Monotheism is scripture's theme.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 183 total)
  • Author
    bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ June 24 2009,05:47)
    Hi Bo,
    As I understand it, Muslims have to do good works to gain eternal life and that their good works need to outweigh their bad works, Christians rest in the Lord Jesus's work to gain eternal life and while resting in Him, He serves others through them.

Heb 4:10-11
    10 For the one who has entered His rest has himself also rested from his works, as God did from His.
    11 Therefore let us be diligent to enter that rest, so that no one will fall, through following the same example of disobedience.
    NASU

I think of it like this, before entering into Christ's rest we were workers so that we may be glorified, after entering Christ's rest we become servants with an attitude of allowing GOD to serve others through us so that GOD may be glorified.

I think the mindset is different.  Possibly Muslims work in order to gain whereas the mindset of the Christian is to serve without expecting anything.  Christians have the assurance of salvation in that Christ paid their price for salvation to those who acknowledge that He did indeed pay the price which was the shedding of blood, bearing our sin leading to His death on the cross, and the resurrection.  Muslims do not acknowledge that as I understand it.  

Muslims can't do both…acknowledge the shedding of Jesus's blood, death and resurrection and not acknowledge the shedding of Jesus's blood, death, and resurrection.  That is impossible.  So, I don't believe that a person can be both Muslim and Christian. IMO

Just some thoughts there,
    Kathi

Matthew 9:12-14 (King James Version)

12But when Jesus heard that, he said unto them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick.

13But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Luke 24:46-48 (King James Version)

46And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:

47And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Acts 5:30-32 (King James Version)

30The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree.

31Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

Acts 20:21 (King James Version)

21Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

Acts 26: (King James Version)

20But shewed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance.

1 Peter 2:11-13 (King James Version)

11Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul;

12Having your conversation honest among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by your good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation.

(1) They believe in Allah and the Last Day; they enjoin what is right, and forbid what is wrong; and they hasten (in emulation) in (all) good works: They are in the ranks of the righteous.
    ( سورة آل عمران , Aal-e-Imran, Chapter #3, Verse #114)

(2) Whoever works righteousness, man or woman, and has Faith, verily, to him will We give a new Life, a life that is good and pure and We will bestow on such their reward according to the best of their actions.
    ( سورة النحل , An-Nahl, Chapter #16, Verse #97)

(6) Unless he repents, believes, and works righteous deeds, for Allah will change the evil of such persons into good, and Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful,
    ( سورة الفرقان , Al-Furqan, Chapter #25, Verse #70)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    Why do you show the words of God to the brothers of Jesus as if they apply to those of other religions?

Paladin
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ June 24 2009,04:12)
    bodhitharta said:

For the Man is the head of the woman and Christ is the head of the church and God is the head of Christ yet they are all One but YHWH is ONE SOVEREIGN GOD not you, me or Christ are equal in rank or authority,

bd,
    YHWH simply means “I Am” or “I shall be.” The Hebrew “Adonai”  means “SOVEREIGN GOD.” Christ is Adonai,

YHWH said to my Sovereign, “Sit thou at My right hand until I make Your enemies Your footstool….Adonai is at your right hand (Psalm 110:1,5)

The Sovereign God (Adonai) sits at YHWH's right hand!

thinker

(thinker)

The Hebrew “Adonai” means “SOVEREIGN GOD.” Christ is Adonai,

YHWH said to my Sovereign, “Sit thou at My right hand until I make Your enemies Your footstool….Adonai is at your right hand (Psalm 110:1,5)

thinker

Where does THIS little gem come from?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 24 2009,06:33)
    Hi BD,
    Why do you show the words of God to the brothers of Jesus as if they apply to those of other religions?

