Oneness

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 139 total)
  • Author
    Samuel
    Participant

Ok…I will try this. I haven't actually received a vision or a dream since before I recommitted my walk with GOD. I was out of church a long time about 14 years. Well I say out of church…but what I had actually done is Backslid…being is that how just going to church does not mean that one is or is not living for GOD. One can be going to church regularly and still not be living for GOD. And one can also not be going to a church and be living for GOD. There are other ways to not forsake to assemble together than by going to church. In my opinion if you are on here assembled with all these people on this forum board that is a form of assembling together.

But before I recommitted my walk…I had a dream it seemed about every time I went to sleep about GOD trying to get me to turn back away from my ways and turn back to him.

Now Satan tries to give me dreams in my sleep where I've fornicated with some woman…or something.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Good advice 942767.

:)

Proclaimer
    Participant

Hi Samuel.

One of the biggest problems with Oneness denominations is the same problem with most denominations, and that is that they are a division unto themselves.

Jesus said in John 17:21
    that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.

But denominations seek to be divided and proof of this is that they have their own unique creeds and many of them consider themselves to be the exclusive Church or the most enlightened.

According to the above scripture, the world will believe that Jesus was sent by God when we are in unity, but all denominations do is the opposite.

The world sees division (they are not blind to this) and when people in the world desire to come to the truth, they reason that they have to first choose the right church which seems an almost impossible task given that there are tens of thousands of denominations out there claiming to have the truth. I know that this one fact convinced me that Christians could not be right and I remained an atheist for about 20 years.

As Christians, we should understand the true foundation and then be in unity with all who are on that solid foundation. All the titles and denominations out there shouldn't matter to us, as they are exterior labels only. What should matter is that we should recognise others who have the Spirit and treat them as brothers and sisters.

A carnal person judges by the outward appearance, but we should know better. We shouldn't be about asking “are you a follower of Paul, Peter, Jesus? Which today is the same as “what church do you go to?” Do you not know that we are the Church and that denominations are usually built around a man of whom many have followed?

Acts 20:29
    29 I know that after I leave, savage wolves will come in among you and will not spare the flock.
    30 Even from your own number men will arise and distort the truth in order to draw away disciples after them.
    31 So be on your guard! Remember that for three years I never stopped warning each of you night and day with tears.

1 Corinthians 1 :10
    10 Christian brothers, I ask you with all my heart in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ to agree among yourselves. Do not be divided into little groups. Think and act as if you all had the same mind.
    11 My Christian brothers, I have heard from some of Chloe's family that you are arguing among yourselves.
    12 I hear that some of you are saying, “I am a follower of Paul,” and “I am a follower of Apollos,” and “I am a follower of Peter,” and “I am a follower of Christ.”
    13 Has Christ been divided? Was Paul put on a cross to die for your sins? Were you baptized in the name of Paul?

All this division and carnality will fall away when we receive new wine from God. New wine bursts the old wine skins and so as believers we should receive what God has for us, and the denominational system that tries to contain us will not be able to hold us.

It was correctly written that the truth sets us free.

Samuel
    Participant

I was reading the book of 1 Corinthians today actually.

I was reading that same scripture. I see that we agree on a lot of things T8.

It really takes a lot to talk to someone that does not believe the same way that you do. Because your trying to explain to them what you believe…and they are trying to explain to you what they believe…and neither one of you believe what each other are saying most of the time.

I can deal with most religions…and their beliefs…they are mainly small discrepancies…But when someone tries to tell me that the messiah has not come or does not exist…I can not believe that…I'm very sorry. But in my belief that is the spirit of Anti-Christ…that don't mean that you are THE Anti-Christ…but that you have the spirit of the Anti-Christ.

