Newbie has a question about trinitarianism

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 455 total)
  • Author
    bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ July 07 2009,04:03)
    bodhitharta said:

Can God Himself die for you or anyone else?

bd,
    Acts 20:28 says this,

Feed the church of God which He has purchased with His own blood

And,

Be not afraid; I am the First and the last. I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore Amen (Rev. 1:17)

These dispel your Gnostic belief that God cannot die.

thinker

first of all the person who made your first quote also said this:

Acts 20

26 wherefore I take you to witness this day, that I [am] clear from the blood of all,

secondly they said this:

1 Corinthians 15

50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

Third of All God is a Spirit, do spirits have blood now?

Rev 1:17 does not say anything about being God, Jesus was the first and last born of a virgin but that doesn't make him God.

If you say that he is saying he is God it would god against God being Eternal, Everlasting or Everliving

So is God not really Eternal, Everlasting or Everliving?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Country boy @ July 07 2009,01:15)

Quote (Cindy @ July 06 2009,21:07)

Quote (TrinitarianCalvinist27 @ July 06 2009,15:38)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 05 2009,19:29)
    Hi TC,
    You said God was in him and now you say he is God.
    Which is it?

Have you found your trinity god in his mouth yet?
    If not whose foundation do you rest on?

Nick,

It's both. This is God we are talking about. He is able to do anything he wants, including being three persons. You are a human and cannot fathom such power; that is the problem here.

TC27

That is almost funny, if it wouldn't be so sad.  God is all powerful, but is not a trinity.  That was created by a man.  Tertullian, and not God.  You will not find the trinity written anywhere in the Bible.  You can't prove it to me.  Yet I can prove that the doctrine is false.
    By Jesus own words.  And to say that since He is risen makes a difference is ridiculous.  Your the problem.
    You really need to study this.
    I already gave you all the Scriptures that prove it. Look it up.
    Irene

You can prove it from scripture? You can show me where Jesus said that he is not God? And you can negate all the passages where he clearly says that he is? I'll be looking forward to this.

Jesus himself said that The Father was THE ONLY TRUE GOD.
    Do you believe what Jesus said or was Jesus mistaken?

John 17

3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

These are the words of Jesus addressing the Heavenly Father Jesus said he glorified the only true God

is Jesus wrong?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 07 2009,04:30)

Quote (thethinker @ July 07 2009,04:03)
    bodhitharta said:

Can God Himself die for you or anyone else?

bd,
    Acts 20:28 says this,

Feed the church of God which He has purchased with His own blood

And,

Be not afraid; I am the First and the last. I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore Amen (Rev. 1:17)

These dispel your Gnostic belief that God cannot die.

thinker

first of all the person who made your first quote also said this:

Acts 20

26 wherefore I take you to witness this day, that I [am] clear from the blood of all,

secondly they said this:

1 Corinthians 15

50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

Rev 1:17 does not say anything about being God, Jesus was the first and last born of a virgin but that doesn't make him God.

If you say that he is saying he is God it would god against God being Eternal, Everlasting or Everliving

Hi TT,
    Was Paul a gnostic or are you confused?
    He told Timothy about the Immortality of God.

Does God have human body with blood or was He referring to the family blood of His Son?

KangarooJack
    Participant

bodhitharta said;

Yes, God cannot lie but that quote in Hebrews was not spoken by God nor was it attributed to be God speaking as I have shown you several times it was not a prophecy it was a poet speaking on the greatnest of his king.

bd,
    You have shown me nothing because I reject the Quran.

thinker

KangarooJack
    Participant

bodhitharta said:

1 Corinthians 15

bd,
    Why do you keep invoking Paul's statement when you believe he was a false prophet? This makes no sense. The statement about flesh and blood not inheriting the kingdom was spoken by Paul. It has nothing to do with our subject. Paul was speaking about the resurrection. We can't go to heaven in these bodies.

Revelation does NOT say that Jesus was the First and the last born of a virgin. He said that He is the First and the Last. In verse 8 he said He was the “almighty.”

thinker

KangarooJack
    Participant

bodhitharta said:

John 17

3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

These are the words of Jesus addressing the Heavenly Father Jesus said he glorified the only true God

is Jesus wrong?

You left out the part where Jesus said that He would return to the glory He had TOGETHER WITH the Father before the world began. This was blasphemous because God said that He would not give His glory to another,

For how should My name be profaned? And I will not give My glory to another (Isaiah 48:11)

Was Jesus a profaner and a blasphemer?

thinker

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ July 07 2009,08:23)
    bodhitharta said;

Yes, God cannot lie but that quote in Hebrews was not spoken by God nor was it attributed to be God speaking as I have shown you several times it was not a prophecy it was a poet speaking on the greatnest of his king.

bd,

thinker

What does that have to do with biblical facts that I show you? Does your rejection of the Quran limit your capacity to read the scriptures you do believe in?

Ignorance is no excuse.

Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 05 2009,03:55)

Quote (thethinker @ July 04 2009,11:51)
    bodhitharta said:

So you admit that Jesus did not break the Sabbath?

Jesus showed them that they were not applying the law correctly and taught them it was lawful to do good on the Sabbath.

bd,
    Jesus said that the priests profaned the sabbath but were blameless in doing so.

Or have you not read in the law that on the sabbath the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless (Matt. 12:5)

Though Jesus justified the priests He did not deny that they still profaned the sabbath. Jesus broke the sabbath. The insopired apostle John says he did. So there is no question that he did. The question was whether or not He was justified in breaking it.

