Logic

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 800 total)
  • Author
    Not3in1
    Participant

Well since you all you non-Trinitarians love to quote 1 Corinthians 8:6 as proof that there is only one Lord, and the Lord is clearly God in this verse, then yes, every time Lord is used in Revelation, or in the New Testament for that matter, it is referring to God, otherwise there would be two Lords, which would contradict 1 Corinthians 8:6. So Jesus is the Lord, and the Lord is God. This means Jesus is God.
    Good grief. This makes no sense. The verse doesn't say that the Lord is “clearly” God. The verse says there is one God AND one Lord (Jesus). This is a clear-cut scripture, Tim. Good luck convincing anyone who is using their logic that this means anything other than what it clearly says.

Not3in1
    Participant

Just ask your self why did not John or Jesus not address his statement, which would be a serious act of Idolatry?

Curious you should ask this. John nor Jesus had anything to say contrary to Thomas because they knew he didn't mean to call him the Almighty God. Otherwise, Jesus would have corrected him like he corrected everyone else who tried to call him (or make him equal to) God.

Not3in1
    Participant

Where is the Son Begotten before his birth. And since he was the Word/God as you say and as I believe, if he was God how could he be a son until he was born.

According to your doctrine, WJ, Jesus wasn't a “true” Son anyway, so it doesn't matter if he was pre-existent or not!

Jesus was not a new individual, a combination of his mother and father like a “true” son is – he is an incarnation of God Almighty.

God comes to earth in the form of a man. Isn't that what you believe? So God changed (which he doesn't do), and became a man (which he is not), and even changed his name! He took on a new identity and only pretended he knew certain things while others were clouded by his half-flesh (man). Goodness, what a web we weave.

Tim2
    Participant

Not3in1 said:

If Thomas is confessing (as you hope he is) that Jesus is both that same One God AND Lord – then Thomas is confused!  Note that he is the only one of the followers that did this, too.  Hm???

I replied:

Then the twenty four elders were confused as well, for they said, “Worthy are you, our Lord and our God, to receive glory and honor and power.”  Revelation 4:11.  So God is the Lord, and the Lord is God

Not3 replied:

So every time the “Lord” is mentioned in Rev. it is referring to God?

I replied:

Yes, every time Lord is used in Revelation, or in the New Testament for that matter, it is referring to God, otherwise there would be two Lords, which would contradict 1 Corinthians 8:6.

Not3 replied:

Good grief.  This makes no sense.  The verse doesn't say that the Lord is “clearly” God.  The verse says there is one God AND one Lord (Jesus).  This is a clear-cut scripture, Tim.  Good luck convincing anyone who is using their logic that this means anything other than what it clearly says.

Not3in1,

You asked me if Lord in Revelation always refers to God.  I said yes, because there is only one Lord.  1 Corinthians 8:6.  You, Nick, and all the other non-trinitarians use 1 Corinthians 8:6 as proof that only the Father is God, because there is only one God.  Well by that same logic there is only one Lord, Jesus, and from Revelation 11:17, among other places, we know that the Lord is God.

Tim

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi tim2,
    Then perhaps you should read again 1Cor 8 more carefully.
    You will see FOR US written.
    Then you need to decide if that includes you.

Not3in1
    Participant

Tim, you are really dancing now, aren't you?

Lord, lord, LORD, and God, god, Almighty God.

Quote (Not3in1 @ April 26 2007,13:10)
    Just ask your self why did not John or Jesus not address his statement, which would be a serious act of Idolatry?

Curious you should ask this.  John nor Jesus had anything to say contrary to Thomas because they knew he didn't mean to call him the Almighty God.  Otherwise, Jesus would have corrected him like he corrected everyone else who tried to call him (or make him equal to) God.

Not3

Boy talk about reading into a scripture what you want, this is the worse stretch I have ever seen!

Show me one scripture where Jesus corrected them for saying he was equal to God!

