Mystery Babylon

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 121 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

the poor that Christ talks about are the poor that are starving for Gods knowledge but the the religious masses that claim that they have the truth do not share it but teaches false doctrine and so all those who hunger for truth do not receive any food and so die in their sins ,

the poor in materiel things and need will always be their says Christ ,for some reason or another ,

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 02 2013,14:54)
    the poor that Christ talks about are the poor that are starving for Gods knowledge but the the religious masses that claim that they have the truth do not share it but teaches false doctrine and so all those who hunger for truth do not receive any food and so die in their sins ,

the poor in materiel things and need will always be their says Christ ,for some reason or another ,

Matthew 5:1 And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him:

Matthew 5:2 And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying,

Matthew 5:3 Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 5:4 Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.

Matthew 5:5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.

Matthew 5:6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

Matthew 5:7 Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.

Matthew 5:8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

Matthew 5:10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 5:11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely.

wakeup.

Participant

Hi:

The mother of harlots is the roman catholic church because from her comes all the false doctrines in what is supposed to be Christianity.

Rev 17:1 ¶ And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters:

Rev 17:2 With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.

Rev 17:3 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.

Rev 17:4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:

Rev 17:5 And upon her forehead [was] a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

Rev 17:6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Mar. 03 2013,06:43)
    Hi:

The mother of harlots is the roman catholic church because from her comes all the false doctrines in what is supposed to be Christianity.

Rev 17:1 ¶ And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters:  

Rev 17:2   With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.  

Rev 17:3   So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.  

Rev 17:4   And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:  

Rev 17:5   And upon her forehead [was] a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.  

Rev 17:6   And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.  

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

Rev 17:2 With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication

were was the Catholic church at the time of Moses went he destroyed the king in the land of Canaan ???

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 03 2013,12:39)

Hi:

Rev 17:2   With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.  

Rev 17:3   So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.  

Rev 17:4   And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:  

Rev 17:5   And upon her forehead [was] a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.  

Rev 17:6   And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.  

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

Rev 17:2   With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication

were was the Catholic church at the time of Moses went he destroyed the king in the land of Canaan ???

Terra.

Good question.

The catholic church was not in Egypt, thats for sure.
    But the woman was there riding the first head.

There was trade,and greed and power in wealth.
    There was oppressions,and warrings for greed,and jealousy.
    There was false religions,and the worship of wealth.

She is today even more loved by the world.
    Some even have sold their soul for power and position.

The humble and honest person will never get top position.

Wakeup.

Participant

Hi:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

Rev 17:2   With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication

Hi Pierre:

This has nothing to do with Moses and the destruction of the kings of Caanan.

The Ten horns through whom judgment will be rendered to the Babylonian whore do not exist until the end times:

Rev 17:16 And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.

Rev 17:17 For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled.

Rev 17:18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth

Rev 17:11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.

Rev 17:12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Mar. 03 2013,08:42)

Hi:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

Hi Pierre:

This has nothing to do with Moses and the destruction of the kings of Caanan.

The Ten horns through whom judgment will be rendered to the Babylonian whore do not exist until the end times:

Rev 17:16   And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.

Rev 17:17   For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled.  

Rev 17:18   And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth

Rev 17:11   And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.  

Rev 17:12   And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

do you see how easy you put scriptures aside by the words you use and make up your own devise to annul scriptures ,

LET ME SAY THIS ;THE BEAST WITH SEVEN HEADS INCLUDES EGYPT ,AND ALL THE FOLLOWING KINGS RIGHT ??? YES

REVELATION SAYS;

Rev 17:3 Then the angel carried me away in the Spirit into a desert. There I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast that was covered with blasphemous names and had seven heads and ten horns.

SO THE WOMEN SITS ON THE BEAST ;NOT ON HALF A BEAST ?? BUT ON THE TOTAL BEAST ,THAT INCLUDED SEVEN HEADS AND TEN HORNS ,RIGHT ??? YES,

SO WE KNOW THAT THE SEVEN HEADS REPRESENT THE SEVEN WORLD POWERS RIGHT ??? YES

THEN REVELATION GOES ON AND SAID;;
    Rev 17:2 With her the kings of the earth committed adultery and the inhabitants of the earth were intoxicated with the wine of her adulteries.”

