Other sheep ?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 104 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

all
    Jn 10:16 I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd.

WHO ARE THOSE OTHER SHEEP??

Jn 10:1 “I tell you the truth, the man who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber.
    Jn 10:2 The man who enters by the gate is the shepherd of his sheep.
    Jn 10:3 The watchman opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.
    Jn 10:4 When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice.
    Jn 10:7 Therefore Jesus said again, “I tell you the truth, I am the gate for the sheep.
    Jn 10:8 All who ever came before me were thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not listen to them.
    Jn 10:11 “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.
    Jn 10:12 The hired hand is not the shepherd who owns the sheep. So when he sees the wolf coming, he abandons the sheep and runs away. Then the wolf attacks the flock and scatters it.
    Jn 10:13 The man runs away because he is a hired hand and cares nothing for the sheep.
    Jn 10:14 “I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me—
    Jn 10:15 just as the Father knows me and I know the Father—and I lay down my life for the sheep.
    Jn 10:16 I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd.

Mt 25:32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats.
    Mt 25:33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

terraricca
    Participant

ALL

i always wander who they were ,any idea??

Pierre

Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Nov. 12 2010,13:43)
    ALL

Pierre

Hi Pierre:

Jesus ministry while he was on earth was primarily to the nation of Israel. The “other sheep” to which he refers are the sheep from all of the gentile nations.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Nov. 12 2010,21:49)

ALL

Pierre

Hi Pierre:

Jesus ministry while he was on earth was primarily to the nation of Israel. The “other sheep” to which he refers are the sheep from all of the gentile nations.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

do you think that what ever Jesus preach even that it is only to the Jews would apply to the gentiles ??

Pierre

Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Nov. 12 2010,15:22)

Quote (942767 @ Nov. 12 2010,21:49)

ALL

Pierre

Hi Pierre:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

do you think that what ever Jesus preach even that it is only to the Jews would apply to the gentiles ??

Pierre

Hi Pierre:

Yes, as I said his ministry on earth was primarily to the Jews, but he was teaching his disciples, and when he ascended into heaven he commanded them to go “into all the world” and make disciples of all nations.

Love in Chist,
    Marty

kerwin
    Participant

To all,

It depends on the scripture you are speaking of and what the pen represents.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Nov. 13 2010,16:52)
    To all,

It depends on the scripture you are speaking of and what the pen represents.

kerwin

we do not want opinions,it would be nice if you could add your comment and a scripture to relate your scripture,

think your comment does not mean nothing the way it sit there is it not??

Pierre

Baker
    Participant

Marty! You are so right, it was Paul mainly that was commissioned to go to the Gentiles and teach them. Unfortunately, after a brutal and bloody three centuries Ouintus Seprimus Florence Tertullian came up with the trinity and Constantine made it a law….And most Churches do teach that today…. Irene

terraricca
    Participant

all

are all who are called part of the heavenly call???

Pierre

kerwin
    Participant

To all,

John 10:1 is obviously speaking of the new heaven and new earth and the sheep are the believers. Their is only one way to enter and that is through the true doctrine of Christ. Anyone attempting to enter any other way is up to no good.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Nov. 14 2010,00:20)
    To all,

John 10:1 is obviously speaking of the new heaven and new earth and the sheep are the believers.  Their is only one way to enter and that is through the true doctrine of Christ.  Anyone attempting to enter any other way is up to no good.

kerwin

so what you understand by that scriptures is that they are true believers in heaven and also on earth??

Pierre

kerwin
    Participant

Pierre,

The teaching beginning in John 10:1 is calling the coming kingdom of heaven the sheep pen and only the lost sheep are outside of it. The teaching beginning in 10:14 is speaking of The Samaritan/Jews as being inside while the Gentiles are outside and thus the other sheep.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Nov. 14 2010,19:16)
    Pierre,

The teaching beginning in John 10:1 is calling the coming kingdom of heaven the sheep pen and only the lost sheep are outside of it.  The teaching beginning in 10:14 is speaking of The Samaritan/Jews as being inside while the Gentiles are outside and thus the other sheep.

kerwin

i try to understand what you are saying,

Jn 10:3 The watchman opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.

