Newbie has a question about trinitarianism

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 341 through 360 (of 455 total)
  • Author

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 09 2009,13:22)

Quote (TrinitarianCalvinist27 @ July 10 2009,09:03)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 09 2009,12:59)

Quote (TrinitarianCalvinist27 @ July 10 2009,08:21)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 09 2009,12:15)
    Hi TC,
    You can offer all the verses you want but no anointed servant of God has taught trinity
    so why do you?

Nick,

Do they actually need to sit down and spell it out for the truth to be known? Have you ever thought that it was known to the people of the Bible and so it wasn't necessary to spell it out in the sky? The Bible gives plenty of evidence of the trinity and yet you choose otherwise. You forget that the Bible was written at a different time, and have you ever thought that maybe they knew God was trinity so it didn't need to be pounded into their heads? Most Christians are trinitarians, and only a small portion deny the deity of Christ. So it aparantly is obvious to our generation too. You are blind to it.

TC27

Hi TC,
    So all the evidence for a human theory can now be obtained by reading between the lines?

It is no longer necessary to find teachings in the mouth of God's anointed servants?

Is this approved of by the one who said to dig deep and lay our foundation on his teachings?

Following multitudes of other deceived men can only lead to their appointed pit.

Nick,

I never said they didn't teach that Jesus was God. All I said was they do not actually say “trinity or three in one.” That does not mean they do not teach it. You just misunderstand what they say. All the verses I just gave you were proof of that. The prophet Isaiah taught it all over the place.

TC27

Hi TC,
    Show me where one anointed teacher taught God is three in one in the bible.

Suppositions are not enough.
    God is a plain teacher.
    Kids can hear

Nick,

They didn't need to say, “God is three in one.” They said that Jesus was God and Jesus spoke of the Holy Spirit being a part of him. That means that God is three in one.

TC27

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TC,
    So that allows you to teach what scripture does not plainly teach?

Quote (Cindy @ July 09 2009,17:08)

Hi TC,
    You can offer all the verses you want but no anointed servant of God has taught trinity
    so why do you?

Nick,

Do they actually need to sit down and spell it out for the truth to be known? Have you ever thought that it was known to the people of the Bible and so it wasn't necessary to spell it out in the sky? The Bible gives plenty of evidence of the trinity and yet you choose otherwise. You forget that the Bible was written at a different time, and have you ever thought that maybe they knew God was trinity so it didn't need to be pounded into their heads? Most Christians are trinitarians, and only a small portion deny the deity of Christ. So it aparantly is obvious to our generation too. You are blind to it.

TC27

You are certainly right that most so called Christian believe in the trinity doctrine.  That however does not make it right.  The whole world is being deceived.  Only those who our Almighty God calls out of that system will know the truth.  You have failed to prove to me that the trinity is written in the Bible, and read the post I just made to Nick, where I explained that there is no trinity.
    I have said before, that the Apostles did not believe in the trinity.  It was a man made doctrine.
    It was Quintus Septimius Florence Tertullian in before A.D. 230
    who first instituted it.

Peace and Love Irene

Hi Cindy

All you have to do is read the writings of many of the church Fathers like Ignatious who writes of the Father and Jesus and the Holy Spirit as God!

Ignatius was a disciple of John.

Ignatius a desciple of John around 100 AD wrote…

Chapter XV.—Exhortation to confess Christ by silence as well as speech.

*Our Lord and God, Jesus Christ*, the Son of the living God, first did and then taught, as Luke testifies, “whose praise is in the Gospel through all the Churches. 2 Cor. viii. 18. There is nothing which is hid from the Lord, but our very secrets are near to Him. Let us therefore do all things as those who have Him dwelling in us, that we may be His temples,1 Cor. vi. 19. and He may be in us as God. Let Christ speak in us, even as He did in Paul. Let the Holy Spirit teach us to speak the things of Christ in like manner as He did.

