Omnipresent

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 126 total)
  • Author
    david
    Participant

Nick:

I have never said God is omnipresent as such human theological words can never encompass our amazing God whose home is heaven. But God is not limited

Kenrch:

David,

Explain this scripture:

Mat 18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

Do we have to wait in line for Jesus to be in our midst?

Kenrch, I believe you are doing what nick is speaking of–limiting him. I am not saying that God for example can't hear our prayers no matter where we are. Does that mean that he has to be next to us to hear our prayers?

I believe the scriptures I have shown explain rather clearly that the “person of God” has an “established dwelling place,” as the scripture says. Omnipresence means he doesn't have an established dwelling place but is everywhere.

How is God going to dwell in them (plural)?

Does the “person of God” dwell in you literally? The universe cannot hold him and nor can human man made temples, the Bible says. But you think he is actually inside of you? Or perhaps his spirit (not God the spirit) but his holy spirit is what resides in people?
    WOULDN'T THAT MAKE FAR MORE SENSE in light of the scritures I showed?

Here again is the difference between following scripture as a whole and following human thought.

david

I have never said God is omnipresent as such human theological words can never encompass our amazing God whose home is heaven. But God is not limited as we or angels are to having influence and awareness only in one area of life. We know He blew His breath into our dust to give us life and yet that spirit does not belong to us but to Him and returns to him at death.

Hey Nick and David!

Is God Omnipresent? If he isn’t then he isnt God!

Is God all knowing? Omnicient?

Is God all powerfull? Omnipotent?

To Be Omnicient and Omnipotent  he has to be Omnipresent!

Pro 16:4 The LORD hath made **all things** for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.

Pss 8:6 Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put *all things* under his feet:

Eph 1:10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one **all things** in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; [even] in him:

Eph 1:11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh **all things**  after the counsel of his own will:

Eph 1:22 And hath put **all things**  under his feet, and gave him [to be] the head over
    **all things** to the church,

Eph 3: 9 And to make all [men] see what [is] the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created **all things** by Jesus Christ:

Ehp 4:10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill **all things**.

Eph 5:13 But **all things** that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light.

Phil 3:21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue **all things** unto himself.

Col 1:16 For by him were **all things** created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether [they be] thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: **all things** were created by him, and for him:

Col 1:17 And he is before **all things**, and by him **all things** consist.

Col 1:18And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in **all things** he might have the preeminence

Col 1:20 And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile **all things** unto himself; by him, , whether [they be] **things in earth**, or **things in heaven**.

1 Tim 6:13 I give thee charge in the sight of God, who quickeneth(gives life to) **all things**, and [before] Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed a good confession

Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by [his] Son, whom he hath appointed heir of **all things**, by whom also he made the worlds;

Heb 1:3 Who being the brightness of [his] glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding **all things** by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

Heb 2:10 For it became him, for whom [are] **all things**, and by whom [are] **all things**, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

Isa 44:24 Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I [am] the LORD that maketh **all things**; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

Jer 23:24 Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? saith the LORD. Do not I *fill* heaven and earth? saith the LORD.

Eph 4:10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might *fill* all things.)

How could he create all things right down to the atoms and beyond and and upholding all things by the word of his power unless he is all in all?

Why do we try to limit him?

The beautifull and glorious thing about our God is he can be In one place and everywhere at the same time!

God is not limited to time and space like we mere mortals!

If he was not everywhere how could he know and number the hairs on your head? Or know every thought that you have!?

Of course it is by his Spirit which is who he is!

If the Spirit of God which can be everywhere all the time and knowing all things and having all power is not God then then “The Spirit would be greater than God” which is foolishness! Why do mortal men try to limit God to a Physical place when he is a Spiritual being?

How Great is God? Can you fathom it?

