My church part 2

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Author

I visited your heretic church website. This is what I found:

There is One God. God is the Father in creation, brings salvation through His Son in redemption, and lives in our lives through His Spirit. His name is Jesus Christ, God manifest in the flesh. He is both God and man (Deuteronomy 6:4, Colossians 2:9, John 4:24, and 1 Timothy 3:16).

A couple questions:

1. Is the Father “man”?

2. Is the Holy Spirit “man”?

3. Was God always “man” or do you believe He became man at some point in time?

I won't overload you. That is all for now.

georg
    Participant

Quote (Jesus name follower of Christ @ July 01 2009,23:28)
    it  hapens to be the church that i go to t8.  and Gods spirit falls often:D

If you believe in the Bible, then you should know, that you can't prove the trinity doctrine,which your Church believes in.
    Read Matrh. 15:9 and Rev.18:4.
    I also have given you Scriptures that shows how wrong the trinity is. So sad, that some will not learn the truth.
    Irene

in Him (Jesus) dwelt all the fullness of the Godhead.

God is a spirit and those who worship Him must worship Him in spirit and truth.

in luke chapter one the Holy Ghost was to over shadow mary and she would concieve so if the Holy Ghost was there at conseption it makes Him the father which trinity puts in the third part

Quote (Jesus name follower of Christ @ Oct. 08 2009,07:59)

in luke chapter one the Holy Ghost was to over shadow mary and she would concieve so if the Holy Ghost was there at conseption it makes Him the father which trinity puts in the third part

You have left me with my same questions. If that was too hard, please answer this:

1. Is the Father the Son?

2. Is the Holy Spirit the Father?

3. Is the Son the Holy Spirit?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CA,
    Your confusion is the fruit of your trinity folly.

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Oct. 08 2009,09:24)

You have left me with my same questions.  If that was too hard, please answer this:

question 1 yes
    question 2 yes
    question 3 yes

Quote (Jesus name follower of Christ @ Oct. 09 2009,06:29)

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Oct. 08 2009,09:24)

You have left me with my same questions.  If that was too hard, please answer this:

question 1 yes
    question 2 yes
    question 3 yes

Please refrain from citing Ignatius of Antioch from this moment on:

Ignatius of Antioch

“Jesus Christ . . . was with the Father before the beginning of time, and in the end was revealed. . . . Jesus Christ . . . came forth from one Father and is with and has gone to one [Father]. . . . [T]here is one God, who has manifested himself by Jesus Christ his Son, who is his eternal Word, not proceeding forth from silence, and who in all things pleased him that sent him” (Letter to the Magnesians 6–8 [A.D. 110] emphasis added).

Also, please refrain from using Justin Martyr to prove anything:

“God speaks in the creation of man with the very same design, in the following words: `Let us make man after our image and likeness' . . . I shall quote again the words narrated by Moses himself, from which we can indisputably learn that [God] conversed with someone numerically distinct from himself and also a rational being. . . . But this Offspring who was truly brought forth from the Father, was with the Father before all the creatures, and the Father communed with him” (Dialogue with Trypho the Jew 62 [A.D. 155]).

Also please refrain from quoting the beloved Polycarp disciple of John the beloved:

“I praise you for all things, I bless you, I glorify you, along with the everlasting and heavenly Jesus Christ, your beloved Son, with whom, to you and the Holy Spirit, be glory both now and to all coming ages. Amen” (Martyrdom of Polycarp 14 [A.D. 156]).

Please also refrain from quoting Irenaeus of Lyon:

“For with him [the Father] were always present the Word and Wisdom, the Son and the Spirit, by whom and in whom freely and spontaneously he made all things, to whom also he speaks, saying, `Let us make man in our image and likeness'” (Against Heresies 4:20:1 [A.D. 195]).

Please refrain from quoting St. Paul:

“Blessed by the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with spiritual blessings in heavenly places, in Christ:” – Eph. 1:3

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CA,
    Then why not join the kingdom and partake?
    These blessings are not owned by carnal religious men.

CA which scripture were you siting or wes it other stuff

Quote (Jesus name follower of Christ @ Oct. 09 2009,06:54)
    CA which scripture were you siting or wes it  other stuff

Sabellius,

Did you miss this one?

Please refrain from quoting St. Paul:

“Blessed by the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with spiritual blessings in heavenly places, in Christ:” – Eph. 1:3

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CA,
    Blessed BE or BY?[actually neither are in the manuscripts]

Either way there is one God the Father of Jesus Christ.

right nick

How about this one:

Irenaeus

“For with him [the Father] were always present the Word and Wisdom, the Son and the Spirit, by whom and in whom freely and spontaneously he made all things, to whom also he speaks, saying, `Let us make man in our image and likeness'” (Against Heresies 4:20:1 [A.D. 195]).

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    I did not know the writings of this man were canonised.
    Do they have the imprimatur and nihil obstat or are you standing alone?

the church should make all feel welcome

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account