Mystery babylon the great, the mother of harlots

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 146 total)
  • Author

Quote (princess of the king @ Sep. 22 2009,13:13)

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Sep. 22 2009,12:06)

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Sep. 19 2009,17:46)

Quote (princess of the king @ Sep. 19 2009,15:30)

****post it note for me:
    venerate/worship

okay, a easy verse to understand……..no graven images

Actually “no graven images” is not the interpretation of the passage.  Maybe if you wanted to generalize you could say “no worship of graven images”.  That would be the truer meaning.  If there are “no graven images”, then please explain to me the bronze serpent that Moses raised up.  Please explain to me the graven image decorations for the temple of Solomon.  

Your fundamentalism isn't working out for you is it?

Jez,

I'm waiting for an answer to this.

wolf,

how long can you hold your breath?

I can only tell you wolf, that I believe Solomon heard it straight from the Father, and i don't see how a pomegranate and cherub reflect anything your faith has, maybe that is a little of the syncretism coming out in you eh?

Jez,

Nice dodge. Maybe that is a little inconsistent logic coming out in you, eh?

So if the temple decor was straight from the Father and so were the 10 C's, then you've got some 'splainin' to do…don't ya.

O, you choked a little bit on the brazen serpent issue. I'm not sure I heard you there….

wolf,

don't recall anybody bowing down to the serpent…….oh wait……there you are showing how is it done……. ra ra !!!!

it was destroyed anyhow, just as your's will…….Glory, Glory

now where were we………..

Quote (princess of the king @ Sep. 22 2009,13:49)
    wolf,

don't recall anybody bowing down to the serpent…….oh wait……there you are showing how is it done……. ra ra !!!!

now where were we………..

Jez,

I DO recall people looking upon the serpent in hopes of receiving a healing. That's way further than we go with things.

We don't worship images. That is idolatry. We have always condemned that.

Nice try.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Sep. 19 2009,13:34)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Sep. 19 2009,13:24)

Quote (t8 @ Sep. 18 2009,20:44)

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Sep. 19 2009,07:30)
    You may want to read the fathers….O…that's right….you have rejected your spiritual birthright.

Actually I enjoy much writing from the the early fathers, before the Trinity doctrine took hold and Constantine merged paganism with christianity.

Some great quotes can be found here.

https://heavennet.net/writings/trinity-06.htm

t8

Really, you should remove “Ignatious” quotes from your site for you are promoting the “Spurious” writings which are false!

WJ

Some proof and if it is so, I will gladly remove it.

Just a reminder for WJ.

I would be interested in the proof as I only want to promote that which has been written truthfully.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Sep. 22 2009,15:20)

wolf,

now where were we………..

Jez,

I DO recall people looking upon the serpent in hopes of receiving a healing.  That's way further than we go with things.

We don't worship images.  That is idolatry.  We have always condemned that.

Nice try.

Hi CA,
    You have defined idolatry as being other than what you do but catholicism is replete with idol worship of every kind.

You worship men such as your your pope and priests, your writings, your traditions and those you call your saints and even bread and wine. You do so by elevating your leaders and their teachings above those which God appointed.

georg
    Participant

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Sep. 22 2009,15:20)

wolf,

now where were we………..

Jez,

I DO recall people looking upon the serpent in hopes of receiving a healing.  That's way further than we go with things.

We don't worship images.  That is idolatry.  We have always condemned that.

Nice try.

