Oil

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Shania
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ May 18 2008,07:16)
    Our births were not the result of a union between a woman and the Holy Spirit (Luke 1:35)

Well, actually… to tell you the truth.. the story is…

I agree :D

Is 1:18
    Participant

Quote (Shania @ May 18 2008,08:32)
    I have no problem explaining my views, but I do not wish to deviate from this topic and turn it into a debate about the trinity.  

Neither do I.

:)

My post was in reaction to this statement you made:

“You see, Jesus(Yahushua) had the light of His Father.  The only good that was in Him was His Father.  We are the same.”

Understand that I love you and respect you as a fellow believer.

Shania, I'm a little skeptical that you genuinely do love and respect me. After all' you barely know me at all. Personally, I don't think we should ascribe these terms so indescriminantly, it devalues them. We can't really “love” or “respect” someone we don't yet know. Hope you don't take this personally.

I know that I cannot convince anyone whose mind is set; that is why I am not a debater.  [By saying this, I am ot accusing you of anything; just explaining my heart in the matter]

How do you know my mind is set?

However, since you asked, I will answer :;):

Great. Look forward to reading your posts.

Shania
    Participant

nor will our spirits indwell other believers when we die (2 Corinthians 13:5).

Ok- this one made me think and it drove me to research. Thanks, bro!

John 17:2-3
    3 Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.
    NIV

Eternal life is wrapped up in knowing the only true God [Elohim, the Father] and the son; through the son:

John 17:22-23
    22 I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one: 23 I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.
    NIV

Yes, his Spirit dwells in us, making us able to commune with the Father.

How does Yahushua get into our bodies? We eat his flesh and drink his blood:

John 6:50-58
    51 I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever. This bread is my flesh , which I will give for the life of the world.”

52 Then the Jews began to argue sharply among themselves, “How can this man give us his flesh to eat?”

53 Jesus said to them, “I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. 54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. 55 For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. 56 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in him. 57 Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me. 58 This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your forefathers ate manna and died, but he who feeds on this bread will live forever.”
    NIV

This is pretty deep and I admit that I am discovering things as I am typing-

We are sustained by Messiah. Partaking of Him means that we are taking on his nature. He is the bread of life and the living water. His food is to do the will of the Father [Jn 4:34]. We are also clothed with Messiah. {Gal 3:27} If we are to be sustained by him and wear him as a garment, wouldn’t you say that we will start to look like him?

Feeding on someone is a strange concept… lets get more insight:

Matt 26:26-29

26 While they were eating, Jesus took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to his disciples, saying, “Take and eat; this is my body .”

27 Then he took the cup, gave thanks and offered it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you. 28 This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins. NIV

This really caught my attention. You see, in the old covenant, blood was sprinkled on the people- it was poured out all over the alter; it was sprinkled all over the tent.

Heb 9:13-14
    13 The blood of goats and bulls and the ashes of a heifer sprinkled on those who are ceremonially unclean sanctify them so that they are outwardly clean.
    NIV

Heb 10:4
    4 because it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins.

Here is what I just noticed:
    In the old covenant, the blood that cleansed was sprinkled on the outside. In the old covenant, man could not possess the Spirit of the living Elohim. Man could not enter into the Holy of Holies. His sin separated him and there was no fellowship between man and God [Elohim]. There was a priest who could make atonement only once a year, but it was never enough because it was necessary to keep doing it. We needed a mediator. We needed a High Priest to make atonement once for all. We needed a man to restore the contract that man broke.

In the new covenant, the blood that cleanses must enter into our bodies.
    “Drink from it, all of you. 28 This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins. NIV

Rom 7:24-25
    24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death ? 25 Thanks be to God — through Jesus Christ our Lord!
    NIV

If, [due to the law], your body is dead because of sin, then life needs to enter you in order to be revived! [A sprinkling on the outside will not do]

53 Jesus said to them, “I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you

What does it really mean to eat his flesh and drink his blood?

1 Cor 11:27-30

27 Therefore, whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of sinning against the body and blood of the Lord. 28 A man ought to examine himself before he eats of the bread and drinks of the cup. 29 For anyone who eats and drinks without recognizing the body of the Lord eats and drinks judgment on himself.
    NIV

This scripture reveals the seriousness of communion and that there is something deeper and greater than just doing the act; that it is really not about the act but what is in our hearts. This must mean that the outward act is a declaration of what’s inside of you and if the two do not line up, there is judgement.

