Painful Emotions & Seeking God

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 84 total)
  • Author
    Wakeup
    Participant

Here you go.

Luke 10:22 All things are delivered to me of my Father: and no man knoweth who the Son is, but the Father; and who the Father is, but the Son, and he to whom the Son will reveal him.

HE; are the sealed.

John 6:27 Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: ***for him hath God the Father sealed***.

The food that endureth unto everlasting life is that bread that comes from heaven.
    And that bread is HIS written WORD. We should not ignore the Word, which is of God.
    The Word of God was made flesh, and spoke God’s Word; now written in print.

The scribes have marred the tree,and stripped the bark thereof,and made it dry.

Shalom.
    wakeup.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Brian,

“the world around us stops reflecting those issues back at us”
    That is a wise statement that most people have yet to realize is true.

Ed J
    PS. I hope you don’t mind when I only quote a portion of your sentence.
    I could also instead quote the whole sentence and then highlight the part I’m referencing.

Ed J
    Participant

But control is always out of fear.

Hi Brian,

I agree with a lot of what you say, but not this.

“Never say always and never” – Ed J

And you can quote me on it. 🙂

Lightenup
    Participant

Hi Brian,

Thank you once again for the encouragement! Furthermore, I could have done a happy dance when I saw that you wrote this: “I lean toward Jesus being part of God, meaning He’s always been in existence. That’s why I capitalize His name. ” You have NOOO idea what a breath of fresh air that was to me!! Amen!

Regarding the Son of Man comment that you made, I agree. Daniel, for instance is a book where that is mentioned from what I recall, actually Daniel 7:13. I understand Jesus as identifying Himself with the Son of Man in Daniel, to the High Priest at his trial here:

Matt 26 64…And the high priest said to Him, “I adjure You by the living God, that You tell us whether You are the Christ, the Son of God.” 64Jesus said to him, “You have said it yourself; nevertheless I tell you, hereafter you will see THE SON OF MAN SITTING AT THE RIGHT HAND OF POWER, and COMING ON THE CLOUDS OF HEAVEN.”

65Then the high priest tore his robes and said, “He has blasphemed!

So, I am interested to know if you can, as Thomas did, say to Jesus, “My Lord and My God.”

Ed J
    Participant
    Wakeup wrote:

Jesus *IS* the Word of God<

Hi Wakeup,

What has cause you to come to this conclusion?

Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org _________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    ”Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.” – JEHOVAH GOD

Proclaimer
    Participant

Is Jesus God? Does Jesus have a spirit or is he a spirit? Then the Father is his God and our God.

John 20:17
    …..`I am returning to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.

Hebrews 12:9
    Moreover, we have all had human fathers who disciplined us and we respected them for it. How much more should we submit to the Father of spirits and live!

If Jesus is God and another spirit, then we have two fathers of spirits. If he is the same spirit, then he is just another manifestation of the same God, (Oneness).

Philippians 4:20
    To our God and Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

God is the Father.

John 17:3
    Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

The only true God sent his son. He is the Father. To know God and the son of God is eternal life. If you think God is two or more persons, then how well do you know this God?

Be encouraged by these words:

2 Corinthians 1:3
    Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort,

Just believe the scriptures instead of the cleverly devised words of deceivers. A child-like faith is what we need. Not a devious crafty mind.

Wakeup
    Participant

MATTHEW 24.
    THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST.

Matthew 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations;
    and then shall the end come.
    This gospel is preached in all the world today; but I noticed that some have ignored this gospel.
    Or have watered it down, with some other gospel.
    And have created their own gospel, rejecting the original gospel, and replaced it with a new gospel
    the creation of mans wisdom. Departing from the truth, getting equally yoked with the world.
    It is this gospel of Christ that is to witness in all the world, not some other gospel,
    which is not preached in all the world.
    We need to stay with the gospel of Christ that has been preached in all the world,
    and don’t get drawn into another gospel; and another Jesus.

Without following the Word of God in print, we will get drawn to some other god, and some other Jesus.
    Which is rampant today; for we are in the last days.
    Stay firm; the Word of God is a living Word, and He alone can save us from everlasting damnation.
    The spirit in the written Word is the flesh of Christ.
    The Words that I speak to you; they are SPIRIT, and they are LIFE.

wakeup.

Wakeup
    Participant

No one can say; I worship God, and not worship His Word.
    God and His Word is one.
    God’s Word obeys the one who brought Him forth.
    The Word Himself can not come forth out of God without the will of God.
    When God decides to speak; the Word speaks.
    When God decides to stay silent; the Word is silent.

But after The Word in the flesh, was resurrected from the dead; he was given all power to act
    on his own. All things are His. All creation is his. All is to worship Him.
    The Word of God is equal in power with God, but still in subjection to God,
    For God can withdraw His Word anytime.

wakeup.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WU

Rev 22.9

Worship God.

let scripture teach

Wakeup
    Participant

Many worship God; but don’t know Him.
    Many worship Jesus, but don’t know Him.
    They only know OF God, and of Jesus.
    God will only reveal it to them whom He choose to reveal Himself.
    Because this is a great mystery, the world can not comprehend the light.
    Blessed is he whom God will reveal Himself.