If I was sitting at a red light and saw a man abduct a child and speed away in a car and I ran the red light to catch up with him I still broke the law. And if I was caught running the red light and I explained to the officer what had happened he would probably not cite me though he could because technically I had still broken the law. He would get in his car and on his radio and pursue the car I described.

Jesus broke the letter of the law. John said that Jesus broke the sabbath. There is no question about it. The question is whether or not He was justified in breaking the sabbath.

thinker

HI Jack

God is above the law that was given man for he is the creator and cannot break his own law for it does not apply to him.

If God takes a mans life then no one can call him a murderer for he gave that life.

WJ

Hi WJ:

And so, God can break His own laws? It is do as I say not as I do?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ July 07 2009,08:31)
    bodhitharta said:

1 Corinthians 15

bd,
    Why do you keep invoking Paul's statement when you believe he was a false prophet? This makes no sense. The statement about flesh and blood not inheriting the kingdom was spoken by Paul. It has nothing to do with our subject. Paul was speaking about the resurrection. We can't go to heaven in these bodies.

Revelation does NOT say that Jesus was the First and the last born of a virgin. He said that He is the First and the Last. In verse 8 he said He was the “almighty.”

thinker

Jesus did not have a different type of Body after being raised from the dead.

He still ate and still beared scars and he told Mary not to touch him because he had not ascended yet but he was taken up to heaven alive.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ July 07 2009,08:37)
    bodhitharta said:

John 17

is Jesus wrong?

You left out the part where Jesus said that He would return to the glory He had TOGETHER WITH the Father before the world began. This was blasphemous because God said that He would not give His glory to another,

For how should My name be profaned? And I will not give My glory to another (Isaiah 48:11)

Was Jesus a profaner and a blasphemer?

thinker

It doesn't say that Jesus had the Glory of God but that he had Glory in the presence of God. Jesus never had God's glory and when God willing God glorifies you you will not have God's Glory either. In fact all men were given glory

Psalm 8:4-6 (King James Version)

4What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?

5For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.

6Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet:

1 Chronicles 16
    27 Glory and honour are in his presence; strength and gladness are in his place.

Psalm 3
    3 But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head.

This is said in the Quran too is it wrong?

1 Chronicles 29:10-12 (King James Version)

10Wherefore David blessed the LORD before all the congregation: and David said, Blessed be thou, LORD God of Israel our father, for ever and ever.

11Thine, O LORD is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty: for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all.

12Both riches and honour come of thee, and thou reignest over all; and in thine hand is power and might; and in thine hand it is to make great, and to give strength unto all.

Jesus said that this was true Forever and this is about The God of Israel “Our Father” Jesus is not “Our Father” is he?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    Similarity to the words of scripture in another book give no validity to that book do they?

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 07 2009,09:47)

Quote (thethinker @ July 07 2009,08:23)
    bodhitharta said;

bd,

thinker

What does that have to do with biblical facts that I show you? Does your rejection of the Quran limit your capacity to read the scriptures you do believe in?

Ignorance is no excuse.

bd,
    What are you talking about? You say that the Quran denies the authenticity of Hebrews 1 and that God did not address the Son as “God” and attribute the creation to Him. I reject your Quran.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    Deception tries to correct the Word of God.

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 07 2009,10:41)
    Hi BD,
    Similarity to the words of scripture in another book give no validity to that book do they?

Hi Nick:

Obviously, somebody read the bible, and took of theirs and put them together to form a new revelation.

Love in Christ,
    Mart

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 05 2009,19:44)
    Hi TC,
    So Jesus is God and a trinity god, including Jesus, is in Christ?
    I am losing count

Nick,

Why is this so hard? The Father, the Son, and The Holy Spirit are three persons existing in ONE God. That makes THREE persons. One, two, three. I hope my counting helped you out.

However, there is ONE GOD.

TC27

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (TrinitarianCalvinist27 @ July 07 2009,13:59)

Hi TC,
    I am losing count

Nick,

Why is this so hard? The Father, the Son, and The Holy Spirit are three persons existing in ONE God. That makes THREE persons. One, two, three. I hope my counting helped you out.

TC27

Nonsense!

non⋅sense  /ˈnɒnsɛns, -səns/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [non-sens, -suhns] Show IPA
    Use nonsense in a Sentence
    –noun 1. words or language having little or no sense or meaning.

I hope the definition helped you out? :;):

Love,
    Mandy

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TC,
    You say that but scripture does not.
    Why would you preach what God has not taught?

There is no trinity in the holy scriptures which we are meant to lay our foundations on.
    It sprang from the foolish minds of men.

Not3in1
    Participant

TC27,

Church History (Twenty Centuries of Catholic Christianity) by John C. Dwyer. Check it out. It's one of the most amazing books on Church history that I've read to date. Your traditional views may be challenged in a way you never imagined.

Participant

Hi TC,
    I am losing count

Nick,

TC27

Hi TC:

It is God in as many persons as have been born again.  The scripture states that he is the first born from the dead, and so beginning from the head down to tinest member of the body, our God dwells within us by His Spirit.

Already quoted you this from Ephesians 4, but you said it was irrelevant.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Cindy
    Participant

Hi TC,
    I am losing count

Nick,

TC27

So, did you prove it.  No! There is no trinity doctrine.
    by Jesus own words He said that the Father is greater then He.
    In Ephesians 4:6  ….one God and Father of all, who is above all and in us all. There are other Scriptures in the O.T. but these 2 Scriptures are the best once. IMO
    The trinity doctrine is a man made doctrine not a Godly doctrine. Also if the Holy Spirit would be a person then he would be the Father of Jesus.  No way.  You are so fumy to say to Nick what you did. He is far more educated in the Scriptures then you are.
    Irene

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 455 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account