Mystery Babylon

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 121 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

What is the identity of Mystery Babylon the Mother of Harlots.
    Have your vote and add in your reason for your choice.
    Or add in evidence for any of the options. I will be doing that.

Proclaimer
    Participant

I decided to make this poll as I was watching this video.

Traditionally I have understood Babylon in Revelation to be The Vatican (RCC).
    The guy in this video believed that too, but he believes it is the USA for the reasons he states in the video.

terraricca
    Participant

t8

if Babylon was a world power ,and a dominant one that God make it the GOLDEN HEAD ,in the dream of the statue in Daniel ,

HOW COULD IT BE THAT THE NOW CALLED “”BABYLON THE GREAT “” CAN BE LESS THAN THE FIRST ONE ??? SAYING THAT IT IS THE RELIGIONS OR AN PARTICULAR KINGDOM IS ONLY MAKE IT WEAKER THAN THE FIRST ONE IS IT NOT ???

ONE MORE POINT ;Rev 18:24 In her was found the blood of prophets and of the saints,
    and of all who have been killed on the earth.” THIS WOULD HAVE TO INCLUDE ADAM ,and therefore the women can only be SATAN AND THE SCARLET BEAST HIS ANGELS AND MEN THAT LIVES LIKE HIM OPPOSED TO GOD'S WILL,BECAUSE ;

Rev 17:6 I saw that the woman was drunk with the blood of the saints, the blood of those who bore testimony to Jesus.

NOW LOOK WHAT IT SAYS HERE ABOUT THE DRAGON;

Rev 12:13 When the dragon saw that he had been hurled to the earth, he pursued the woman who had given birth to the male child.
    Rev 12:14 The woman was given the two wings of a great eagle, so that she might fly to the place prepared for her in the desert, where she would be taken care of for a time, times and half a time, out of the serpent’s reach.
    Rev 12:15 Then from his mouth the serpent spewed water like a river, to overtake the woman and sweep her away with the torrent.
    Rev 12:16 But the earth helped the woman by opening its mouth and swallowing the river that the dragon had spewed out of his mouth.
    Rev 12:17 Then the dragon was enraged at the woman and went off to make war against the rest of her offspring—those who obey God’s commandments and hold to the testimony of Jesus.
    Rev 13:1 And the dragon stood on the shore of the sea.

Rev 13:7 He was given power to make war against the saints and to conquer them. And he was given authority over every tribe, people, language and nation.
    Rev 13:8 All inhabitants of the earth will worship the beast—all whose names have not been written in the book of life belonging to the Lamb that was slain from the creation of the world.
    Rev 13:9 He who has an ear, let him hear.

THIS IS WHAT I COME TO UNDERSTAND ,

Babylon which means “confusion” is a spiritual allegory like the mark of the beast. Simply put it is the “systems of religion” that is void of the presence or Glory of God and having a form of godliness but denying the power thereof. Anything religous that has no anointing by the Spirit of Christ is anti-Christ and bears the mark of the beast and is part of the systems of religion, Babylon. :O

WJ

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Feb. 28 2013,01:39)
    Babylon which means “confusion” is a spiritual allegory like the mark of the beast. Simply put it is the “systems of religion” that is void of the presence or Glory of God and having a form of godliness but denying the power thereof. Anything religous that has no anointing by the Spirit of Christ is anti-Christ and bears the mark of the beast and is part of the systems of religion, Babylon. :O

WJ

WJ

I have to disagree with you ,because you do not explain my scriptures I presented ,and so it is only your opinion ,

I do agree that any one that break's away from the truth of God his already in a confused world ,so Satan according to scriptures would be the very first cast into that confusion .

2besee
    Participant

Luke 11:47-52  Woe to you! for you build the sepulchers of the prophets, and your fathers killed them. Truly you bear witness that you allow the deeds of your fathers: for they indeed killed them, and you build their sepulchers. Therefore also said the wisdom of God, I will send them prophets and apostles, and some of them they shall slay and persecute: That THE BLOOD OF ALL THE PROPHETS, WHICH WAS SHED FROM THE FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD, MAY BE REQUIRED OF THIS GENERATION; From the blood of Abel to the blood of Zacharias which perished between the altar and the temple: truly I say to you, IT SHALL BE REQUIRED OF THIS GENERATION.

Revelation 18:10 -24  
    “Alas! alas! thou great city, thou mighty city, Babylon! In one hour has thy judgment come.”
    And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of ALL WHO WERE SLAIN ON THE EARTH.

Revelations 17:5  
    And on her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.  And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.

Right? So:

Matthew 23:35   That ON YOU MAY COME ALL THE RIGHTEOUS BLOOD SHED ON THE EARTH, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom you slew between the temple and the altar. Truly I say to you, ALL THESE THINGS SHALL COME ON THIS GENERATION. O JERUSALEM, JERUSALEM, you that kill the prophets, and stone them which are sent to you.