That is such bull. What do you think it is, when you prayed to Maria? Also in the past we and I did too, pray to Saints, like St. Anthony etc. I remember my Husband having a little Statue of Anthony hanging on the Mirror in His Car, for protection. Also the Churches had so many Statues of Saints hanging on the walles in the Church. And then we had the Stations of the Cross. I don't remember excatly how that went. 10 Our Fathers and Hail Marias on each Station. No my Friend the Catholic Church did so much that was against what God is all about. You should heed and see the light, my friend. Come out of Her my People it says in Rev. 18:4
    Peace and Love Irene

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Sep. 22 2009,12:49)

Quote (thethinker @ Sep. 21 2009,19:20)
    Gene said:

Thinker ……..You want to let words mean what the say, thats Good, Now go back and reread the statement where Jeuss said there were some standing there who would not (SEE) Death till the saw the son of Man coming , now continue reading the next day Jesus took Peter and another Apostle with Him and wen't to the MOUNT of TRAN FIGURATION, and a Cloud descended on them and there appeared Moses and Elijah, communion with Jesus right, so they really did see Jesus coming with Glory before the died did they not?.  Non of that has happened yet it was Just Shown to them what was going to happen in the future.

Gene,
    Every eye did not see Christ's transfiguration. Come on dude!

He came back in His own generation like He said. He said “this generation.” Do you let the words mean what they say? Paul said that the man of sin was a “MAN.” Yet you say that it is not a man but is the trinitarian “lie.” You do not let “man” mean what it says!

Ever since you said that trinitarians do not let words mean what they say I have been trying to get you to live up to it. So far you have not.

thinker

Jack

Gene has been propagating his grotesque Idea of the Man of Sin for a long time, and refuses to see that the text could not have been refering to a false Jesus.

So according to him it sounds like he is saying that Jesus is the man of sin!

It is a total miscarriage of the text! It’s amazing how much they try to read into a scripture to support their lying doctrines.

WJ

For all: Matt. 24:30–“JESUS SAID…there shall appear the SIGN of the Son of man in Heaven, v31…”the tribes of the earth will mourn(not in an instant)as they see the Son of man coming in the clouds and he shall SEND HIS ANGELS(spirit messengers) with the sound(voice,words of God) and they(Angels, words of God, Spirit) will GATHER TOGETHER (not take up or away)the Elect… v32…now learn the parable of the fig tree…as in the days of Noah(the evil was taken away) …v39…they knew not until the flood came and took (the evil ones)away….so shall the coming of the son of man be…v40…one will be taken(evil) one will be left (the righteous believer). Two in the field, one(evil) will be taken, the righteous ones(purified by faith)will remain.
    Also at Luke 17:21 Jesus said, the Kingdom of God cometh not by observation(you won't see it) and don't say it is here or over there or up or down, the Kingdom of God is within you! God gave the earth to man, he will not take it away. Our responsibility is to cleanse the evil we have created and then the righteous will shine like the sun. Cleanse your mind of evil first and good works will follow. If you do good works to be clean you have denied Jesus! Bless all, TK

Duplicate!

Quote (t8 @ Sep. 18 2009,21:34)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Sep. 19 2009,13:24)

Quote (t8 @ Sep. 18 2009,20:44)

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Sep. 19 2009,07:30)
    You may want to read the fathers….O…that's right….you have rejected your spiritual birthright.

Actually I enjoy much writing from the the early fathers, before the Trinity doctrine took hold and Constantine merged paganism with christianity.

Some great quotes can be found here.

https://heavennet.net/writings/trinity-06.htm

t8

Really, you should remove “Ignatious” quotes from your site for you are promoting the “Spurious” writings which are false!

WJ

Some proof and if it is so, I will gladly remove it.

t8

The following quotes you have listed on your sight are from the spurious letters…

I have learned that certain of the ministers of Satan have wished to disturb you, some of them asserting that Jesus was born [only] in appearance, was crucified in appearance, and died in appearance, others that He is not the Son the Creator, and others that He is Himself God over all. (To the Tarsians, II).

And that He who was born of a woman was the Son of God, and He that was crucified was “the first-born of every creature,” and God the Word, who also created all things. For says the apostle, “There is one God, the Father, of whom are all things; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things”. And again, “For there is one God, and one Mediator between God and man, the man Christ Jesus (To the Tarsians, IV).

