Main stream Christianity

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    The 1000 yr reign will be a busy time putting to rights all that has been destroyed or damaged.

olive
    Participant

Good thoughts, Olive.

I hope we are not resting too long – I've never been one for naps! I tend to think we will be busy about Paradise (doing what, I'm not sure).

I am all for naps………

what will I be doing in paradise, praising, singing, rejoicing w/ all the other messengers, can't wait…………….

blessings and love

Not3in1
    Participant

The 1000 yr reign will be a busy time putting to rights all that has been destroyed or damaged.

Very cool. :)

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (olive @ May 20 2007,12:59)
    Do you think ones tend to keep away from Sabbath, because they think it must be performed as the Jewish do ?

Is not the Sabbath, shadows of things to come. Completing our work in six days, and resting on the seventh.

As Christ completed YAH's work, so we may rest in eternity. We are preparing ourselves for the ultimate rest, w/ HIM.  

Just a thought.

Blessings and love

I know that all have been deceived by the Harlot. And yes some of the churches that do keep the Sabbath have rules for the Sabbath. That is simply NOT what Jesus taught!

The Sabbath is a blessing if the Sabbath is not a blessing then you are not keeping the Sabbath the way it was ment to be kept.

Since Pentecoast the Spirit guides us in everything including the Sabbath. NEVER let anyone tell you how to keep the Sabbath. You can do no wrong in keeping the Sabbath. In keeping the Sabbath you are telling the world that Jehovah is your God and you are His child. That in itself is a great witness. Don't you think?

Follow the Spirit's lead just like you should be doing everyday.

Remember God's Commandments are not burdensome.
    1Jo 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

So if keeping the Sabbath is not a delight then Satan is confusing you.

IHN&L,

Ken

olive
    Participant

Brother Ken,

His peace be upon you.

AMEN to your words……….

As it is written:

Col 2:16-23
    Let no one, then, judge you in eating or in drinking, or in respect of a feast, or of a new moon, or of sabbaths, which are a shadow of the coming things, and the body is of the Christ; let no one beguile you of your prize, delighting in humble-mindedness and in worship of the messengers, intruding into the things he hath not seen, being vainly puffed up by the mind of his flesh, and not holding the head, from which all the body–through the joints and bands gathering supply, and being knit together–may increase with the increase of God. If, then, ye did die with the Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances? –thou mayest not touch, nor taste, nor handle– which are all for destruction with the using, after the commands and teachings of men, which are, indeed, having a matter of wisdom in will-worship, and humble-mindedness, and neglecting of body–not in any honour, unto a satisfying of the flesh.

blessings and love

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (olive @ May 23 2007,04:28)
    Brother Ken,

His peace be upon you.

AMEN to your words……….

As it is written:

Col 2:16-23
    Let no one, then, judge you in eating or in drinking, or in respect of a feast, or of a new moon, or of sabbaths, which are a shadow of the coming things, and the body is of the Christ; let no one beguile you of your prize, delighting in humble-mindedness and in worship of the messengers, intruding into the things he hath not seen, being vainly puffed up by the mind of his flesh, and not holding the head, from which all the body–through the joints and bands gathering supply, and being knit together–may increase with the increase of God. If, then, ye did die with the Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances?  –thou mayest not touch, nor taste, nor handle– which are all for destruction with the using, after the commands and teachings of men, which are, indeed, having a matter of wisdom in will-worship, and humble-mindedness, and neglecting of body–not in any honour, unto a satisfying of the flesh.

blessings and love

Hi Bro. Olive,

Col 2:14 by canceling the record of debt that stood against us with its legal demands. This he set aside, nailing it to the cross.

Jesus paid our debt that we owed because of sin (the breaking of the law). The scarificial laws were nailed to the cross being fulfilled by Christ.

Luk 24:44 Then he said to them, “These are my words that I spoke to you while I was still with you, that everything written about me in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms must be fulfilled.”

Col 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

We no longer keep the annual sabbathS that were affiliated with the sacrificial feasts. We keep no dates, moons, years, holydays except that was created from the beginning the seventh day Sabbath of God. We are forgiven our debt paid by the sacrifice of our Lord and Saviour Jesus the Christ.

Therefore no one can judge me because I don't keep those annual sabbaths because I'm forgiven.

IHN&L,

Ken

olive
    Participant

Wrong on two points Ken.

First, the love I feel in this passage, has nothing to do w/ sacrifice.

Second, I am woman.

blessings and love

Second……

olive
    Participant

Sorry, don't have editing rights yet.

blessings and love.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (olive @ May 24 2007,02:19)
    Wrong on two points Ken.

