One and the same

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 114 total)
  • Author
    SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Who Do Men Say that I Am?

Paul replied to a man who argued that God and Jesus Christ cannot be the Same:

Without the Spirit of God it is impossible to comprehend the things of God.“For what man knows the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? Even so the things of God knows no man, but the Spirit of God” (I Corinthians 2:11).

Richard, how can we explain these things to you whom does not have the Spirit? We certainly cannot convince you, nor do we wish to try. On the other hand, we are sent to speak the truth to all.

The first and foremost truth to be proclaimed is this: Jesus Christ is both Lord and God, reigning over all. Repentance and remission of sins is preached in His Name. He is the express image of the invisible God, the body God gave to Himself to do what only He could do. By Him were all things created, and by Him do they consist. He owns it all, paid for in His own blood. This is true, and will never change. There is no other Name given to men whereby they must be saved.

There are not two or three Gods, or separate parts of God that have independent thought and action. This is not what the Bible teaches, and not what God has revealed in us. The Bible testifies that the Lord is One, that there is no Saviour besides Him, that His own arm brought salvation to Him, and that He will not give His glory to another. There is no other God besides Him.

I wish to point to one book in particular at this time, the Revelation of Jesus Christ.

The book speaks, from the beginning, of the Lord Jesus Christ, saying of Him that He is the First and the Last, the Alpha and Omega, which is, was, and is to come, the Almighty. It is clear this is Jesus, for He says He died, and “behold, I am alive for evermore.” He also says He has the keys to hell and death. Now, Who other than God can say that? “He that is our God is the God of salvation, and unto God the LORD belong the issues from death” (Psalms 68:20).

So, Who is the Almighty being testified of here, the Father or the Son?

In the second chapter, Jesus says that He searches the reins and the hearts. David also said this of the LORD (Capitalized LORD is the substitution for YHWH, the Name of God Almighty), “…. for the LORD searches all hearts, and understands all the imaginations of the thoughts…” (I Chronicles 28:9).

Who is doing this now? Is it the Son or the Father?
    In the third chapter Jesus says that He has the seven Spirits of God.

In chapter 4 there is One seated on the throne of God, Who has the seven Spirits of God before Him. This is the same One of Whom it is said, “Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.” This is also the same One Who created all things, “for Your pleasure they are and were created.”
    Of Whom is it speaking here, the Father or the Son?

At all times when Jesus is speaking to the churches, He says, “He that has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.”

So, Who is speaking, Jesus, or the Holy Spirit?

In chapter 5 every creature in heaven, and earth, blesses God. “Blessing and honor and glory and power be unto Him that sits on the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.”

Who is it they are worshipping that sits on the throne, is it God or the Lamb (Jesus Christ)?

Why isn't it said that “They” are sitting on the throne instead of “Him”?

“And the four beasts said, Amen. And the four and twenty elders fell down and worshipped Him that lives for ever and ever.”

In chapter 6 men were hiding themselves from the Lamb. They said to the mountains and rocks, “Fall on us, and hide us from the face of Him that sits on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb; for the great day of His wrath is come, and who shall be able to stand?”

Again, Who is sitting on the throne, and of Whom are they afraid, the Lamb, or God?

In chapter 7 the great multitude stands before the throne and the Lamb and cries with a loud voice, “Salvation be to our God which sits upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.” At this the elders fall before the throne and worship God.

Who are they worshipping, God, or the Lamb?

At the end of Revelation it is said: “He which testifies these things says, 'Surely I come quickly.' Amen. Even so, come Lord Jesus. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.”

Now, Paul also speaks of the grace of God that brings salvation, which has appeared to all men (Titus 2:11).

Whose grace is it, God's or Jesus Christ's?

“Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Savior Jesus Christ, Who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify to Himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works” (Titus 2:13-14).

Who gave Himself for us, God or Jesus Christ?

They are One and the Same. “He that has seen Me, has seen the Father” (John 14:9).

Paul Cohen

http://www.thepathoftruth.com/issuesoflife/whodomensaythatiam.htm

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

what say you?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ Aug. 10 2011,07:48)

Without the Spirit of God it is impossible to comprehend the things of God.“For what man knows the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? Even so the things of God knows no man, but the Spirit of God” (I Corinthians 2:11).

Hi Dennison,

Where does it say, in particular, that (Shaool) the Apostle Paul was addressing this (emboldened) question YOU infer,
    to specifically connect it to 1Cor.2:11, as the Apostle Paul's answer to such an inquiry? <– Please address this first.

