Newbie has a question about trinitarianism

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 455 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    Indeed as Lk 3 calls Adam a son of God and Deut 14 also calls Israel sons.
    However Jesus makes it plain that some at least had become children of the devil.

He commanded rebirth and he is Lord.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 05 2009,12:20)
    Hi BD,
    Indeed as Lk 3 calls Adam a son of God and Deut 14 also calls Israel sons.
    However Jesus makes it plain that some at least had become children of the devil.

He commanded rebirth and he is Lord.

Yes, If a person takes for a guardian the devil then he is their Father because the one whom you serve is your guardian, your protector and in fact your parent.

As God says:

Malachi 3

17 And they shall be mine, saith the LORD of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels; and I will spare them, as a man spareth his own son that serveth him.

18 Then shall ye return, and discern between the righteous and the wicked, between him that serveth God and him that serveth him not.

Pay special attention to verse 17

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 04 2009,13:25)
    Hi TC,
    Good stuff.
    So God was in Christ Jesus.

Now is the God who was in Jesus the trinity god you have espoused?
    Does that not make four?

Nick,

You just twist everything. God being in Jesus does not mean I am saying that there are four persons. I agree that the Father was in The Son reconciling the world to Himself. However, I believe that Jesus is God at the same time. You forget that when I say Jesus is God, I am not saying that he is the Father. The Father is a separate person from the Son. And the Holy Spirit is separate from the other two. However, together they are all one God. God is a general term used to refer to the Father, but really God means the combination of all three persons. You forget that a singular word can imply plurality. Example: Class- many students. Nation- many citizens. Family- many members. You just don't get it. God- three persons. It isn't hard.

TC27

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TC,
    Really?
    So Jesus is not a person that God indwelled just as God can indwell us?[jn17]

God has several meanings then according to your current trinity mindset?
    It must make it hard to read scriptures like acts 10.38.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (TrinitarianCalvinist27 @ July 06 2009,08:20)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 04 2009,13:25)
    Hi TC,
    Good stuff.
    So God was in Christ Jesus.

Now is the God who was in Jesus the trinity god you have espoused?
    Does that not make four?

Nick,

You just twist everything. God being in Jesus does not mean I am saying that there are four persons. I agree that the Father was in The Son reconciling the world to Himself. However, I believe that Jesus is God at the same time. You forget that when I say Jesus is God, I am not saying that he is the Father. The Father is a separate person from the Son. And the Holy Spirit is separate from the other two. However, together they are all one God. God is a general term used to refer to the Father, but really God means the combination of all three persons. You forget that a singular word can imply plurality. Example: Class- many students. Nation- many citizens. Family- many members. You just don't get it. God- three persons. It isn't hard.

TC27

Hi TC,
    You present a class in trinity theory but it is not I that twists anything but but it is you who has to change the meaning of GOD to be the Father, or a trinity when it suits your doctrines.

Do you pray to a trinity God…. or to the Father as Jesus did?

If not and you believe God is a trinity… why not?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TC,
    Does God mind you changing how you read GOD to what fits at the time?
    Are there any other examples in scriptures of names being changed according to doctrine?
    Is scripture so inconsistent that you have to make such alterations when it suits the whims of your masters?

The Spirit wrote scripture through men so is it not an insult to God to fiddle about with it in this way?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TC,
    Surely you must be in constant confusion when you read the bible as the word trinity is not found there and yet you think sometimes when it says GOD it means TRINITY GOD

What about the time it says

“For God so loved the world that he gave His own Son..”

Is that one of the times it means trinity god?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TC,
    Since trinity theory leads men into confusion about who God is and how to relate to God
    do you think God will hold to account those who promote it?

Nick,

Actually reading the Scriptures is easy for me. This is because I know who my Jesus is. If you do not realize that Jesus is God, I do not know what to tell you other than this. Read John 1:1, Philippians 2, Acts 20:28, Hebrews 1:8-10, Revelation 1, and well basically the whole Bible. Then tell me who has a hard time fitting the Scriptures to their own beliefs.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TC,
    You said God was in him and now you say he is God.
    Which is it?