SO DOES IT SAY THAT SOME KINGS DID NOT COMMITTED ADULTERY WITH HER ??? NO

NOW THIS ;;

Rev 17:18 The woman you saw is the great city that rules over the kings of the earth.”

NO ONE CITY HAS EVER RULED OVER ALL THE KINGS OF THE EARTH ,BUT ONLY ONE DID SATAN CITY MEANS ASSEMBLY OR GATHERING PLACE ,JUST AS THE CITY OF GOD ,SATAN HAS HIS CITY WHAT HE RECEIVED IT IS CALLED “THIS WORLD “

AND HE IS THE ONLY ONE THAT RULED ON IT SINS THE BEGINNING ,

SEE NEXT VERSE;;
    Rev 18:24 In her was found the blood of prophets and of the saints,
    and of all who have been killed on the earth.”

THERE HIS NO ONE THAT CAN MAKE THIS CLAIM EXCEPT SATAN ,

SO SATAN HIS THE PROSTITUTE AND THE SCARLET BEAST HIS WORLD EMPIRE ,

MARTY ,IF YOU CAN EXPLAIN IT BETTER TO ME PLEASE DO SO ,BUT KEEP SCRIPTURES TRUTHFUL ,

LOVE YOU IN CHRIST

2besee
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Feb. 28 2013,16:43)

Quote (2besee @ Feb. 28 2013,10:03)
    See how Jerusalem was Babylon in those verses?
    So then is this past?

How come there is no vote for Jerusalem in the poll?

Hi t8,

Because I don't know.

This is my view, regarding basic eschatology…

———————–

I believe, like Amillenialists do, that Jesus is in Heaven right now with the saints, and that Satan has been bound – though evil will continue to exist – not only to exist, but to grow worse and worse, until the end.

In Matthew 13 we see that the Kingdom of God starts off as a “small mustard seed” that grows and grows – but that it also has to grow up among the weeds.

Jesus said that his kingdom is not of this world. He said that he goes to prepare a place (in heaven) for them.

The heavenly Jerusalem comes down from heaven to the new earth once the earth is cleansed – that is still to come.

God will come, Jesus will come, the Saints will come, the Angels will come, and the end will come. This will be the Day of the Lord. One day is one day.

God destroyed the earth with water, and God will again destroy the earth with fire, only this time it will be different.  It will be permanent. There will be no more tears, no more suffering, no more sadness, ever again.

Satan the Devil has been limited in power for thousands of years now — which is the only way that the Gospel of the coming Kingdom of God could be taken around the world in fulfillment of prophecy, free of Satan's influence to deceive the whole world.

Soon, if not already, Satan will be let lose to deceive the whole world one more time.

—————————————–

Satan and Death were defeated at Christ's resurrection.

“For as much then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil. Hebrews 2:14.

Rev.20:1-3.

“Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, holding in his hand the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain.
    And he seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years, and threw him into the pit, and shut it and sealed it over him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years were ended. After that he must be loosed for a little while.

THE CROSS AND THE DEVIL
    St Origen – Early Church

1. The Demons as the princes of this world laid a snare to Jesus Christ, and crucified Him, not knowing who was concealed within Him.

When these, therefore, and other similar princes of this world, each having his own individual wisdom and formulating his own doctrines and peculiar opinions, saw our Lord and Savior promising and proclaiming that he had come into the world for the purpose of destroying all the doctrines, whatever they might be, of the “knowledge falsely so called” (1 Tim. 6:20), they immediately laid snares for Him, not knowing who was concealed within Him. For “the kings of the earth stood up, and the rulers were gathered together against the Lord and against His Christ” (Ps. 2:2)… They crucified the Lord of glory .’

2. Through the cross the demons lost their dominion.

He began on the cross by chaining the demon, and, having entered into his house, that is to say, into Hell, and having ascended from there into the heights, He led away captives, that is to say, those who rose again and entered with Him into the heavenly Jerusalem.

http://www.copticchurch.net/topics….11.html

Jesus had to first bind Satan (the strongman) and then Jerusalem was destroyed in 70AD.

“How can someone enter a strong man’s house and plunder his goods, unless he first binds the strong man? Then indeed he may plunder his house.” Matthew 12:29.

And then was prophecy fulfilled regarding the spreading of the Gospel abroad to the whole world.
    And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached throughout the whole world, as a testimony to all nations; and then the end will come.” Matthew 24:14.

