Monogenes

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 395 total)
  • Author
    Not3in1
    Participant

Again, I never said anything about God not being my Saviour.

Not3in1
    Participant

1. Stop pretending that God is one person, and the confusion goes away.

Tim2, did you re-read this before you posted it? “Stop PRETENDING that God is one person…..” I would watch it, if I were you. Lightening does strike in the same place more than once :)

What do you think the Jews of Jesus' day would have said to your above statement?
    What do you think the religious leaders of the day believed about God? He is One. Not three persons in that One God, Tim. I'm sorry. There is no record of this teaching. If there is, everyone would be Trinitarians. You cut, and you paste to get these verses to make a Trinity docrtrine. But no Christian taught on the “subject” of a triune God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tim2,
    You say
    “Stop pretending that God is one person, and the confusion goes away.”
    but Jesus says in
    Mark 12:29
    “And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:”
    Whom should we believe?

Not3in1
    Participant

But again, this thread has turned into a Trinity thread. I came here hoping for more insight into the MONOGENES Son of God. Anyone?

Quote (Not3in1 @ April 20 2007,10:39)
    Again, I never said anything about God not being my Saviour.

Not3

Then if Jesus is not God, and he is your saviour and the Father is your saviour then you have 2 saviours.

:)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,

Lk 7
    ” 8For I also am a man set under authority, having under me soldiers, and I say unto one, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it.”

If you were a private in the army and the lance corporal told you to do something would you obey him?
    What if the sargeant told you to polish your shoes would you?
    If a Captain told you to polish his shoes would you?
    Or would you only obey the General?

Jesus is the Captain of our salvation.

Hebrews 2:10
    For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

Obey him.

Not3in1
    Participant

God is our Savior who delegates to his Son.

2 Cor. 5:18
    All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ…..

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    And of course we are basic soldiers, and soldiers in active service.
    2 Timothy 2:3
    Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.
    2 Timothy 2:4
    No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Tim2
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 20 2007,10:04)
    Hi Tim2
    You say
    “.  Remember that the Bible says that three persons are God.”

Where is this statement?
    Surely you would not take three statements and make one composite one out of them and expect it to compare with even ONE VERSE from the mouth of God?
    Get serious.

John 17:3
    John 1:1
    Acts 5:4

Tim2
    Participant

Jesus is the captain of our salvation? Actually it says He is our Saviour. Titus 1:4, 2:13. That last one says He's God too. I guess it's time to erase all the stuff on this site about Him not being God, now that we've discovered this verse.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Tim2 @ April 20 2007,15:38)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 20 2007,10:04)
    Hi Tim2
    You say
    “.  Remember that the Bible says that three persons are God.”

Where is this statement?
    Surely you would not take three statements and make one composite one out of them and expect it to compare with even ONE VERSE from the mouth of God?
    Get serious.

John 17:3
    John 1:1
    Acts 5:4

Hi Tim2,
    You offer three verses as you cannot find one that says it?
    You want us to tie them together to make up your doctrine?
    Sorry but this is scriptural abuse.

Tim2
    Participant

Hi Nick,

You hide behind a human invention, verses? It is all the word of God. If you cannot refute it, repent.

Tim

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tim2,
    Look at how truth is established in scripture.
    Isaiah 28:10
    “For He says,' Order on order, order on order,Line on line, line on line,A little here, a little there.'”
    2Cor 13
    1……EVERY FACT IS TO BE CONFIRMED BY THE TESTIMONY OF TWO OR THREE WITNESSES.”

You cannot find one verse to confirm God is three.
    You instead offer three verses to knit together as one.
    Surely you know this is not how to extract truth from scripture?

Tim2
    Participant

Hi Nick,

Surely you agree that whatever Scripture says is true, right? Does God have to repeat himself 2 or 3 times for you? So if Scripture says that the Father is God, then the Father is God. And if Scripture says the Son is god, then the Son is God. And if Scripture says the Holy Spirit is God, then the Holy Spirit is God. Since you agree that Scripture asserts each of these, what's left to talk about?

Tim

Not3in1
    Participant

Tim2,
    Yes, the scriptures call Jesus God, they call the Father God, they call the Holy Spirit God – YES, YES, YES!!!! But what some have said so well, is that it is the context of which each is called God that we need to draw our attention to. Adam Pastor did a lovely job of pointing this out. Did you read his post?

The Holy Spirit is called God because that is WHO God is, so that is more than appropriate. It doesn't (have to) mean that the Holy Spirit is a different person (yet the same) as God?

The Father is God – no one is arguing this.

Jesus is called God (god) – and no one is arguing that he is called thus. But it is the context by which he is called God (god), and what it means. It doesn't (have to) mean that he is the second person of this same one

God. Scripture also can be interpreted other ways, as Adam Pastor and other's have pointed out.

But just as Nick won't listen to you, and you get upset and frustrated. So you won't listen to others.

What's left to talk about? I hope a ton! I'm starting to really enjoy this board and the discussions (debates). Most of the folks in my life are not interested in theological debates or ponderings. Like some people are interested in politics (snor), I love talking about biblical topics. So, finding this board has been exciting. I hope there is still a lot to talk about.

Maybe try to be less condeming :) and you'll last longer – otherwise, you're going to burn out. And I'll miss you here……

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Tim2 @ April 20 2007,17:13)
    Hi Nick,

Surely you agree that whatever Scripture says is true, right?  Does God have to repeat himself 2 or 3 times for you?  So if Scripture says that the Father is God, then the Father is God.  And if Scripture says the Son is god, then the Son is God.  And if Scripture says the Holy Spirit is God, then the Holy Spirit is God.  Since you agree that Scripture asserts each of these, what's left to talk about?

Tim

Hi Tim2,
    Yes.
    If it is to be stated as true it will be shown several times.
    Then you have scriptural proof.
    Anyone can take one verse out of scripture and build a fallacious doctrine from it.
    That is why God gave us 4 gospels, building up and supporting each other.
    You must find one verse that says God is three and then we will search for others so we can agree with you.

Tim2
    Participant

Not3in1,

Good, let's talk about those verses and their context, but over on the Trinity forum, because this is the monegenes forum.

Tim

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Jesus spoke with his Dad, who had loved him before the foundation of the earth, in Jn 17

24Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.

25O righteous Father, the world hath not known thee: but I have known thee, and these have known that thou hast sent me.

26And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.

Wax he wrong and God had only liked the thought of him?

Not3in1
    Participant

I believe the Father has loved you and me before the foundations of the world, too. Did we exist with the Father before the worlds began?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    No.
    You may believe it.
    However such is not written.
    But it is written that God loved His Son.

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 395 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account