Nephilim

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 240 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Yeah i`m disapointed, very! I`m wasting my time here.

Eliyah
    Participant

Sounds Logical indeed Captain.

david
    Participant

If the government has no knowledge of aliens,
    then why does Title 14, Section 1211
    of the Code of Federal Regulations,
    implemented on July 16, 1969,
    make it illegal for U.S. citizens to have any contact
    with extraterrestrials or their vehicles?

OK there. Now that that's said, can we get back to discussing the Nephilim.
    Nick, you originally said that perhaps sports could become idolatry to some. Anything that takes the place of God is idolatry. God should be first in our lives. The Bible says even your belly can be your god. Today, many things are idolized and given undue worship. Satan is the god of this system of things. If you worship anything other than Almighty God, you are really directing your worship to Satan. Today, many stars and sports figures are idolized. Everyone knows what Tom Cruise had for breakfast yesterday. Few know who Enoch is. Satan is quite good at what he does. He's been working it for thousands of years. He's an expert in human thinking. He knows what works.
    I'm really not sure where I was originally going with that. I'd really rather talk about the Nephilim.

david
    PS: the flying saucer thing…I can't verify that.

david
    Participant

i have a question. I'm not sure where on this forum it belongs. Maybe I could be directed. Speaking of Giants and Flying Saucers…dianosaurs come to mind.

Dinosaurs. Why?
    I'm wondering what people think.

david.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (david @ Oct. 21 2005,07:02)
    If the government has no knowledge of aliens,
    then why does Title 14, Section 1211
    of the Code of Federal Regulations,
    implemented on July 16, 1969,
    make it illegal for U.S. citizens to have any contact
    with extraterrestrials or their vehicles?

OK there.  Now that that's said, can we get back to discussing the Nephilim.
    Nick, you originally said that perhaps sports could become idolatry to some.  Anything that takes the place of God is idolatry.  God should be first in our lives.  The Bible says even your belly can be your god.  Today, many things are idolized and given undue worship.  Satan is the god of this system of things.  If you worship anything other than Almighty God, you are really directing your worship to Satan.  Today, many stars and sports figures are idolized.  Everyone knows what Tom Cruise had for breakfast yesterday.  Few know who Enoch is.  Satan is quite good at what he does.  He's been working it for thousands of years.  He's an expert in human thinking.  He knows what works.
    I'm really not sure where I was originally going with that.  I'd really rather talk about the Nephilim.

david
    PS: the flying saucer thing…I can't verify that.

Hi david,
    If Satan can disguise himself as an angel of light, and angels are God's servants among men, I would be very surprised if there are not events that occur on this earth as the result of such evil supernatural powers.We should, perhaps, expect such things and not be fascinated about “aliens”.

david
    Participant

I know. That was a joke. I don't believe in aliens from other planets Nick.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    There are forums on science in 'creation and science' I think. Dinosaurs would belong there perhaps?

david
    Participant

Today those of large stature are admired for their sporting prowess. Sport plays a huge role in the interests of men and generally a big strong man will be able to defeat a smaller strong man. Perhaps love of sport is idolatry of man to some, and even thence the idolatry of angelic influence? Could it be that some influence of the Nephilim is still here?

The Hebrew word “nephilim” literally means “fellers,” those who fell others, or who cause others to fall, through violent acts. Thus, it is not surprising that the Bible account adds: “The earth became filled with violence.” (Genesis 6:11) The mythological demigods, such as Heracles and the Babylonian hero Gilgamesh, strongly resemble Nephilim.

Notice that the Nephilim were called “mighty ones” and “men of fame.” Unlike the righteous man Noah, who lived in the same period, the Nephilim were not interested in promoting the fame of Jehovah. They were interested in their own fame, glory, and reputation. Through mighty acts, which undoubtedly involved violence and bloodshed, they earned the fame they craved from the ungodly world around them. They were the superheroes of their day—feared, respected, and seemingly invincible.

While the Nephilim and their debased angelic fathers may have enjoyed fame in the eyes of their contemporaries, they certainly were not famous in God’s sight. Their way of life was detestable. Consequently, God acted against the fallen angels. The apostle Peter wrote: “God did not hold back from punishing the angels that sinned, but, by throwing them into Tartarus, delivered them to pits of dense darkness to be reserved for judgment; and he did not hold back from punishing an ancient world, but kept Noah, a preacher of righteousness, safe with seven others when he brought a deluge upon a world of ungodly people.”—2 Peter 2:4, 5.

At the global Flood, the rebellious angels dematerialized and returned in disgrace to the spirit realm. God punished them by prohibiting them from again materializing human bodies. The Nephilim, the superhuman offspring of the disobedient angels, all perished. Only Noah and his small family survived the Deluge.

Men of Fame Today
    Today, gods and demigods no longer walk the earth. Nevertheless, violence abounds. Today’s men of fame are glorified in books, movies, television, and music. Far be it from them to turn the other cheek, to love their enemies, to seek peace, to forgive, or to walk away from violence. (Matthew 5:39, 44; Romans 12:17; Ephesians 4:32; 1 Peter 3:11) Instead, modern-day mighty ones are admired for their strength and for their ability to fight, to avenge themselves, and to counter violence with superior violence.