IM4Truth
    Participant

Samueal I thought I would put these scriptures up for you.                                                        

2 John 1:7 For many deceivers have gone out into the world, those who do not confess the coming of Jesus Christ in the flesh. Such a one is the deceiver and the Antichrist.
    2Jo 1:8  Watch yourselves, so that you may not lose what we have worked for, but may win a full reward.
    2Jo 1:9  Everyone who goes on ahead and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God. Whoever abides in the teaching has both the Father and the Son.
    2Jo 1:10  If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house or give him any greeting,
    2Jo 1:11  for whoever greets him takes part in his wicked works.

————–
    I hope they make you see what we ought to do as Christians. Not my thought, John's.

Peace and Love Mrs.

Samuel
    Participant

Well…for one I think it important to state the Christ is not Jesus' last name…like so many English speaking people would have you believe.

Christ = “anointed”

1. Christ was the Messiah, the Son of God
    2. anointed

The word Christ simply means Messiah, or anointed one. This word comes from:

Krist or Christos Drop the O and the S and you have the English word Christ.

Christ is a Title that Jesus or Yeshua if you will had.

Thus, to be a Christian means that you are a follower of this Messiah or Anointed Ones Teachings.

So I guess we really need to be baptized in Yeshua's name in order to be truly baptized in the one GODs name these oneness people would have you believe that you must to to go to heaven.

Would it not have been much easier for GOD to just come and say “Hey I'm GOD my name is Yeshua and I'm gonna straighten you all out!”

What is wrong with that statement?

So under the Oneness belief they would have you believe that GOD himself is the Messiah…or Christ if you will.

How can you send your self from your self? Or say don't worship myself …but worship myself? What nonsense is this?

These people are making the GOD I believe in out to be something totally different.

Lets just say for a moment that GOD himself did take on flesh…
    He was here on this earth himself in a fleshly body. (I want to point out that I mean GOD here. I already believe that Jesus came in the FLESH…the question at hand here is this same Jesus the Almighty GOD…the Father?)

If GOD cannot sin, nor can he fellowship with sin…how then was he able to come in the flesh and fellowship with sin? and bare all sin, and die thus paying the price for all sin?

I don't know It could be possible I suppose …after all with GOD all things are indeed possible…as it is written. But the way they explain it don't make any sense.

If Jesus Christ/Yeshua Messiah our Lord and Saviour is indeed GOD the Father …then why is he not in the “Loop” on what GOD the Father knows…which is when he will come back to get his church?

Mark 13:32
    But of that day and [that] hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

We all know that GOD knows all things? Why then does he not know this?

There are still a lot of misconceptions and false teachings that came mainly from the catholic church floating around …only in devised adaptations. Satan is indeed very good at his job…

LYING!

Participant

Quote (Samuel @ Nov. 23 2007,08:44)
    Well…for one I think it important to state the Christ is not Jesus' last name…like so many English speaking people would have you believe.  

Christ = “anointed”

1. Christ was the Messiah, the Son of God
      2. anointed

The word Christ simply means Messiah, or anointed one.  This word comes from:

Krist or  Christos   Drop the O and the S and you have the English word Christ.

Christ is a Title that Jesus or Yeshua if you will had.

Thus, to be a Christian means that you are a follower of this Messiah or Anointed Ones Teachings.

So I guess we really need to be baptized in Yeshua's name in order to be truly baptized in the one GODs name these oneness people would have you believe that you must to to go to heaven.

Would it not have been much easier for GOD to just come and say “Hey I'm GOD my name is Yeshua and I'm gonna straighten you all out!”

What is wrong with that statement?

So under the Oneness belief they would have you believe that GOD himself is the Messiah…or Christ if you will.

How can you send your self from your self?  Or say don't worship myself …but worship myself?  What nonsense is this?

These people are making the GOD I believe in out to be something totally different.

Lets just say for a moment that GOD himself did take on flesh…
    He was here on this earth himself in a fleshly body. (I want to point out that I mean GOD here.  I already believe that Jesus came in the FLESH…the question at hand here is this same Jesus the Almighty GOD…the Father?)  

If GOD cannot sin, nor can he fellowship with sin…how then was he able to come in the flesh and fellowship with sin?  and bare all sin, and die thus paying the price for all sin?