God bless
    Ed J
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Dennison,

Get this Paul Cohen guy back here!
    If you are going to quote him, let him answer our questions himself!
    Last time he was here, he “RAN” from our questioning; both myself and Bodhitharta's! (Link)

Witnessing to the world in behalf of YHVH! (Psalm 45:17)
    יהוה האלהים=117  (JEHOVAH GOD) YÄ-hä-vā  hä ĔL-ō-Hêêm!
    Ed J (AKJV Isaiah 49:16 / Isaiah 60:14 / Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org   …(Eccl.9:12-16)

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Hi Ed,
    I will say again, as I have many times this year that at times you dont make any sense and/or make remarks that deviate from the topic.
    With that said, Ill answer your question though you ignore to comment on the topic.
    Im going to be honest and say i do not understand what you are asking. i believe your asking where does the apostle paul use 1cor to prove that God and Jesus are the same?
    if thats what your asking than let me clarify its “Paul Cohen” who is using 1cor as a reference to say that you can only understand God by the spirit of God. Thats the point he was making, and I believe the context if the letter implys that.
    if that doesnt answer your question than your just lookin for something in between the lines that is nonexistant.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ Aug. 10 2011,08:51)
    Hi Ed,
    I will say again, as I have many times this year that at times you dont make any sense and/or make remarks that deviate from the topic.
    With that said, Ill answer your question though you ignore to comment on the topic.  
    Im going to be honest and say i do not understand what you are asking.  i believe your asking where does the apostle paul use 1cor to prove that God and Jesus are the same?
    if thats what your asking than let me clarify its “Paul Cohen” who is using 1cor as a reference to say that you can only understand God by the spirit of God. Thats the point he was making, and I believe the context if the letter implys that.
    if that doesnt answer your question than your just lookin for something in between the lines that is nonexistant.

Hi Dennison,

You start out 'YOUR' post with…

…with reference to 1Cor.2:11 as Paul's answer to such an inquiry,
           Yet you show no connection of 1Cor.2:11 to any such question?

This is in the body of your topic, and it is something you should have to address! So please do so?

God bless  
    Ed J

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Ed,

Ill answer your question though you ignore to comment on the topic.  

Hi Dennison,

Which comment was yours that you want me to address?

God bless  
    Ed J

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 10 2011,02:49)
    Hi Dennison,

Last time he was here, he “RAN” from our questioning; both myself and Bodhitharta's! (Link)

Ed J,

let me be honest once again (or blunt)
    I don't blame Paul nor Vicor for ignoring you or Bod.
    The reason why is both You and Bod are here to display and advertise your religious dogma and have no intrest in truth or change.  You like Bod have set your ways and your hearts in the deceits of your vanagloria.  You guys are here because ya are  desperate to teach and be heard and accepted by man.  however one should be humbled to be taught, to listen, and be made acceptable by Christ.
    Yes if they do come you will ask alot of stupid questions that are probably already answered in thier website that details all the answers you seek.  isnt it better to study than ask questions?

All thier websites are filled with people asking questions, and they take thier time to answer each person accordingly and responsibly not for entertainment but because its for the sake of the peoples souls and Gods will.

you should take this more seriously.

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 10 2011,03:07)
    Hi Dennison,

This is in the body of your topic, and it is something you should have to address! So please do so?

God bless  
    Ed J

Ed j,
    i knew it…. this is why u are a waste of time and its shows that you lack common sense.
    The first line was just clarifying the situation thar Paul cohen was replying to a letter sent from richard concerning the topic that Jesus and God are seperate.
    are you that slow?

and the whole letter is a response or answers Richards letter, not just that one line referencing 1Co (which PaulC was clarifying that one can only understand God by the spirit of God)
    at times your incompentance shocks me

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 10 2011,03:10)

Hi Ed,

Hi Dennison,

God bless  
    Ed J

The whole Topic had questions and points for you to answer.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ Aug. 10 2011,09:11)

Hi Dennison,

Ed J,

The reason why is both You and Bod are here to display and advertise your religious dogma and have no intrest in truth or change.  You like Bod have set your ways and your hearts in the deceits of your vanagloria.  You guys are here because ya are  desperate to teach and be heard and accepted by man.  however one should be humbled to be taught, to listen, and be made acceptable by Christ.
    Yes if they do come you will ask alot of stupid questions that are probably already answered in thier website that details all the answers you seek.  isnt it better to study than ask questions?

All thier websites are filled with people asking questions, and they take thier time to answer each person accordingly and responsibly not for entertainment but because its for the sake of the peoples souls and Gods will.

Hi Dennison,

I will be blunt as well…  
    …are you telling me to study the words of man for truth?

They stopped answering both my and BD's questions (to them)…
    …are you implying that they are (according to Dennison) not concerned for our souls?