But in the kingdom; all will know the Lord.
    However; not yet today; many are not ready, spiritually.
    The time will come, when knowledge shall cover the earth as the sea cover the earth.
    Today, the land is desolate, God will turn it into many rivers of water.
    The desert will bloom.

wakeup.

Ed J
    Participant

No one can say; I worship God, and not worship His Word.

Hi Wakeup,

Colter says that those who worship the Bible are
    practicing book-fetish. Are you practicing book-fetish?

http://www.holycitybiblecode.org _________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    ”Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.” – JEHOVAH GOD

Camillia
    Participant

I eliminated anger long ago. I think I was around 21 or 22.
    If you want to know how I did it, I could start a on it for you
    at HCBC Forum since you are already a member. Hey wait, we
    can talk about it on the dysfunctional emotions thread that you start.

Hi Ed. I admire that you eliminated anger from your life. Yes, it can be done 🙂

Ed J
    Participant

🙂

Camillia
    Participant

In my opinion, everything can be used for a functional, unconditionally-loving reason, or it can be used for a dysfunctional reason (which is usually a subconscious attempt to get unconditional love). This goes for all religions, all practices, everything. Having said that, there are some practices that simply cannot be used for functional, loving reasons…like Hilter killing Jews. I can empathize with Hitler, because he thought he was helping all of humanity. But that doesn’t make what he did good in any way. It was not a good practice no matter how you look at it. If we’re functional and loving, it comes out of our authentic self (spirit) and through our healthy/mature emotions, into our mind, then our physical actions. If an intention is unhealthy, it starts from our dysfunctional emotions, goes through the mind, and then out into our physical actions. It’s incredibly hard to know which we’re functioning out of until we have a good method to teach us how to read our emotions properly so we know our intent. That’s why I use The Presence Process.

Yes, so we learn through GOD how to not judge, how to be humble, how to love, and how to listen. We learn through our own mistakes, mainly, imo. It is good to hear that a book helped you see that, but God, through the Holy Spirit is our teacher, and we have no need for any others, though God may send a teacher…. so it pays to listen when that happens.

Now, we also have to understand that people in the East who seek God are often talking about the same things we’re talking about, but they use different language to convey it. That different language scares Christians, because it’s “unknown” and they’ve been told that anything outside of Christianity is evil. If we weren’t told that, we get that sense very quickly somehow. I’ll show you an example:

When we talk about the spiritual realm, we say spirit or spiritual. When someone in the East talks about the spiritual realm, they say “the vibrational.”

I hear you that those in the East speak a different language. I have followed Eastern Christianity quite a bit. However, when I hear the word “vibrational”, that to me is Kundalini/Hinduism – and I have not heard that word in Eastern Christianity.

What’s very intriguing is that our scientists’ discoveries, at the subatomic level, are confirming what the Easterners believe about reality and the “vibrational.” Very intriguing stuff. Anyway, the point is that a lot of Christians get scared when they hear these terms, so they immediately run away from whatever it is.

I run away from anything that is not of Christ too.

I can’t say for sure that the Kundalini serpent spirit is evil, but it sounds very suspect to me. Kundalini, itself, doesn’t involve the serpent spirit stuff. In fact, the Sikh religion is very good at Kundalini and they’re wonderfully loving people, more so than most Christians. I choose not to judge what they’re doing.

Yes, but it is best to stay away.

I recommend we use our intuition and ask God to show us what’s healthy and what’s not.

Yes. I remember when I was searching for the truth, I came upon a book on Gnosticism. I read a chapter or two, and when it started talking about the God of the OT being some small and bad god, I quit reading, and apologized to God. The feeling was really bad.

We’re always unaware of the true reasons we’re doing something when we’re doing it out of a dysfunctional place. That’s why Jesus said, “Forgive them Father, for they know not (are unaware of) what they’re doing.”

I feel that for the Muslims. They just need to hear the truth, and how can we give them truth if we are full of judgment. It would not work.

I hope that clarifies what I believe on that.

Yes, thanks. But what do you feel about God’s commandments, or more specifically the ten commandments.

I do my best not to judge things, as Jesus recommended. I just take a look at them and ask God for insight and intuition in regard to them.

That’s good.

Good luck with your son. God’s orchestrating whatever he’s going through right now. If it’s not healthy, God has a good purpose in that. When we go through painful things, there’s so much value in them. They humble us. Humbleness/Humility is the goal, which is why pain is so useful

Amen. (: His heart is really good. Very loving respectful boy.

It takes amazing faith to let our children do as they will and trust God is taking care of them. And it is one of the more healthy things we will ever do for ourselves and our children, oddly enough.

Yes.

Wakeup
    Participant

Edj.

John 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life:
    and they are they which testify of me.

wakeup.

Ed J
    Participant

Edj.

John 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life:
    and they are they which testify of me.

wakeup.

Hi Wakeup,

Yes most definitely “The Word” testifies of Jesus!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WU,

Worshipping God without knowing Him is a vanity.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

Many people imagine they are worshipping God when they are really worshipping the god of this world.

They worship men by following their teachings and traditions.

God KNOWS those who are His.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

It was never taught in scripture that men can be reconciled to God by attempting to worship Him.

There is only one way to the Father, the door of Jesus Christ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Matt 16
    24Then Jesus said to His disciples, “If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me. 25″For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it; but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it.…

SELF maintenance offers nothing useful to God

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 84 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account