(9) This Qur'an is not such as can be produced by other than allah. on the contrary it is a confirmation of (revelations) that went before it, and a fuller explanation of the Book – wherein there is no doubt – from the Lord of the worlds.
    ( سورة يونس , Yunus, Chapter #10, Verse #37)

(1) Praise be to allah, the Cherisher and Sustainer of the worlds;
    ( سورة الفاتحة , Al-Fatiha, Chapter #1, Verse #2)

Paladin
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ June 23 2009,11:21)
    Hi PD

So is this your writings or is it the writings of another? It seems to like a quote from <a href="http://books.google.com/books?id=i4YVAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA178&lpg=PA178&dq=Because+there+is+no+evidence+to+prove+that+the+first+converts+to+Christianity+ever+incurre

d+the+imputation+of+idolatry+from+the+Jews,+as+they+must+have+done+had+they+believed+and+t

aught+that+the+Son,+as+well+as+the+Father,+is+Jehovah%3B+while+it+is+notorious+that+this+imputation+has+been+among+the+most+common+of+the+Jewish

+reproaches+against+Christians,+since+the+Trinity+became+a+doctrine+of+the+Church.&source=bl&ots=Kfmm8gYqWb&sig=eXtNTC87v-UUeCRU0e9t4JU8RQk&hl=en&ei=oAxAStSGF4eNtgfA4vm0Bg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1″ target=”_blank”>here…

If your material is borrowed and edited, then isn't it fair to show the source and give credit where credit is due?

Hopefully this is not the case.

BTW thanks for your concern for my wife. But I did thank everyone for the prayers and gave a report of her progress after the surgery in the prayer thread. She is doing fine, but just sore.

Blessings WJ

You win WJ

My post is plagiarized from Moses, David, and Isaiah.

Since they do not hold the copyright, according to copyright law, they are “public domain.”

Sorry I failed to explain that.

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 23 2009,14:18)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ June 24 2009,05:10)

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 23 2009,13:01)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ June 24 2009,04:48)

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 23 2009,12:02)

Quote (thethinker @ June 24 2009,03:19)

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 23 2009,13:51)

Quote (thethinker @ June 23 2009,13:03)
    WorshippingJesus said:

This means “Equality with God”, for he is not above him nor beneath him but at his right hand, all power and authority given to him. In fact at this time it seems that Jesus is not even subject to the Father and will not be until all things are subject to him (Jesus) and then Jesus will subject himself to the Father that God may be all in all. Yet at this time Jesus is all in all.

WJ,
    Exactly! The position at the right hand is equality and the unitarians won't accept this. Jesus said that He has ALL authority now.

thinker

Thinker,

You believe in 2 Gods. If one thing equals another than there are two things.

bd,
    I believe in one true Elohim as opposed to many. Elohim is plural and has been shown. I don't believe in two Gods anymore then you believe in two Lords assuming that you confess  both the Father and the Son as Lord. They constitute one Lord. Right or wrong?

bodhitharta said:

Man and woman are a pair, right. There unity is not in number

If their unity is not in number then there is no unity of which to speak.

thinker

How many beings are 1 man and 1 woman?

Unity of Purpose and possession is not rank of Authority

For the Man is the head of the woman and Christ is the head of the church and God is the head of Christ yet they are all One but YHWH is ONE SOVEREIGN GOD not you, me or Christ are equal in rank or authority,

Hi BD

Then please explain how 2 beings can be one flesh.

Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh. Gen 2:24

The body of Christ is one Body but many members, is it not?

And if they were all one member, where were the body? But now are they many members, yet but one body. 1 Cor 12:19, 20

WJ

To be one flesh is to be united and to be one body is to be united.

Do you understand Allegory?

al·le·go·ry    (l-gôr, -gr) KEY  

NOUN:
    pl. al·le·go·ries

The representation of abstract ideas or principles by characters, figures, or events in narrative, dramatic, or pictorial form.

Hi BD

Those scriptures are not allegorys.

But I understand that you cannot see the “Plurality of Unity” found in the scriptures.

You cannot mix oil and water, no more than you can mix a muslim with a Christian.

WJ

A Christian must be a Muslim to be born again because to be born again means to Submit to God i.e. Muslim

There is plurality of Unity such as God being the Only Power who has Powers.