First, the love I feel in this passage, has nothing to do w/ sacrifice.

Second, I am woman.

blessings and love

Second……

Sorry SISTER! I wasn't sure what you were getting at because “most” people who quote Col. two always try to say that the Col.2:14 -16 speaks that the seventh day Sabbath of God was nailed to the cross. Anyway I should have known better by that BIG AMEN in the beginning of your posts.

I sincerely Apologize :)

IHL,

Ken

Tim2
    Participant

Hi Kenrch,

What are your thoughts on this website?

http://www.bible.ca/H-sunday.htm

Tim

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Tim2 @ June 05 2007,18:52)
    Hi Kenrch,

What are your thoughts on this website?

http://www.bible.ca/H-sunday.htm

Tim

What does scriptures say?  Was Jesus a liar when He said He would be in the heart of the earth three days and three nights.

Act 20:7  And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight.

The apostles and everyone gathered EVERYDAY to break bread.  Not just Sunday.

Act 2:46  And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,

Paul wanted a collection of food to bring to the saints.

1Co 16:1  Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given order to the churches of Galatia, even so do ye.
    1Co 16:2  Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that THERE BE NO GATHERINGS WHEN I COME.

What?! No gatherings on Sunday?!

1Co 16:3  And when I come, whomsoever ye shall approve by your letters, them will I send to bring your liberality unto Jerusalem.

Scripture says to keep God's commandments.

2Jo 1:6  And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

Scripture says that those called out of this world keep the commandments of God and have the testimony.

Rev 12:17  And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

The saints in the tribulation will be keeping the Commandments of God.

Jesus fulfilled Moses' law.

Luk 24:44  And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

Paul shows that the law of Moses, the sacrifical law and everything associsted with the sacrifical law such as moons, food, annual sabbaths were fulfilled.

1Co 7:19  For neither circumcision counts for anything nor uncircumcision, but keeping the commandments of God.

Rom 8:4  in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
    Rom 8:5  For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit.
    Rom 8:6  To set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace.
    Rom 8:7  For the mind that is set on the flesh is hostile to God, [Why Tim?] for it does not submit to God's law; indeed, it cannot.

You are in bondage Tim.  You keep Sunday because the Pope says too.  Or Why do you break the forth commandment?

Rom 3:31  Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

And finally if you want to enter heaven and partake of the tree of life you will be keeping God's Sabbath and not man's holy day the day of the Pope.

Rev 22:14  Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Tim you cannot find your doctrine of the Harlot who changed the law and times (Dan. 7:25) in scripture so you look to man instead of the the author (Holy Spirit) for answers.

Scripture says that it is the Holy Spirit who will guide you to truth NOT man.

God's people have been deceived and keep the doctrines of the Harlot the Roman Universal (Catholic) Church.
    So Jesus says to come out of Her MY PEOPLE.
    Won't you listen to Him?

IHN&L,

Ken

Tim2
    Participant

Hi Ken,

The website claims that Christians from their earliest history observed the first day of the week as the Lord's Day, and you seem to confirm this with your quotes from Acts and 1 Corinthians. So do you admit that neither Constantine nor the Pope changed the Lord's Day from the last day to the first day?

Tim

kenrch
    Participant

Act 2:46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,

Continuing Daily…from house to house.

How do you interpert this scripture? Where do you see the first day of the week?

1Co 16:1 Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given order to the churches of Galatia, even so do ye.
    1Co 16:2 Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that THERE BE NO GATHERINGS WHEN I COME.

NOW if Sunday were a regular weekly worship day then WHY would Paul tell them NOT TO GATHER!

Seems like they would gather every Sunday IF that were the NEW SABBATH. This was a work day of the week number one day of which to labor. NO GATHERINGS Paul said.

Take off those Harlot glasses Tim and come out of her.

IHN&L,

Ken

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ June 06 2007,10:31)
    1Co 16:2 Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that THERE BE NO GATHERINGS WHEN I COME.

NOW if Sunday were a regular weekly worship day then WHY would Paul tell them NOT TO GATHER!

Hi Ken,
    When kept in context I've always thought that Paul was saying – gather the tithe and offerings before I come so that it will be ready. In other words, do it before I come so that you don't have to “gather” it when I am with you. Doesn't this “gathering” refer to the offerings versus the day to actually “gather” physically?

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ June 06 2007,10:51)

1Co 16:2  Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that THERE BE NO GATHERINGS WHEN I COME.

Hi Ken,
    When kept in context I've always thought that Paul was saying – gather the tithe and offerings before I come so that it will be ready.  In other words, do it before I come so that you don't have to “gather” it when I am with you.  Doesn't this “gathering” refer to the offerings versus the day to actually “gather” physically?