How else could this have happened without the deceiver of the whole world being bound first.

——————————–

Jesus went to heaven and is still in heaven.

He said that His kingdom is not of this world but that He goes to prepare a place which will eventually come down onto the new earth. This is the heavenly Jerusalem.

Matt 26:29
    “I tell you I shall not drink again of this fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.

John 18:36
    “Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world; if my kingdom were of this world, my servants would fight, that I might not be handed over to the Jews; but my kingdom is not from the world.

John 14:2-4
    “In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you?
    And when I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also.
    And you know the way where I am going.

—————————-

Jesus sowed the good seed which grew and multiplied.

Bad seed was also sown.

Matthew 13:24-30 and 36-39,

“The kingdom of heaven may be compared to a man who sowed good seed in his field;
    but while men were sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat, and went away.
    So when the plants came up and bore grain, then the weeds appeared also.
    And the servants of the householder came and said to him, `Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then has it weeds?'
    He said to them, `An enemy has done this.' The servants said to him, `Then do you want us to go and gather them?'
    But he said, `No; lest in gathering the weeds you root up the wheat along with them.
    Let both grow together unti
    l the harvest
    ; and at harvest time I will tell the reapers, Gather the weeds first and bind them in bundles to be burned, but gather the wheat into my barn.'”

“Explain to us the parable of the weeds of the field.”
    He answered, “He who sows the good seed is the Son of man;
    the field is the world, and the good seed means the sons of the kingdom; the weeds are the sons of the evil one,
    and the enemy who sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the close of the age, and the reapers are angels”

Does He who sowed the bad seed still have to be in full power, in order for that seed to also grow and multiply?

If that were true then how could the whole world come to know YHVH and Yahshua, who the whole world previously never knew?

Because the world was no longer being deceived and good seed had been sown.

————————–

Jesus is in heaven, ruling, and we are supposed to be His priests on earth:

Revelations 1:4-5

“Grace to you and peace from him who is and who was and who is to come, and from the seven spirits who are before his throne,
    and from Jesus Christ the faithful witness, the first-born of the dead, and the ruler of kings on earth.”

To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood
    and made us a kingdom, priests to his God and Father, to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever.
    Amen.”

I John, your brother, who share with you in Jesus the tribulation and the kingdom and the patient endurance.”

Revelations 20:4-6

“Then I saw thrones, and seated on them were those to whom judgment was committed. Also I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their testimony to Jesus and for the word of God, and who had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life, and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.This is the first resurrection.
    Blessed and holy is he who shares in the first resurrection! Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and they shall reign with him a thousand years.

As you can see in the above verses, the book of Revelations begins with chapter one stating that they had been already been made “a kingdom – priests to God the Father”….. and then further into the book of Revelation in chapter 20 it again states regarding the thousand years that they shall be “priests of God and of Christ for a thousand years”. I see the book of Revelation as a book that recapitulates (retells) a story in many places and I do not believe that the book of Revelation is in any type of chronological order.

———————————-

God's worshipers are in heaven and on earth.

In Rev 11, The Angel says to measure the temple and all that worship there and the measurements are given but John is told not to measure the court outside the temple because it is given over to the “nations”.

Now, what temple is this?

The answer is there. Go back to what Paul said, and also what Jesus said regarding the temple – the temple of his body.

“Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, which you have from God? You are not your own” 1Cor 6:19.

“Do you not know that you are God's temple and that God's Spirit dwells in you?
    If any one destroys God's temple, God will destroy him. For God's temple is holy, and that temple you are.” 1Cor 3:17.

“What agreement has the temple of God with idols? For we are the temple of the living God; as God said, “I will live in them and move among them,
    and I will be their God,
    and they shall be my people” 2Cor 6:16.

So, if God's people make up the temple and are the body of the head which is Christ then the measurements of the temple would consist of the people who make up that temple, and outside of the temple of true worshipers are the figurative nations.

Now remember too that Jesus said that the wheat would grow with the chaff until the harvest so that fits in with the whole picture.

So, go to Revelations chapter 21:2 and you will see that the New Jerusalem COMES DOWN FROM HEAVEN to the NEW earth (rev 21:1) which is cleansed with fire and it has no need of a temple because it's temple is the Lord God the Almighty and the Lamb.

Nothing to do with an earthly temple of stone or an earthly Jerusalem as this is all on the new earth and the temple comes down from heaven and is not made of hands.