Click her for Ignatius writings

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    The Lord is the Spirit.
    Jesus and the Father are one in that Spirit since the Jordan

KangarooJack
    Participant

Immanuel is not the name of Jesus
    and Jesus is not the name of God

do you just pick anything out and attach it to God?

bd,
    Where have you been guy? The name “Jesus” means “Jehovah saves.” The angel commanded Joseph to name the child “Jehovah saves.” Was the angel drunk when he said this?

thinker

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 09 2009,17:37)
    Hi WJ,
    The Lord is the Spirit.

Hi NH

Jesus and the Father are “In the Spirit”? Is there a scripture for that?

How about “The Lord is that Spirit”?

WJ

Jodi Lee
    Participant

Hi TC27,

Just what made the baby, God?

The fact that he needed EVERYTHING from the Father?
    The fact that he grew in wisdom?
    The fact that he needed the Holy Spirit?
    How about the fact that he died?

I find your idea of Jesus being fully man and fully God even more unreasonable. Could you explain that and back it up with scripture please? If a person is FULLY human that would mean that NO PART of that person could possibly be God. If someone is FULLY God then NO PART of that fullness would then be human. So what you say is truly impossible and absolutely ridiculous.

God is directly identified in scripture to be ONE person the Father,

Eph 4:6 one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

Jesus is directly identified as being a man

Ac 2:22 “Men of Israel, hear these words: Jesus of Nazareth, a Man attested by God to you by miracles, wonders, and signs which God did through Him in your midst, as you yourselves also know–

And then we have this,

1Cor. 8:5 even as there are many Gods and many Lords, nevertheless for us there is one God, the Father, out of Whom all is, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through Whom all is.

Show me scripture that says God is three persons in one? and how do you then explain the above scriptures to support your doctrine?

How exactly is Jesus equal to the Father? In what way? Power, wisdom, authority? Jesus is shown to be inferior before and after his resurrection to the Father in all the things listed.  As well it is also said that Jesus has a God, and that God is the Father. Individuals are not equal to their God. Jesus will be subjected to the Father, that means that he is not equal with the Father. Jesus is raised an immortal human being, the Father is not an immortal human being, so Jesus is not physically equal to the Father either.

So HOW is it exactly that you think Jesus is equal to the Father? How exactly is it that Jesus is equal to his God?

Phil 2:5 Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, 6 who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God,

Jesus was in the form of God and how did he get to be in that form, By HIMSELF?

NO!

Scripture says,

Lu 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised

Matthew20:23 And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of my Father.

Matthew 12:18 “Behold! My Servant whom I have chosen, My Beloved in whom My soul is well pleased! I will put My Spirit upon Him, And He will declare justice to the Gentiles.

John 5:19 Then Jesus answered and said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, but what He sees the Father do; for whatever He does, the Son also does in like manner

John 8:28 Then Jesus said to them, “When you lift up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am He, and that I do nothing of Myself; but as My Father taught Me, I speak these things.

The biblical fact is that Jesus came in the form of the one true God the Father, because the Father MADE HIM THAT WAY, otherwise Jesus could do NOTHING, he would have been just a man, not a man with the form of God performing great miracles and wonders.

Phil 2:7 but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross.

Jesus the man born of a woman in the flesh with the blood of David, given by the one God the Father, the Father's powers, did not make a reputation of himself. Instead of following his own will and using God's powers for his own gain, he humbled himself and was found himself still in the appearance of a man.

Could we ALL just imagine for a minute what it might have FELT like to be given the power and wisdom that Jesus was given. You would seriously find yourself almost outside yourself. When the Spirit descended on Jesus just prior to his working of miracles and wonders, you don't think that Jesus did not FEEL like a human? He had God's powers, he must of felt like he himself was God. But in that FORM he did not consider himself to be God, he had to humble himself and though he felt like God, he kept himself in the form of a man, remaining a servant to God EVEN through DEATH. Jesus was truly a great man, and a great example for us to live by. In all that he was given he used it for God's will only.

9 Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, 11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Jesus is master to the glory of God the Father.  We praise Jesus and follow him as our master to the glory of the Father, BECAUSE it was the FATHER who made Jesus the perfect man, and thus able to pay for our sins with his death.