God’s view of such ones has not changed since the days of Noah. Jehovah does not admire lovers of violence, nor is he entertained by their exploits. The psalmist sang: “Jehovah himself examines the righteous one as well as the wicked one, and anyone loving violence His soul certainly hates.”—Psalm 11:5.

david
    Participant

Tales about liaisons between gods and humans—and the “heroes” or “demigods” born from these unions—were common to Greek, Egyptian, Ugaritic, Hurrian, and Mesopotamian theology. Gods of Greek mythology had human form and great beauty. They ate, drank, slept, had sexual intercourse, quarreled, fought, seduced, and raped. Though supposedly holy, they were capable of deceit and crime. Heroes like Achilles were said to be of both divine and human descent and were endowed with superhuman ability but not with immortality.
    So, what Genesis says of the Nephilim sheds light on the possible or even probable origin of such myths.

david
    Participant

For example, a 4,000-year-old Babylonian epic describes the superhuman exploits of Gilgamesh, a mighty, violent demigod whose “lust [left] no virgin to her lover.” Another example, from Greek legend, is the superhuman Hercules (or Heracles). Born to Alcmene, a human, and fathered by the god Zeus, Hercules set out on a series of violent adventures after killing his wife and children in a fit of madness. Although such tales were greatly distorted as they passed from generation to generation, they tie in with what the Bible says about the Nephilim and their rebellious angelic fathers.

david
    Participant

Like others of the post-Flood times, Javan, the progenitor of the Greek people, undoubtedly heard the account of pre-Flood times and circumstances, likely from his father Japheth, a survivor of the Flood.

david
    Participant

This true Bible account also sheds light on the theology of Hindu writings known as the Puranas. The Puranas record the accounts of gods and giants and their mighty works, their love affairs, and their wars and miracles. The Puranas depict a class of deities called Gandharvas who possess a strong earthy odour. Gandharvas are also associated with marriage, and they are said to love women and to be thinking always of them. Their mistresses are the Apsarases, who, in Hindu writings, are portrayed as seductive and promiscuous, and lacking maternal feelings. The Apsarases also possess an earthy scent, which is regarded with favour. Then another group of demigods in Hindu theology are the Ganas, and according to one Hindu authority the Ganas are said to be hybrid figures. These accounts accord well with the Bible’s true record of the disobedient spirit sons of God. Those angels had their love affairs; they could also perform great signs and wonders. And mighty works could be effected by their giant hybrid offspring. Those disobedient angels and giants lived on earth for at least 120 years. That was enough time for them to make a record of many famous works, as the Bible notes. So these events have been passed down with varying degrees of accuracy in the religious legends of several ancient peoples.

OK, I'm done now. I just find all these legends of gods and demigods quite interesting.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    these have been topical.

truebelief4u
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 21 2005,03:43)
    Hi,
    I think this matter deserves a forum of it's own. We are told in Gen 6 that
    ” The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came into the daughters of men, and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown”
    The sons of God also are shown in Job 1,2,38 and Satan is among them. I believe Michael and Gabriel and the other princes as shown in Daniel may have been among them and perhaps too the prince of peace, the Son of God?

David slew Goliath and there are a few other references to the descendants of the Nephilim. My feeling is that their great strength and large stature gave them huge physical advantages but they do not seem to necessarily have matched intellects. War seemed to be the role where their special talents were admired most. I see no reason to disbelieve that their genes are still able to be traced among mankind.

Today those of large stature are admired for their sporting prowess. Sport plays a huge role in the interests of men and generally a big strong man will be able to defeat a smaller strong man. Perhaps love of sport is idolatry of man to some, and even thence the idolatry of angelic influence? Could it be that some influence of the Nephilim is still here?

Do you equate the Nephilim with Genesis 3:15? (Satan's seed line.) It is interesting to note that the descendants of the Nephilim had no “resurrection” in their future, whereas the descendants of Israel did….see Is. 26:14 and 19. (Read 14/19 in the original Hebrew…the English translation was really screwed up.) This also raises the question as to what Jesus meant in Matthew 15:24 when he stated he came only to the “lost sheep of Israel.” (The scattered sheep, scattered all over Asia Minor and Europe.)

There is the possibility (please note I said “possibility”) that mankind has completely misinterpreted “who” is to be “saved” if they accept Christ…..just might not be “everyone included” as is assumed.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi tbfu
    I would say that Is 26.19 and 26.14 refer to the time of the first resurrection when only the saved [YOUR DEAD] will be raised.
    1000 years later will come the second resurrection. I do not see it as saying they will NEVER rise.
    Jesus in Matt 15.24 surely was stating that his given task was to first call the sheep, not the goats, of Israel rather than the gentiles, but the broader plan was then given him by God

NickHassan
    Participant

ps
    Gen 3 speaks of the seed of the woman and the seed of Satan, the serpent.

Both Cain and Abel and Seth, through whom came the line of salvation, were the seed, or fruit, of Woman. But was not Cain of the evil one? [1 Jn 3.12]

Thus I would say that the seed of Satan is the demons of earth, and thus they strike at the heel, but what do others think?
    Rom 16.20 may relate too.

Is 1:18
    Participant

Quote (truebelief4u @ May 24 2006,23:30)
    There is the possibility (please note I said “possibility”) that mankind has completely misinterpreted “who” is to be “saved” if they accept Christ…..just might not be “everyone included” as is assumed.

John 10:16
    16″I have other sheep, which are not of this fold; I must bring them also, and they will hear My voice; and they will become one flock with one shepherd.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Is 1.18,
    Is this not referring to the gentiles?
    The scriptural definition of a sheep then is one who can hear and respond to the call of God through Christ to obedience and to following the shepherd into his death and resurrection.

Jesus said to the Pharisees in Jn 8.12
    “I am the light of the world; he who follows me shall not walk in darkness but shall have the light of life..”
    but they could not hear this voice so he said to them
    ..where I am going you cannot come.”

NickHassan
    Participant

anyway. Back to the subject at hand.
    Are demons the earthbound spirits of the Nephelim as Enoch would suggest?

How could the sons of God have sexually related with women to produce children unless they are different from the sexless angels spoken of by Jesus in Lk 20.35f? Archangels seem to appear as men on earth. Or were they just evilly clever?

david
    Participant

What do you believe the Nephilim are Nick?

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 240 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account