Newbie has a question about trinitarianism

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 361 through 380 (of 455 total)
  • Author
    bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Cindy @ July 10 2009,10:07)

Quote (TrinitarianCalvinist27 @ July 10 2009,09:21)

Quote (Cindy @ July 09 2009,13:15)

Quote (TrinitarianCalvinist27 @ July 10 2009,09:11)

Quote (Cindy @ July 09 2009,13:08)

Quote (TrinitarianCalvinist27 @ July 10 2009,08:21)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 09 2009,12:15)
    Hi TC,
    You can offer all the verses you want but no anointed servant of God has taught trinity
    so why do you?

Nick,

Do they actually need to sit down and spell it out for the truth to be known? Have you ever thought that it was known to the people of the Bible and so it wasn't necessary to spell it out in the sky? The Bible gives plenty of evidence of the trinity and yet you choose otherwise. You forget that the Bible was written at a different time, and have you ever thought that maybe they knew God was trinity so it didn't need to be pounded into their heads? Most Christians are trinitarians, and only a small portion deny the deity of Christ. So it aparantly is obvious to our generation too. You are blind to it.

TC27

You are certainly right that most so called Christian believe in the trinity doctrine.  That however does not make it right.  The whole world is being deceived.  Only those who our Almihty God calls out of that system will know the truth.  You have failed to trove to me that the trinity is written in the Bivle and read the post I just made to Nick where I explained that there is no trinity.
    I have said before, that the Apostles did not believe in the trinity.  It was a man made doctrine.
    It was Quintus Septimus Florens Tertullian in before A.D. 230
    who first instituded it.

Peace and Love Irene

Irene,

Just because he was the first one to come up with a name for it does not mean it is not truth. The apostles never said they did not believe in a trinity God. So your standard has to go both ways.

TC27

You are funny, just that the Apostles did not deny it, they did not even heard of it, until that man brought it up.
    Irene

Irene,

You do not speak in a civil manner. It is the anti-trinitarians on here who are the most hostile. All I am doing is trying to speak what I believe. Now, you say they never heard of the trinity docrtine? Really, that is funny, because as far as I recall, Isaiah called Jesus, Mighty God. Paul called Jesus, Great God. Thomas also called Jesus, God. So if they never heard of it, then why do they seem to believe it and profess it?

TC27

Where am I hostile?  That comment I do not like, you now have put me in a wrong attitude because of it.  My gender just came up. So calling someone funny is hostile?  Not in my book.
    I speak not in a civil manner?  If you call that not civil, then what  do you call naughtsy? Calling all non-Trinidadians hostile is slander, and it is not appreciated at all.  I never said that Jesus was not called God.  But that proves not a trinity at all.  The Father is greater then the Son.  And in Ephesians 4:6  … He is above all….
    Deut.4:35
    Deut.6:4
    1Corith.8:4
    That's all folks

Irene

Irene,

What was said about you is false.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Jodi Lee @ July 10 2009,10:52)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 10 2009,10:41)
    Hi Jodi,
    Do you think we can become one with God too just by copying Jesus?

Not by might nor by power but by My Spirit.

Amen Nick,

Yes it is by God's Spirit working in us, as it was God's Spirit working in Jesus.

Thanks for clarifying that!

Amen! and God Bless!

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 10 2009,11:42)

Hi TC,
    You can offer all the verses you want but no anointed servant of God has taught trinity
    so why do you?

Nick,

Do they actually need to sit down and spell it out for the truth to be known? Have you ever thought that it was known to the people of the Bible and so it wasn't necessary to spell it out in the sky? The Bible gives plenty of evidence of the trinity and yet you choose otherwise. You forget that the Bible was written at a different time, and have you ever thought that maybe they knew God was trinity so it didn't need to be pounded into their heads? Most Christians are trinitarians, and only a small portion deny the deity of Christ. So it aparantly is obvious to our generation too. You are blind to it.

TC27

You are certainly right that most so called Christian believe in the trinity doctrine.  That however does not make it right.  The whole world is being deceived.  Only those who our Almighty God calls out of that system will know the truth.  You have failed to prove to me that the trinity is written in the Bible and read the post I just made to Nick where I explained that there is no trinity.
    I have said before, that the Apostles did not believe in the trinity.  It was a man made doctrine.
    It was Quintus Septimius Florence Tertullian in before A.D. 230
    who first instituted it.

Peace and Love Irene

Irene,

Just because he was the first one to come up with a name for it does not mean it is not truth. The apostles never said they did not believe in a trinity God. So your standard has to go both ways.

TC27

You are funny, just that the Apostles did not deny it, they did not even heard of it, until that man brought it up.
    Irene

Irene,

You do not speak in a civil manner. It is the anti-Trinitarians on here who are the most hostile. All I am doing is trying to speak what I believe. Now, you say they never heard of the trinity doctrine? Really, that is funny, because as far as I recall, Isaiah called Jesus, Mighty God. Paul called Jesus, Great God. Thomas also called Jesus, God. So if they never heard of it, then why do they seem to believe it and profess it?