Please think on the scriptures,

Peace to you, Jodi

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 10 2009,09:41)

Hi WJ,
    The Lord is the Spirit.

Hi NH

WJ

Hi BD,
    The Lord is the Spirit.
    My Father and I will come to You.
    The Spirit is ONE uniting all who LIVE in God's Spirit.

God shall be in all.

KangarooJack
    Participant

Jodi Lee said:

Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, 11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Jodi,
    Yes indeed! His name is “Jesus” which means “Jehovah saves.” IT IS NOT FATHER'S NAME! You can't see the forest through the trees.

thinker

Christian Biker
    Participant

And there you have nick just admitted the trinity is true.
    July 10, 9:37
    “Jesus and the Father are one in that Spirit since the Jordan”
    July 10 6:23
    “Jesus did not teach that He was God but told us the Father is his God and our God.”

Jesus and the Father one, and the Father is God

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CB,
    There is no trinity in scripture.

God unites us in Christ in the fellowship of His Spirit but that does not make us God does it?

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 09 2009,17:48)

Hi WJ,
    The Lord is the Spirit.

Hi NH

WJ

Hi BD,
    The Lord is the Spirit.

God shall be in all.

Hi NH

You are getting there!

WJ

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (TrinitarianCalvinist27 @ July 10 2009,09:21)

Quote (Cindy @ July 09 2009,13:15)

Quote (TrinitarianCalvinist27 @ July 10 2009,09:11)

Quote (Cindy @ July 09 2009,13:08)

Hi TC,
    so why do you?

Nick,

TC27

You are certainly right that most so called Christian believe in the trinity doctrine.  That however does not make it right.  The whole world is being deceived.  Only those who our Almihty God calls out of that system will know the truth.  You have failed to trove to me that the trinity is written in the Bivle and read the post I just made to Nick where I explained that there is no trinity.
    I have said before, that the Apostles did not believe in the trinity.  It was a man made doctrine.
    It was Quintus Septimus Florens Tertullian in before A.D. 230
    who first instituded it.

Peace and Love Irene

Irene,

Just because he was the first one to come up with a name for it does not mean it is not truth. The apostles never said they did not believe in a trinity God. So your standard has to go both ways.

TC27

You are funny, just that the Apostles did not deny it, they did not even heard of it, until that man brought it up.
    Irene

Irene,

You do not speak in a civil manner. It is the anti-trinitarians on here who are the most hostile. All I am doing is trying to speak what I believe. Now, you say they never heard of the trinity docrtine? Really, that is funny, because as far as I recall, Isaiah called Jesus, Mighty God. Paul called Jesus, Great God. Thomas also called Jesus, God. So if they never heard of it, then why do they seem to believe it and profess it?

TC27

Where am I hostile? That comment I do not like, you now have put me in a wrong attitude because of it. My gender just came up. So calling someone funny is hostile? Not in my book.
    I speak not in a civil manner? If you call that not civil, then what do you call naughtsy? Calling all non-Trinidadians hostile is slander, and it is not appreciated at all. I never said that Jesus was not called God. But that proves not a trinity at all. The Father is greater then the Son. And in Ephesians 4:6 … He is above all….
    Deut.4:35
    Deut.6:4
    1Corith.8:4
    That's all folks

Irene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TC,
    Jesus taught us that the Father was God but he keeps getting ignored.
    Men want to worship the amazing vessel instead of God living within him.

KangarooJack
    Participant

Irene said;

Calling all non-Trinidadians hostile is slander, and it is not appreciated at all.

And calling trinitarians “ungodly” is also slander. You called trinitarians “ungodly' a couple of days ago. You have no right to judge another man's servant.  

I never said that Jesus was not called God.  But that proves not a trinity at all.

Contradiction  

The Father is greater then the Son.  And in Ephesians 4:6  … He is above all….

And Christ is ALL IN ALL (Colossians 3:17).

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    So who do the ALL comprise?