See how Jerusalem was Babylon in those verses?
    So then is this past?

terraricca
    Participant

t8

sorry but I could not vote because my understanding is not part of your choices ” could you add “other ” thanks

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (2besee @ Feb. 28 2013,10:03)
    See how Jerusalem was Babylon in those verses?
    So then is this past?

How come there is no vote for Jerusalem in the poll?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 28 2013,06:06)
    ONE MORE POINT ;Rev 18:24 In her was found the blood of prophets and of the saints,
    and of all who have been killed on the earth.” THIS WOULD HAVE TO INCLUDE ADAM ,and therefore the women can only be SATAN AND THE SCARLET BEAST HIS ANGELS AND MEN THAT LIVES LIKE HIM OPPOSED TO GOD'S WILL,BECAUSE ;

It is too late to add another option now.

So you say it is Satan.

That means that Satan rides on the back of the Beast, whereas I would have thought that the Beast came from Satan.

I tried to add “None of the above” as an option in the poll, but for some reason it would not stay at the bottom of the list, so I just removed it after a few tries and created a new poll, hence why that option is not there.

Also, I should have put in “European Union”, but I guess that people who beleive that can vote “Roman Empire” as they tend to think Europe is the revived Roman Empire. Although the woman is usually seen as something else that is supported by this beast because she rides on the beast.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Feb. 28 2013,09:39)

WJ

Yes that is how I have traditionally seen this.
    I also include the Trinity as a doctrine of Babylon. It is confusing to all, and Babylon has their own Trinity.

And original Babylon was judged for her idols if I remember rightly, and not her commerce and other exploits.

terraricca
    Participant

t8

That means that Satan rides on the back of the Beast, whereas I would have thought that the Beast came from Satan.

but it does come from Satan and HE RIDE IT ,

Proclaimer
    Participant

The USA has stood out to me sometimes.

I was teaching in Colombia once and picked up a text book and there was a section about the USA and how it was likened to Babylon, where all races and people were represented and where both had great trade. Sometimes it seems obvious to me that it must be the USA, but then it also seems pretty obvious that it is Rome or even Christendom itself.

Babylon had 2 sides to it. The religious side and the commerce side. God judged Babylon for her religion and idols, leading me to the religious view of Babylon. Especially with descriptions of being clothed in purple and holding a golden cup in her hand. But if Babylon the Great was referring to an economic power that collapsed in one day either by attack or financial ruin, then I would guess it to be the USA. When it talks about trading boats mourning her destruction because of her trade, I think of the USA. Although New York could fit that description too.

This is why Babylon confuses me somewhat. Ironic I know. But there seems to be 2 horses in the front of that race and for different reasons.

terraricca
    Participant

the other reason that I came to the conclusion that it was Satan ,his that the beast he (the women )rides , the scarlet beast ;his ,then his not ,then comes again

this relates to ; pre millennium (his;Rev 20:1 And I saw an angel coming down out of heaven, having the key to the Abyss and holding in his hand a great chain.
    Rev 20:2 ) Millennium (his not ) post millennium (comes again ;Rev 20:7 When the thousand years are over, Satan will be released from his prison
    Rev 20:8 and will go out to deceive the nations in the four corners of the earth—Gog and Magog—to gather them for battle. In number they are like the sand on the seashore.) for the final judgement of all the second resurrection according to Rev;20;12

after this is done all is over

Rev 20:10 And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Rev 20:14 Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death.
    Rev 20:15 If anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

new earth /new heaven

terraricca
    Participant

t8

Babylon had 2 sides to it. The religious side and the commerce side

but you have to add the MILITARY POWER ;  BUT ANY COUNTRY TODAY his only a part of Satan beast what he rides ,

so Babylon the great is Babylon of Nabudoconozor in over sized figuratively so to my understanding it would include the all earth ,and as you say ,but it would be  seen as world wide,

Religion + commercial+ military = all those should represent the scarlet beast , and the women that sit on it his Satan himself ,

this is why it says as well ;

Rev 17:8 The beast, which you saw, once was, now is not, and will come up out of the Abyss and go to his destruction. The inhabitants of the earth whose names have not been written in the book of life from the creation of the world will be astonished when they see the beast, because he once was, now is not, and yet will come.

please understand that the scarlet beast ONLY REPRESENT THE BEAST AFTER THE 1000 YEARS(POST MILLENNIUM) ;  THE BEAST FROM REVELATION 13 THAT COMES OUT OF THE SEA HIS THE VERSION OF PRE millennium,

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 28 2013,15:40)
    t8

Babylon had 2 sides to it. The religious side and the commerce side

but you have to add the MILITARY POWER ;  BUT ANY COUNTRY TODAY his only a part of Satan beast what he rides ,

so Babylon the great is Babylon of Nabudoconozor in over sized figuratively so to my understanding it would include the all earth ,and as you say ,but it would be  seen as world wide,

