Mandy

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 383 total)
  • Author
    Is 1:18
    Participant

Why are we so divided? Because Satan is the god of this world.

Who should you believe? The Lord, He is truth.

Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Jan. 10 2008,17:35)

Quote (Is 1:18 @ Jan. 10 2008,17:24)
    On these issues some members here are right, and some are not.

Ah, yes.

And who decides which members have it right?  You?

Your truth is different from my truth.  Who decides who is right?  The bible?  God?  The local pastor?

Ultimately the Lord will decide. In the mean time I think it's vital to be a berean, seek to have biblical position on the salvic doctrines, and not be overly dogmatic on the ambigious ones.

Not3in1
    Participant

Truth is relative to culture and a host of other factor's.

One could say tha the bible is truth, or as you have said, “The Lord, He is truth.” But who is the Lord? If you were born in America, the “Lord” is Jesus. If you were born somewhere else, the “Lord” may be a statue. Who has the truth? If there is indeed only one truth.

Not3in1
    Participant

The law of noncontradiction (also called the law of contradiction) states, in the words of Aristotle, that “one cannot say of something that it is and that it is not in the same respect and at the same time”.
    source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_noncontradiction

The Bible is either the word of God, or it isn't. Both cannot be true at the same time.

Yeshua is either the Messiah, or He isn't. Both statements cannot be true.

Yeshua is either the Son of God, or He isn't. Both cannot be true….

I'm sorry, and what were you saying about being overly dogmatic? :;):

michaels
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ Jan. 11 2008,01:24)

Quote (Mandy @ Jan. 09 2008,16:07)
    “Truth” is different for everyone, as this site has proved over and over again/page by page.    

Mandy, that's just not true (excuse the pun). “Truth” is objective, not subjective.  It is exclusive by it's very nature.

The law of noncontradiction (also called the law of contradiction) states, in the words of Aristotle, that “one cannot say of something that it is and that it is not in the same respect and at the same time”.

The Bible is either the word of God, or it isn't. Both cannot be true at the same time.

On these issues some members here are right, and some are not.

:)

will you also put god in a box with this thery,?

Participant

Isaiah 2:1-3
    1The word that Isaiah the son of Amoz saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem.

2And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.

3And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.

A day is coming when we will know ALL the truth. The Lord will teach it to us.

Not3in1
    Participant

Until then, pure “truth” evades us.

Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Jan. 10 2008,17:40)
    Truth is relative to culture and a host of other factor's.

No Mandy. That is not truth, that's opinion.

One could say tha the bible is truth, or as you have said, “The Lord, He is truth.” But who is the Lord? If you were born in America, the “Lord” is Jesus. If you were born somewhere else, the “Lord” may be a statue. Who has the truth? If there is indeed only one truth.

When I used the term Lord I meant YHWH. There is only one, regardless of what people think. You agree with this much, right?

Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Jan. 10 2008,17:44)

I'm sorry, and what were you saying about being overly dogmatic?   :;):

Moi?

:D

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ Jan. 10 2008,17:49)
    When I used the term Lord I meant YHWH. There is only one, regardless of what people think. You agree with this much, right?

The NT tells us that there is one God, the Father, and that there is one Lord, Jesus Christ.

I do believe there is a God in heaven.

Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Jan. 10 2008,17:48)

John 16:13
    13Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Jan. 10 2008,17:51)
    The NT tells us that there is one God, the Father, and that there is one Lord, Jesus Christ.

So the Father is not our Lord??

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ Jan. 10 2008,17:54)

Quote (Not3in1 @ Jan. 10 2008,17:51)

So the Father is not our Lord??

You tell me, I'm just quoting scripture here.

I believe “Lord” has many definitions throughout scripture. Certainly “Lord” or “LORD” is attributed to the person or collective persons who is called God.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ Jan. 10 2008,17:53)

13Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Would you say that Nick also has the Spirit of truth? If he does, and you do as well, why are you not in agreement?

Participant

Well that's the inference if are suggesting that Paul was making an exclusivistic statement in 1 Cor 8:6. I don't think he was. Obviously the Father is Lord to us in both the sense that he is an authority to us and in the sense that he is YHWH.

Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Jan. 10 2008,18:03)

Quote (Is 1:18 @ Jan. 10 2008,17:53)

Would you say that Nick also has the Spirit of truth?  If he does, and you do as well, why are you not in agreement?

Perhaps because we're both being guided but one of us has decided that we don't want to be guided in that direction? You know the whole argument about the flesh and the spirit waging war….

I thought you would have known all this stuff Mandy.

Not3in1
    Participant

There we go deciding what the NT writers really intended. Was Paul making an exclusivistic statement? Maybe he was? Maybe he wasn't.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ Jan. 10 2008,18:07)
    I thought you would have known all this stuff Mandy.

Oh, don't mind me – I'm throwing out everything I thought I knew. I'm starting from scratch.

Your main point was that truth is a solid definition. That truth is somehow given or guided through the Spirit. But when it comes to deciding who has this “real” truth and who does not, well, it becomes a sticky-wicket, doesn't it? We are forced to speculate that some choose not to be guided…

Participant

Well if he was, then the Father is not really “Lord” to the christian. As I find this utterly incompatible with the rest of his writings on the Father, I have to discount the possibility.

Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Jan. 10 2008,18:12)
    We are forced to speculate that some choose not to be guided…

Yes. I agree.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 383 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account