And that He Himself is not God over all, and the Father, but His Son, He says, “I ascend unto my Father and your Father, and to my God and your God. And again, “When all things shall be subjected unto Him, then shall He also Himself be subject unto Him that put all things under Him, that God may be all in all.” Wherefore it is One [God] who put all things under, and who is all in all, and another [His Son] to whom they were subdued, who also Himself, along with all other things, becomes subject [to the former]. (To the Tarsians, V; cf. 1 Cor 15:24-28).

How could such a one be a mere man, receiving the beginning of His existence from Mary, and not rather God the Word, and the only-begotten Son? For “in the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.” And in another place, “The Lord created Me, the beginning of His ways, for His ways, for His works. Before the world did He found Me, and before all the hills did He beget Me. (To the Tarsians, VI).

For Moses, the faithful servant of God, when he said, “The Lord thy God is one Lord,” and thus proclaimed that there was only one God, did also forthwith confess also our Lord [Jesus] when he said, “The Lord rained upon Sodom and Gomorrah fire and brimstone from the Lord.” And again, “And God said, Let us make man after our image: and so God made man, after the image of God made He him.” And further “In the image of God made He man.” And that [the Son] was to be made man, he says, “A prophet shall the Lord [YAHWEH] raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me.” (To the Antiochians, II).

The prophets also, when they speak as in the person of God, [saying, ] “I am God, the first [of beings], and I am also the last,10 and besides Me there is no God,”11 concerning the Father of the universe, do also speak of our Lord Jesus Christ. “A Son,” they say, has been given to us, on whose shoulder the government is from above; and His name is called the Angel of great counsel, Wonderful, Counsellor, the strong and mighty God.”12 And concerning His incarnation, “Behold, a virgin shall be with Child, and shall bring forth a Son; and they shall call his name Immanuel. (To the Antiochians, III).

The Evangelists, too, when they declared that the one Father was the only true God, did not omit what concerned our Lord, but wrote: “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by Him, and without Him was not anything made that was made.” And concerning the incarnation: “The Word,” says, “became flesh, and dwelt among us.” And again: “The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham.” And those very apostles, who said “that there is one God,” said also that “there is one Mediator between God and men.” Nor were they ashamed of the incarnation and the passion. For what says “The man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself” for the life and salvation of the world. Whosoever, therefore, declares that there is but one God, only so as to take away the divinity of Christ, is a devil, and an enemy of all righteousness. He also that confesseth Christ, yet not as the Son of the Maker of the world, but of some other unknown being, different from Him whom the law and the prophets have proclaimed, this man is an instrument of the devil. And he that rejects the incarnation, and is ashamed of the cross for which I am in bonds, this man is antichrist. Moreover, he who affirms Christ to be a mere man is accursed, according to the prophet, since he puts not his trust in God, but in man. (To the Antiochians, IV-V).

May He who is alone unbegotten, keep you stedfast both in the spirit and in the flesh, through him who was begotten before time began. (To the Antiochians, XIV).

Ignatius, who is also called Theophorus, to Hero, the deacon of Christ, and the servant of God, a man honoured by God, and most dearly loved as well as esteemed, who carries Christ and the Spirit within him, and who is mine own son in faith and love: Grace, mercy, and peace from Almighty God, and from Christ Jesus our Lord, His only-begotten Son. (To Hero).

May I have joy of thee, my dear son, whose guardian may He be who is the only unbegotten God, and the Lord Jesus Christ! (To Hero, IV).

As Paul admonished you. For if there is one God of the universe, the Father of Christ, “of whom are all things; ” and one Lord Jesus Christ, our [Lord], “by whom are all things; ” and also one Holy Spirit…. For “there is one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is through all, and in all. (To the Philippians).

