old and new

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 292 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Heb 4 1f, a letter written to the saved as are all the letters;
    ” Therefore let us fear lest, while a promise remains of entering that rest any one of you should seem to have come short of it. For indeed we have had the good news preached to us, just as they also..”

The Law cannot save us. Salvation is in the Son. Be sure of it and hold fast by faith to the truths preached to us by Jesus and his apostles.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi e,
    You may be interested in this forum.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Ex 20,1
    ” Then God spoke all these words, saying
    'I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt”

So here the law was being given.
    Who to? Those brought out from Egypt.
    Who were they?The Israelites.

Not to the gentiles but the Jews.

We are gentiles.

We were never under the Law.

Eliyah
    Participant

Read Both Hebrews Chapter 3 and 4, they never had enough faith TO OBEY in obedience.

Today, all you Baal pastors and teachers teach is believe, just like the demons( James 2) that ye worship.

Yah brings people out of spiritual bondage of sin / ie or transgressions( 1 John 3:4), which Egypt was a physical type of bongage, but then the Baal teachers today can't understand that.

The purpose of the law is to tell us what sin is( 1 John 3:4), NOT to justify or save anyone you ignoramous, and that's what has gotten the world in the shape it is in today, because all you Baal teachers teach that Grace is liscence for disobedience to Yah's laws.

That's why all the Denominations have now accepted queers or Sodomites in their assemblies now, because you pick and choose from the scriptures what fits your life style, and throw the rest out, and dis-reguard Yah's laws.

Well did Isayah prophesy of you hypocrits as Messiah said, and make the law of Yah of none effect by your traditions.

Faith without obedience is dead and in vain or nothing as James 2 says, and that is what your going to end up as NOTHING.

There is ONLY ONE NEW COVENANT for BOTH GENTILE CONVERT and Israelite, and Paul spoke about in ( Hebrew 8:10) from ( Jer.31:33), where YAHWEH SAID, I WILL WRITE MY LAWS IN THEIR HEARTS AND MINDS.

Well how can he write His laws in their even Gentile converts MINDS if the Law and that NEW COVENANT is done away as is claimed by all you modern Baal teachers today ?

Whenever a Gentile was accepted into the Israelite congregations, the Gentiles had to become like the Israelites, and that included obedience to their laws, not opposite from their laws.

Those who teach that Yah's laws are of none effect are going to be burned to ashes like the snakes and vipers they really are, read the book of Malachi, for they will become ashes under the feet of the Righetous, and it is those who keep Yah's Commandments that have right to the tree of Life( Rev.), not those who practice lawlessness and disobedience.

I suggest people read my posts to Nick Hassen in other topics where I have dis-proved all his folly of un-scriptural statements, as he is a modern Pentecostal charismatic like Jimmy Swaggart that was caught in adultry with a strip prostitute in a mazuse parler on video tape as he was caught masterbatting on video tape.

Then they claim to follow the Messiah in word only, but their deeds of accusations prove who their father really is, which is satan the devil( John 8:44), for satan is the accuser of the Brethern, and Nick fits the bill, as he is always accusing me wrongfully, which proves what he really is.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi eliyah,
    Scripture never taught that gentiles must become Jews before they can be saved. That is one of the earliest lies Satan propagated.
    Gal 2.14
    ” But when I saw that they were not straightforward about the truth of the gospel, I said to Cephas in the presence of all
    'If you, being a Jew, live like the gentiles and not like the Jews, how is it that you compel the gentiles to live like Jews?”

Gal 5.18
    ” But if you are led by the Spirit you are not under the Law”

We were warned about the leaven of the Pharisees. The human perfectionism that opposes the work of the Spirit as man seeks to justify himself. The return to legalism is against the Spirit and

” A little leaven leavens the whole lump of dough.'

Eliyah
    Participant

If you are led by the spirit, then one is not under the death penality of the law, as I said before, you need to get your scriptural definitions straight, instead of believing what someone has pissed down in your ears.