Jn 10:14 “I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me—
    Jn 10:15 just as the Father knows me and I know the Father—and I lay down my life for the sheep.

those sheep first group =144000,
    second group no number “called the great crowed” in revelation.
    but both are one.

pierre

kerwin
    Participant

Pierre,

The sheep are Jesus' flock in both cases though the details change. The sheep pen is different in both passages as needed for the particular teaching.

Baker
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Nov. 14 2010,12:16)
    Pierre,

The teaching beginning in John 10:1 is calling the coming kingdom of heaven the sheep pen and only the lost sheep are outside of it.  The teaching beginning in 10:14 is speaking of The Samaritan/Jews as being inside while the Gentiles are outside and thus the other sheep.

Kerwin, I have no idea how you interpret that Scripture. We are under Christs Blood and I don't believe that we are standing outside.
    The multitude who have washed their robes in the blood of the Lamb are standing before the Throne, and worship God day and night. While the elect will be with Christ on His Throne

Rev 7:9 ¶ After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

Rev 7:10 And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.

Rev 7:11 And all the angels stood round about the throne, and [about] the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God,

Rev 7:12 Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, [be] unto our God for ever and ever. Amen.

Rev 7:13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?

Rev 7:14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

Rev 7:15 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them

I really want to believe that that is talking all that believe in the New Covenant

Luk 22:20 Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup [is] the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.

And by grace we are saved through faith in Christ Jesus our Lord

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God:

Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Peace Irene

kerwin
    Participant

Irene,

The teaching starting in John 10:1 is talking about the sheep in the pen being those that have heard and listened to the true gospel of Christ.  The lost sheep have not yet entered.  Though the future kingdom has not yet come those that obey the gospel are assured to be in it and thus are said to be.

I may be wrong about what the sheep pen is.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Nov. 14 2010,19:49)
    Pierre,

The sheep are Jesus' flock in both cases though the details change.  The sheep pen is different in both passages as needed for the particular teaching.

kerwin

the only difference i can see is that all 144000 are martyrs some how.

the others are not but could be.

Pierre

Baker
    Participant

To all

Tell me, is there a contradiction in these scriptures?

Jhn 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

By, “the world”, is meant “ALL” people; so why then did Jesus say this?

Mat 10:5 ¶ These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:

Mat 10:6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Georg

Baker
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Nov. 14 2010,13:30)
    Irene,

The teaching starting in John 10:1 is talking about the sheep in the pen being those that have heard and listened to the true gospel of Christ.  The lost sheep have not yet entered.  Though the future kingdom has not yet come those that obey the gospel are assured to be in it and thus are said to be.

I may be wrong about what the sheep pen is.

kerwin

The sheep Jesus was referring to were the Jews (Israelite's), Gods chosen people.

Deu 7:6 ¶ For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

The Gentiles, all none Jews, are the other sheep Jesus would call too, after the 70 weeks were up, Dan. 9:24.

Georg

Baker
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Nov. 14 2010,03:59)

Quote (kerwin @ Nov. 14 2010,00:20)
    To all,

John 10:1 is obviously speaking of the new heaven and new earth and the sheep are the believers.  Their is only one way to enter and that is through the true doctrine of Christ.  Anyone attempting to enter any other way is up to no good.

kerwin

so what you understand by that scriptures is that they are true believers in heaven and also on earth??

Pierre

Pierre

Consider what Jesus said.

Jhn 3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, [even] the Son of man which is in heaven.

Notice, “NO MAN”; and read this.

Jhn 8:21 ¶ Then said Jesus again unto them, I go my way, and ye shall seek me, and shall die in your sins: whither I go, ye cannot come.

No man has ascended to heaven, and no man will go to heaven, because,

Rev 5:10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

For how long?

Rev 20:4 ¶ And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Georg

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 104 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account