Mercy

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 119 total)
  • Author
    kerwin
    Participant

Nick Hassan wrote:

Those who would make salvation a black and white affair do not know our God.

Jesus sure made the gospel seem like a black and white affair since he clearly stated:

John 14:23-24(NIV) reads

Jesus replied, “If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. He who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.

So it is white and black as far as the gospel is concerned but in those issues that are not relevant to the gospel then it is gray as they are not really important.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    The deceived legalists say we can only be saved by obedience to the OT law and another group see only salvation by rebirth into Jesus but God is sovereign and saves many others to whom He chooses to grant mercy.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick Hassan wrote:

The deceived legalists say we can only be saved by obedience to the OT law and another group see only salvation by rebirth into Jesus but God is sovereign and saves many others to whom He chooses to grant mercy.

If you are trying to say that God judges us according to what we know then I will agree but if you are saying something else I will not agree.  If you hear Jesus’ teaching and you reject those teaching then I assure you that you will not enter the kingdom of heaven.  I also believe there are those that hear Jesus’ teachings and are not accountable for hearing them as they do not have the ability to comprehend them due to lack of mental development or other reasons that God knows but I do not.  But such individuals are not rejecting the teachings as they do not understand them in the first place.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    A quick look at what the judgement of Mt 25 is about shows that very little knowledge is necessary to find the mercy of God, only mercy towards his beseiged sons.

Participant

Hi Nick:

If what you are saying is true, how do you reconcile it with the following scripture?

: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    Yes that is the pronounced judgement.
    But it does not constrain the sovereign bountiful mercy of God

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    James 2:13
    For judgment will be merciless to one who has shown no mercy; mercy triumphs over judgment.

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 31 2009,14:41)
    Hi 94,
    Yes that is the pronounced judgement.
    But it does not constrain the sovereign bountiful mercy of God

Hi Nick:

And what about the following scriptures:

2Th 2:9 [Even him], whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

2Th 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

2Th 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

2Th 2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    That mercy being shown is the blessed exception only given to the merciful and not the rule.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    The rich man in Hades wanted to go back and tell his brothers not to ignore the poor at the gate but it was too late for him and perhaps them too.[Lk16]

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 31 2009,15:21)
    Hi 94,
    The rich man in Hades wanted to go back and tell his brothers not to ignore the poor at the gate but it was too late for him and perhaps them too.[Lk16]

What does that have to do with the scriptures that I have quoted showing that the only way to be saved is by believing the gospel?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    When did you become the one who limits God?
    God is not confined by anything or anyone.

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 31 2009,16:01)
    Hi 94,
    When did you become the one who limits God?
    God is not confined by anything or anyone.

It is His Word that states that someone who does not believe is condemned not me.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    Take off the black judge's hat and hope for God to be merciful to many, like our relations and friends.

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 31 2009,16:43)
    Hi 94,
    Take off the black judge's hat and hope for God to be merciful to many, like our relations and friends.

I preach and live the gospel, and pray for all men to come to repentance so that they can be saved.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    Yes that is our job.
    But deciding how God will deal with individuals is not.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick Hassan:

Your words show a lack of faith in God’s power and God’s love.  Don’t you think that God is concerned about your friends and relatives and is doing everything that He can do to bring them to repentance so they will be saved.  I assure you if they choose to reject Jesus’ teaching it is because they love to do evil and until they repent of that and seek God they will not enter the kingdom of heaven no matter how much you wish them to and seek to convince yourself that they will.   It is admirable that you want your friends and relatives to be saved but please do not allow Satan to use what is admirable to lead you into the destructive path of concealing your own or other’s sins by the mercy of God.  I assure you God wants you and yours to change your ways and will not blind Himself to them.

John 12:47-48(NIV) reads:

“As for the person who hears my words but does not keep them, I do not judge him. For I did not come to judge the world, but to save it. 48There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; that very word which I spoke will condemn him at the last day…”

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    You forget that whoever gives you a cup of water because you belong to me will not lose his reward.
    The road is narrow and few will choose it.
    They asked Jesus

Matthew 19:25
    When the disciples heard this, they were very astonished and said, “Then who can be saved?”

He replied.
    26And looking at them Jesus said to them, “With people this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

Make room for bountiful mercy

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 01 2009,11:21)
    Hi KW,
    You forget that whoever gives you a cup of water because you belong to me will not lose his reward.
    The road is narrow and few will choose it.
    They asked Jesus

Matthew 19:25
    When the disciples heard this, they were very astonished and said, “Then who can be saved?”

He replied.
    26And looking at them Jesus said to them, “With people this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”  

Make room for bountiful mercy

Hi Nick:

And so, the following scripture that Kerwin quoted has no bearning with you:

Jesus stated:

John 12:47-48(NIV) reads:Quote

“As for the person who hears my words but does not keep them, I do not judge him. For I did not come to judge the world, but to save it. 48There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; that very word which I spoke will condemn him at the last day…”

In order for the Word of God to be consistent, those to whom Jesus refers in Matthew 25 who are saved must have been believers.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

kerwin
    Participant

Nick Hassan wrote:

I did not forget it but rather you fail to understand it because of a false hope for those you care for but who choose to reject Jesus’ teachings.  I understand your position since I also care for those of mine that choose to reject Jesus’ teaching; but rather that embrace a false hope I instead pray that God softens their hearts so that they come to accept those teachings.  In the end their fate is in God’s hands and He is just and loving.

Matthew 10:42(NIV) reads

And if anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones because he is my disciple, I tell you the truth, he will certainly not lose his reward.”

And

Mark 9:41(NIV) reads:

I tell you the truth, anyone who gives you a cup of water in my name because you belong to Christ will certainly not lose his reward.

If your read these two scriptures you will see that there is a condition attached to the giving of the cup of water and that condition implies the giver also believes Jesus is Lord and those that believe Jesus is Lord will obey his teachings.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 119 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account