I don't know It could be possible I suppose …after all with GOD all things are indeed possible…as it is written.  But the way they explain it don't make any sense.

If Jesus Christ/Yeshua Messiah our Lord and Saviour is indeed GOD the Father …then why is he not in the “Loop” on what GOD the Father knows…which is when he will come back to get his church?

Mark 13:32    
    But of that day and [that] hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

We all know that GOD knows all things?  Why then does he not know this?

There are still a lot of misconceptions and false teachings that came mainly from the catholic church floating around …only in devised adaptations.  Satan is indeed very good at his job…

LYING!

Hi Bro. Samuel:

You are certainly correct in all that you say in this post.  Perhaps, you can let the Pastor of the church where you worship your concerns in the form of a letter telling him that you enjoy the fellowship, but that you have a different understanding on those scriptures or doctrines in which you differ.

You know that “sheep” do not correct “Pastors”, and so, if you do this do it in such a way that he doesn't get the impression that you are trying to correct him, but only that you have a different understanding than what is being taught or practiced.  Let the scriptures do the correcting.

2 Ti 3:16
    All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

God Bless

Oneness and Trinitarian are both WRONG. Both of these beliefs deny the true SONHIP  of our Lord(1LORD) to His Father and our Father(1GOD) Yahweh.

Ultimately speaking, “there is no other God except One” (1 Cor.8:4). “The Head of Christ IS YAWEH” (1 Cor. 11:3). The God and Father of the believer is also “the God of our Lord Jesus Christ” (Eph.1:17). I believe, then, that the Supreme God is the One Whom the apostle Paul terms “the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ” (Eph.1:3), Whom Christ Himself terms “the ONLY TRUE God” (John 17:3).

“Have we not all ONE Father? Has not ONE God created us?  Why do we deal treacherously with one another By profaning the covenant of the fathers?” (Malachi 2:10).

“Do not labor for the food which perishes, but for the food which endures to everlasting life, which the Son of Man will give you, because God the Father has set His seal on Him.” (John 6:27).

“To Titus, a true son in our common faith: Grace, mercy, and peace from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ our Savior.” (Titus 1:4).

“For He received from God the Father honor and glory when such a voice came to Him from the Excellent Glory: 'This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.'” (2 Peter 1:17).

“And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the ONLY TRUE God, AND Jesus Christ WHOM YOU HAVE SENT.” (John 17:3).

The vineyard owner, the Father of the “beloved” Son, is the LORD of hosts:

“Who has established all the ends of the earth?  What is His Name,
    AND  what is HIS Son's Name, if you know it?” Proverbs 30:4.

“Now let me sing to my Well-beloved a song of my Beloved regarding His vineyard: My Well-beloved has a vineyard on a very fruitful hill. He dug it up and cleared out its stones, and planted it with the choicest vine. He built a tower in its midst, and also made a winepress in it; so He expected it to bring forth good grapes, but it brought forth wild grapes…For the vineyard of the LORD of hosts is the house of Israel, and the men of Judah are His pleasant plant. He looked for justice, but behold, oppression; for righteousness, but behold, a cry for help.” (Isaiah 5:1-7).

My Father's House
    Jesus called the temple at Jerusalem “my Father's house”:

“And He said to those who sold doves, 'Take these things away! Do not make My Father’s house a house of merchandise!'” (John 2:16).

Jesus was appointed high priest by Him who said to Him “You are My Son”: “So also Christ did not glorify Himself to become High Priest, but it was He who said to Him: 'You are My Son, Today I have begotten You.' As He also says in another place: 'You are a priest forever According to the order of Melchizedek'…” (Hebrews 5:5-6).

He who said “You are My Son” is the LORD God: “I will declare the decree: The LORD has said to Me, 'You are My Son, Today I have begotten You.'” (Psalm 2:7).