There is no plurality of Uniqueness.

By the way they must be allegories or else a man and his wife are siamese twins and there are millions of human beings literally attached by their skin.

Trust me its allegory

Hi BD

Allegorys cannot leave their Fathers and Mothers and cleave to their wives and become “One Flesh”.

Maybe you cannot see it that way but is a reality in scripture and not an Allegory.

If becoming one flesh is an allegory then what is it an allegory of, simese twins?  :D

By the way, the body of Christ is a living and breathing organism with Christ who is the Head, for we have all been made to drink of that one Spirit and been baptised into that one Body. That is also a reality and not just an allegory!

WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    And God is the head of Christ. There is no trinity .

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Paladin @ June 24 2009,06:36)

thethinker,June wrote:

bodhitharta said:

bd,
    YHWH simply means “I Am” or “I shall be.” The Hebrew “Adonai”  means “SOVEREIGN GOD.” Christ is Adonai,

thinker

(thinker)

The Hebrew “Adonai”  means “SOVEREIGN GOD.” Christ is Adonai,

thinker

That's it?

I am not going to do your homework for you. But I will provide you with one example that the Hebrew “Adonai” is the proper name for God,

Preserve me, O God, for in you I put my trust. O my soul, you have said to YHWH, “You are my Adonai….” (Psalm 16:1)

Jesus is Adonai at YHWH's right hand (Ps. 110:5). Therefore, God is at YHWH's right hand. The only logical conclusion is that God is a plural entity.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    Where is it shown that weak carnal greek logic resolves scripture?
    Let it speak

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ June 24 2009,06:48)

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 23 2009,14:18)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ June 24 2009,05:10)

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 23 2009,13:01)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ June 24 2009,04:48)

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 23 2009,12:02)

Quote (thethinker @ June 24 2009,03:19)

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 23 2009,13:51)

Quote (thethinker @ June 23 2009,13:03)
    WorshippingJesus said:

This means “Equality with God”, for he is not above him nor beneath him but at his right hand, all power and authority given to him. In fact at this time it seems that Jesus is not even subject to the Father and will not be until all things are subject to him (Jesus) and then Jesus will subject himself to the Father that God may be all in all. Yet at this time Jesus is all in all.

WJ,
    Exactly! The position at the right hand is equality and the unitarians won't accept this. Jesus said that He has ALL authority now.

thinker

Thinker,

You believe in 2 Gods. If one thing equals another than there are two things.

bd,
    I believe in one true Elohim as opposed to many. Elohim is plural and has been shown. I don't believe in two Gods anymore then you believe in two Lords assuming that you confess  both the Father and the Son as Lord. They constitute one Lord. Right or wrong?

bodhitharta said:

Man and woman are a pair, right. There unity is not in number

If their unity is not in number then there is no unity of which to speak.

thinker

How many beings are 1 man and 1 woman?

Unity of Purpose and possession is not rank of Authority

Hi BD

Then please explain how 2 beings can be one flesh.

Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh. Gen 2:24

The body of Christ is one Body but many members, is it not?

And if they were all one member, where were the body? But now are they many members, yet but one body. 1 Cor 12:19, 20

WJ

To be one flesh is to be united and to be one body is to be united.

Do you understand Allegory?

al·le·go·ry    (l-gôr, -gr) KEY  

NOUN:
    pl. al·le·go·ries

The representation of abstract ideas or principles by characters, figures, or events in narrative, dramatic, or pictorial form.

Hi BD

Those scriptures are not allegorys.

But I understand that you cannot see the “Plurality of Unity” found in the scriptures.

You cannot mix oil and water, no more than you can mix a muslim with a Christian.

WJ

A Christian must be a Muslim to be born again because to be born again means to Submit to God i.e. Muslim

There is plurality of Unity such as God being the Only Power who has Powers.

There is no plurality of Uniqueness.

By the way they must be allegories or else a man and his wife are siamese twins and there are millions of human beings literally attached by their skin.