What is recognizing the body of the Lord?

Rom 8:12-17

12 Therefore, brothers, we have an obligation — but it is not to the sinful nature, to live according to it. 13 For if you live according to the sinful nature, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live, 14 because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. 15 For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba, Father.” 16 The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children. 17 Now if we are children, then we are heirs — heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.
    NIV

So, his body was broken for us, and we are to eat it- which means that we take on his characteristics- which means that we lay our life down. We are partake of Him who partook of the Father [God]. His food was to do the will of the Father. We are told that only those who do the will of the Father are in the Kingdom. [Mt 7:21]

Our Father never desired slaughter offerings. His desire is the offering of our life:

Heb 10:5-7
    5 Therefore, when Christ came into the world, he said:

“Sacrifice and offering you did not desire,
    but a body you prepared for me;
    6 with burnt offerings and sin offerings
    you were not pleased.
    7 Then I said, 'Here I am — it is written about me in the scroll —
    I have come to do your will, O God.'”
    NIV

John 4:34-35

34 “My food ,” said Jesus, “is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work.
    NIV

Matt 7:21-22

21 “Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord ,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
    NIV

1 John 2:6
    6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.
    NIV

Rom 8:9-11

9 You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. [this can only happen through Messiah living in you] And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ [ if you have not partaken of his flesh and blood. If you do not identify with him and feed on him] , he does not belong to Christ. 10 But if Christ is in you, your body is dead because of sin, yet your spirit is alive because of righteousness. [you died to sin- you were nailed it to the cross and were crucified with Messiah. His cleansing blood atoned for your sin, purifying your hea
    rt so that the Spirit could dwell in you] 11 And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead [God, the Father] is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit, who lives in you.
    NIV

You see, the life that sustained Yahushua was the Father. The life that sustains us is the Father, through Yahushua. We could not go directly to the Father; we needed a mediator.

57 Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me.

Yes, I agree that our spirits will not indwell other believers, because we are not the mediator.

1 Tim 2:4-5
    5 For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus
    NIV

Participant

Oh, I see you're going through my list systematically. Thanks Shania, it's appreciated. I'll wait for you to finish before offering my comments.

Be well.

Shania
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ May 19 2008,08:54)
    Shania, I'm a little skeptical that you genuinely do love and respect me. After all' you barely know me at all. Personally, I don't think we should ascribe these terms so indescriminantly, it devalues them. We can't really “love” or “respect” someone we don't yet know. Hope you don't take this personally.

Sure you can!

John 13:34-35

34 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35 By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”
    NIV

Rom 12:9-11

9 Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. 10 Be devoted to one another in brotherly love . Honor one another above yourselves.
    NIV

Rom 13:10

10 Love does no harm to its neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.
    NIV

1 Cor 8:1-2
    We know that we all possess knowledge. Knowledge puffs up, but love builds up. 2 The man who thinks he knows something does not yet know as he ought to know.
    NIV

1 Cor 16:14
    14 Do everything in love .
    NIV

2 Cor 5:14
    14 For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died.
    NIV

2 Cor 13:14 – Gal 1:1

14 May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.

NIV

Gal 5:6
    The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love .
    NIV

Gal 5:22

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love ,
    NIV

Eph 1:15-17

15 For this reason, ever since I heard about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints, 16 I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers.
    NIV
    Do they know all the saints?

Col 1:7-9
    7 You learned it from Epaphras, our dear fellow servant, who is a faithful minister of Christ on our behalf, 8 and who also told us of your love in the Spirit.

9 For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you and asking God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding.
    NIV

Paul heard about this body through Epaphras. They loved in the Spirit. They did not have to know anyone personally to do this. Paul did not know them, but he loved them enough to intercede for them.

1 Thess 4:9-10

9 Now about brotherly love we do not need to write to you, for you yourselves have been taught by God to love each other. 10 And in fact, you do love all the brothers throughout Macedonia. Yet we urge you, brothers, to do so more and more.
    NIV

Do you think that they personally knew all these brothers?

1 John 3:13-24
    13 Do not be surprised, my brothers, if the world hates you. 14 We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love our brothers. Anyone who does not love remains in death. 15 Anyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life in him.

16 This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers. 17 If anyone has material possessions and sees his brother in need but has no pity on him, how can the love of God be in him? 18 Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth. 19 This then is how we know that we belong to the truth, and how we set our hearts at rest in his presence 20 whenever our hearts condemn us. For God is greater than our hearts, and he knows everything.