Long milleniums ago, God said, “Let there be light!” With that command a universe of raging infernos called stars came into existence, and have been transferring their energies into limitless energy-containing systems ever since. Even today, the seeming myriad's of stars and nebulae continue to be a breathtaking and inspiring panoply. When you go out and look up to the sky on a clear dark night, when the heavens look like dark blue velvet, and the stars like diamonds, it seems as though there were no end to the number of twinkling points of light. You would think that it was quite impossible to count the starry hosts, and that it would be just about as easy to count the grains of sand on the seashore. Really, however, there are not really so many stars to be seen with the unaided eye as you would imagine. They have often been counted, and the result is that the number of stars that an ordinary eye can see at any one time is somewhere about 2,000. If you have very keen eyes, you may be able to see another 500 or so; but there are not many people who can see 2,500 stars, and if you can see 2,000 you do fairly well.
    By contrast, the Bible states in Jer. 33:22 that “the host of heaven **CANNOT BE NUMBERED**.” During the thousand's of years before Galileo's invention of the telescope, such a statement was considered to be either false or at least a gross exaggeration. The stars uncountable? The universe, they said, was too small to contain that many stars! However, using such giant telescopes as the “200 inch” on Mount Palomar in California, astronomers have estimated that there are billions of billions of stars in the visible universe. More specifically, astronomers estimate that their number is equal to 1,000, 000,000,000,000,000,000 or one sextillion. Is this an uncountable number? That is-the number that can be seen through the telescopes! But as far as man can see the universe stretches on and on into infinity- he has never discovered its outer perimeter. We therefore conclude that the term “uncountable” is indeed a very appropriate description of the number of stars in the universe. Yet in Ps. 147:4 we read that “GOD telleth the number of the stars; HE calleth them all by their names.” God is not only able to number the stars- these billions of billions of blazing suns- but He calls each of them by name–He has ascribed a nature, a power, a purpose to each!
    To get some idea of the vastness of the universe…the star known as “Alpha Hercules” is more than 2,400,000,000 miles across. It is so huge that our own sun, together with the earth (at its distance of about 93 million miles from the sun) could be placed 25 times IN A ROW across the middle of this super giant star. To fly through-this star from one end to the other (if it were possible!) at 25,000 miles per hour your rocket would take 11 years! What distances! What a GOD! Psalm 19 well says, “The heavens declare the glory of God.” The stars shine on in their glory as in the beginning. Milleniums and cycles have gone by, kingdom
    s have arisen and slowly passed away. Yet the stars' brightness is not dimmed, nor their force abated. The dew of youth still seems fresh upon them. No faltering motion reveals the decrepitude of age. These shine on in undiminished glory through all the ages of time.
    You or I in words cannot begin to explain nor understand the Greatness of our God!
    And yet Jesus said,  Math 10:7 “And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.”
    The Kingdom of God could be grasped! In the Kingdom there is a throne and God sits on this throne!
    Mat 11:12 And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.
    Mat 12:25 And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:
    [26] And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?
    [27] And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your children cast them out? therefore they shall be your judges.
    [28] But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the **kingdom of God** is come unto you.
    Luke 10:9 And heal the sick that are therein, and say unto them, The kingdom of God is come nigh unto you.
    Lk 17: 20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The **kingdom of God cometh not with observation**:
    [21] Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the **kingdom of God is within you**
    The Spiritul realm is not bound to natural law. We are born into this spiritual realm be the Spirit!
    If a man is not born again he cannot see nor enter the Kingdom of God which has come upon us, which is at hand!
    .Heb 12: 26 Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven.
    [27] And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.
    [28] Wherefore **we receiving a kingdom** which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:
    [29] For our God is a consuming fire.
    The word Kingdom in the greek is: basileia {bas-il-i'-ah} royal power, kingship, dominion, rule.
    The rule of God has come into our hearts by the Holy Spirit. Our Spirits have been united with the Heavenly!
    Rom 14:7 For the **kingdom of God**  is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.
    Why do men try to limit the *Power* or the *Presence* or the *Knowledge* of God and try to understand him through human reason! Can we not see that he is far above our natural thoughts.
    1 Cor  2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
    1 Cor 2:10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
    Eph 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:
    [10] To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,
    Can God be here in me and in heaven at the same time? Yes absolutely! There is no limit to him or his abilitys. The vastness of his creation only begins to declare the gratness of his Unlimitless Power and his Unlimited Wisdom and his Unlimited Presence!
    God is ALL IN ALL!  And he is before **all things**, and by him **all things** consist.

David a Man after Gods own heart put it so beautifully…

Pss 139: 1] O LORD, thou hast searched me, and known me.
    [2] Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off.
    [3] Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways.
    [4] For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether.
    [5] Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me.
    [6] Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.
    [7] Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
    [8] If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.
    [9] If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;
    [10] Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.
    [11] If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me.
    [12] Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee.

Blessings

:D

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,

You say
    “To Be Omnicient and Omnipotent he has to be Omnipresent!”
    This is a biblical forum and such words are not found in scripture being derived from human wisdom.
    They attempt to confine God to boundaries of our understanding but it is better to just say what is written IMHO.

This is a biblical forum and such words are not found in scripture being derived from human wisdom.
    They attempt to confine God to boundaries of our understanding but it is better to just say what is written IMHO.

Is that right? What about the post that you made and started on “Agency”?