Ed J

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ Aug. 10 2011,09:21)

Hi Dennison,

God bless  
    Ed J

Ed j,
    i knew it…. this is why u are a waste of time and its shows that you lack common sense.
    The first line was just clarifying the situation thar Paul cohen was replying to a letter sent from richard concerning the topic that Jesus and God are seperate.
    are you that slow?

and the whole letter is a response or answers Richards letter, not just that one line referencing 1Co

Hi Dennison,

Thanks for the clarification!   …you instead meant “Paul Cohen” rather than the (Shaool) Apostle Paul.

Perhaps you can go back and “Edit” your second line to…

“Paul Cohen replied to a man who argued that God and Jesus Christ cannot be the Same:”

God bless  
    Ed J

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ Aug. 10 2011,09:23)

Hi Ed,

Hi Dennison,

God bless  
    Ed J

Hi Dennison,

Perhaps you SHOULD separate your comments and questions
    for us to address since Paul Cohen is not here to answer for himself?

God bless  
    Ed J

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 10 2011,03:28)

Hi Dennison,

Ed J,

Hi Dennison,

I will be blunt as well…  

…are you implying that they are (according to Dennison) not concerned for our souls?

Ed J

Ed J,

Thats not what i said And your implying things as you always do.
    so why is it that your beat your wife Ed J? (an example of your implicications)

Isnt true that You studying the Kjv for truth which is full with man words? are you not selling a book that YOU expect people who are in search of truth to read a mans word. truth is demonstrated by exposing what is from what it is not.
    If i tell a boy that he can eat bread, than im telling him the truth regardless if they are words from mans lips.

what i was trying to say before you made false implications is that before you try to attempt to debate paul and victor, that you should study what we believe so you can understand what you aregueing agaisnt.

2nd I never said that so why would you put that in my mouth. everyman comes in his appointed time so therefore they already have spoken to you for your sake but you didnt listen so what more is there to say?

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 10 2011,03:37)

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ Aug. 10 2011,09:21)

Hi Dennison,

God bless  
    Ed J

Ed j,
    are you that slow?

and the whole letter is a response or answers Richards letter, not just that one line referencing 1Co

Hi Dennison,

Thanks for the clarification!   …you instead meant “Paul Cohen” rather than the (Shaool) Apostle Paul.

Perhaps you can go back and “Edit” your second line to…

“Paul Cohen replied to a man who argued that God and Jesus Christ cannot be the Same:”

God bless  
    Ed J

Ed j,
    its not my paper nor did i write it, look at the link.
    this was a waste of time plus it shows you didnt take the time to simply read, plus it says his name in the end of the letter -_-

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 10 2011,03:40)

Hi Ed,

Hi Dennison,

God bless  
    Ed J

Hi Dennison,

God bless  
    Ed J

the questuons are in blue. its obvious.

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

1st day back and im already annoyed.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ Aug. 10 2011,10:17)

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 10 2011,03:28)

Hi Dennison,

Ed J,

Hi Dennison,

I will be blunt as well…  

Ed J

Ed J,

(1)Thats not what i said And your implying things as you always do.  
    so why is it that your beat your wife Ed J? (an example of your implicications)

(2)Isnt true that You studying the Kjv for truth which is full with man words? (3)are you not selling a book that YOU expect people who are in search of truth to read a mans word.  (4)truth is demonstrated by exposing what is from what it is not.
    (5)If i tell a boy that he can eat bread, than im telling him the truth regardless if they are words from mans lips.

(6)what i was trying to say before you made false implications is that before you try to attempt to debate paul and victor, that you should study what we believe so you can understand what you aregueing agaisnt.  

(7)2nd I never said that so why would you put that in my mouth.  everyman comes in his appointed time so therefore they already have spoken to you for your sake but you didnt listen so what more is there to say?

Hi SF,

1) I don't.

2) They have italicized all mans added words.
    3) No.
    4) Circular.
    5) Huh?

6) Are you saying: that you and Paul Cohen believe all the same things?
        If that is the case, then I can get these answers from you; correct?

7) You claim to know why they refuse to answer hard questions; should you not also know their motivations?

God bless  
    Ed J

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ Aug. 10 2011,10:20)

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 10 2011,03:40)

Hi Ed,

Hi Dennison,

God bless  
    Ed J

Hi Dennison,

God bless  
    Ed J

the questuons are in blue. its obvious.

Hi Dennison

It was not so obvious to me,
    and it may not be so obvious to others,
    that is of course, until they read your last post.

God bless  
    Ed J

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Ed j, its either you have a comment concerning the thread or u dont im not going off topic any further and u wasted alot of my time and annoyed me enough today.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 114 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account