New Testament Contradictions

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Phoenix
    Participant

Wow! I havent read all of this but did check out the mix up between Matthew and Luke regarding who Joseph's (Jesus' stepfather) father is.

Happy Read

Hugs
    Phoenix

Quote (Phoenix @ Mar. 16 2007,11:42)
    Wow! I havent read all of this but did check out the mix up between Matthew and Luke regarding who Joseph's (Jesus' stepfather) father is.

Happy Read

Hugs
    Phoenix

Phoenix

Did you check out the writers on that site?

They are “Naturalist”, which are “atheist” who believes that the world can be understood through the physical. A believer in the philosophy of naturalism.

Most of what I could tell of the writings without going in depth
    are fabricated lies!

For instance, they deny the virgin birth of Mary which the scriptures plainly teach…

Matt 1:18
    Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.
    Lk 1:
    26 And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth,
    27 To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary.
    28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.
    29 And when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be.
    30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.
    31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.
    32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
    33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.
    34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?
    35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

They did not mention these scriptures at all, except to say that Mathew and Luke invented the virgin birth!

Any way here is the link to their main page if you hadnt seen it!

http://www.infidels.org

Blessings!

david
    Participant

Phoenix, there are no contradictions.

There aren't. If we encounter seeming discrepancies in the Bible, it is good to realize that people often say things that appear contradictory but are easily explained or understood.
    For instance, a businessman may correspond with someone by dictating a letter to his secretary. If questioned, he would say that he sent the letter. But since his secretary typed and mailed the letter, she could say that she sent it. Similarly, it was not contradictory for Matthew (8:5) to say that an army officer came to ask Jesus a favor, whereas Luke (7:2, 3) said that the man sent representatives.

david
    Participant

Most supposed discrepancies are easily resolved if it is remembered that the writers of the Bible frequently condensed their subject to a few words.

Is 1:18
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Mar. 17 2007,07:48)

Happy Read

Hugs
    Phoenix

Phoenix

They are “Naturalist”, which are “atheist” who believes that the world can be understood through the physical. A believer in the philosophy of naturalism.

are fabricated lies!

For instance, they deny the virgin birth of Mary which the scriptures plainly teach…

Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.
    Lk 1:
    26 And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth,
    27 To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary.
    28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.
    29 And when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be.
    30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.
    31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.
    32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
    33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.
    35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

They did not mention these scriptures at all, except to say that Mathew and Luke invented the virgin birth!

Blessings!

Nice WJ. Phoenix, if you look into these so-called contradictions you will invariably find that they are illegitimate, and even contrived. I come across them from time to time, but have yet to find one that concerned me. All you really have to do is use google – type the verse and the word “contradiction” into the search box, hit enter and and viola…..you will find a good explanation on the first page.

kenrch
    Participant

If you listen to man you will be deceived.  Sooner or later you will be fooled.  Satan is greater than you and I in the flesh, it is only through the Spirit that he is defeated.

The Pope is a man an evil sadistic person who has fooled billions of people.  What truth does the Roman Catholic Church have?

Sorry didn't mean to change the subject or is it really changed?

Rev 12:9 And the great dragon was cast down, the old serpent, he that is called the Devil and Satan, *the deceiver of the whole world*; he was cast down to the earth, and his angels were cast down with him.

IHL,

Ken

OneSpirit
    Participant

Has anyone looked into this one?

The “slaughter of the innocents” (Jeremiah 31:15)
    Matthew says that Herod, in an attempt to kill the newborn Messiah, had all the male children two years old and under put to death in Bethlehem and its environs, and that this was in fulfillment of prophecy.

This is a pure invention on Matthew's part. Herod was guilty of many monstrous crimes, including the murder of several members of his own family. However, ancient historians such as Josephus, who delighted in listing Herod's crimes, do not mention what would have been Herod's greatest crime by far. It simply didn't happen.

The context of Jeremiah 31:15 makes it clear that the weeping is for the Israelites about to be taken into exile in Babylon, and has nothing to do with slaughtered children hundreds of years later.

Phoenix
    Participant

*sigh* I dont know what to think. Some (not all) text on there is correct and different (or contradicts like they say) but some I have come to an understanding, which differs from what they think. WJ it is not the matter of who they are. I like to read the scriptures and see if what they are saying is correct. So far, maybe less than half of what they say is correct.

Hugs
    Phoenix

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi P,
    Stop thinking. Do you have to decide to eat? Scripture is food and your spiritual digestion will improve with three or more good meals a day.We cannot live on bread alone.

Phoenix
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 17 2007,20:16)
    Hi P,
    Stop thinking. Do you have to decide to eat? Scripture is food and your spiritual digestion will improve with three or more good meals a day.We cannot live on bread alone.

LOL I cant help it. Its in my nature. I think too much

Hugs

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ Mar. 17 2007,20:40)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Mar. 17 2007,07:48)

Happy Read

Hugs
    Phoenix

Phoenix

are fabricated lies!

Lk 1:

Blessings!

Nice WJ. Phoenix, if you look into these so-called contradictions you will invariably find that they are illegitimate, and even contrived. I come across them from time to time, but have yet to find one that concerned me. All you really have to do is use google – type the verse and the word “contradiction” into the search box, hit enter and and viola…..you will find a good explanation on the first page.

Hi Is 1.18,
    Yet you question the statement by Jesus that no man has seen God?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account