Eliyah
    Participant

Go back and keep listening to your Baal teachers like Jimmy Swaggart and Oral Roberts maybe they can save you.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Eliyah @ Oct. 01 2005,12:01)
    If you are led by the spirit, then one is not under the death penality of the law, as I said before, you need to get your scriptural definitions straight, instead of believing what someone has pissed down in your ears.

Hi eliyah,
    You say some good things.

If only you were not to say things in such a coarse and offensive way. Love would be so much more effective.

But I suppose if you preach self perfectionism then it would be against the plan to ever admit mistakes. Then you would not be perfect so you would lose credibility in your own eyes and not be infallible.

It may not be plain to you but few readers would see you in that light so a little garnish of humility would make commonsense.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Eliyah @ Oct. 01 2005,12:04)
    Go back and keep listening to your Baal teachers like Jimmy Swaggart and Oral Roberts maybe they can save you.

Hi eliyah,
    These guys brought dishonour to the message.

It behoves us to not do that.

Eliyah
    Participant

Nick,

Those People above were the leaders of your

Pentecostal Charismatic which you believe as they do.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi eliyah,
    There are false gifts false powers and false teachers too. That does not say that all is false. A certain discernment is necessary and we are to judge fruit. What gifts have you experienced?

Casiphus
    Participant

This has become a very confusing discussion to follow!

Just to clarify:

Nick – you're saying that the Law (by which I assume you mean the Law of Moses, as opposed to the Law of Christ, or the Law of sin and death) was given to the Jews, and therefore does not apply to Gentiles, who if they accept Christ, come under the Law of Christ, which is love. Is this correct?

Eliyah – you're saying that the Law of God is written on the hearts and minds, right? Is this the hearts and minds of all people, or a portion? Which of the Laws mentioned above (or other?) do you believe this is?

Perhaps when you've both responded, we can discuss these bare statements rather than getting bogged down in side-issues.

Eliyah
    Participant

Casiphus,

Eliyah – you're saying that the Law of God is written on the hearts and minds, right? Is this the hearts and minds of all people, or a portion? Which of the Laws mentioned above (or other?) do you believe this is?

I'm saying that all of Yah's Laws is written in the Hearts and Minds Believers and followers of Yah and Messiah that accept the NEW COVENANT as outlined by Paul in(Jer.31:33;Heb.8:10), as this is the NEW COVENANT.

Casiphus
    Participant

So the Laws of God are written on the hearts and minds of all believers? But which Laws do you think the New Covenant refers to? Are these the same as the Law of Moses, or the Law of love, or are they a composite of these, and other laws?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi casiphus and welcome,
    The gentiles were never part of the old covenant. That covenant was exclusively with the chosen people and the Law was given to them [of course those gentiles with the Jews who chose be be as Jews were exceptions]. So the gentiles were always outside of the Law and, again with a few exceptions as shown in Romans 2, they were doomed to perish without the Law.

Thank God for the New Covenant in the blood of the Lamb which includes all and accepts all, making one people of Jews and gentiles. We can alll be sons of God and sons of light sharing the one body and the one Spirit in the one baptism into the death of Jesus.

Now the Spirit can teach us from within writing the two laws of love on our hearts. And we have new laws too. Love now goes beyond loving our neighbour as we would like to be loved ourselves. As we are one body with others in Christ we too must be prepared to love them as he did-unto death.

Casiphus
    Participant

Hi Nick,

While it is called the “Law” of Love is it actually Law in the same way that the Law of Moses was Law?

Without intending to offend anyone – the Law of Moses is rather arbitrary, in the same way as a law governing speed limits is. On the other hand, the laws of physics (for instance) are very specific, based on observation, and expressed in scientific method – these are a different interpretation of the term “Law”.

To speak of the Law of Love in the same sense as the Law of Moses, seems to be to impose the same conditions on the New Covenant as were on the old, doesn't it?

Could not the Law of Love better be described as a Natural Law, where the practice of which builds up people and society, rather than just making them conform to a behaviour code?

