Mandy

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 341 through 360 (of 383 total)
  • Author
    kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ Jan. 15 2008,18:31)

Quote (Towshab @ Jan. 14 2008,22:54)
    Haha, thanks for keeping up. I am a deist, IS.

Thanks for setting me straight. You're right I haven't been keeping up and drew the wrong conclusion that you were a judaist from some of the comments in your earlier posts.

In any case, I know the real reason you want to see me banned and it is the same concept that Christianity has as its main component: fear. Fear of hell, fear of ridicule. As I see by the way that the “Christians” are treating Not3in1, they are certainly browbeating and pushing some fear-factor tactics at her.

Wow, you have a real persecution complex Towshab. For the record I have no fear of hell whatsoever. Why would I?, I know I will not be going there.

Its similar attitudes that I saw from personal Christian acquaintances that made me see the fallacy of Christianity. If these people reflected the affect Jesus was supposed to have on their lives, Jesus was not someone I wanted to know anymore.

I would be inclined to judge Yeshua based on what is written about Him in the Bible rather than a so-called follower. Some are real and some are not.

Christians are great in welcoming a new convert but should you start to question some things about the faith, you will find yourself as the leper outside the camp. Part of this has to do with their own doubts and fears so its best to avoid the person asking the tough questions.

I think you are being far too generalistic. Not all christians are like that.

Just like here. Many Christians do not like me on here because I present things that push their faith. If your faith is based on truth, what's the big deal? You should be able to pat me one the head and say “that's nice” and laugh. But you cannot.

No Towshab. I think people have a problem with you because of your attitude. You have been abrasive and condescending in your posts from the get go. Take the perjoratives out of your posts in this thread and what's left? Not much!

So you say just because Ken gets nasty with people when they don't agree with him, that is commendable?

You misunderstood my comment. I believe WJ has set you straight here.

There are three that do set Tow straight WJ, Is1:18, and David.

I have not the Old Testament expertise that they do so I rarely say anything and if I do I won't respond to Tow's response.

Those who are like me should let the above three deal with Tow as our ignorance just makes Tow look good.

kejonn
    Participant

Really

kejonn
    Participant

Really, is it all about “setting one straight”? Shouldn't it be more about showing strong evidence?

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Jan. 16 2008,01:36)
    Really, is it all about “setting one straight”? Shouldn't it be more about showing strong evidence?

Ah! To his master's defence! YES really! :laugh:

kejonn
    Participant

You may think so, but that is the way of tyrants and dictators. “Snuff out” the “troublemakers” rather than show strong evidence to those who may be swayed. Is that the way of it?

If a presidential candidate is facing heat because of some supposed dirt dug up on him, is the better approach to attack back or provide valid evidence that the words are false?

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Jan. 16 2008,01:53)
    You may think so, but that is the way of tyrants and dictators. “Snuff out” the “troublemakers” rather than show strong evidence to those who may be swayed. Is that the way of it?

If a presidential candidate is facing heat because of some supposed dirt dug up on him, is the better approach to attack back or provide valid evidence that the words are false?

Tell me why did you start another site kejonn? Was it not an attempt to return heaven net to it's original state? Before your instructor and mentor. :)

But too late keyjonn TOO LATE! Like a disease, a bad virus it is claiming it's victims and no doubt will grow just as it is suppose too. Are you happy that you are a BIG part of it?

Has your searching into the cults made you more inspired? Have you found the answers you desire?

2Ti 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Of course that is scripture what good is scripture, huh?

Whatever keyjonn you also deny Jesus as being the Messiah and as such I have no use for you. So go on and rattle your tail like the serpent you are. Go on everyone is waiting!

kejonn
    Participant

Haha, this is grand. You are doing so much damage to the cause of Christianity with your attitude that all of the “antichrists” could pull out today and you'd run everyone else off with your nasty attitude. You've been a prime example of where legalism leads a person.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Jan. 16 2008,03:09)
    Haha, this is grand. You are doing so much damage to the cause of Christianity with your attitude that all of the “antichrists” could pull out today and you'd run everyone else off with your nasty attitude. You've been a prime example of where legalism leads a person.

So you admit that you don't believe that Jesus is the Messiah?

Towshab
    Participant

Shall you and I form a tag team Ken? I can wear them down, and you can come in a take them out. We seem to be making a very good team already and you don't even know it :p.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (acertainchap @ Jan. 16 2008,00:49)
    If Stu had editing rights Stu wouldn't use them. This is shown because Stu doesn't bother to check the posts for grammatical errors before posting them, anyway. :cool:

Actually it was my first time trying to edit but it seems I haven't quite got the hang of it yet.

