Looking into Jehovah Witnesses?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 121 through 127 (of 127 total)
  • Author
    TimothyVI
    Participant

Quote (Cult Buster @ Mar. 26 2007,06:55)
    t8

Yes we can worship God in spirit and truth.

We don't need to sign up to a denomination.

Just curious t8. Where do you assemble for worship?

Heb 10:25  Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

Hi CultBuster,

I still belong to a church and attend regularly.
    I do not think it is necessary though. I just enjoy the company and fellowship, even though I differ with many of their doctrines.

I think that what Heb 10:25 is telling us, is not to go off and be a hermit in a cave somewhere as some will do, hoarding your knowledge of Jesus and keeping it to yourself. Instead, spread the word wherever you fellowship with other people. Be that the church, a home picnic or the bowling alley.

Unless of course, you are John of revelation .

Tim

Proclaimer
    Participant

I think you have a good attitude TimothyVI.

:)

Proclaimer
    Participant

To Cult Buster.

Quote (Cult Buster @ Mar. 27 2007,01:55)
    t8

Yes we can worship God in spirit and truth.

We don't need to sign up to a denomination.

Just curious t8. Where do you assemble for worship?

Heb 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

The Vatican.

OK that was a joke.

In houses with other Christians.

A different house/host each week.

So our house once every 2 months or so.

Of course there are many other times I get fellowship. Lunch times, coffee breaks, etc.

Also when the weather is good, a group of us like to go bush or to the beach, and also to places with BBQ facilities and the like.

What about you?

TimothyVI
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Mar. 26 2007,11:52)
    I think you have a good attitude TimothyVI.

:)

What can I say T8,

When you are right, you are right. :D

Tim

NickHassan
    Participant

topical

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    I have pasted the post from h2u from another thread.
    'David,
    I wasn't going to get into this with you because I know how set JW's are. However, I just read the list of 42 JW beliefs on their official site and was apalled. The JW list of beliefs are based on scriptures taken completely out of context. I call it cherry picking, looking for only the verses that fit the doctrine. JW is deceived beyond what I thought. You steal the birthrights of Israel by calling yourselves the 144,000 spiritual Israel. What about the thousands of JW's that aren't chosen as part of that elite group?

You say that Mosaic Law is no longer valid, yet God based the end-times of Daniel's prophecy of seventy-sevens on the Law and Jesus said He came to fulfill the Law. The Law will not be completely fulfilled until the total time of the seventy sevens is completed at the end of the millennium and the Great White Throne Judgment.

JW uses John 3:3 as the born-again experience and never mentions that it is by the Spirit of God in verse 5.
    I counted 18 of the 42 beliefs that are blatently false and/or controlling. JW gives a completely wrong understanding of hell which, if correct, would void the need for a second resurrection for judgement at the White Throne Judgment. Satan has very effectively hidden the truth from all who believe the JW tenets.

No matter what stand anyone takes to reveal the truth to you you will defend JW with one of their lies. There is no win-win. The originator of JW is no better than Mohammad, the originator of Islam, who decided to write his own bible because he disagreed with the Torah and Christian teachings and Joseph Smith who cleverly convinced people that he found golden tablets and wrote the book of Mormon or David Koresh who deceived all those people in Waco, TX and caused their deaths. I could go on and on but I don't think it would do any good. False prophets are here to stay until Jesus returns. You are deceived and choose to stay that way. Your only purpose on this forum is to draw people away and get them involved in useless arguement.
    If you want to learn the truth get a KJV, NKJV and use Strong's or Young's Concordance, a good Bible Encyclopedia, and BibleGateway. And above all sever your ties with JW completely. I have said all I will say on this issue. “

NickHassan
    Participant

Certainly h2u the JW management seems to exert absolute control over their followers who never seem to question anything and boast of their subservience as evidence of unity in Christ. One verse doctrines abound and logic and inference are relied on the justify such folly.

Viewing 7 posts - 121 through 127 (of 127 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account