:)

Not3in1
    Participant

John 5:19

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 26 2007,11:02)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ April 26 2007,10:49)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 26 2007,09:59)
    Hi W,
    Do you not know God sent His beloved monogenes Son into the world?
    He did not come but the Word who was with him begotten from him, was sent.
    John testifed that he had seen the Word, the Son of God.

1jn 1
    ' 1That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;

2(For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)

3That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

We should fellowship with THEM

NH

You say…

John testifed that he had seen the Word, the Son of God.

No, John testified that he saw the Word/God not son of God that was with God and was God.

So again was he a son or the Word/God like John says.

You said the Word “Was” God. Now you are retracting and saying the Word was the son of God.

???

Hi W,
    Do you think verse 1
    does not align with what John said in verse 3?
    hmmm

NH

Of course it does. It also lines up with verse 2.

1:1
    In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

1:2
    The same was in the beginning with God.

1:3
    All things were made by him; and *without him *was not any thing made that was made.

He is the crerator too.

The Father, and the Son and the Holy Spirit were present at creation.

You still havnt answered the question.

You said that the “Word was God”, who was made flesh and ceased to be God.

Then you said the Son of God partook of human flesh.

Did the Son stop being the Son also?

You seem confused, was the Word the Son or God or God?

???

Not3

5:18
    Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.

5:19
    Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

5:20
    For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.

5:21
    For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will.

5:22
    For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

5:23
    That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

LOL

Where is his rebuke to them. These scriptures affirm his Deity and equality.

1.What ever God does he does.

2. God shows him *all things* that they may marvel.

3. God raises the dead, so does the Yeshua.

4. God dosnt judge but all judgment is the Sons.

5. They should honour Yeshua even as they honour God.

Yeshua was almost taunting them with his answers that were obviously claims to his equality with God.

Ye blind guides who strain at a knat and swallow a camel.

Quote (Not3in1 @ April 26 2007,13:14)
    Where is the Son Begotten before his birth. And since he was the Word/God as you say and as I believe, if he was God how could he be a son until he was born.

According to your doctrine, WJ, Jesus wasn't a “true” Son anyway, so it doesn't matter if he was pre-existent or not!  

Jesus was not a new individual, a combination of his mother and father like a “true” son is – he is an incarnation of God Almighty.

God comes to earth in the form of a man.  Isn't that what you believe?  So God changed (which he doesn't do), and became a man (which he is not), and even changed his name!  He took on a new identity and only pretended he knew certain things while others were clouded by his half-flesh (man).  Goodness, what a web we weave.

Not3

No offence, but I think you are confused about what I believe.

You deny your own defeinition of “True Son” .

For a true Son like you believe Jesus is, is one with a human father and mother concieved by human sperm.

You say…

he is an incarnation of God Almighty.

Incarnation;
    the embodiment of a deity or spirit in some earthly form capitalized : the union of divinity with humanity in Jesus Christ

Deity; the rank or essential nature of a god, Synonyms; Divinity, God, Supreme being.

http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/deity

So before you promote “Incarnation” you should at least know what it means.

Tim2
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ April 26 2007,16:21)
    Tim, you are really dancing now, aren't you?  

Lord, lord, LORD, and God, god, Almighty God.

Not3in1,

I've come to expect such taunting answers from Nick, but not from you. I was trying to discuss with you the meaning of Lord in the Bible. I've shown that it applies to Jesus and to God in the New Testament. I've also shown that according to the New Testament, there is only one Lord, Jesus. Hence, if God is called Lord, it means that Jesus is God.

Will you please just discuss this with me instead of taunting?

Thanks,
    Tim

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tim2,
    This is facile logic
    ” Hence, if God is called Lord, it means that Jesus is God.”
    Grow up.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 26 2007,18:54)
    Hi Tim2,
    This is facile logic
    ”  Hence, if God is called Lord, it means that Jesus is God.”
    Grow up.

NH

If YHWH says there is one Lord and one name and he is that One Lord and One Name then yes Jesus is God, YHWH in the flesh.

Zech 14:9
    And the LORD, (YHWH) shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be *one LORD*, and *his name one*.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ April 26 2007,17:21)
    Not3

5:18
    Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.