TC27

Where am I hostile?  That comment I do not like, you now have put me in a wrong attitude because of it.  My gender just came up. So calling someone funny is hostile?  Not in my book.
    I speak not in a civil manner?  If you call that not civil, then what  do you call naughty? Calling all non-Trinidadians hostile is slander, and it is not appreciated at all.  I never said that Jesus was not called God.  But that proves not a trinity at all.  The Father is greater then the Son.  And in Ephesians 4:6  … He is above all….
    1Corinth.8:4
    That's all folks

Irene

Irene,

The non trinitarians are most hostile?  Am I not one of them, I do not believe in a trinity.  So I said something false?  Not so!
    And I do not speak in a civil manner?  Can you not read?  We are to debate but not get personal. When you say to someone that they are not civil, or the non trinitarians are hostile, that is getting personal. So rethink this.
    Irene

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Cindy @ July 10 2009,11:54)

Hi TC,
    so why do you?

Nick,

TC27

You are certainly right that most so called Christian believe in the trinity doctrine.  That however does not make it right.  The whole world is being deceived.  Only those who our Almihty God calls out of that system will know the truth.  You have failed to prove to me that the trinity is written in the Bivle and read the post I just made to Nick where I explained that there is no trinity.
    who first instituded it.

Peace and Love Irene

Irene,

TC27

Irene

Irene,

You do not speak in a civil manner. It is the anti-trinitarians on here who are the most hostile. All I am doing is trying to speak what I believe. Now, you say they never heard of the trinity docrtine? Really, that is funny, because as far as I recall, Isaiah called Jesus, Mighty God. Paul called Jesus, Great God. Thomas also called Jesus, God. So if they never heard of it, then why do they seem to believe it and profess it?

TC27

I speak not in a civil manner?  If you call that not civil, then what  do you call naughtsy? Calling all non-Trinidadians hostile is slander, and it is not appreciated at all.  I never said that Jesus was not called God.  But that proves not a trinity at all.  The Father is greater then the Son.  And in Ephesians 4:6  … He is above all….
    That's all folks

Irene

Irene,

The nontrinitarians are most hostile?  I am noe of them, I do not elieve in a trinity.  So I said something false?  Not so!
    And I do not speak in a civil manner?  Can you not read?  
    Irene

Irene,

I said I witness that what they said about you was not right, I am agreeing with you not against you :)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Trinity folly draws contempt to true faith and to the sacred words of God as those outside who do respect them can see they are being abused by teaching what is not written as truth

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 10 2009,11:58)

Quote (Cindy @ July 10 2009,11:54)

Hi TC,
    so why do you?

Nick,

TC27

You are certainly right that most so called Christian believe in the trinity doctrine.  That however does not make it right.  The whole world is being deceived.  Only those who our Almihty God calls out of that system will know the truth.  You have failed to prove to me that the trinity is written in the Bivle and read the post I just made to Nick where I explained that there is no trinity.
    who first instituded it.

Peace and Love Irene

Irene,

TC27

Irene

Irene,

TC27

That's all folks

Irene

Irene,

The nontrinitarians are most hostile?  I am noe of them, I do not elieve in a trinity.  So I said something false?  Not so!
    And I do not speak in a civil manner?  Can you not read?  
    Irene

Irene,

I said I witness that what they said about you was not right, I am agreeing with you not against you :)

I am so sorry I read that wrong.
    Peace and Love Irene

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Cindy @ July 10 2009,12:07)
    I am so sorry I read that wrong.
    Peace and Love Irene

No need to say sorry, I knew something went wrong. perhaps I should have written more clearly what I was saying.

God bless you always!

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (TrinitarianCalvinist27 @ July 10 2009,08:02)
    Bod,

The Bible says that the Son was to be called Immanuel. What Bible do you read?

TC27

The angel told Mary that her child was to be named Jesus.

point of interest:

Matthew's Gospel sees Isaiah's prophecy of the child Immanuel as being fulfilled in the Virgin Birth of Jesus. “The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel”—which means, “God with us.” (Matt. 1:23) Jews are quick to point out the term translated as “virgin” in this passage actually means “young woman,” while Immanuel himself should have been born in Isaiah's own time as a sign to King Ahaz of Judah that his military troubles would be ended: “Before the boy knows enough to reject the wrong and choose the right, the land of the two kings you dread will be laid waste.” (Isa. 7:13-16)

http://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Isaiah

NickHassan
    Participant

Ho Hum BD,
    He was God with us.
    Do you not know the treasures are hidden in a field?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 10 2009,13:17)
    Ho Hum BD,
    He was God with us.
    Do you not know the treasures are hidden in a field?

What about the actual Immanuel why do you discount him?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    Did you think it was a personal name like George or Bill?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 10 2009,13:24)
    Hi BD,
    Did you think it was a personal name like George or Bill?

Isaiah was not talking about Jesus in that scripture if he was the prophecy in that scripture was not fulfilled and historically it was.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    You do not think so?
    But you follow anther master.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 10 2009,13:28)
    Hi BD,
    You do not think so?
    But you follow anther master.

Was that your best answer?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    God visited his people as the NT affirms in the vessel of the Son of God.
    Immanuel

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 10 2009,13:51)
    Hi BD,
    Immanuel

Not the point, God visited his people throughout all time.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    God did dwell with them at times but the predicted arrival of the great prophet and messiah and Son were fulfilled in Jesus.
    Acts3, Jn4, Ps2

Christian Biker
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 10 2009,13:51)
    Hi BD,
    Immanuel

So was it Gods vessel that He created for Himself to visit His people in or did He just pick someone and possess them and visit His people through a shared physical body. The later would not be all that impressive. If Jesus was just a man than the death of the thief next to him could have just as easily been our salvation!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CB,
    Do you doubt Jesus was a man?
    Peter and Paul both affirmed this fact.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CB,
    What does scripture say?

Viewing 20 posts - 361 through 380 (of 455 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account