Numbers 22:21-35

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    kerwin
    Participant

George,

We study what each scripture states about the bodies of angels to learn about the bodies of angels.

The purpose is to find out to what degree this knowledge reflects on the resurrection of the dead to come.

kerwin
    Participant

Mike,

Though I may disagree with you about what a spiritual body is I do agree with the vast majority of your last post to me.  

I agree that in the case of Balaam and his donkey the angel was obviously not in another dimension but I cannot conclude from that the heavens do not exist in other dimensions.   On the other hand heaven could be close at hand and I would never know it if God so commanded.

If God desires an angel could walk though us and we would never know.  With God two objects can occupy the same space if such is not evil for all things are possible with God but evil.

Baker
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Jan. 07 2011,18:45)
    George,

We study what each scripture states about the bodies of angels to learn about the bodies of angels.  

The purpose is to find out to what degree this knowledge reflects on the resurrection of the dead  to come.

I don't understand what you mean; what do angels have to do with the resurrection of the dead?

Georg

kerwin
    Participant

Georg,

Their bodies have similarities to that of Jesus who was resurected from the dead. He is an example of what we will be.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Jan. 08 2011,22:11)
    Georg,

Their bodies have similarities to that of Jesus who was resurected from the dead.  He is an example of what we will be.

Kerwin

right now Jesus is the exception,not the rule,

angel means messenger, and so are part of the great work of God to bring all thing into God by helping men to see God.

and what is your take on this anyway??
    Pierre

kerwin
    Participant

Pierre,

I believe God uses angels as messengers because he is separated from us by our sins.

Instead He may use them just because that is what he chooses to do.

What are your thoughts on the matter?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Jan. 10 2011,02:49)
    Pierre,

I believe God uses angels as messengers because he is separated from us by our sins.  

Instead He may use them just because that is what he chooses to do.

What are your thoughts on the matter?

Kerwin

how did you came to ask that question ??

are you still in the dark??

Pierre

kerwin
    Participant

Pierre,

I am not yet like Christ and so it follows I am not completely out of the dark.  

When I have learned all that Jesus teaches then I will be like the teacher even as he teaches us.

Luke 6:40(NIV) reads:

The student is not above the teacher, but everyone who is fully trained will be like their teacher.

Baker
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Jan. 08 2011,15:11)
    Georg,

Their bodies have similarities to that of Jesus who was resurected from the dead.  He is an example of what we will be.

You do know there are two resurrections, right?
    The “first” is for the saints, those that were chosen to reign with Christ; they are the “only once” that will be resurrected with a “spirit” body.
    The rest of the dead will be resurrected during Christ's reign, in the millennium. They all will have a flesh and blood body, just as we have now; only it will be a new and healthy body.

Georg

kerwin
    Participant

Georg,

All true students are called saints.  I believe you are speaking of martyrs.  I will have to look it up.  Revelations 20:4 specifically mentions those that beheaded because of the name of Christ.  That could be just one example of the types of martyrdom they suffered or a specific type of they suffered.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Jan. 11 2011,16:14)
    Georg,

All true students are called saints.  I believe you are speaking of martyrs.  I will have to look it up.  Revelations 20:4 specifically mentions those that beheaded because of the name of Christ.  That could be just one example of the types of martyrdom they suffered or a specific type of they suffered.

That same verse speaks of John see the souls of the dead Martyrs that will be resurrected. How do souls look?

Baker
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Jan. 11 2011,21:14)
    Georg,

Beheaded simply means, they gave their life for Jesus.
    Here are saints.

Psa 50:5 Gather my saints together unto me; those that have made a covenant with me by sacrifice.

Psa 116:15 Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints.

Jesus made a covenant in his blood, sacrifice.
    Will any of us go to heaven?

Psa 115:16 The heaven, even the heavens, are the LORD'S: but the earth hath he given to the children of men.

Besides, this is were the saints will do, what they were chosen for, reign with Christ on the earth.

Rev 5:10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

Georg

Baker
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Jan. 11 2011,21:15)

Quote (kerwin @ Jan. 11 2011,16:14)
    Georg,

That same verse speaks of John see the souls of the dead Martyrs that will be resurrected.  How do souls look?

Look in the mirror.

Georg

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Jan. 11 2011,22:04)
    Pierre,

I am not yet like Christ and so it follows I am not completely out of the dark.  

When I have learned all that Jesus teaches then I will be like the teacher even as he teaches us.

Luke 6:40(NIV) reads:

The student is not above the teacher, but everyone who is fully trained will be like their teacher.

Kerwin

what does it mean be like ???