5:19
    Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

5:20
    For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.

5:21
    For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will.

5:22
    For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

5:23
    That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

LOL

Where is his rebuke to them. These scriptures affirm his Deity and equality.

1.What ever God does he does.

2. God shows him *all things* that they may marvel.

3. God raises the dead, so does the Yeshua.

4. God dosnt judge but all judgment is the Sons.

5. They should honour Yeshua even as they honour God.

Yeshua was almost taunting them with his answers that were obviously claims to his equality with God.

Ye blind guides who strain at a knat and swallow a camel.

WJ,

Haven't you ever heard the saying, “A son of a Physician is a Physician”?

Of course Jesus does what his Father does. Does not even an earthly father show his son what he does and how to accomplish it? So our heavenly Father shows Jesus what he does and enables him to do the very same things. This is what these verses teach clearly.

Not3in1
    Participant

You say…Quote

he is an incarnation of God Almighty.

Incarnation;
    the embodiment of a deity or spirit in some earthly form capitalized : the union of divinity with humanity in Jesus Christ

Incarnation is taking on bodily form.
    Jesus was conceived of God and Mary.
    Jesus is a part of God (divinity) and Mary (human). MIXED. A COMBINATION. A TRUE SON.

Not3in1
    Participant

I've come to expect such taunting answers from Nick, but not from you. I was trying to discuss with you the meaning of Lord in the Bible. I've shown that it applies to Jesus and to God in the New Testament. I've also shown that according to the New Testament, there is only one Lord, Jesus. Hence, if God is called Lord, it means that Jesus is God.

Sorry, Tim. I guess I've developed a bit of thick skin around here, and it's really not needed, nor is it the fruit of the spirit; please accept my apology. :)

The thing is, there is only ONE “Lord Jesus” – the term “Lord” can be used in a variety of ways.
    The “Lord” Jesus is not the ONE “LORD” God.
    Paul takes great efforts to separate the two.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ April 27 2007,04:25)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 26 2007,18:54)
    Hi Tim2,
    This is facile logic
    ”  Hence, if God is called Lord, it means that Jesus is God.”
    Grow up.

NH

If YHWH says there is one Lord and one name and he is that One Lord and One Name then yes Jesus is God, YHWH in the flesh.

Zech 14:9
    And the LORD, (YHWH) shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be *one LORD*, and *his name one*.

Hi W,
    Who will rule in the millenium?

Ps 2
    “1Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?

2The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying,

3Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.

4He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the LORD shall have them in derision.

5Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.

6Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.

7I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

8Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.

9Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.

10Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth.

11Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling.

12Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.”

God through Christ and those in Christ

Tim2
    Participant

Hi Not3in1,

Thanks. I'm glad you didn't mean it. I do the same thing too, as you should know, so accept my apologies too. I would really like it if all of us could stop with the taunting, ahem, cough … cough … Nick … cough.

I understand the difference you are proposing between Lord and LORD. There is such a difference in the Old Testament, between Adonai and YHWH, although I believe Adonai is used almost entirely of YHWH. But in the New Testament, there's only one word, kyrios. Some times it means sir, other times lord, and other times, as you say, LORD, a transliteration of YHWH.

So the first thing to note is that Paul does use it in the last sense, of YHWH, regarding Jesus in Romans 10:9-13. We must confess Kyrios Jesus, the same is Kyrious of all, and whoever will call on the name of KYRIOS will be saved. This is a quotation from Joel 2:32, where it says YHWH.

But my main point is that every non-Trinitarian here uses 1 Corinthians 8:6 to say that the one God is the Father, so Jesus can't be God. But by that same logic the one Lord is Jesus, so the Father can't be Lord. But the Father is Lord of heaven and earth. Matthew 11:25. Likewise, Jesus is God. John 1:1.

Tim

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tim2,
    We reflect back to you what you have said here.
    You say what you believe and we mirror it for you.
    Out of the mouth comes what is in the heart.
    Yet you constantly take offense at your own words.
    Why is this?
    Are you embarrassed by your own beliefs?

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 800 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account