——————————–

Just because Satan has been bound does not mean that evil ceases to exist. Evil will continue until the end.

People have been persecuted from the beginning and still are till this day in many countries, HOWEVER, when Satan is let loose from his “symbolic prison” toward the end, he will GATHER people, from all over the world, to bring them to the great battle of Armageddon, he will influence the mind of LEADERS, and media etc, who will then influence the mind of the PEOPLE.

Revelations 17:8.

The beast, which you saw, once was, now is not, and will come up out of the Abyss and go to his destruction. The inhabitants of the earth whose names have not been written in the book of life from the creation of the world will be astonished when they see the beast, becausehe once was, now is not, and yet will come.

Revelations 20:7-8

'And when the thousand years are ended (thousand meaning a very long time – the thousands of years in which the nations were not being deceived), then Satan will be loosed from his prison and will come out to deceive the nations which are at the four corners of the earth, that is, Gog and Magog, to gather them for battle; their number is like the sand of the sea (Now, don't you think this fits better with today? We are a world of people – ready to fight – our numbers are huge – as huge as the figurative sand of the sea – never before has the world been so ready to BATTLE.)

And they marched up over the broad earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city; but fire came down from heaven and consumed them, and the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulphur where the beast and the false prophet were, and they will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

—————————–

And then is the judgment.

“I saw a great white throne and him who sat upon it; from his presence earth and sky fled away,
    and no place was found for them.

And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Also another book was opened, which is the book of life. And the dead were judged by what was written in the books, by what they had done.

And the sea gave up the dead in it, Death and Hades gave up the dead in them, and all were judged by what they had done.

Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire this is the second death, the lake of fire; and if any one's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

God's Kingdom will be final, and will be eternal. Just as his return will not be in SECRET — EVERY EYE WILL SEE THE COMING OF THE SON OF MAN.

'The Day of the Lord' and the return of Jesus Christ are the same day.
    On that day, the wicked will be ashes.
    Jesus said that on that day, he will tell those on his right to come with him to the ETERNAL kingdom prepared from the foundation of the world.

The Eternal Kingdom:  

2Pet 1:11:
    “For so an entrance shall be ministered to you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.”

Daniel 2:44:
    “And in the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom which shall never be destroyed, nor shall its sovereignty be left to another people. It shall break in pieces all these kingdoms and bring them to an end, and it shall stand for ever.

Daniel 7:18
    “But the saints of the Most High shall receive the kingdom, and possess the kingdom for ever, for ever and ever.”

Daniel 7:27
    'And the kingdom and the dominion
    and the greatness of the kingdoms under the whole heaven
    shall be given to the people of the saints of the Most High;
    their kingdom shall be an everlasting kingdom,
    and all dominions shall serve and obey them.'

Isaiah 9:7
    'Of the increase of his government and of peace
    there will be no end,
    upon the throne of David, and over his kingdom,
    to establish it, and to uphold it
    with justice and with righteousness
    from this time forth and for evermore.'

Revelation 11:15
    Then the seventh angel blew his trumpet, and there were loud voices in heaven, saying, “The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of his Christ, and he shall reign for ever and ever.”

Matthew 25:31-34
    “When the Son of man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne.
    Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate them one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats,
    and he will place the sheep at his right hand, but the goats at the left.
    Then the King will say to those at his right hand, `Come, O blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.

———————————–

So, the gospel of the kingdom has been preached throughout the world as a testimony to all of the nations, and soon (or more likely, now) Satan has been let lose to deceive the nations once more, and then the end will come;

Jesus is at the right hand of the father right now whilst waiting for the harvest. At the harvest, the wheat (also described in another parable as the sheep) will go to the eternal kingdom prepared from the foundation of the world whilst the chaff (or the goats) will go away into eternal punishment (eternal death).

I believe that it is important to know these things because otherwise we could be deceived especially if there is to be a false messiah (false return of Christ) coming.

We should know how things will happen and we should take heed of Jesus words:

“If they say to you, `Lo, he is in the wilderness,' do not go out; if they say, `Lo, he is in the inner rooms,' do not believe it.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and shines as far as the west, so will be the coming of the Son of man.
    Wherever the body is, there the eagles will be gathered together.”