:)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    All THINGS indeed are from God through the Son and God's glories are made manifest through His creation. And the Son is given complete authority as King under God over all things and when he has brought all into order he will put all things under God so that God CAN BE ALL IN ALL.

1Cor 15
    ” 20But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.

21For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.

22For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

23But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

24Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

25For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

26The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

27For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.

28And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all. “

david
    Participant

1 JOHN 3:2
    “Beloved ones, now we are children of God, but as yet it has not been made manifest what we shall be. We do know that whenever he is made manifest we shall be like him, because we shall see him just as he is.”

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Nov. 04 2006,21:49)

Is that right? What about the post that you made and started on “Agency”?

Hi W,
    There are tools you do need to grasp scripture. The principle of dual fulfillment is not there either bu equally true. But words that take the place of what is written substituting human for divine are dangerous.

Hi W,
    There are tools you do need to grasp scripture. The principle of dual fulfillment is not there either bu equally true. But words that take the place of what is written substituting human for divine are dangerous.

I suppose this means that the tools or words that you use are OK if they agree with Nicks theology?

LOL

You are a real special case Nick!

Is 1:18
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Nov. 04 2006,20:55)

I have never said God is omnipresent as such human theological words can never encompass our amazing God whose home is heaven. But God is not limited as we or angels are to having influence and awareness only in one area of life. We know He blew His breath into our dust to give us life and yet that spirit does not belong to us but to Him and returns to him at death.

Hey Nick and David!

Is God Omnipresent? If he isn’t then he isnt God!

Is God all knowing? Omnicient?

Is God all powerfull? Omnipotent?

To Be Omnicient and Omnipotent  he has to be Omnipresent!

Pro 16:4 The LORD hath made **all things** for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.

Pss 8:6 Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put *all things* under his feet:

Eph 1:10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one **all things** in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; [even] in him:

Eph 1:11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh **all things**  after the counsel of his own will:

Eph 1:22 And hath put **all things**  under his feet, and gave him [to be] the head over
    **all things** to the church,

Eph 3: 9 And to make all [men] see what [is] the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created **all things** by Jesus Christ:

Ehp 4:10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill **all things**.

Eph 5:13 But **all things** that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light.

Phil 3:21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue **all things** unto himself.

Col 1:16 For by him were **all things** created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether [they be] thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: **all things** were created by him, and for him:

Col 1:17 And he is before **all things**, and by him **all things** consist.

Col 1:18And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in **all things** he might have the preeminence

Col 1:20 And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile **all things** unto himself; by him, , whether [they be] **things in earth**, or **things in heaven**.

1 Tim 6:13 I give thee charge in the sight of God, who quickeneth(gives life to) **all things**, and [before] Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed a good confession

Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by [his] Son, whom he hath appointed heir of **all things**, by whom also he made the worlds;

Heb 1:3 Who being the brightness of [his] glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding **all things** by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

Heb 2:10 For it became him, for whom [are] **all things**, and by whom [are] **all things**, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

Isa 44:24 Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I [am] the LORD that maketh **all things**; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

Jer 23:24 Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? saith the LORD. Do not I *fill* heaven and earth? saith the LORD.

Eph 4:10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might *fill* all things.)

How could he create all things right down to the atoms and beyond and and upholding all things by the word of his power unless he is all in all?

Why do we try to limit him?

The beautifull and glorious thing about our God is he can be In one place and everywhere at the same time!

God is not limited to time and space like we mere mortals!

If he was not everywhere how could he know and number the hairs on your head? Or know every thought that you have!?

Of course it is by his Spirit which is who he is!

If the Spirit of God which can be everywhere all the time and knowing all things and having all power is not God then then “The Spirit would be greater than God” which is foolishness! Why do mortal men try to limit God to a Physical place when he is a Spiritual being?

How Great is God? Can you fathom it?