Upon the first day of the week “when you gather” Does Paul say while you are gathering for the new sabbath weekly worship?

“Upon the first day of the week”. If the Sabbath day were changed then why does Paul not acknowledge this first day as the sabbath.

No Paul gives an order “upon the FIRST day of the week”. The day has not a name! It is a number just like the second through the sixth day. God's day has a name Sabbath Day the only day that has a name.
    If the first day took the place of the Sabbath day then Paul didn't think much of it. He calls it the “first” day. Not the LORD's day, not the Sabbath day, just the first day.

Did the first century church break the forth commandment?

Did they follow the Pope who proudly says they changed the Sabbath day to the first day Sunday? If the Sabbath had been changed to the first day then why was it not until the third century that the law came down from the “Most Holy Father and Constantine” to keep the first day instead of the Day of God.

Wouldn't Paul have said this Sabbath gather food for the saints at Jerusalem. But to Paul Sunday was just a number not a day to keep Holy. Not THE day of Worship it was the first day followed by the second day ETC.

Why would anyone keep the first day? The first day is just the first day of the week. Was Jesus resurrected on the first day? Scripture doesn't say He was! Jesus said three days and three nights he would be in the tomb. The tomb was found empty on the first day. He is not here He has risen the angel said. All what was found on the first day was an empty tomb.

Upon the first day, it could have been the second day or any of the other six days but it was not the Sabbath day now was it?

Then there are all of the scriptures that say to keep the commandments. Is the forth a commandment of God?

To this day it is a command to keep the commandments.

2Jo 1:6 And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

This is the commandment! To keep the commandments of God “that you have heard from the beginning”.

The true called out ones, called out from the Harlot keep the commandments of God.
    Rev 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the
    the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

The REMNANT of the first century church Keep the commandments of God.

Anyone who keeps the Harlot's day, instead of God's day is deceived and is IN the Harlot following her doctrine.

Come out of her the call goes out. Come out of her my people. Stop commiting sin the sin she created and many follow.

1Jo 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

If you keep the first day then you are sinning by breaking the forth commandment LAW of God and are a partaker of the Harlot's sin and will partake of her punishment.

Rev 18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

How much more simple can it be? But those who see through the Harlot's eyes, keep the triditions they were brought up with.
    Mar 7:7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
    Mar 7:8 For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.
    Mar 7:9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.

Because they belong to her, they cannot see this simple truth that scripture declarers over and over.

The gospel is not hard to understand if you are as a child with a clean mind. Not jammed up with the false teachings of the Harlot who's doctrine is pure confusion. Three in one. Christ in the tomb two nights one day instead of what Jesus Himself said three days and three nights. If you are of the harlot then you are in confusion and are chasing your tale.

2Co 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the . simplicity that is in Christ.

Is the Trinity simple? After three days and nights is Sunday resurrection simple.

It's your choice. No one else. What does scripture declare? Does scripture say the Sabbath day was changed to the first day. Even the harlot says NO scripture does not say the first day is the Sabbath. She wants all the credit for changing the law as prophesied in Dan. 7:25.

Tim turns once again to man for the truth of God's word.

IHN&L,

Ken

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ June 06 2007,10:51)

Hi Ken,
    When kept in context I've always thought that Paul was saying – gather the tithe and offerings before I come so that it will be ready.  In other words, do it before I come so that you don't have to “gather” it when I am with you.  Doesn't this “gathering” refer to the offerings versus the day to actually “gather” physically?

Very well could have Not3in1.

But the fact remains that the first day was not the regular worship day.

Paul made no reference to the first day being anything but the first day. :)

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ June 07 2007,05:31)

Kenrch.

Is there a such thing as an official worship day?

Should we not be free to worship God where ever and when ever?

In God's Kingdom will we be able to stop worhipping him?

Everday is a good day to worship God.

Can you refute that?

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ June 09 2007,00:58)

Quote (kenrch @ June 07 2007,05:31)

Kenrch.

Is there a such thing as an official worship day?

Should we not be free to worship God where ever and when ever?

In God's Kingdom will we be able to stop worhipping him?

Everday is a good day to worship God.

Can you refute that?

Where in heaven's name did I ever say you should only worship Jehovah on the Sabbath. Please POST IT!

I've said that on the Sabbath you do anything your Father in heaven wants you to do and not to follow man's rules.

Why ask me t8? Why don't you go to the word of God. Heck just ask Dad yourself :laugh:

Gen 2:2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.
    Gen 2:3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

The Creator MADE the Seventh day to rest. Do you “rest” everyday-ALL DAY?

