6who, although He existed (Gr. huparcho) * in the form (Gr. Morphe)** of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped (Gr. harpagamos)***,

Sorry, no disrespect Isaiah, went back to your original post.

I know this may sound silly, but I thought it to be more in lines of metamorphism…..

Like the catapillar, emerges as a butterfly, same substance, different icon.

Thanks for being kind regarding the matter.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ June 02 2007,16:26)

Hi 94,
    It could

No Nick:

To me this means that He was God's Only begotten Son and his Christ, and so he was in the “form of God” but this indicates present tense, and so the scripture reads:

* Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:  (that is when he was in his ministry on earth)

Hi 94,
    Just show me when it is written as happening on earth.
    When did he empty himself and why is this written as before it says he was found as a man?

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 02 2007,22:23)

Hi 94,
    It could

No Nick:

Hi 94,
    When did he empty himself and why is this written as before it says he was found as a man?

Hi Nick:

Was he “Christ Jesus” any where else?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    So by a process of predetermined doctrinal exclusion you teach these things?

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 03 2007,09:08)
    Hi 94,
    So by a process of predetermined doctrinal exclusion you teach these things?

Hi Nick:

I just read the scripture that is what it says. Do you agree or disagree and if you disagree, what does it say to you?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    “Have this attitude in yourself which was also in Christ Jesus, who, though he existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied himself, taking the form of a bondservant, and being made in the likeness of men” NASB

Scripture is orderly. Do you really think that the final state of Christ on earth after all that is written above it is to be “made in the likeness of men”??

Again Heb 1 shows many things about Christ BEFORE it says he was BROUGHT INTO THE WORLD.

The monogenes son was SENT INTO THE WORLD.[1Jn4]

Participant

Hi Nick: You ask a question regarding the following scripture:

Hi 94,
    “Have this attitude in yourself which was also in Christ Jesus, who, though he existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied himself, taking the form of a bondservant, and being made in the likeness of men” NASB

Scripture is orderly. Do you really think that the final state of Christ on earth after all that is written above it is to be “made in the likeness of men”??

First the scripture does not say “to be made in the likeness of men” which of course I do not believe.  The scripture says “and being made in the likeness of men” and then the scripture continues about how he humbled himself and became obedient to God even unto death on the cross and about his exaltation to the postion that he holds today.  This is to show us humility by the example that Jesus left us and not to show us that he is God or was God or pre-existed in another form.  Here, I will paste the whole scripture below.  Please read it in its entirety before replying to me.

Phil 2:1 Therefore if there is any encouragement in Christ, if there is any consolation of love, if there is any fellowship R62 of the Spirit, if any affection R63 F22 and compassion, 2 make R64 my joy complete by F23 being R65 of the same mind, maintaining the same love, united in spirit, intent on one purpose. 3 Do nothing from F24 selfishness R66 F25 or empty R67 conceit, but with humility of mind regard R68 one another as more important than yourselves; 4 do R69 not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others. 5 Have R70 this attitude in F26 yourselves which was also in Christ R71 Jesus, 6 who, although He existed R72 in the form R73 of God, did R74 not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, F27 7 but emptied R75 F28 Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant,
    R76 and being R77 made in the likeness of men. 8 Being found in appearance as a man, He R78 humbled Himself by becoming obedient R79 to the point of death, even death R80 on F29 a cross. 9 For R81 this reason also, God highly R82 exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the R83 name which is above every name, 10 so that at the name of Jesus EVERY R84 KNEE WILL BOW, of those R85 who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11 and that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, R86 to the glory of God the Father.

And then you say:

Again Heb 1 shows many things about Christ BEFORE it says he was BROUGHT INTO THE WORLD.

Please show me what the scriptures say about “Christ before he was brought into the world”.

And then you say:

The monogenes son was SENT INTO THE WORLD.[1Jn4]

Please elaborate on this showing me scripture to back up your understanding.

God Bless

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ June 03 2007,00:53)

Hi 94,
    It could

No Nick:

Hi 94,

Hi Nick:

Hi 94,
    Jesus Christ CAME IN THE FLESH.[1Jn 4. 2Jn]

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 04 2007,08:22)

Hi 94,
    It could

No Nick:

Hi 94,

Hi Nick:

Hi 94,

Hi Nick:

I agree Jesus God's Only Begotten Son and His Christ came in the flesh.

Participant

Quote (942767 @ June 04 2007,08:36)

Hi 94,
    It could

No Nick:

Hi 94,

Hi Nick:

Hi 94,

Hi Nick:

Hi Nick:

And I'll add that God's Spirit dwells within me and testifies that His Word is true.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ June 04 2007,08:36)

Hi 94,
    It could

No Nick:

Hi 94,

Hi Nick:

Hi 94,

Hi Nick:

Hi 94,
    To come in the flesh is to exist and then come.
    Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 274 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account