Pentecost was jesus second coming

Viewing 11 posts - 921 through 931 (of 931 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

'It doesn't mean what you say therefore I'm right'   …DOESN'T CUT IT.

Participant

Hi Ed:

I must have missed the evidence that you gave for your view.  Can you please show me this evidence again?

If Jesus said he “will come again and receive his disciples unto himself”, then that means that he will come again, and so, if Pentecost was the second coming, is this the third coming or the fourth or how many times will Jesus come again?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ June 22 2014,09:25)
    Hi Ed:

(1)I must have missed the evidence that you gave for your view.  Can you please show me this evidence again?

(2)If Jesus said he “will come again and receive his disciples unto himself”, then that means that he will come again,
    (3)and so, if Pentecost was the second coming, is this the third coming or the fourth or how many times will Jesus come again?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi Marty.

1) I will no doubt need to repeat it over and over again for you put it together correctly in your mind.

2) What verse are you referring to?
    3) Incorrect assumptions are based on misconceptions.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Participant

Hi Ed:

All you have to do is to give me scripture to justify what you are saying in order to put it correctly in my mind, and you have not done that.

Jesus said this to his disciples:

Jhn 14:2
    In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Jhn 14:3
    And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

And so, he said that he would come again to receive us to himself, so that we could be with him. If Pentecost is his second coming, oh, I know you say spiritual second coming, then how many times will he come again. He did not come to receive us unto himself at Pentecost, did he?

This corresponds with his statement about coming to receive us unto himself:

1Th 4:16
    For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

1Th 4:17
    Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ June 23 2014,08:20)
    Hi Ed:

(1) All you have to do is to give me scripture to justify what you are saying in order to put it correctly in my mind, and you have not done that.

Jesus said this to his disciples:

Jhn 14:2
    In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Jhn 14:3
    And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

(2) And so, he said that he would come again to receive us to himself, so that we could be with him.  If Pentecost is his second coming, oh, I know you say spiritual second coming, then how many times will he come again.  He did not come to receive us unto himself at Pentecost, did he?

This corresponds with his statement about coming to receive us unto himself:

1Th 4:16
    For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

1Th 4:17
    Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi Marty.

1) In process
    2) In John 14:2-3 Jesus IS referring to Pentecost.     (compare that wording with John 16:16)
         Mansion means “A Spiritual Resting Place” not a physical palace.    (compare with John 14:27)

God bless

Participant

Hi Ed:

John 16:16 is referring to his resurrection from the dead. They were sorrowful because he had been crucified, and they thought that was the end of it, because they did not understand that he would rise again.

But when he had risen, their sorrow turned to Joy because they now understood what he had stated:

Jhn 20:20
    And when he had so said, he shewed unto them his hands and his side. Then were the disciples glad, when they saw the Lord.

If you had an argument for Pentecost being a spiritual second coming it would be the following verse:

Jhn 14:17
    Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

Jhn 14:18
    I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

But clearly, he was speaking of baptizing the disciples with the Holy Ghost. He said that he would send then another comforter which is the Holy Ghost, the Spirit of God our Father.

He said that he would not leave them comfortless, and that he would come to them because in sending the Holy Ghost, the Holy Ghost would testify of him, and in that way he would come to them, but he did not actually come again himself, his Word was with them, and it was the Holy Ghost that would remind them of all that he had said to them.

Jhn 14:26
    But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

I do not believe that John 14:2-3 is speaking of Pentecost, but is referring to him making a physical return when he comes for the church.

But I am at work and I have to go, I will hopefully give more reasons why I do not believe that John 14:2-3 do not refer to Pentecost.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ June 23 2014,14:41)
    Hi Ed:

John 16:16 is referring to his resurrection from the dead.  They were sorrowful because he had been crucified, and they thought that was the end of it, because they did not understand that he would rise again.

But when he had risen, their sorrow turned to Joy because they now understood what he had stated:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi Marty:  here's the verse…

“A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while,
     and ye shall see me, because I go to the Father.”  (John 16:16)

John 16:16, you claim is about the Disciples seeing Jesus
    after his resurrectionbut before his ascension,  right?

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Ed:

If you had an argument for Pentecost being a spiritual second coming it would be the following verse:

Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

But clearly, he was speaking of baptizing the disciples with the Holy Ghost.  He said that he would send then another comforter which is the Holy Ghost, the Spirit of God our Father.

He said that he would not leave them comfortless, and that he would come to them because in sending the Holy Ghost, the Holy Ghost would testify of him, and in that way he would come to them, but he did not actually come again himself, his Word was with them, and it was the Holy Ghost that would remind them of all that he had said to them.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi Marty.

Yes that is one of many. Connect that to John 14:23, then to Rom.8:9, then begin to
    understand that Hebrews 9:28 is a direct Promiseful reference of Pentecost to every believer.

God bless

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ June 23 2014,15:57)

Hi Ed:

But clearly, he was speaking of baptizing the disciples with the Holy Ghost.  He said that he would send then another comforter which is the Holy Ghost, the Spirit of God our Father.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi Marty.

Yes that is one of many. Connect that to John 14:23, then to Rom.8:9, then begin to
    understand that Hebrews 9:28 is a direct Promiseful reference of Pentecost to every believer.

God bless

Edj.

Ed you are kicking against the pricks.
    It will not work.

Acts 9:5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

Acts 26:14 And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

wakeup.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ June 23 2014,16:21)

Hi Ed:

But clearly, he was speaking of baptizing the disciples with the Holy Ghost. He said that he would send then another comforter which is the Holy Ghost, the Spirit of God our Father.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi Marty.

God bless

Edj.

It will not work.

Acts 9:5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

Acts 26:14 And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

wakeup.

Are you suggesting you are 'a prlck' ?   :D

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ June 24 2014,04:14)

Quote (Wakeup @ June 23 2014,16:21)

Hi Ed:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi Marty.

God bless

Edj.

It will not work.

Acts 9:5   And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

Acts 26:14   And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

wakeup.

Are you suggesting you are 'a prlck' ?   :D

Edj.

My mind can not comprehend such a contradictory statement
    coming from a long standing christian.??
    Pentecost is *NOT* the second coming.

John 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that,
    ***I go away***: (GO AWAY;NOT COMING)
    ***for if I go not away***, (GO AWAY;NOT COMING).
    ***the Comforter will not come unto you***;
    ***but if I depart***, (DEPART; NOT COMING).
    ***I will send him unto you***. (I WILL SEND *HIM*).
    (NOT SEND HIMSELF;BUT HIM; THE HS.).

How can the sending of the comforter
    ***by Jesus***
    ***be the second coming Of Jesus***

WHAT SORT OF WINE HAVE YOU BEEN INDULGED WITH.

wakeup.

Viewing 11 posts - 921 through 931 (of 931 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account