Long milleniums ago, God said, “Let there be light!” With that command a universe of raging infernos called stars came into existence, and have been transferring their energies into limitless energy-containing systems ever since. Even today, the seeming myriad's of stars and nebulae continue to be a breathtaking and inspiring panoply. When you go out and look up to the sky on a clear dark night, when the heavens look like dark blue velvet, and the stars like diamonds, it seems as though there were no end to the number of twinkling points of light. You would think that it was quite impossible to count the starry hosts, and that it would be just about as easy to count the grains of sand on the seashore. Really, however, there are not really so many stars to be seen with the unaided eye as you would imagine. They have often been counted, and the result is that the number of stars that an ordinary eye can see at any one time is somewhere about 2,000. If you have very keen eyes, you may be able to see another 500 or so; but there are not many people who can see 2,500 stars, and if you can see 2,000 you do fairly well.
    By contrast, the Bible states in Jer. 33:22 that “the host of heaven **CANNOT BE NUMBERED**.” During the thousand's of years before Galileo's invention of the telescope, such a statement was considered to be either false or at least a gross exaggeration. The stars uncountable? The universe, they said, was too small to contain that many stars! However, using such giant telescopes as the “200 inch” on Mount Palomar in California, astronomers have estimated that there are billions of billions of stars in the visible universe. More specifically, astronomers estimate that their number is equal to 1,000, 000,000,000,000,000,000 or one sextillion. Is this an uncountable number? That is-the number that can be seen through the telescopes! But as far as man can see the universe stretches on and on into infinity- he has never discovered its outer perimeter. We therefore conclude that the term “uncountable” is indeed a very appropriate description of the number of stars in the universe. Yet in Ps. 147:4 we read that “GOD telleth the number of the stars; HE calleth them all by their names.” God is not only able to number the stars- these billions of billions of blazing suns- but He calls each of them by name–He has ascribed a nature, a power, a purpose to each!
    To get some idea of the vastness of the universe…the star known as “Alpha Hercules” is more than 2,400,000,000 miles across. It is so huge that our own sun, together with the earth (at its distance of about 93 million miles from the sun) could be placed 25 times IN A ROW across the middle of this super giant star. To fly through-this star from one end to the other (if it were possible!) at 25,000 miles pe
    r hour your rocket would take 11 years! What distances! What a GOD! Psalm 19 well says, “The heavens declare the glory of God.” The stars shine on in their glory as in the beginning. Milleniums and cycles have gone by, kingdoms have arisen and slowly passed away. Yet the stars' brightness is not dimmed, nor their force abated. The dew of youth still seems fresh upon them. No faltering motion reveals the decrepitude of age. These shine on in undiminished glory through all the ages of time.
    You or I in words cannot begin to explain nor understand the Greatness of our God!
    And yet Jesus said,  Math 10:7 “And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.”
    The Kingdom of God could be grasped! In the Kingdom there is a throne and God sits on this throne!
    Mat 11:12 And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.
    Mat 12:25 And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:
    [26] And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?
    [27] And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your children cast them out? therefore they shall be your judges.
    [28] But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the **kingdom of God** is come unto you.
    Luke 10:9 And heal the sick that are therein, and say unto them, The kingdom of God is come nigh unto you.
    Lk 17: 20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The **kingdom of God cometh not with observation**:
    [21] Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the **kingdom of God is within you**
    The Spiritul realm is not bound to natural law. We are born into this spiritual realm be the Spirit!
    If a man is not born again he cannot see nor enter the Kingdom of God which has come upon us, which is at hand!
    .Heb 12: 26 Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven.
    [27] And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.
    [28] Wherefore **we receiving a kingdom** which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:
    [29] For our God is a consuming fire.
    The word Kingdom in the greek is: basileia {bas-il-i'-ah} royal power, kingship, dominion, rule.
    The rule of God has come into our hearts by the Holy Spirit. Our Spirits have been united with the Heavenly!
    Rom 14:7 For the **kingdom of God**  is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.
    Why do men try to limit the *Power* or the *Presence* or the *Knowledge* of God and try to understand him through human reason! Can we not see that he is far above our natural thoughts.
    1 Cor  2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
    1 Cor 2:10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
    Eph 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:
    [10] To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,
    Can God be here in me and in heaven at the same time? Yes absolutely! There is no limit to him or his abilitys. The vastness of his creation only begins to declare the gratness of his Unlimitless Power and his Unlimited Wisdom and his Unlimited Presence!
    God is ALL IN ALL!  And he is before **all things**, and by him **all things** consist.

David a Man after Gods own heart put it so beautifully…

Pss 139: 1] O LORD, thou hast searched me, and known me.
    [2] Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off.
    [3] Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways.
    [4] For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether.
    [5] Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me.
    [6] Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.
    [7] Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
    [8] If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.
    [9] If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;
    [10] Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.
    [11] If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me.
    [12] Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee.

Blessings

:D

Nice post WJ,
    And I agree with your core premise, which is YHWH is not subject to the physical limitations of our time-space continuum….we are….He is not. Incidentally, Yahshua said in Matt 20:18 when two or three are gathered in His name He would be there….how many prayer meetings are held on Earth concurrently? I would say at least thousands, if not 100s of thousands (on the world day of prayer, for instance) and He is there at all of them….

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (david @ Nov. 04 2006,19:18)
    Nick:

I have never said God is omnipresent as such human theological words can never encompass our amazing God whose home is heaven. But God is not limited

Kenrch:

David,

Explain this scripture:

Mat 18:20  For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

Do we have to wait in line for Jesus to be in our midst?