Just a thought – what do you think?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi c,
    I like that thought. The Spirit of the Law is the way all beings were designed to live together.

Eliyah
    Participant

I'm talking about all Yah's Commandments( Except the blood letting rituals as they are no more in effect)as Messiah was the sacrifice.

I will re-post this up here from last night.

Paul plainly said…

So then with the MIND I ( Paul ) MYSELF SERVE THE LAW OF El( Yah); but with the flesh the law of sin ( Romans 7:25).

Paul also said, “” I ( Paul ) DELIGHT IN THE LAW OF El ( Yah) after the inward man. But I ( Paul )SEE ANOTHER LAW in my members, warring against THE LAW( Yah's law) OF MY MIND , and bringing me ( Paul ) into captivity to THE LAW OF SIN which is in my members ( Romans 7:22-23).

And this ANOTHER LAW OF SIN mentioned in ( Rom.8:2 last part) wars againstYah's Law of the Spirit in Messiah, that Paul served with his mind ( Rom.7:25 first part, and Rom.8:2 first part).

The law is spiritual (Rom.7:14), and this is the law of the spirit of life in Messiah( Rom.8:2 first part), and the law of sin and death is that ANOTHER LAW( Rom.7:21,23 first part), that wars against the “” LAW OF YAH “” that Paul served with his mind( Rom.7:25 first part).

Paul speaks of 2 laws in ( Rom.7:21-25), and the one law of sin in the flesh, wars against Yah's( El's) Law which Paul served with his mind( Rom.7:25), and that is why he said.

So with the mind I myself serve the law of Yah( El), but with the flesh the law of sin( Rom.7:25).

These laws are Yah's and Messiah's laws, there is no scripture that says Yah's Laws are different from Messiah's Laws and commandments.

And ( 1 John 3:4) says “” Sin is the transgression of the law.””

The purpose of the law is to identify and tell us what sin is( Rom.3:20; Rom.7:7) and faith does not make void the law( Rom.3:31), and Paul also says that the carnal mind is hostile or an enemy against Yah and His Law( Rom.8:7).

The purpose of the law is NOT to justify anyone before Yah, nor can it save anyone, but its purpose is to identify what sin is( Rom.3:20; Rom.7:7; 1 John 3:4), and the law of Yah is NOT sin( Rom.7:7).

The law can only be fulfilled in us by Messiah in us( Rom.8) through the spirit.

For this is the love of Yah that we keep His commandments( 1 John 5:3), and he that says “” that I know Him, and keeps not His Commandments, is a liar and the truth is not in him( 1 John 2:3-4).

And it is only those who fulfill and do His Commandments( the New Covenant( Jer.31:33; Heb.8:10) by Messiah living in us( Rom.8) that have right to the tree of life( Rev.22:14).

Eliyah C.

NickHassan
    Participant

hi Cisiphus and eliyah,
    Look at the context.
    I Jn 2 1.f
    “.. And if anyone sins we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ, the righteous, and he himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only, but also for those of the whole world. By this we know that we have come to know him, if we keep his commandments. The one who says 'I have come to know him' and does not keep his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him; but whoever keeps his word in him the love of God has truly been perfected”

Whose commandments?
    Those of the Son of God.

Casiphus
    Participant

Hi Eliyah,

You said:

These laws are Yah's and Messiah's laws, there is no scripture that says Yah's Laws are different from Messiah's Laws and commandments.

By Yah's Laws, do you mean the Law of Moses then? While scriptural interpretation is a quagmire I usually prefer to avoid, didn't Jesus say on several occassions – “Moses told you thus, but I say to you this“? Doesn't this indicate a difference between the Law of Moses and the Law of Christ?

Hi Nick,

If

The Spirit of the Law is the way all beings were designed to live together

does that mean that the Law of God isn't so much in performing or adhering to a moral code, but in desiring and pursuing greater social cohesion, harmony and well-being?

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 292 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account