Religion + commercial+ military = all those should represent the scarlet beast , and the women that sit on it his Satan himself ,

this is why it says as well ;

Rev 17:8 The beast, which you saw, once was, now is not, and will come up out of the Abyss and go to his destruction. The inhabitants of the earth whose names have not been written in the book of life from the creation of the world will be astonished when they see the beast, because he once was, now is not, and yet will come.

please understand that the scarlet beast ONLY REPRESENT THE BEAST AFTER THE 1000 YEARS(POST MILLENNIUM) ;  THE BEAST FROM REVELATION 13 THAT COMES OUT OF THE SEA HIS THE VERSION OF PRE millennium,

The roman church is not –the — mother of harlots in rev,17.
    because the mother of harlots is sitting on the scarlet coloured beast,with the seven heads and ten horns.

The roman church is not, in the days of the first head (egypt)and the second head(syria), and the third head(babylon), and the fourth head(medo persia),and the fifth head (greecia),and the sixth head(rome),untill king constatine ruled.The roman church only started in the yr 330 ad.

The mother of harlots has daughters; and they are all kinds of religions,since the beginning of mans kingdom.(egypt).

Since the gospel has been preached,the christian churches has become the daughters of babylon,in the name of christianity. One can not tell the difference between a christian and a non christian IN DEEDS;accept the christians go to church, and the non christians go to the horse race or the pub.

BABYLON THE GREAT:
    REV.18.
    V.3. For ALL NATIONS have drunk of the wine of her fornication,and the kings of the earth have committed fornications with her,and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicasies.( all that she can offer the people.)All material things.

1.All nations.(from egypt—to–today.).
    2.The kings of the earth.( From egypt–to–today.)
    3.the merchants of the earth.( from egypt–to–today.)

V.10. Standing afar off for the fear of her torment,saying ,alas,alas,THAT GREAT CITY BABYLON, that mighty city! for in ONE HOUR is thy judgement come.The world system no more.

That great city babylon=rev19:19.and the great city was DEVIDED.(jerusalem.) and the cities of the nations fell and GREAT BABYLON came in remembrance before God.(bab.no more.)But jerusalem will be restored,into new jerusalem.

V.11. And the MERCHANTS of the earth shall weep and mourn over her; for no man buyeth their MERCHANDISE any more.(the world trade)
    The business world make us worship material things.

V.17. For in one hour so great riches is come to nought. And every shipmaster,and all company in ships, and sailors,and as many as TRADE by sea, stood afar off,
    V18. And cried when they saw the smoke of her burning,saying, what city is like unto this great city!(bab.)

V.21.And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone,and cast it into the sea,saying,Thus with violence shall that great city BABYLON be thrown down,AND SHALL BE FOUND NO MORE.(tHE END)

V.22. And the voice of HARPERS,and MUSICIANS, and PIPERS,and TRUMPETERS, shall be heard no more at all in thee; and no CRAFTSMAN,(the expert men),of what so ever craft he be,shall be found anymore in thee; and the sound of a MILLSTONE(industry) shall be heard no more in thee.

So there you go: this world has bewitched us with her delicacies and luxuries,to make us forget The creator.

The roman church is not babylon; but part of babylon.

America is not the mother of harlots either,it is part of babylon.

1.When the angels said to come out of her; is not only to come out of america.(rev18:4).But to come out of the system.
    Come out of the spirit of babylon.
    Great babylon is all the cities of the nations.(rev16:19.).

2.The woman was riding on the first head,which is Egypt.
    3. The woman is guilty of all the slain of the earth.
    4.The woman is a spiritual city,not a physical one,but her goods are physical.
    5. The woman is satans woman,just as Zion is Gods woman.
    6.Jesus 2nd coming is not just to detroy america,but the world
    system of things.

7.She is sitting on the 7th head today.
    8. She is loved by the world, because she can fulfil the desires of the hearts.
    9. Gods woman Zion is clothed with the sun;but the woman babylon the great is clothed with puple and red and pearls and gold.(material).
    She thinks a queen forever,but will be destroyed in one day. rev18:8.

wakeup.

terraricca
    Participant

t8

God judged Babylon for her religion and idols, leading me to the religious view of Babylon

not so ;

Most High God is sovereign over the kingdoms of men and sets over them anyone he wishes.
    Da 5:22 “But you his son, O Belshazzar, have not humbled yourself, though you knew all this.
    Da 5:23 Instead, you have set yourself up against the Lord of heaven. You had the goblets from his temple brought to you, and you and your nobles, your wives and your concubines drank wine from them. You praised the gods of silver and gold, of bronze, iron, wood and stone, which cannot see or hear or understand. But you did not honor the God who holds in his hand your life and all your ways.
    Da 5:24 Therefore he sent the hand that wrote the inscription.
    Da 5:25 “This is the inscription that was written:

MENE, MENE, TEKEL, PARSIN

Da 5:26 “This is what these words mean:

Mene: God has numbered the days of your reign and brought it to an end.
    Da 5:27 Tekel: You have been weighed on the scales and found wanting.
    Da 5:28 Peres: Your kingdom is divided and given to the Medes and Persians.”

