Philippians 2.5-7

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 274 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Sep. 30 2008,13:32)
    Hi 94

Quote (942767 @ Sep. 30 2008,13:05)
    What is funny is that they acknowledge that I am a brother in Christ, but unless I sign that I agree with their doctrines I can not be a member of their church.

Maybe you should start your own church! Then you can teach whatever you want. The Apostle Paul did this while he was a tentmaker.

Why would you just want to go against another mans work or build upon another mans work?

Just curious.

I feel the same way about people who do not want to accept the written scriptures but want to change them, they should just translate their own Bible then they can translate it to say whatever they would like.

IMO

WJ

Hi WJ,
    Paul taught whatever he wanted and started his own church?

What planet are you from?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi wJ,
    We accept the written scriptures.
    No trinity is written there. Do you?

Participant

Hi 94

What is funny is that they acknowledge that I am a brother in Christ, but unless I sign that I agree with their doctrines I can not be a member of their church.

Maybe you should start your own church! Then you can teach whatever you want. The Apostle Paul did this while he was a tentmaker.

Why would you just want to go against another mans work or build upon another mans work?

Just curious.

I feel the same way about people who do not want to accept the written scriptures but want to change them, they should just translate their own Bible then they can translate it to say whatever they would like.

IMO

WJ

Hi WJ:

I am waiting for the Lord to exalt me to the postion that he has shown me.

When he does, I'll teach what he has shown me and organized religion will listen.

I am not interested in starting another denomination. Don't we have enough of them already?

God Bless

Quote (942767 @ Oct. 01 2008,12:47)

Hi 94

Just curious.

IMO

WJ

Hi WJ:

When he does, I'll teach what he has shown me and organized religion will listen.

I am not interested in starting another denomination.  Don't we have enough of them already?

God Bless

Hi 94

I doubt that “organized religion” will listen.

It just seems odd to me that you would seek a place in a church that does not believe as you do.

If they won't make you a member then why do you think they would give you a place as a Bishop?

I am not interested in starting another denomination.  Don't we have enough of them already?

I agree. I am not talking about starting another denomination. I am talking about an ” ekklesia”, the Greek word for “Church”.

It simply means “a gathering of believers” or “assembly”.

God is not involved in man made “Denominations”, IMO.

WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    I agree with WJ that organised religion is not organised by Jesus.
    God knows those who are His.

david
    Participant

Apparently, I have commented in this thread and did know it exists. I should have remembered that.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Oct. 01 2008,04:50)
    David,

Here are 4 men I respect:  Keith, Nick, Isaiah and 94……….

Two of them agree on this passage (Keith and Isaiah).  The other two do not agree with the first two, neither do they agree with each other.  I venture to say that YOU will not agree with any of them!

Therefore, I will say it again, it is *useless* for me to give you my understanding.  I would be wasting my precious time.  And speaking of time, I need to go!

I'm only here on this board now because I do have a couple questions that remain unanswered.  I'm hoping I'll run into the answers as I listen in and ask the tougher questions.

Thanks,
    Mandy

David, you may have missed this recent post to you and so I bummped it.

I'm heading to bed now but checking in to see if you got this and to see if t8 answered my other post.

Goodnight,
    Mandy

Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Oct. 01 2008,13:33)

Hi 94

Just curious.

IMO

WJ

Hi WJ:

God Bless

Hi 94

I doubt that “organized religion” will listen.

It just seems odd to me that you would seek a place in a church that does not believe as you do.

If they won't make you a member then why do you think they would give you a place as a Bishop?

I agree. I am not talking about starting another denomination. I am talking about an ” ekklesia”, the Greek word for “Church”.

It simply means “a gathering of believers” or “assembly”.

God is not involved in man made “Denominations”, IMO.

WJ

Hi WJ:

I believe that I have written to you before and told you that I do not expect to be ordained as Bishop in the church where I currently worship.

At any rate if I am ordained as a Bishop, it will be because God exalts me to that position. I will not exalt myself.

God Bless

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    Perhaps you are already ministering in the church of God?

david
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Oct. 01 2008,18:19)

Quote (Not3in1 @ Oct. 01 2008,04:50)
    David,

Here are 4 men I respect:  Keith, Nick, Isaiah and 94……….

Two of them agree on this passage (Keith and Isaiah).  The other two do not agree with the first two, neither do they agree with each other.  I venture to say that YOU will not agree with any of them!

Therefore, I will say it again, it is *useless* for me to give you my understanding.  I would be wasting my precious time.  And speaking of time, I need to go!