21 Dear friends, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence before God 22 and receive from him anything we ask, because we obey his commands and do what pleases him. 23 And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us. 24 Those who obey his commands live in him, and he in them. And this is how we know that he lives in us: We know it by the Spirit he gave us.
    NIV

Much love :D

Participant

He he, point taken Shania. Though none of the verses you cited affirm that we should just go around telling everyone we love them, regardless of how well we know them. And by doing that we would certainly render the word meaningless. In the modern vernacular “love” is meant as a noun, whereas in the Bible it's usually used as a verb. We should aspire to love other's by showing love to them in our actions.

Blessings

Shania
    Participant

And I can and should respect everyone- no matter if I know them or not. By this comment I meant that I would never belittle you, disrespect you, push your buttons, antagonize you, namecall…. the list goes on and on.

Unfortunately, I've seen some pretty nasty behavior from christians who get so caught up in trying to prove their point that they forget that they are ambassadors of Messiah. I will respect you by not going there.

I know that I do not have all truth. I am “on my way” to searching Him out and if I've got misconceptions [due to my finite mind] I welcome understanding.

Having said that, I do not get offended if others do not agree with me. Messiah never was. People came to him freely; people left him freely. [they still do]

My desire is not to be right; it is to be right with Him

Shania
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ May 19 2008,09:26)
    In the modern vernacular “love” is meant as a noun, whereas in the Bible it's usually used as a verb. We should aspire to love other's by showing love to them in our actions.

True story. I plan on doing this :)

Participant

Quote (Shania @ May 18 2008,17:29)
    And I can and should respect everyone- no matter if I know them or not.  By this comment I meant that I would never belittle you, disrespect you, push your buttons, antagonize you, namecall…. the list goes on and on.

Unfortunately, I've seen some pretty nasty behavior from christians who get so caught up in trying to prove their point that they forget that they are ambassadors of Messiah.  I will respect you by not going there.

I know that I do not have all truth.  I am “on my way” to searching Him out and if I've got misconceptions [due to my finite mind] I welcome understanding.  

Having said that, I do not get offended if others do not agree with me.  Messiah never was.  People came to him freely; people left him freely. [they still do]

My desire is not to be right; it is to be right with Him

Shania, tell me honestly – when you wrote “Understand that I love you and respect you as a fellow believer” did you actually mean 'I intend to show love and respect to you by my actions'? If so, i'm impressed and I apologise for my misunderstanding.

charity
    Participant

Big sorry

but Love can't become a command and ruleing, or you become insane forcing yourself from the reality to the submission
    unnaturally

I’m sorry if hate hates you justices should be done?

I love love

charity

Shania
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ May 19 2008,11:25)
    Shania, tell me honestly – when you wrote “Understand that I love you and respect you as a fellow believer” did you actually mean 'I intend to show love and respect to you by my actions'? If so, i'm impressed and I apologise for my misunderstanding.

You may not believe this, but that is exactly what I meant. You are skeptical- that's ok. I'm still gonna choose to love you, which will be visible in my actions.

And Charity- I agree that love has to be a choice, otherwise it is not love. That is why our Father does not make anyone believe and obey. Obedience is out of love and it must come from the heart.

You see, the Spirit enables us to love people that we do not know. That is what intercession is all about. We are to stand in the gap between the Father and the darkness and plead for the souls of men. Does it not take love to do this?

Yahushua laid down his life for his friends, and we are commanded to do the same. Do you think that he personally knew everyone- even the ones that were not born yet? We know that he is not omniscient. What drove people like Paul, Stephen, John to witness in spite of persecution, at the cost of their lives? It was love. Love for the Father, love for the Master [Yahushua], and love for the souls [that they did not know]. This was extreme love in action.

Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ May 18 2008,17:26)
    He he, point taken Shania. Though none of the verses you cited affirm that we should just go around telling everyone we love them, regardless of how well we know them. And by doing that we would certainly render the word meaningless. In the modern vernacular “love” is meant as a noun, whereas in the Bible it's usually used as a verb. We should aspire to love other's by showing love to them in our actions.

Blessings

Hi Bro:

Is it not an action when someone says: “I love you”? Of course, we are talking about the Agape sort of love. I know what you saying in that there is more to love than just saying “I love you”, but surely, saying this to someone if it is sincere is an action.