SO IT WAS THE ;; But you did not honor the God who holds in his hand your life and all your ways. ( THIS WOULD BE THE SAME REASON ON THE ENTIRE WORLD OF TODAY)

Mene: God has numbered the days of your reign and brought it to an end.(YOU HAVE BEEN JUDGED)

Da 5:27 Tekel: You have been weighed on the scales and found wanting. (YOU HAVE NO DEEDS WORT TO GOD )

Da 5:28 Peres: Your kingdom is divided and given to the Medes and Persians.”(BECAUSE OF ALL THE ABOVE YOUR KINGDOM AS BEEN GIVEN TO ANOTHER “CHRIST THE KING OF KINGS )

Wakeup
    Participant

Terra.

Putting the material fist in life is also worshipping.
    This is what babylon the great is;
    worshipping the material instead of God.
    money and leisure is the God of this world,and this woman can provide.

Seeking for bread that can not give everlasting life,instead of the living bread.

wakeup.

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Feb. 28 2013,14:58)
    The USA has stood out to me sometimes.

I was teaching in Colombia once and picked up a text book and there was a section about the USA and how it was likened to Babylon, where all races and people were represented and where both had great trade. Sometimes it seems obvious to me that it must be the USA, but then it also seems pretty obvious that it is Rome or even Christendom itself.

Babylon had 2 sides to it. The religious side and the commerce side. God judged Babylon for her religion and idols, leading me to the religious view of Babylon. Especially with descriptions of being clothed in purple and holding a golden cup in her hand. But if Babylon the Great was referring to an economic power that collapsed in one day either by attack or financial ruin, then I would guess it to be the USA. When it talks about trading boats mourning her destruction because of her trade, I think of the USA. Although New York could fit that description too.

This is why Babylon confuses me somewhat. Ironic I know. But there seems to be 2 horses in the front of that race and for different reasons.

T8.

Trade is also become a type of worship.
    Money is power, and power corrupts.
    The love of money is the root of all evil.

This world does not consider God to be worshipped,but the power of wealth,and greed is the motive,and oppression.
    Oppressing the poor,grinding their faces in the dirt.
    This is why Jesus is all for the poor.

wakeup.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 01 2013,21:44)
    t8

God judged Babylon for her religion and idols, leading me to the religious view of Babylon

not so ;

Most High God is sovereign over the kingdoms of men and sets over them anyone he wishes.
    Da 5:22 “But you his son, O Belshazzar, have not humbled yourself, though you knew all this.
    Da 5:23 Instead, you have set yourself up against the Lord of heaven. You had the goblets from his temple brought to you, and you and your nobles, your wives and your concubines drank wine from them. You praised the gods of silver and gold, of bronze, iron, wood and stone, which cannot see or hear or understand. But you did not honor the God who holds in his hand your life and all your ways.

SO IT WAS THE ;; But you did not honor the God who holds in his hand your life and all your ways. ( THIS WOULD BE THE SAME REASON ON THE ENTIRE WORLD OF TODAY)

Mene: God has numbered the days of your reign and brought it to an end.(YOU HAVE BEEN JUDGED)

Da 5:27 Tekel: You have been weighed on the scales and found wanting. (YOU HAVE NO DEEDS WORT TO GOD )

Da 5:28 Peres: Your kingdom is divided and given to the Medes and Persians.”(BECAUSE OF ALL THE ABOVE YOUR KINGDOM AS BEEN GIVEN TO ANOTHER “CHRIST THE KING OF KINGS )

Rev 17:4 The woman was dressed in purple and scarlet, and was glittering with gold, precious stones and pearls.She held a golden cup in her hand , filled with abominable things and the filth of her adulteries.
    Rev 17:5 This title was written on her forehead:

see the connection with the golden cup ,and what it means

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 02 2013,07:22)

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 01 2013,21:44)
    t8

not so ;

Rev 17:4 The woman was dressed in purple and scarlet, and was glittering with gold, precious stones and pearls.She held a golden cup in her hand , filled with abominable things and the filth of her adulteries.
    Rev 17:5 This title was written on her forehead:

see the connection with the golden cup ,and what it means

Terra.

She made all the nations druken with her wine.
    Drunken with her goods and religions.
    Many christians also seem to worship God ,but still have the spirit of babylon. The spirit of the world is still in them.

They have not yet received the renewing of the mind.

wakeup.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 121 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account