old and new

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 281 through 292 (of 292 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    The law remains.
    Not all are under that law.
    The commandments of Jesus are not the OT.
    Love one another as I have loved you is one of them.

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Nov. 11 2008,11:59)
    Hi 94,
    The law remains.
    Not all are under that law.
    Love one another as I have loved you is one of them.

Hi Nick:

I never have said that I am under the Law. I am a Christian, a member of the body of Christ.

I have given you scripture. Let the scripture speak for itself.

Love is the fulfilling of the law.

Rom 13:9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if [there be] any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Rom 13:10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love [is] the fulfilling of the law.

You say:

Well, I disagree.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    Jesus is even Lord of the sabbath.
    Does the OT ever describe the ten commandments as those of Jesus Christ?

Jesus said
    “A NEW COMMANDMENT I give to you…”

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Nov. 11 2008,12:46)
    Hi 94,
    Jesus is even Lord of the sabbath.
    Does the OT ever describe the ten commandments as those of Jesus Christ?

Jesus said
    “A NEW COMMANDMENT I give to you…”

Hi Nick:

The commandments that have come from God to humanity through Jesus. Jesus did not come to change these commandments “The Ten Commandments”. We are fulfilling them through love.

Jer 31:33 But this [shall be] the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people

Jhn 13:34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
    Jhn 13:35 By this shall all [men] know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

1Jo 3:16 Hereby perceive we the love [of God], because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down [our] lives for the brethren.
    1Jo 3:17 But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels [of compassion] from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?

Jam 4:17 Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth [it] not, to him it is sin.

Mat 22:36 Master, which [is] the great commandment in the law?
    Mat 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
    Mat 22:38 This is the first and great commandment.
    Mat 22:39 And the second [is] like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
    Mat 22:40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Participant

Hi Nick:

The New commandment is that no one had ever given his life for us before he did, and he is asking us to to the same for the brethren. This commandment of course was not in the Law.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    Yes it is one of his commandments.
    Like the one about being reborn from above.

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Nov. 11 2008,13:11)
    Hi 94,
    Yes it is one of his commandments.
    Like the one about being reborn from above.

Hi Nick:

That is true. It does not alter the Ten commandments. I have already quoted Jeremiah 31:33 for you.

God Bless

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    No but he did not come to preach the OT law to the gentiles.
    He did explain it to the Jews who sought understanding.

We have never become Jews nor do we need to having been grafted into that tree of faith

Participant

Hi Nick:

Gal 3:16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

Gal 3:17 And this I say, [that] the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.

Gal 3:18 For if the inheritance [be] of the law, [it is] no more of promise: but God gave [it] to Abraham by promise.

Gal 3:19 Wherefore then [serveth] the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; [and it was] ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.

Gal 3:20 Now a mediator is not [a mediator] of one, but God is one.

Gal 3:21 [Is] the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.

Gal 3:22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

Gal 3:23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.

Gal 3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster [to bring us] unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

Gal 3:25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

Gal 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

Gal 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Gal 3:29 And if ye [be] Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Gal 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Rom 3:30 Seeing [it is] one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.
    Rom 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

Rom 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Rom 6:15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

Rom 6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

Rom 6:17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.

Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin [is] death; but the gift of God [is] eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

God Bless

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    Indeed, the OT law remains.
    But the OT covenant was given to the Jews.

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Nov. 11 2008,14:19)
    Hi 94,
    Indeed, the OT law remains.
    But the OT covenant was given to the Jews.

Hi Nick:

I agree.

God Bless

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    God has not changed
    We have access to all his teachings
    Matthew 13:52
    Then said he unto them, Therefore every scribe which is instructed unto the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that is an householder, which bringeth forth out of his treasure things new and old.

Viewing 12 posts - 281 through 292 (of 292 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account