Shania
    Participant

We will never (legitimately) be called “YHWH” (Zech 14:4)

Zech 14:3-5

3 Then the LORD will go out and fight against those nations, as he fights in the day of battle. 4 On that day his feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, east of Jerusalem, and the Mount of Olives will be split in two from east to west, forming a great valley, with half of the mountain moving north and half moving south. 5 You will flee by my mountain valley, for it will extend to Azel. You will flee as you fled from the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah. Then the LORD my God will come, and all the holy ones with him.
    NIV

Jesus [Yahushua] held the Spirit of YHWH in his body. He was the exact manifestation of the Father. Everything that he did and does brings honor and esteem to the Father. Yahushua is the ambassador of YHWH. When he does anything, it is on YHWH’s behalf, and in the authority that comes from YHWH. YHWH is represented in everything that he does.

Here are some other examples of YHWH fighting:

Josh 23:9-11

9 “The LORD has driven out before you great and powerful nations; to this day no one has been able to withstand you. 10 One of you routs a thousand, because the LORD your God fights for you , just as he promised. 11 So be very careful to love the LORD your God.
    NIV

It says, the LORD [YHWH] has driven out; no one has been able to withstand you {the Israelites}

Does this present a problem? Is there an error? No. It is clearly understandable that YHWH fought through the people.

Josh 23:3-4
    3 You yourselves have seen everything the LORD your God has done to all these nations for your sake; it was the LORD your God who fought for you.
    NIV

Shania
    Participant

or “Lord of all” (Acts 10:30).

The verse you meant to quote is Acts 10:36:

Acts 10:36
    36 You know the message God sent to the people of Israel, telling the good news of peace through Jesus Christ, who is Lord of all.
    NIV

I agree with you on this one. All authority on Heaven and on Earth was not given to us. We will never be Lord [Master] of all. Here is some insight on the authority of Messiah:

1 Cor 15:27-28
    27 For he “has put everything under his feet.” Now when it says that “everything” has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ. 28 When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all .
    NIV

The Son is under the authority of the Father. He is not co-equal. He is Lord [Master] of all because that authority has been given to him by the greater authority.

Shania
    Participant

We will never be able to “uphold all things by the power of our word” (Heb 1:3).

Really?

Rev 12:11
    11 They overcame him
    by the blood of the Lamb
    and by the word of their testimony;
    they did not love their lives so much
    as to shrink from death.
    NIV

If our word is the word of Messiah, it is mighty and powerful. Scripture says that the tongue is a restless evil that is able to set a fire. It can be a good fire or a fire from hell. No man is able to tame the tongue. However, our Father can tame the tongue. [Hmm… I seem to remember an incident involving tongues and fire in the book of Acts. It seems that if we let Him tame the tongue then we are endued with power from on high.]

Where did Messiah's word come from?

John 14:24
    These words you hear are not my own ; they belong to the Father who sent me.
    NIV

John 7:16-18

16 Jesus answered, “My teaching is not my own . It comes from him who sent me. 17 If anyone chooses to do God's will, he will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own.
    NIV

There are a few more points that you brought up, and I have skipped them. I will address them, I promise

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi shania,
    Carry on your good work.
    The vine is more alike to the branches than to the Gardener

Shania
    Participant

[or “Alpha and Omega” (Rev 22:13)

Rev 22:12-13

12 “Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
    NIV

Col 1:15-20

15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For by [en:1722] him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by [dia:1223] him and for [eis:1519] him.

Greek words have many meanings. Here are the following:
    NT:1722 en
    [This word can be translated as “for (… sake of)”]

NT:1223 dia (dee-ah'); a primary preposition denoting the channel of an act; through (in very wide applications, local, causal, or occasional):
    KJV – after, always, among, at, to avoid, because of (that), briefly, by, for (cause). ..fore, from, in, by occasion of, of, by reason of, for sake, that, thereby, therefore, though, through (-out), to, wherefore, with (-in). In composition it retains the same general import.

[This word can be translated as “for (cause)”]

NT:1519 eis (ice); a primary preposition; to or into (indicating the point reached or entered), of place, time, or (figuratively) purpose (result, etc.); also in adverbial phrases:

KJV – [abundantly-], against, among, as, at, [back-] ward, before, by, concerning, continual, far more exceeding, for [intent, purposefore],, forth, in (among, at, unto, -so much that, -to), to the intent that, of one mind, never, of, (up-) on, perish, set at one again, (so) that, therefore (-unto), throughout, til, to (be, the end, -ward), (here-) until (-to), … ward, [wherefore-], with. Often used in composition with the same general import, but only with verbs (etc.) expressing motion (literally or figuratively).