Trust me its allegory

Hi BD

Allegorys cannot leave their Fathers and Mothers and cleave to their wives and become “One Flesh”.

Maybe you cannot see it that way but is a reality in scripture and not an Allegory.

If becoming one flesh is an allegory then what is it an allegory of, simese twins?  :D

By the way, the body of Christ is a living and breathing organism with Christ who is the Head, for we have all been made to drink of that one Spirit and been baptised into that one Body. That is also a reality and not just an allegory!

WJ

Your whole thought process is Allegory and you need to see that Christ is not sitting on the literal head of a literal Body you still don't understand what Allegory is.

Baptism itself is a function that demonstrates that you are symbolically washing sin away and starting a new life.You are not literally washing sin off of you it's not like sin is a physical chemical object that soap gets rid of. You have not literally drank the spirit of Christ and of course you get thirsty every day.

Once you understand Allegory you will start understanding the basics right now the Allegory is seductive to you.

Quote (Paladin @ June 23 2009,14:47)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ June 23 2009,11:21)
    Hi PD

So is this your writings or is it the writings of another? It seems to like a quote from <a href="http://books.google.com/books?id=i4YVAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA178&lpg=PA178&dq=Because+there+is+no+evidence+to+prove+that+the+first+converts+to+Christianity+ever+incurre

d+the+imputation+of+idolatry+from+the+Jews,+as+they+must+have+done+had+they+believed+and+t

aught+that+the+Son,+as+well+as+the+Father,+is+Jehovah%3B+while+it+is+notorious+that+this+imputation+has+been+among+the+most+common+of+the+Jewish

+reproaches+against+Christians,+since+the+Trinity+became+a+doctrine+of+the+Church.&source=bl&ots=Kfmm8gYqWb&sig=eXtNTC87v-UUeCRU0e9t4JU8RQk&hl=en&ei=oAxAStSGF4eNtgfA4vm0Bg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1″ target=”_blank”>here…

If your material is borrowed and edited, then isn't it fair to show the source and give credit where credit is due?

Hopefully this is not the case.

BTW thanks for your concern for my wife. But I did thank everyone for the prayers and gave a report of her progress after the surgery in the prayer thread. She is doing fine, but just sore.

Blessings WJ

You win WJ

My post is plagiarized from Moses, David, and Isaiah.

Since they do not hold the copyright, according to copyright law, they are “public domain.”

Sorry I failed to explain that.

Hi PD

I never said you were plagiarizing did I?

Those are your words. Let your own conscience be your judge.

You should know the difference in “quoting” works in your own words and copying whole paragraphs from a source without showing where it came from, or basically stealing an idea and changing it to claim it as your own works.

And as far as David, Moses and Isaiah, you do leave the book chapter and verse after your quotes unless they are obvious don't you?

Amazing! But, I forgive you for accusing me falsly anyway!

Blessings WJ

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ June 24 2009,06:59)

thethinker,June wrote:

bodhitharta said:

bd,

thinker

(thinker)

thinker

That's it?

I am not going to do your homework for you. But I will provide you with one example that the Hebrew “Adonai” is the proper name for God,

Preserve me, O God, for in you I put my trust. O my soul, you have said to YHWH, “You are my Adonai….” (Psalm 16:1)

Jesus is Adonai at YHWH's right hand (Ps. 110:5). Therefore, God is at YHWH's right hand. The only logical conclusion is that God is a plural entity.

thinker

You do realize that Adonai was inserted in the Scriptures to preserve the sanctity of the name of God, right?

Paladin
    Participant

thethinker,June wrote:

bodhitharta said:

bd,

thinker

(thinker)

thinker

That's it?

thinker

What does WJ say about this? Does “Adonai” mean “soverign God?”

Do you offer a source?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    It is the inner washing in the blood of Christ that cleanses the vessel.
    Water baptism is a plea in repentant faith for that Divine action.[1Peter3]
    Circumcision or water baptism alone are useless so infant baptism is a joke.

