NWT's psalms 51:14

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Since bloodguiltiness according to the NWT footnote literally mean bloods in that verse can a person who used to be in the gang bloods apply the scripture and apply it to themselves and still be harmonious with scripture? Comments and opinions please

14 Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God the God of my salvation,
    That my tongue may joyfully tell about your righteousness.

david
    Participant

Were you in the bloods?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (betweenchristendomandjws @ June 28 2011,23:59)
    Since bloodguiltiness according to the NWT footnote literally mean bloods in that verse can a person who used to be in the gang bloods apply the scripture and apply it to themselves and still be harmonious with scripture? Comments and opinions please

bd
    if you read the context you understand better;

13 Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and ungodly men shall turn to thee. 14 Deliver me from blood-guiltiness, O God, the God of my salvation: and my tongue shall joyfully declare thy righteousness. 15 O Lord, thou shalt open my lips; and my mouth shall declare thy praise. 16 For if thou desiredst sacrifice, I would have given it: thou wilt not take pleasure in whole-burnt-offerings. 17 Sacrifice to God is a broken spirit: a broken and humbled heart God will not despise.

1Co 11:27 Therefore, whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of sinning against the body and blood of the Lord.

Ac 18:6 But when the Jews opposed Paul and became abusive, he shook out his clothes in protest and said to them, “Your blood be on your own heads! I am clear of my responsibility. From now on I will go to the Gentiles.”
    Ac 20:26 Therefore, I declare to you today that I am innocent of the blood of all men.

i think Paul make it clear what Ps 51;14 his about

Pierre

Quote (terraricca @ June 28 2011,17:48)

Quote (betweenchristendomandjws @ June 28 2011,23:59)

bd
    if you read the context you understand better;

13 Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and ungodly men shall turn to thee. 14 Deliver me from blood-guiltiness, O God, the God of my salvation: and my tongue shall joyfully declare thy righteousness. 15 O Lord, thou shalt open my lips; and my mouth shall declare thy praise. 16 For if thou desiredst sacrifice, I would have given it: thou wilt not take pleasure in whole-burnt-offerings. 17 Sacrifice to God is a broken spirit: a broken and humbled heart God will not despise.

1Co 11:27 Therefore, whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of sinning against the body and blood of the Lord.

Ac 18:6 But when the Jews opposed Paul and became abusive, he shook out his clothes in protest and said to them, “Your blood be on your own heads! I am clear of my responsibility. From now on I will go to the Gentiles.”
    Ac 20:26 Therefore, I declare to you today that I am innocent of the blood of all men.

i think Paul make it clear what Ps 51;14 his about

Pierre

Not following you, I THINK your confusing the word lord in the psalms verse to be talking about Jesus and then trying to connect it to Jesus ransom sacrifice. I disagree and believe that the word lord was a replacement for YHWH.

@David: No i'm not in the bloods, I was just wondering if an ex bllod member can use that scripture without taking it out of context.

My personal opinion is yes because David was praying to be delivered from bloodgulitiness and Bloods are very bloodguilty. They even consider killing a blessing!!!!!!!!!!!! They give killing the term bless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway opinions anyone?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account