There is then One God and Father, and not two or three, One who is, and there is no other besides Him, the only true One. For “the Lord [YAHWEH] thy God,” saith, “is one Lord.” And again, “Hath not one God created us? Have we not all one Father? And there is also one Son, God the Word. For “the only-begotten Son,” saith, “who is in the bosom of the Father.” And again, “One Lord Jesus Christ.” And in another place, “What is His name, or what His Son's name, that we may know? ” And there is also one Paraclete. For “there is also,” saith, “one Spirit,” since “we have been called in one hope of our calling.” And again, “We have drunk of one Spirit,” with what follows. And it is manifest that all these gifts “worketh one and the self-same Spirit.” There are not then either three Fathers, or three Sons, or three Paracletes, but one Father, and one Son, and one
    Paraclete. Wherefore also the Lord, when He sent forth the apostles to make disciples of all nations, commanded them to “baptize in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit,” not unto one having three names, nor into three who became incarnate, but into three [persons] possessed of equal honour [one name]. (To the Philippians, II).

All of the above are from the spurious letters that you posted  here….

The following is the list of the valid letters and the spurious…

The oldest collection of the writings of St. Ignatius known to have existed was that made use of by the historian Eusebius in the first half of the fourth century, but which unfortunately is no longer extant. It was made up of the seven letters written by Ignatius whilst on his way to Rome; These letters were addressed to the Christians

•of Ephesus (Pros Ephesious);
    •of Magnesia (Magnesieusin);
    •of Tralles (Trallianois);
    •of Rome (Pros Romaious);
    •of Philadelphia (Philadelpheusin);
    •of Smyrna (Smyrnaiois); and
    •to Polycarp (Pros Polykarpon).

We find these seven mentioned not only by Eusebius (Church History III.36) but also by St. Jerome (De viris illust., c. xvi). Of later collections of Ignatian letters which have been preserved, the oldest is known as the “long recension”. This collection, the author of which is unknown, dates from the latter part of the fourth century. It contains the seven genuine and six spurious letters, but even the genuine epistles were greatly interpolated to lend weight to the personal views of its author. For this reason they are incapable of bearing witness to the original form. The spurious letters in this recension are those that purport to be from Ignatius

•to Mary of Cassobola (Pros Marian Kassoboliten);
    •to the Tarsians (Pros tous en tarso);
    •to the Philippians (Pros Philippesious);
    •to the Antiochenes (Pros Antiocheis);
    •to Hero a deacon of Antioch (Pros Erona diakonon Antiocheias). Associated with the foregoing is
    •a letter from Mary of Cassobola to Ignatius.

It is extremely probable that the interpolation of the genuine, the addition of the spurious letters, and the union of both in the long recension was the work of an Apollinarist of Syria or Egypt, who wrote towards the beginning of the fifth century. Funk identifies him with the compiler of the Apostolic Constitutions, which came out of Syria in the early part of the same century. Subsequently there was added to this collection a panegyric on St. Ignatius entitled, “Laus Heronis”. Though in the original it was probably written in Greek, it is now extant only in Latin and Coptic texts. There is also a third recension, designated by Funk as the “mixed collection”. The time of its origin can be only vaguely determined as being between that of the collection known to Eusebius and the long recension. Besides the seven genuine letters of Ignatius in their original form, it also contains the six spurious ones, with the exception of that to the Philippians. Found here…

Hopefully now you will remove them from your site and quit claiming that Ignatius preached against Trinitarians by calling them “ministers of satan”, for those words were probably from an Arian who didn’t like Ignatius writings which claimed Jesus as being God!

I am not sure where you get the following from, but even if it was Ignatius writings it doesn’t contradict the Trinitarian view.

Ignatius, who is also called Theophorus, to her who has obtained mercy through the grace of the Most High God the Father, and Jesus Christ the Lord, who died for us. (To Maria at Neapolis, Near Zarbus).