Quote (Paladin @ June 23 2009,15:04)

thethinker,June wrote:

bodhitharta said:

bd,
    YHWH simply means “I Am” or “I shall be.” The Hebrew “Adonai” means “SOVEREIGN GOD.” Christ is Adonai,

thinker

(thinker)

The Hebrew “Adonai” means “SOVEREIGN GOD.” Christ is Adonai,

thinker

That's it?

thinker

Do you offer a source?

Hi PD

It’s simple. There is One God and he is sovereign Therefore you have to reconcile why the Apostles call Jesus God and yet claim there is only one God.

Maybe you can give us an example of any Apostle or follower of Jesus calling any other being their God, besides the Father, Jesus and the Holy Spirit in the NT scriptures?

I didn't think so.

Is there a difference in “SOVEREIGN GOD”, or “Mighty God”, (Isa 9:6) “Lord and God” (John 20:28), “Great God”, (Titus 2:13) or “Almighty God” (Rev 1:8)

in the Prophets and Apostles eyes that were strict “Monotheist” that believed in only “One God” yet called Jesus God?

WJ

Paladin
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ June 24 2009,07:19)

Quote (Paladin @ June 23 2009,15:04)

thethinker,June wrote:

bodhitharta said:

bd,

thinker

(thinker)

thinker

That's it?

thinker

Do you offer a source?

Hi PD

It’s simple. There is One God and he is sovereign Therefore you have to reconcile why the Apostles call Jesus God and yet claim there is only one God.

Maybe you can give us an example of any Apostle or follower of Jesus calling any other being their God, besides the Father, Jesus and the Holy Spirit in the NT scriptures?

I didn't think so.

Is there a difference in “SOVEREIGN GOD”, or “Mighty God”, (Isa 9:6) “Lord and God” (John 20:28), “Great God”, (Titus 2:13) or “Almighty God” (Rev 1:8)

in the Prophets and Apostles eyes that were strict “Monotheist” that believed in only “One God” yet called Jesus God?

WJ

So, does that mean you DON'T agree with thinker, that “Adonai” MEANS “soverign God?”

All I want is a commitment or an admissioon that it is just an opinion. If it is an opinion, I would like to see its basis.

KangarooJack
    Participant

bodhitharta said:

Your whole thought process is Allegory and you need to see that Christ is not sitting on the literal head of a literal Body you still don't understand what Allegory is.

bd,
    I hope WJ doesn't mind my clarifying for him here. He is NOT saying that the body of Christ is literal. He is saying that it is mystical but real. The point is that it is a plural unity with many constituting ONE. I think you are just trying to deflect from this because you can't handle that the plural unity concept abounds in Scripture.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    If we are one with Christ and Christ is God are you saying we are God?

Paladin
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ June 24 2009,04:12)
    bodhitharta said:

bd,

thinker

(thinker)

thinker

Hey thinker; I don't think WJ agrees with your assessment. I can't get a commitment out of him.

Shouldn't you rethink this one?

KangarooJack
    Participant

Paladin said:

So, does that mean you DON'T agree with thinker, that “Adonai” MEANS “soverign God?”

All I want is a commitment or an admissioon that it is just an opinion. If it is an opinion, I would like to see its basis.

Paladin,
    What's this all about? I gave you Psalm 16:1-2 and you are evading me and dragging WJ into it. Okay, here is another example of the use of Adonai,

Stir up Yourself, and awake to my vindication, to my cause, my God and my Adonai (Psalm 35:23Z)

Adonai here is the proper name for God. And you don't need for WJ to verify it. Just check the Strong's Concordance # 136. It says that Adonai is the “proper name for God.” Now that I have given you a source in addition to the Scriptures I see no reason why you must continue to drag WJ into it. But I would welcome his input without the fear of being contradicted. Here is Psalm 110 again,

YHWH said to my Sovereign, “Sit thou at My right hand until I make Your enemies Your footstool….Adonai (God) is at your right hand (Psalm 110:1,5)

thinker

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 183 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account