Jodi Lee
    Participant

Quote (Christian Biker @ July 10 2009,09:54)
    And there you have nick just admitted the trinity is true.
    July 10, 9:37
    “Jesus and the Father are one in that Spirit since the Jordan”
    July 10 6:23
    “Jesus did not teach that He was God but told us the Father is his God and our God.”

Jesus and the Father one, and the Father is God

John 10:29 My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father's hand. 30 I and My Father are one.” 31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone Him. 32 Jesus answered them, “Many good works I have shown you from My Father. For which of those works do you stone Me?” 33 The Jews answered Him, saying, “For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy, and because You, being a Man, make Yourself God.” 34 Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your law, 'I said, “You are gods” '? 35 If He called them gods, to whom the word of God came (and the Scripture cannot be broken), 36 do you say of Him whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, 'You are blaspheming,' because I said, 'I am the Son of God'? 37 If I do not do the works of My Father, do not believe Me; 38 but if I do, though you do not believe Me, believe the works, that you may know and believe that the Father is in Me, and I in Him.”

John 14:28 You have heard Me say to you, 'I am going away and coming back to you.' If you loved Me, you would rejoice because I said, 'I am going to the Father,' for My Father is greater than I. 29 And now I have told you before it comes, that when it does come to pass, you may believe. 30 I will no longer talk much with you, for the ruler of this world is coming, and he has nothing in Me. 31 But that the world may know that I love the Father, and as the Father gave Me commandment, so I do. Arise, let us go from here.

1 Corinthians 11:1 Imitate me, just as I also imitate Christ. 2 Now I praise you, brethren, that you remember me in all things and keep the traditions just as I delivered them to you. 3 But I want you to know that the head of every man is Christ, the head of woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.

1 Corinthians 3:21 Therefore let no one boast in men. For all things are yours: 22 whether Paul or Apollos or Cephas, or the world or life or death, or things present or things to come–all are yours. 23 And you are Christ's, and Christ is God's.

John 6:38 For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me.

Ephesians 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, To the saints who are in Ephesus, and faithful in Christ Jesus: 2 Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, 4 just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, 5 having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, 6 to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He has made us accepted in the Beloved. 7 In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace 8 which He made to abound toward us in all wisdom and prudence, 9 having made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His good pleasure which He purposed in Himself, 10 that in the dispensation of the fullness of the times He might gather together in one all things in Christ, both  which are in heaven and which are on earth–in Him. 11 In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will, 12 that we who first trusted in Christ should be to the praise of His glory. 13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, 14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.

15 Therefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints, 16 do not cease to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers: 17 that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him, 18 the eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, 19 and what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who believe, according to the working of His mighty power 20 which He worked in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places, 21 far above all principality and power and might and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in that which is to come. 22 And He put all things under His feet, and gave Him to be head over all things to the church, 23 which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.

Jesus was a man and he was ONE with our Almighty Father because he did the Father's work, he followed perfectly the Father's will, and he exemplified the Father's righteous character. If we are one with Jesus and follow his example we too are ONE with the Father. We are not God and neither is Jesus, there is only ONE true God and that is said to be the Father. Jesus is a man and he is returning as a man to continue to carry out his God's will.

Please think on the scriptures,

Peace to you, Jodi

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    Do you think we can become one with God too just by copying Jesus?

Not by might nor by power but by My Spirit.

Jodi Lee
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 10 2009,10:41)
    Hi Jodi,
    Do you think we can become one with God too just by copying Jesus?

Not by might nor by power but by My Spirit.

Amen Nick,

Yes it is by God's Spirit working in us, as it was God's Spirit working in Jesus.

Thanks for clarifying that!

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 10 2009,10:05)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 09 2009,17:48)

Hi WJ,
    The Lord is the Spirit.

Hi NH

WJ

Hi BD,
    The Lord is the Spirit.

God shall be in all.

Hi NH

You are getting there!

WJ

Hi WJ,

But unity in the Spirit of God does not allow teaching that there is a binity or a trinity or more fanciful ideas.

Viewing 20 posts - 341 through 360 (of 455 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account