WJ

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Tim Kraft @ Sep. 23 2009,00:50)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Sep. 22 2009,12:49)

Quote (thethinker @ Sep. 21 2009,19:20)
    Gene said:

Thinker ……..You want to let words mean what the say, thats Good, Now go back and reread the statement where Jeuss said there were some standing there who would not (SEE) Death till the saw the son of Man coming , now continue reading the next day Jesus took Peter and another Apostle with Him and wen't to the MOUNT of TRAN FIGURATION, and a Cloud descended on them and there appeared Moses and Elijah, communion with Jesus right, so they really did see Jesus coming with Glory before the died did they not?.  Non of that has happened yet it was Just Shown to them what was going to happen in the future.

Gene,
    Every eye did not see Christ's transfiguration. Come on dude!

He came back in His own generation like He said. He said “this generation.” Do you let the words mean what they say? Paul said that the man of sin was a “MAN.” Yet you say that it is not a man but is the trinitarian “lie.” You do not let “man” mean what it says!

Ever since you said that trinitarians do not let words mean what they say I have been trying to get you to live up to it. So far you have not.

thinker

Jack

Gene has been propagating his grotesque Idea of the Man of Sin for a long time, and refuses to see that the text could not have been refering to a false Jesus.

So according to him it sounds like he is saying that Jesus is the man of sin!

It is a total miscarriage of the text! It’s amazing how much they try to read into a scripture to support their lying doctrines.

WJ

For all: Matt. 24:30–“JESUS SAID…there shall appear the SIGN of the Son of man in Heaven, v31…”the tribes of the earth will mourn(not in an instant)as they see the Son of man coming in the clouds and he shall SEND HIS ANGELS(spirit messengers) with the sound(voice,words of God) and they(Angels, words of God, Spirit) will GATHER TOGETHER (not take up or away)the Elect… v32…now learn the parable of the fig tree…as in the days of Noah(the evil was taken away) …v39…they knew not until the flood came and took (the evil ones)away….so shall the coming of the son of man be…v40…one will be taken(evil) one will be left (the righteous believer). Two in the field, one(evil) will be taken, the righteous ones(purified by faith)will remain.
    Also at Luke 17:21 Jesus said, the Kingdom of God cometh not by observation(you won't see it) and don't say it is here or over there or up or down, the Kingdom of God is within you! God gave the earth to man, he will not take it away. Our responsibility is to cleanse the evil we have created and then the righteous will shine like the sun. Cleanse your mind of evil first and good works will follow. If you do good works to be clean you have denied Jesus! Bless all, TK

Amen TK,
    Jesus said also that Caiaphas the high priest would see His coming.

“Matthew 26:62-64 (King James Version):
    62″And the high priest arose, and said unto him, Answerest thou nothing? what is it which these witness against thee?
    63But Jesus held his peace, And the high priest answered and said unto him, I adjure thee by the living God, that thou tell us whether thou be the Christ, the Son of God.
    64Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter YOU SHALL SEE the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.
    [/i]

Gene is saying that this was the transfiguration. But Caiaphas was not present at the transfiguration. According to Gene the Lord Jesus will destroy trinitarianism at His coming. Yet Caiaphas saw Christ's coming and trinitarianism is alive and well.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    Did you think those facing the seat of Judgement would not see the Lord of all?
    Some never die the second death so ever live in the eyes of God.

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 23 2009,06:42)
    Hi TT,

Jesus said that they would see His coming in the clouds. Jesus explicitly told Caiaphas that he would see Him coming in the clouds.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    Really?
    Did he say YOU CAIAPHAS?
    I missed it.

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 23 2009,07:12)
    Hi TT,
    Really?
    Did he say YOU CAIAPHAS?
    I missed it.

He said to Caiaphas, “YOU shall see Me coming in the clouds.”

Give up your futurist traditions Nick. Since you like to dissent from tradition you should welcome what I say.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    So you as you are bound by the carnal mind you will never see the spiritual.
    Can you yet see the kingdom?

georg
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ Sep. 23 2009,07:11)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 23 2009,06:42)
    Hi TT,

Jesus said that they would see His coming in the clouds. Jesus explicitly told Caiaphas that he would see Him coming in the clouds.

thinker

thinker

Why do you suppose he said, “in the clouds”?