That is why I do not believe in a temporary earthly kingdom where one like the son of God will sit on an earthly throne BEFORE the new Jerusalem comes down out of heaven and onto the new earth, because, by believing this, we are vulnerable, nay, definitely will be liable to believe that the false return, the so called antichrist will be Jesus when it will not be. Jesus is NOW ruling in our hearts and minds as we worship God in spirit and in truth, and His kingdom is not of this world, but will come down from heaven onto the new earth. For the former things would have passed away.

———————————-

So, I would have to agree with Terraricca I think… regarding “Babylon”… Maybe. But as I said, I am not sure.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi 2Besee,

Can you summarize for me “IN YOUR WORDS”, what are
    the main points in that post? in about three or four sentences?

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

2besee
    Participant

Hi Ed,

Apart from Scripture, they WERE my own words.

If you do not want to read it – then don't read it!
    Because you won't believe it – that I know!

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (2besee @ Mar. 07 2013,10:29)
    Hi Ed,

If their YOUR words, then why the link?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Mar. 07 2013,10:40)

Quote (2besee @ Mar. 07 2013,10:29)
    Hi Ed,

If their YOUR words, then why the link?

Words you agree with, are not your words.

2besee
    Participant

Ed, the link was for the few lines that i quoted from St Origen.

This:

THE CROSS AND THE DEVIL
    St Origen – Early Church

1. The Demons as the princes of this world laid a snare to Jesus Christ, and crucified Him, not knowing who was concealed within Him.

When these, therefore, and other similar princes of this world, each having his own individual wisdom and formulating his own doctrines and peculiar opinions, saw our Lord and Savior promising and proclaiming that he had come into the world for the purpose of destroying all the doctrines, whatever they might be, of the “knowledge falsely so called” (1 Tim. 6:20), they immediately laid snares for Him, not knowing who was concealed within Him. For “the kings of the earth stood up, and the rulers were gathered together against the Lord and against His Christ” (Ps. 2:2)… They crucified the Lord of glory .’

2. Through the cross the demons lost their dominion.

He began on the cross by chaining the demon, and, having entered into his house, that is to say, into Hell, and having ascended from there into the heights, He led away captives, that is to say, those who rose again and entered with Him into the heavenly Jerusalem.

http://www.copticchurch.net/topics….11.html

See where I put in underline “St Origen”??

What exactly is your point?

Ed J
    Participant

Hi 2Besee,

My point is: I want to know what your point is.
    So can you please tell me in three or four sentences?

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

2besee
    Participant

No, Ed.
    If you would like to know my 'point' then please read the entire post. It's not that long.
    It took days if not weeks to do (for another site) because it was study to me.

So no, I will not be repeating it in lesser words.

If you don't want to read it – then don't read it.

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (2besee @ Mar. 07 2013,12:12)
    No, Ed.
    If you would like to know my 'point' then please read the entire post. It's not that long.
    It took days if not weeks to do (for another site) because it was study to me.  

So no, I will not be repeating it in lesser words.

If you don't want to read it – then don't read it.

2bESEE.

How many resurrections you think there are? You say.
    1.All the saints are already resurrected in heaven.

2.Another resurrection at the second coming.

Is the day of the Lord not at the last trump?(the7th trump).
    When all the dead will be raised,and the living changed in the twinkling of an eye?

wakeup.

2besee
    Participant

Hi Wakeup,
    I have not studied scripture regarding this but I will.

I was just talking and reading about this in another thread.

2besee
    Participant

…Wakeup, I meant scripture regarding the resurrection, as you mentioned. I need to study that more.

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (2besee @ Mar. 08 2013,21:06)
    …Wakeup, I meant scripture regarding the resurrection, as you mentioned. I need to study that more.

2Besee.

The resurrection:
    1.Jesus;first and the 24 elders,followed.rev.4:10.They are in heaven now.

Resurrection of the majority at the second coming:
    1. The 14400 first; and the rest will follow but after they have gone through the fire to make their robes white.
    Because their robes were not white before.rev.7:14.

wakeup.

2besee
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Mar. 09 2013,15:01)
    2Besee.

The resurrection:
    1.Jesus;first and the 24 elders,followed.rev.4:10.They are in heaven now.

Resurrection of the majority at the second coming:

Wakeup, I think that there would be more than just Jesus and the 24 elders in heaven right now, don't you?

I believe that the good die and are taken up to heaven to be with God, immediately.

But i need to study into it more with scripture.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 121 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account