I'm only here on this board now because I do have a couple questions that remain unanswered.  I'm hoping I'll run into the answers as I listen in and ask the tougher questions.

Thanks,
    Mandy

David, you may have missed this recent post to you and so I bummped it.

I'm heading to bed now but checking in to see if you got this and to see if t8 answered my other post.

Goodnight,
    Mandy

If your time is too precious as you say, or you simply feel the discussion would go nowhere I understand.
    But you have to understand, that from my perspective, when I ask a person a lot of questions and they don't answer them, even if I feel they're too busy, or think it would be a waste of time, I always have this suspicion in the back of my mind that probably they can't answer the questions, because the answers don't fit with what they believe.

(for the record, I would agree with most of what Is 1:18 says on this scripture as regards Jesus pre-existence. The one thing I would take issue with is him assuming that the present tense of “existing” should be taken to mean he existed forever. He takes that stance because of his understanding of other scriptures, not this one. And I have no idea what 94 believes, but if it's what Is 1:18 believes, I'd probably agree.

Mandy, you keep trying to make this scripture really confusing, making it seem like there's a hundred different understandings. Regarding his pre-existence, there's only two possibilities–either yes or no.

david
    Participant

Mandy, I just wanted to know what you believed and why. To me, this scripture was very clear. After a moment of insanity, and wrong thinking, and logic, it is clear again.

And with out any one saying anything to the contrary, I have no reason to believe that Phil 2:4-8 doesn't point very clearly to Jesus' pre-existence.

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 02 2008,07:40)
    Hi 94,
    Perhaps you are already ministering in the church of God?

Hi Nick:

Yes, I am ministering to people as part of the church of God, but I am not a Bishop.  I am in training for this position.  I have learned alot through this website and I thank you and t8 for allowing me to share my understanding of scripture over these past years.  

When people have asked their questions, I have gone to God in prayer seeking understanding, and by virtue of this I have learned alot.

I have also learned alot from others who have shared their understanding of scripture with me, including WJ, even though we disagree on doctrines like the trinity.

God Bless

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    Does God know this church you wish to lead?
    Do you need a title from anyone?
    You are already leading .

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (david @ Oct. 02 2008,10:49)
    Mandy, I just wanted to know what you believed and why.  To me, this scripture was very clear.  After a moment of insanity, and wrong thinking, and logic, it is clear again.

And with out any one saying anything to the contrary, I have no reason to believe that Phil 2:4-8 doesn't point very clearly to Jesus' pre-existence.

Did someone or your church help you out of your moment of insanity? Just curious……

theodorej
    Participant

Greetings 94…….This is a subject that has had my attention for a while….The (Eclisiastee) please excuse my phonetic spelling…..The called out ones…Who, exactly are they ???

david
    Participant

Did someone or your church help you out of your moment of insanity?  Just curious……

No, I just broke down what the actual argument was.  It creates contradictions.  Hence, it's wrong. I would go into it, but you're not really interested in discussing this scripture any further.

Participant

Quote (theodorej @ Oct. 02 2008,14:09)
    Greetings 94…….This is a subject that has had my attention for a while….The (Eclisiastee) please excuse my phonetic spelling…..The called out ones…Who, exactly are they ???

Hi Theodorej:

I suppose the Ekklesia are the whole body of Christ.

Col 1:18 And he is the HEAD OF THE BODY, THE CHURCH (Ekklesia): who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all [things] he might have the preeminence.

Gen 21:12 And God said unto Abraham, Let it not be grievous in thy sight because of the lad, and because of thy bondwoman; in all that Sarah hath said unto thee, hearken unto her voice; for in Isaac shall thy seed be called.

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 02 2008,12:38)
    Hi 94,
    Does God know this church you wish to lead?
    Do you need a title from anyone?
    You are already leading .

No Nick:

I am still in training for the position of leadership which God has for me.

Too often people make the mistake of exalting themselves to positions of leadership before they are ready, and that is the problem with them teaching such doctrines as “the trinity”. Just because someone goes to the seminary and gets multiple degrees, does not mean that God has ordained him for the position which a certain congregation hired him. It isn't the people that chooses a leader in the church of the living God. It is God through the Lord Jesus who does the choosing.

Mat 23:12 And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted

God will not put anyone in a position of authority in the church before he is ready to lead in that position.

I know what God has shown me, and I will wait on the Lord.

God Bless

david
    Participant

found it.

eveh
    Participant

If Jesus was indeed God, then how can “God” be found in the “form of God”?

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 274 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account