(Biblesoft's New Exhaustive Strong's Numbers and Concordance with Expanded Greek-Hebrew Dictionary. Copyright © 1994, 2003 Biblesoft, Inc. and International Bible Translators, Inc.)

Due to the definition of these words, the verse can be translated:

15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For [the sake of] him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created [because of] him and for [the intent, purpose of] him.

You see, He was the point of all creation. He was the 2nd Adam. He was what man was intended to be all along. He was the firstborn among the dead because he was the first one to do it right. He restored the contract. He is our mediator. He was the original intent. Creation was for Him and those who would come through Him.

This is the rest of that passage:

17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, 20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.
    NIV

Heb 12:23-24
    23 to the church of the firstborn , whose names are written in heaven. You have come to God, the judge of all men, to the spirits of righteous men made perfect, 24 to Jesus the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood that speaks a better word than the blood of Abel.
    NIV

Rom 8:29
    29 For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers.
    NIV

He is the beginning [the purpose of creation; what was intended all along] and the end [all that we need is in Him. There is no other sacrifice. There is no other name. There is no other way]

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Shania,
    Rev 21
    5And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

6And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

7He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

I believe that Rev 22 reflects this truth about God.
    Many voices speak in Revelation and contextual inference can confuse.

Shania
    Participant

so you are saying that Rev 22 is YHWH talking? [Due to YHWH talking in ch. 21?]

Shania
    Participant

It is not said of us that we “laid the foundation of the earth” nor is it said of us that “the heavens are the work of your hands” (Heb 1:10).

Ok- I think this is the last one. Here it is in NIV:

Heb 1:10-12

10 He also says,

“In the beginning, O Lord, you laid the foundations of the earth,
    and the heavens are the work of your hands.
    11 They will perish, but you remain;
    they will all wear out like a garment.
    12 You will roll them up like a robe;
    like a garment they will be changed.
    But you remain the same,
    and your years will never end.”
    NIV

The “He also says” at the beginning would lead you to believe that this is a continuation of thought/ speaking of what the Father says about the son. I went to the greek on this one and the phrase “he also says” is not there. Other translations attest to this:

Heb 1:8-2:1

8 but of the Son (he saith,) Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever; And the sceptre of uprightness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; Therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee With the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning didst lay the foundation of the earth, And the heavens are the works of thy hands:

11 They shall perish; but thou continuest: And they all shall wax old as doth a garment;

12 And as a mantle shalt thou roll them up, As a garment, and they shall be changed: But thou art the same, And thy years shall not fail.

13 But of which of the angels hath he said at any time, Sit thou on my right hand, Till I make thine enemies the footstool of thy feet?

14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to do service for the sake of them that shall inherit salvation?

ASV

Heb 1:8-14

8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:

11 They shall perish; but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment;

12 And as a vesture shalt thou fold them up, and they shall be changed: but thou art the same, and thy years shall not fail.

13 But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?

14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?
    KJV

This is quote that directly speaks about the Father:

Ps 102:24-27
    24 So I said:
    “Do not take me away, O my God, in the midst of my days;
    your years go on through all generations.
    25 In the beginning you laid the foundations of the earth,
    and the heavens are the work of your hands.
    26 They will perish, but you remain;
    they will all wear out like a garment.
    Like clothing you will change them
    and they will be discarded.
    27 But you remain the same,
    and your years will never end.
    NIV

OK- my point is this:

-We know that Heb 1:10 speaks of the Father because it is a quote from the OT about the Father.
    -We know that it is not applied to the son because it does not have, “he also says” before it. [In the original greek manuscript]
    -My belief is that the writer of Hebrews is pausing to affirm how great and awesome our God [the Father] is. He is also giving reason for the Father's authority to place the Son at His right hand. Whenever you see the son's authority in scripture, you see that it came directly from the Father. He is greater. It is obvious. Also, notice that it is the Father who makes the enemies of Jesus the footstool. It is not Jesus directly. Everything that he has and does is from the Father.

-Brothers and sisters, this is how we should walk. Messiah is the second adam. The firstborn among many bretheren.. That means that there are others who are to follow suit. [That would be us] He is a man because we do not have a high priest unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who was tested in every way. [God cannot be tested]

He died physically. [God cannot die. He is eternal] His resurrection is proof that He overcame sin. [You can do this too.]

1 John 2:5-6
    6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.
    NIV

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account