Have you found your trinity god in his mouth yet?
    If not whose foundation do you rest on?

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 05 2009,19:29)
    Hi TC,
    Which is it?

Nick,

It's both. This is God we are talking about. He is able to do anything he wants, including being three persons. You are a human and cannot fathom such power; that is the problem here.

TC27

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TC,
    So Jesus is God and a trinity god, including Jesus, is in Christ?
    I am losing count

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (TrinitarianCalvinist27 @ July 06 2009,15:38)

Hi TC,
    Which is it?

Nick,

It's both. This is God we are talking about. He is able to do anything he wants, including being three persons. You are a human and cannot fathom such power; that is the problem here.

TC27

But God doesn´t lie.

He is one. It is the first commandment.

In case you are not sure what that means, then here it is spelled out.

1 Corinthians 8:5-6
    5 For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as indeed there are many “gods” and many “lords”),
    6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

It doesn´t say ¨One God the Father, Son, Spirit¨.

So no point in arguing against scripture. Better to preserve the word of God than the traditions of men.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Hi TC,
    Which is it?

Nick,

TC27

Then why stop at 3 persons would you believe in 100 persons of God? If no why not?

Also you said God can do anything he wants, can God lie?

Can God be unholy?

Can God not be God?

Can God Himself die for you or anyone else?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TC,
    There is a little problem called immortality which God possesses.[1Tim6]
    Your idea that God died doesn't fit

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ July 06 2009,15:54)

Hi TC,
    Which is it?

Nick,

TC27

But God doesn´t lie.

5 For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as indeed there are many “gods” and many “lords”),
    6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

So no point in arguing against scripture. Better to preserve the word of God than the traditions of men.

t8,
    The Father addressed the Son in Hebrews 1:8 calling Him “God.” Then in verse 10 the Father attributed creation to the Son. It couldn't be more plain. You have correctly pointed out that God cannot lie. Ergo….

thinker

Cindy
    Participant

Hi TC,
    Which is it?

Nick,

TC27

That is almost funny, if it wouldn't be so sad. God is all powerful, but is not a trinity. That was created by a man. Tertullian, and not God. You will not find the trinity written anywhere in the Bible. You can't prove it to me. Yet I can prove that the doctrine is false.
    By Jesus own words. And to say that since He is risen makes a difference is ridiculous. Your the problem.
    You really need to study this.
    I already gave you all the Scriptures that prove it. Look it up.
    Irene

Country boy
    Participant

Quote (Cindy @ July 06 2009,21:07)

Hi TC,
    Which is it?

Nick,

TC27

That is almost funny, if it wouldn't be so sad.  God is all powerful, but is not a trinity.  That was created by a man.  Tertullian, and not God.  You will not find the trinity written anywhere in the Bible.  You can't prove it to me.  Yet I can prove that the doctrine is false.
    By Jesus own words.  And to say that since He is risen makes a difference is ridiculous.  Your the problem.
    You really need to study this.
    I already gave you all the Scriptures that prove it. Look it up.
    Irene

You can prove it from scripture? You can show me where Jesus said that he is not God? And you can negate all the passages where he clearly says that he is? I'll be looking forward to this.

KangarooJack
    Participant

bodhitharta said:

Can God Himself die for you or anyone else?

bd,
    Acts 20:28 says this,

Feed the church of God which He has purchased with His own blood

And,

Be not afraid; I am the First and the last. I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore Amen (Rev. 1:17)

These dispel your Gnostic belief that God cannot die.

thinker

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ July 06 2009,19:34)

Quote (t8 @ July 06 2009,15:54)

Hi TC,
    Which is it?

Nick,

TC27

But God doesn´t lie.

t8,
    The Father addressed the Son in Hebrews 1:8 calling Him “God.” Then in verse 10 the Father attributed creation to the Son. It couldn't be more plain. You have correctly pointed out that God cannot lie. Ergo….

thinker

Yes, God cannot lie but that quote in Hebrews was not spoken by God nor was it attributed to be God speaking as I have shown you several times it was not a prophecy it was a poet speaking on the greatnest of his king.

Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 455 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account