Father of the Messiah
    In Old Testament passages like these, the LORD owns the Messiah as His Son:

“I will be his Father, and he shall be My son. If he commits iniquity, I will chasten him with the rod of men and with the blows of the sons of men.” (2 Samuel 7:14)

1 Chronicles 22:10
    Psalm 89:26-27
    Psalm 2:7-12

He whom Jesus called “My Father” is the living God, the God of Israel.

Even before Christ's first advent, Jews prayed to 'Our Father':

“Lord, Father, and Ruler of my life, do not abandon me to the tongue's control or allow me to fall on its account.” Ecclesiasticus 23:1
    Ecclesiasticus 51:10

Israel is a type of the Messiah, with Old Testament verses like these applied, in the New Testament, to Jesus Christ:

“When Israel was a child, I loved him, And out of Egypt I called My son.” (Hosea 11:1, Matthew 2:15).
    “But when He again brings the firstborn into the world, He says: 'Let all the angels of God worship Him.'” (Hebrews 1:6).
    This last is a quote of the Septuagint text for Deuteronomy 32:43:

“Rejoice, ye heavens, with him, and let all the angels of God worship him; rejoice ye Gentiles, with his people, and let all the sons of God strengthen themselves in him; for he will avenge the blood of his sons, and he will render vengeance, and recompense justice to his enemies, and will reward them that hate him; and the Lord shall purge the land of his people.”

One God and One Lord
    “For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as there are many gods and many lords), yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live.” (1 Corinthians 8:5-6).

One God and One Lord
    “For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as there are many gods and many lords), yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live.” (1 Corinthians 8:5-6).

Scriptures are clear The Father is Yaweh, his Son's name is Yahshua. In order to have eternal life You must accept both the SON and the Father.

And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; [and] he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God. (1 John 5:10-13)

May the FATHER(Yahweh) give you a powerful desire for the truth and set you completely free from the lies of Satan. May He save you and give you eternal life which was purchased with the blood of His Son.

Anonymous

bro. samuel

i currently attend a place of fellowship with “oneness” believers me also knowing that God is One not three seperate persons. But i perceive u have had a bad experience some where and trust me u are not the 1st. I seen some things that i my not agree with in many places so i pray about them and the Lord shows me from his Word the truth. Pray for those that may make mistakes that does not line up with the Word of God.

Next thing i want to say is about no T.V and women wearing dresses instead of pants is 1st tv can truely take your time away from Jesus, from studying his word or praying. It is also considered an graven image, an idol if you will because it is full of distraction. Not sayin that if have 1 you are going to hell or anything but the time anyone spends(30 min. or more) is 30 min. of study or prayer gone. Concerning women and men of God and the way they should dress is wisdom. Say for instance if anyone really LOVES the things of God they do not want to see a women or a man in a pair of tight pants showing every crease created! Deut. 22:5(read before u finish reading) explains it. If a man put a dress it is clearly wrong, right? Back in the 60's and before a woman would not want to be caught in a pair of jeans or breeches it was almost an abomination in the eyes of men nevertheless GOD. But to make this short the is wisdom behind all of this to keep u pure and unspotted from the world.

Oh and i definitely agree about woman pastors! It shall not be!

Hope i helped a little in Jesus name. Ispeak with pure love!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi and welcome rl,
    God is one
    and has a son whom He filled with His Spirit making them one
    We too can be one with God
    but are not God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Samuel,
    Oneness denies that Jesus is the Son of God.
    It contradicts the statement of Jesus.
    He did not ever say he was God
    He did say he is God's son.

John 10:36
    what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, 'I am God's Son'?

You need to have faith in the Son of God

John 11:27
    “Yes, Lord,” she told him, “I believe that you are the Christ, the Son of God, who was to come into the world.”
    John 20:31
    But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name
    Romans 1:4
    and who through the Spirit of holiness was declared with power to be the Son of God by his resurrection from the dead: Jesus Christ our Lord.
    1 Corinthians 1:9
    God, who has called you into fellowship with his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, is faithful.
    2 Corinthians 1:19
    For the Son of God, Jesus Christ, who was preached among you by me and Silas and Timothy, was not “Yes” and “No,” but in him it has always been “Yes.”
    Galatians 2:20
    I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Samuel
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 13 2008,14:06)
    Hi Samuel,
    Oneness denies that Jesus is the Son of God.
    It contradicts the statement of Jesus.
    He did not ever say he was God
    He did say he is God's son.