Stuart :(

acertainchap
    Participant

In any case, I asked t8 to give you editing rights, but as of yet, it is a no. Maybe if you message him he will consider it. I don't know, though.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ Jan. 15 2008,20:00)
    I would have thought that since you asked two entirely separate questions, you really needed to use two question marks. But oh well….who cares.

You've got to be kidding me?

Two brilliant men talking about where to pace a comma? Give me a break guys.

Not3in1
    Participant

Last night I realized that I have been sucked into the drama again. It only prevents me from studying and asking questions. It only prevents us all from fulfilling the greatest Commandment. Here we are supposed to be the ones with the Spirit, we're supposed to be the ones who know how to really love one another because he first loved us…..what poor examples some of us have become (I certainly include myself in this group). I apologize for the lack of love in my heart towards other's. And I pray that God will grant me more faith, patience, and love. I really want to talk about the things of God, not how we are mis-using grammar OR Ken's behavior. God help us.

I really do love you all. Thanks for loving me back! :)
    Mandy

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Distractions will always be around.
    Investing time in study is more valuable.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 16 2008,09:11)
    Hi not3,
    Distractions will always be around.
    Investing time in study is more valuable.

NICK I agree with that 100%. The problem is here that everybody wants to be right and that includes me to a certain degree. That is why there is no unity here. And all the insults that have been floating around around. Makings being a Brother to them rather hard to be. Since i have been here that has been the first times in my life that that has happened. Our former friends and some of our children who do not agree with our philosophy, will neither laugh at us or argue with us, or we with them. My Husband had even been to a private Bible study that was being held at our Son's Business, they did not argue either. But here? I have been insulted and they think that is perfectly fine to do. I can't say something to an Atheist who was interfering with a Prayer and made fun of it. I told Him to get lost, because He was making fun of something like a prayer. And I was being heartless because of it. I should love Him, because that is what Jesus would have done. I wonder what Jesus would have done if someone would have interrupted Him while praying to our Heavenly Father. I just remember that Jesus did trow out the moneymakers in the Temple. What has become of this website Nick, is it me? Or do i have a reason to be upset when an Atheist interfered in my Prayer. I also would like to ask you if prayers should not be for believers only

Peace and Love MrsIM4Truth

Towshab
    Participant

Mrs,

Understand one thing that is different about an Internet forum: people can be much braver behind the anonymity of a keyboard and username then they would ever be in a face to face conversation. Myself included; I would less likely walk up to the local Christian and present my evidence.

So understand the environment. Be prepared to realize that you owe nothing to the person on the other side of the screen. They are not your loved ones, your family, or necessarily your friends. That does not mean you can't reach out or fight back but remember that this is not the most personal and real forms of communication available to you.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (seek and you will find @ Jan. 16 2008,12:39)
    I also would like to ask you if prayers should not be for believers only

Good grief!

I think I'm going to call it quits here. Truly the lack of love is making me sick to my stomach tonight. I don't know how much more I can take.

Kejonn is right – I do like it here very much. I've learned so much and quite honestly, I long for this in my life because I don't have another outlet for it. But it's making me weary and I'm beginning to be destroyed spiritually by ones who are so judgemental and lacking in love. I can't bear-up under the heaviness……

Mandy Do you realize that you are telling me again that I am not loving and it is making you sick. Did you even read what happend with Stu? I am surpose to say to Him, come on give me more of those insults? He Insulted my Prayer!!!!!!!
    I do not understand you anymore,sorry I will pray for all and that includes Stu and Tow. And especailly all those poor people that thehappyman asked for us to pray for. I hope you will do the same.
    Peace and Love MrsIM4Love

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Jan. 15 2008,20:15)
    The 2006 Ford Mondeo reproduces biologically? It has DNA/features?

Stuart

Obviously not.

Our tech isn't that sophisticated yet.

But NOTHINGS tech is.

:D

Son of Light
    Participant

Misdirected piousness:

I have told you these things so that you won’t abandon your faith. For you will be expelled from the synagogues, and the time is coming when those who kill you will think they are doing a holy service for God.

Jesus's understanding of our human condition:

Father forgive them, they don’t know what they do.

Viewing 20 posts - 341 through 360 (of 383 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account