Kenrch, I believe you are doing what nick is speaking of–limiting him.  I am not saying that God for example can't hear our prayers no matter where we are.  Does that mean that he has to be next to us to hear our prayers?  

I believe the scriptures I have shown explain rather clearly that the “person of God” has an “established dwelling place,” as the scripture says.  Omnipresence means he doesn't have an established dwelling place but is everywhere.

How is God going to dwell in them (plural)?

Does the “person of God” dwell in you literally?  The universe cannot hold him and nor can human man made temples, the Bible says.  But you think he is actually inside of you?  Or perhaps his spirit (not God the spirit) but his holy spirit is what resides in people?
    WOULDN'T THAT MAKE FAR MORE SENSE in light of the scritures I showed?

Here again is the difference between following scripture as a whole and following human thought.

david

Act 5:3 But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thy heart to lie to the Holy Spirit, and to keep back part of the price of the land?
    Act 5:4 While it remained, did it not remain thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thy power? How is it that thou hast conceived this thing in thy heart? thou has not lied unto men, but unto God.

Sometime when we put the wrong foot out first we stumble.

And I agree with your core premise, which is YHWH is not subject to the physical limitations of our time-space continuum….we are….He is not. Incidentally, Yahshua said in Matt 20:18 when two or three are gathered in His name He would be there….how many prayer meetings are held on Earth concurrently? I would say at least thousands, if not 100s of thousands (on the world day of prayer, for instance) and He is there at all of them….

Is 1:18

True Brother!

He has an all seeing Eye watching over his own!

I Peter 3:12 For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.

Wha Hoo!!!! Our God is so Great!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Is 1.18
    You say
    “Nice post WJ,
    And I agree with your core premise, which is YHWH is not subject to the physical limitations of our time-space continuum….we are….He is not. Incidentally, Yahshua said in Matt 20:18 when two or three are gathered in His name He would be there….how many prayer meetings are held on Earth concurrently? I would say at least thousands, if not 100s of thousands (on the world day of prayer, for instance) and He is there at all of them…. “

So how is God in and among His people too?

Eph 3
    ” 16That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;

17That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,

18May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;

19And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

20Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,

21Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.”

By the Spirit of Christ that is of the Spirit of God.

Thus Jesus says in Jn 14

” 19Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

20At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

21He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

22Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?

23Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.”

jhenTux
    Participant

is Jesus omnipresent too? is not He the one who said this “”For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them” ?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi jht,
    “Omni” words are of the minds of theological men and do not appear in scripture.
    God does not live in sinners
    All men are not in Jesus

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 20 2009,12:17)
    Hi jht,
    “Omni” words are of the minds of theological men and do not appear in scripture.
    God does not live in sinners
    All men are not in Jesus

Hi NH

You do realize that the word “theological” is not found in the Bible don't you?

The word “homeless” is not found in the Bible, but do you think we can't find the “homeless” in the Bible?

Your argument that words not found in the Bible are not valid, is a straw.

WJ

BTW here is a scritpure that uses the “omni” word…

And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God “OMNIPOTENT” reigneth. Rev 19:16

Quote (jhenTux @ Feb. 20 2009,12:14)
    is Jesus omnipresent too? is not He the one who said this “”For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them” ?

Hi jhenTux

Exactly!

Blessings WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    So we should choose matters which are not written of to form doctrinal foundations?
    Like trinity did?

Is God in sinners?

SEEKING
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Feb. 22 2009,15:33)
    And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God “OMNIPOTENT” reigneth. Rev 19:16

WJ,

I know I am “off subject” here but anyway – how to you poat in red?

Quote (SEEKING @ Feb. 23 2009,10:13)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Feb. 22 2009,15:33)

WJ,

I know I am “off subject” here but anyway –  how to you poat in red?

Hi Seeking

If you click the “quote” button on any post that you see color or bold or whatever you want to see and how it was done, you will be able to see the info in the bottom block.

You can copy and paste in the top block what will be your reply.

Then before you click the “add reply” button you can preview your post to see how it will appear and then make changes.

There is a testing thread under “feedback and suggestions” where you can test post like this one…

Click “quote” button on top right and see how this is written

Click here for examples and where you can test your post.

If you click the “quote” button on this post you will also be able to see how I used red for the scripture.

Have fun.

Blessings Keith

SEEKING
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Feb. 22 2009,18:52)

Thanks Keith. I will need more practice as my attempt did not work. I'll get it!

Seeking

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 126 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account