Pierre

kerwin
    Participant

Pierre,

It means to be fully mature in Christ. That is that like him you will at that time choose not to sin even though you are still tempted to the same degree you are now.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Jan. 12 2011,16:05)
    Pierre,

It means to be fully mature in Christ.  That is that like him you will at that time choose not to sin even though you are still tempted to the same degree you are now.

Kerwin

what does it mean being fully mature in Christ ??

Pierre

kerwin
    Participant

Georg,

If I understand you correctly then a soul is a. immaterial being that has the form of the human being’s body it was once housed in. Then what is the difference between a soul and a spirit being?

So you are stating all those who are murdered for Christ take part in the first resurrection. That is certainly a loose interpretation of that scripture in Revelation but entirely plausible.

I believe all human beings will inherit the new earth which is part of the kingdom of heaven as it will have no rebels. I believe this because all people of God are commanded to be meek and the meek will inherit the new earth.

kerwin
    Participant

Pierre,

I already stated what being fully mature in Christ means when I stated “That is that like him you will at that time choose not to sin even though you are still tempted to the same degree you are now.” Jesus taught us how to receive and live by the spirit so that we can obey God’s command to righteous as God is righteous. We do that by faith.

Baker
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Jan. 12 2011,21:01)
    Georg,

If I understand you correctly then a soul is a. immaterial being that has the form of the human being’s body it was once housed in.  Then what is the difference between a soul and a spirit being?

So you are stating all those who are murdered for Christ take part in the first resurrection.  That is certainly a loose interpretation of that scripture in Revelation but entirely plausible.

I believe all human beings will inherit the new earth which is part of the kingdom of heaven as it will have no rebels.   I believe this because all people of God are commanded to be meek and the meek will inherit the new earth.

Kerwin, nowhere in the Bible does it say, you have a soul, you “ARE” a soul. Go back to Gen. and read what it says when God created Adam. Adam “became” a “living soul”, God did not give him a soul. Every living being, animals, birds, fish, insects, “ARE” souls.

1Cr 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

1Cr 15:23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

“afterward they that are Christ's at his coming”, this is speaking of the saints, the “first” resurrection; they are the kings and priests, they are resurrected as “spirit beings”.
    Here is what Peter said.

2Pe 1:4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

“partakers of the divine nature”, meaning, “spirit” nature.

Rev 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the “”first”” resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

You are right, the meek will inherit the earth; but who are the meek? they are all who have listened to the teachings of Jesus during the millennium.

Act 3:23 And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.

Every soul (being/person) will be given plenty of time to learn, if he “WILL NOT” listen, he will die again.
    The “whole earth” will become God's kingdom.

Dan 2:34 Thou sawest till that a stone was cut out without hands, which smote the image upon his feet that were of iron and clay, and brake them to pieces.

The statue represents “ALL” of man made kingdoms/governments.

Dan 2:35 Then was the iron, the clay, the brass, the silver, and the gold, broken to pieces together, and became like the chaff of the summer threshingfloors; and the wind carried them away, that no place was found for them: and “”the stone”” that smote the image became a “”great mountain”” (God's Kingdom), and filled the “”whole earth””.

Georg

kerwin
    Participant

Georg,

Thank you for this conversation.

I do not know anywhere in scripture where is explicitly states that a person is not their souls and I believe that the soul is the essential person. I do know that scripture does show that a person possesses a soul, Psalms 31:7-9, Psalm 26:9, and Psalm 23:3, which, if translated correctly, reasonably means that a person is more than a soul.

In addition the evidence is clear that a soul that is not housed in a living body is not considered to be a living person, Acts 1:3.

I agree that divine nature means a nature controlled by the spirit of righteousness, also known as spiritual nature.

I also agree that all those individuals who obey all of Jesus teaching are meek. In addition I include all those that believe what God states are meek as their belief shows their humility.

I also agree the whole earth will become God’s kingdom.

References:

Psalms 31:7-9(NIV) reads:

I will be glad and rejoice in your love, for you saw my affliction and knew the anguish of my soul.

You have not given me into the hands of the enemy but have set my feet in a spacious place.

Be merciful to me, LORD, for I am in distress; my eyes grow weak with sorrow, my soul and body with grief.

Psalm 26:9(NIV) reads:

Do not take away my soul along with sinners, my life with those who are bloodthirsty,

Psalm 23:3(NIV) reads:

he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake.

Acts 1:3(NIV) reads:

After his suffering, he presented himself to them and gave many convincing proofs that he was alive. He appeared to them over a period of forty days and spoke about the kingdom of God.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 64 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account