Georg

georg
    Participant

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Sep. 15 2009,14:44)
    Mystery Babylon the Great, the Mother of Harlots

Now, what does Revelation say about the Great Whore? Look at the following verses:

“How is the faithful city become an harlot! it was full of judgment; righteousness lodged in it; but now murderers.”

“For of old time I have broken thy yoke, and burst thy bands; and thou saidst, I will not transgress; when upon every high hill and under every green tree thou wanderest, playing the harlot.”

“They say, If a man put away his wife, and she go from him, and become another man's, shall he return unto her again? shall not that land be greatly polluted? but thou hast played the harlot with many lovers; yet return again to me, saith the LORD. Lift up thine eyes unto the high places, and see where thou hast not been lien with. In the ways hast thou sat for them, as the Arabian in the wilderness; and thou hast polluted the land with thy whoredoms and with thy wickedness. Therefore the showers have been withholden, and there hath been no latter rain; and thou hadst a whore's forehead, thou refusedst to be ashamed.”

“But thou didst trust in thine own beauty, and playedst the harlot because of thy renown, and pouredst out thy fornications on every one that passed by; his it was. And of thy garments thou didst take, and deckedst thy high places with divers colours, and playedst the harlot thereupon: the like things shall not come, neither shall it be so. Thou hast also taken thy fair jewels of my gold and of my silver, which I had given thee, and madest to thyself images of men, and didst commit whoredom with them, And tookest thy broidered garments, and coveredst them: and thou hast set mine oil and mine incense before them.”

OK, so I tricked you. Those verses aren't from Revelation; they are Isaiah 1:21, Jeremiah 2:20, Jeremiah 3:1-3, and Ezekiel 16:15-18 respectively. And the identity of the harlot? It is Jerusalem.

And this is really what Revelation says about the Whore:

Revelation 17:15-18
       And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues. And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire. For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled. and the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

“Great city”? Which city is “the great city”?

Revelation 11:8
       And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified..

Now, was Jesus Christ crucified in Rome — or in Jerusalem?

But — but — it says stuff like “jewels” and “golden cup” and “scarlet” and “purple” — that's just gotta be the “Romish Church”! Well, considering that Catholicism is the Old Covenant fulfilled, it shouldn't be too surprising to find in it liturgical colors, vestments, and implements that are partly rooted in the Old Testament (see Exodus 28). But the Jerusalem Temple is undoubtedly what Revelation is referring to, and Flavius Josephus left us writings that tell us what the Jerusalem Temple looked like at the time of its destruction by pagan Rome in A.D. 70. Here are a few tidbits:

The holiest part of the Temple:
       “Its front was covered with gold all over… But that gate which was at this end of the first part of the house was, as we have already observed, all over covered with gold, as was its whole wall about it; it had also golden vines above it, from which clusters of grapes hung as tall as a man's height. But then this house… had golden doors of fifty-five cubits altitude, and sixteen in breadth; but before these doors there was a veil of equal largeness with the doors. It was a Babylonian curtain, embroidered with blue, and fine linen, and scarlet, and purple, and of a contexture that was truly wonderful.”

The exterior of the Temple:
       “…the outward face of the temple in its front wanted nothing that was likely to surprise either men's minds or their eyes; for it was covered all over with plates of gold of great weight, and, at the first rising of the sun, reflected back a very fiery splendor, and made those who forced themselves to look upon it to turn their eyes away, just as they would have done at the sun's own rays.”

The priests' vestments:
       “But that girdle that tied the garment to the breast was embroidered with five rows of various colors, of gold, and purple, and scarlet, as also of fine linen and blue, with which colors we told you before the veils of the temple were embroidered also. The like embroidery was upon the ephod; but the quantity of gold therein was greater. Its figure was that of a stomacher for the breast. There were upon it two golden buttons like small shields, which buttoned the ephod to the garment; in these buttons were enclosed two very large and very excellent sardonyxes, having the names of the tribes of that nation engraved upon them: on the other part there hung twelve stones, three in a row one way, and four in the other; a sardius, a topaz, and an emerald; a carbuncle, a jasper, and a sapphire; an agate, an amethyst, and a ligure; an onyx, a beryl, and a chrysolite; upon every one of which was again engraved one of the forementioned names of the tribes.”