The Sabbath is more of fellowship time rather than worship. But then you can't help but worship when your in HIS presence!

What day did the Pope create, bless and sanctify. Can man do such things? :laugh:

Did the Creator change the day HE created for rest and fellowship to the first day?

Why is it so hard to keep the Day Jehovah said to keep instead of the day man said was holy. What day has man created?
    :laugh:
    What scripture says that Jehovah changed HIs mind and now perfers the first day?

Do you break the command of God?

2Jo 1:6 And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

Isn't His Word enough?

Are you part of the REMNANT of the true church that keep the Commandments of God?

Rev 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Will Jesus welcome you OR turn you away?

Mat 7:21 “Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

Mat 7:23 And then will I declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.'

By not teaching God's word what are you teaching?

Mar 7:7 in vain do they worship me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.'

How do you interpert Dan 7:25?

Dan 7:25 He shall speak words against the Most High, and shall wear out the saints of the Most High, and shall think to change the times and the law; and they shall be given into his hand for a time, times, and half a time.

He changed the law then whoever would not keep this new sabbath of the lawless one was slain.

Rev 12:13 And when the dragon saw that he had been thrown down to the earth, he pursued the woman who had given birth to the male child.

Rev 6:9 When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain for the word of God and for the witness they had borne.
    Rev 6:10 They cried out with a loud voice, “O Sovereign Lord, holy and true, how long before you will judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell on the earth?”
    Rev 6:11 Then they were each given a white robe and told to rest a little longer, until the number of their fellow servants and their brothers should be complete, who were to be killed as they themselves had been.

If Jehovah is your God then worship Him in Spirit and Truth.

Rom 8:4 in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
    Rom 8:5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit.
    Rom 8:6 To set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace.
    Rom 8:7 For the mind that is set on the flesh is hostile to God, for it does not submit to God's law; indeed, it cannot.

Is your mind set on the flesh and not the Spirit?

If your mind IS set on the flesh? According to verse 7 those of the flesh CANNOT keep God's law. May be this is why people have a hard time with the Seventh Day Forth Commandment of Jehovah the Creator and MY GOD. Could verse 7 be correct they cannot keep the forth Commandment because they follow the Harlot and keep her traditions.

Rev 18:4

IHN&L,

Ken

Is 1:18
    Participant

IHN&L,

Ken

Ken,
    Why did you write this? You made some good points and then ruined the whole tenor of your post by being unnecessarily insulting. In his discussion with you to date Tim has done nothing that would lead someone to conclude that he is part of the Harlot. Why go there?

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ June 09 2007,21:29)

IHN&L,

Ken

Ken,
    Why did you write this? You made some good points and then ruined the whole tenor of your post by being unnecessarily insulting. In his discussion with you to date Tim has done nothing that would lead someone to conclude that he is part of the Harlot. Why go there?

Why?
    Rev 18:4 Then I heard another voice from heaven saying, “Come out of her, my people, lest you take part in her sins, lest you share in her plagues;
    That's WHY!
    This is serious stuff IS! Salvation depends on it. When judgment day comes and Tim is standing in front of Jesus asking for mercy what will Jesus say?

Mat 7:21 “Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
    Mat 7:22 On that day many will say to me, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?'
    Mat 7:23 And then will I declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.'

ANYONE that includes you, OR anyone else in the world who thinks they can break the forth commandment and just march into heaven will be in for a rude awakening.

How many times do I have to point out scripture that says to Keep the Commandments THIS IS THE COMMANDMENT that was from the beginning. If you read that and still want to follow the Harlot with her creeds and fale doctrines and “new sabbath then you are not reading with your own eyes but with the deceptive eyes of the Harlot or you are just on the “other side”.
    Would it make a difference to say “Catholic glasses” they are one in the same,
    Why is it so hard to keep the forth commandment?
    Rom 8:6 To set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace.
    Rom 8:7 For the mind that is set on the flesh is hostile to God,
    for it does not submit to God's law; INDEED IT CANNOT[!].

Why does one keep the first day instead of God's Sabbath day?
    1) they are deceived or
    2) they love their flesh and cannot keep God's Law or
    3) they love their master Satan and his bride the Harlot.

The time is getting shorter not longer SOooooooooooooo

Take off your Harlot glasses IS and come out of her.

Tim has done nothing that would lead someone to conclude that he is part of the Harlot. Why go there?

Excuse me, Tim follows the Harlot to the tee, creeds and all. Then this latest thing that if you don't follow the Harlot you are lost! Only God knows the future I would never tell Tim he's lost I don't know the future just look at Saul/Paul :)

IHN&L,

Ken

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account