John 10:36
    what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, 'I am God's Son'?

You need to have faith in the Son of God

John 11:27
    “Yes, Lord,” she told him, “I believe that you are the Christ, the Son of God, who was to come into the world.”
    John 20:31
    But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name
    Romans 1:4
    and who through the Spirit of holiness was declared with power to be the Son of God by his resurrection from the dead: Jesus Christ our Lord.
    1 Corinthians 1:9
    God, who has called you into fellowship with his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, is faithful.
    2 Corinthians 1:19
    For the Son of God, Jesus Christ, who was preached among you by me and Silas and Timothy, was not “Yes” and “No,” but in him it has always been “Yes.”
    Galatians 2:20
    I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Did I accuse you of blasphemy?

If I did then I am extremely sorry please forgive me.

That was not my intention.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Samuel,
    Christ was accused of blasphemy for saying he is the Son of God.
    Do you stand beside him?

Samuel
    Participant

Ok, I give up?

What are you fishing for out of me?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Samuel,
    Peter said Christ was the Son of the living God.
    Jesus told the Jews the Father was one one they called God.
    Do you believe the Father is our God and Jesus Christ is the Son of Our God?

Samuel
    Participant

That would be how the Bible reads, at least to my understanding.

There are some instances where it says that god was made manifest in the flesh. Or, JEHOVAH being described as GOD in the flesh with us.

There are scriptures in the bible that could be used to assume that GOD and Jesus are one in the same.

There are scriptures that could be used to assume that GOD and Jesus are not one in the same.

I believe that weather they are, or not one in the same they function with the same set of laws.

The Bible also tells us that no man shall get to GOD but through Jesus Christ.

So…Weather Jesus was Actually GOD or not …you must still believe that Jesus Christ is the only name by which you are going to be saved.

I'm not backing either belief here. Unless GOD tells my too, I probably won't. But if he tells me to…I probably will.

I'm currently truly seeking GOD to show me this if its that important of a thing so that I might not lead any souls astray.

Even so…
    I'm not going to debate the word of GOD. In a sense of “well this could be or that could be” If I don't understand something 100% I simply wish not to discuss it for fear that I might tell someone the wrong thing.

I'm not perfect by no means. But Jesus is and he is my Haven.
    GOD bless.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Samuel,
    You will have to make up your mind about these things as confusion is not God's plan.
    Is he the Son of God is a pretty simple question.

Samuel
    Participant

Yes it is in fact a pretty simple question.
    And the obvious answer the bible gives all of us is YES Jesus Christ is the Son of the Living GOD.

Now, it would seem to me that you are fishing for way more than that from me.
    Most people that ask simple direct questions in such a manner, usually have a belief they firmly believe in and/or have an ulterior motive for pointing it out at the earliest most opportune time. So that they might justify how you believe the same thing that they do. Its a simple and quite common tactic for trying to “convert” you to their belief. And, its quite ineffective with me.

Fact is ….most every doctrine out there has some flaws in it and quite frankly No…i'm not selling into a whole list of false teachings from any number of 12 or so different religions out there. I'm going to read my bible and pray, and thats the way is going to be. Thats the only way it can be.

If you want to know how to lay brick are you going to go ask the gardener? no.

If you want to know what the bibles teachings mean…are you going to go ask a man?
    I'm not…I'm going to ask GOD. Man has a huge track record for trying to deceive me.

I'm sure you can understand.

david
    Participant

I'm going to read my bible and pray, and thats the way is going to be.

Hi Samuel. Out of curiosity, how do you personally feel about this command: Matthew 28:19,20?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Samuel,
    Oneness teaches that Jesus is God

If so he cannot also be
    the Son of that God.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 139 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account