You can read the entire 5th Chapter of the 5th Book of Josephus' War here.

Exodus 28:36-38 tells us that the Temple High Priest was to have worn on his forehead an insignia:

“And thou shalt make a plate of pure gold, and grave upon it, like the engravings of a signet, HOLINESS TO THE LORD. And thou shalt put it on a blue lace, that it may be upon the mitre; upon the forefront of the mitre it shall be. And it shall be upon Aaron's forehead, that Aaron may bear the iniquity of the holy things, which the children of Israel shall hallow in all their holy gifts; and it shall be always upon his forehead, that they may be accepted before the LORD.”

But Jerusalem apostasized and failed to recognize and then killed (with Roman power) the Messiah of prophecy. St. John the Divine tells us what “the woman,” Jerusalem, came to have upon her forehead:

“And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.” (Revelation 17:5)

But — but — it says something about seven mountains! Glad you noticed. Because:

even if “the Seven Mountains” are a reference to Rome (see “The Beasts” below) — which some of the Church Fathers, thinking of godless Rome, thought — that city, with its Caesar-gods, was thoroughly pagan at the time and certainly part of a cruel, evil empire. The Jews of Jerusalem (the Mother of Harlots) used Rome (“rides the beast”) all throughout the New Testament, using Roman power to kill the Messiah and try to destroy the People of God, the Church (see the entire Book of Acts).

even though they're usually lumped together and “Rome” is used as shorthand for the Roman Catholic Church, even by Catholics, Vatican City is its own city state and isn't “Rome”;

Rome isn't built on seven mountains, anyway; it's built on seven hills, as are Constaninople, Edinburgh, San Francisco, and Cincinnati, for that matter. Mountains are big, hills are small. There are two separate words for them and Scripture is familiar with both (see Luke 3:5 and Luke 2
    3:30). Rome's seven hills are Palatine, Aventine, Capitoline, Quarinal, Viminal, Esquiline and Caelian (hey, how come Vatican Hill is never listed?).

Jerusalem, however, is built on seven mountains: Mt. Goath, Mt. Gareb, Mt. Acra, Mt. Bezetha, Mt. Zion, Mt. Ophel, and Mt. Moriah. There are even Psalms about them, “As the mountains are round about Jerusalem, so the LORD is round about his people from henceforth even for ever.” {Psalms 125:2)

CA

You are about as clear, and transparent with what you're saying, as Obama is with what he is saying; are you a Catholic democrat?
    What does all that what you said, have to do with the mother of harlots?

Georg

Quote (georg @ Sep. 23 2009,12:48)
    CA

You are about as clear, and transparent with what you're saying, as Obama is with what he is saying; are you a Catholic democrat?

Georg

Nice try grouping me in with backslidden Catholics in name only. Go study the teachings of the church and you will know that the Democratic party platform is anti-life and anti-Catholic. The Church has been the biggest enemy of Socialism. Please watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVN2MMuiedI

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CA,
    But the catholic church has abandoned Jesus and his teachings.
    Is apostasy not as bad as backsliding from catholicism?

georg
    Participant

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Sep. 23 2009,20:31)

Quote (georg @ Sep. 23 2009,12:48)
    CA

Georg

Nice try grouping me in with backslidden Catholics in name only.  Go study the teachings of the church and you will know that the Democratic party platform is anti-life and anti-Catholic.  The Church has been the biggest enemy of Socialism.  Please watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVN2MMuiedI

CA

I was right, you are a Democrat, they never answer a question either.

Georg

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 146 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account