Lets clear up trinitarianism

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 86 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

hi TT,
    Jb is scriptural truth and contains no lies.
    Jesus took the form of a man.
    Please be accurate.

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 13 2009,09:30)
    hi TT,
    Jb is scriptural truth and contains no lies.
    Jesus took the form of a man.
    Please be accurate.

The Bible contains lies spoken by men. Bildad spoke a lie when he said that the son of man was a “worm.” Bildad's counsel to Job was sinful and God commanded him and his friends to offer sacrifices for their sinful speech (42:7-9).

King David had a much more exalted view of man. Why is it that you conveniently ignore King David? You cannot take Bildad's words and from them disprove that God could become a man.

You showed yourself inept in your handling the book of Job. Your latest reply shows that you are both stubborn and inept. The Bible contains lies spoken by men. Come on dude!

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    You find fault with scripture and dare to offer catholic speculations instead?

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 13 2009,09:54)
    Hi TT,
    You find fault with scripture and dare to offer catholic speculations instead?

Please explain Job 42:7-9.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    So they had not spoken what is right of God.
    But Jb25 is about man not God.

Quote (t8 @ Sep. 09 2009,23:47)

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Sep. 04 2009,09:20)
    Irene likes to play pretend.  Here's what an earlier church father than Tertulian stated about Christ.  (BTW, this guy knew the apostles, was their successor, and was martyred for the faith)

Ignatius of Antioch

“[T]o the Church at Ephesus in Asia . . . chosen through true suffering by the will of the Father in Jesus Christ our God” (Letter to the Ephesians 1 [A.D. 110]).

“For our God, Jesus Christ, was conceived by Mary in accord with God’s plan: of the seed of David, it is true, but also of the Holy Spirit” (ibid., 18:2).

Indeed for our God, Jesus Christ, was conceived by Mary in accord with God’s plan.

This doesn't teach a Trinity, but that Jesus was conceived of Mary for our God.

Ignatius also taught the following:

Ignatius, who is Theophorus, to the Church which has received grace through the greatness of the Father Most High. (Third Epistle).

I have learned that certain of the ministers of Satan have wished to disturb you, some of them asserting that Jesus was born [only] in appearance, was crucified in appearance, and died in appearance, others that He is not the Son the Creator, and others that He is Himself God over all. (To the Tarsians, II).

And that He who was born of a woman was the Son of God, and He that was crucified was “the first-born of every creature,” and God the Word, who also created all things. For says the apostle, “There is one God, the Father, of whom are all things; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things”. And again, “For there is one God, and one Mediator between God and man, the man Christ Jesus (To the Tarsians, IV).

And that He Himself is not God over all, and the Father, but His Son, He says, “I ascend unto my Father and your Father, and to my God and your God. And again, “When all things shall be subjected unto Him, then shall He also Himself be subject unto Him that put all things under Him, that God may be all in all.” Wherefore it is One [God] who put all things under, and who is all in all, and another [His Son] to whom they were subdued, who also Himself, along with all other things, becomes subject [to the former]. (To the Tarsians, V; cf. 1 Cor 15:24-28).

t8

Nice try!

But it has been shown to you before that the quotes that you mention are from the “spurious letters” which were written around the fifth century!

Nice try though!

WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    But you offer us trinity speculations from 200 ad rather than scriptural teaching?

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 12 2009,18:11)
    Hi WJ,
    But you offer us trinity speculations from 200 ad rather than scriptural teaching?

NH

It has been shown to you by CA that the Trinity was believed long before what you say!

WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    Pagan trinities abound.
    None was ever found in the mouth of any anointed servant of God.

So why do you teach it-do you not fear God?

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 12 2009,18:23)
    Hi WJ,
    Pagan trinities abound.
    None was ever found in the mouth of any anointed servant of God.

So why do you teach it-do you not fear God?

NH

Do you believe Jesus words?

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Matt 28:19

If you do then you believe in a “Trinity” of sorts, don't you?

If you do not, then that is your problem, for it is written!

WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    Even if this verse was correct in what way does Jesus teach that God is a trinity here?
    Do you have any parallel verse to explain it?

In whose name did the apostles baptise?

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 13 2009,10:02)
    Hi TT,
    So they had not spoken what is right of God.
    But Jb25 is about man not God.

Nick,
    Read it again Nick. Bildad said that man is a worm in God's sight (25:5-6). Man is not a worm in God's sight. Therefore, Bildad spoke a lie about God. If I said that anti-trinitarians are heretics in Nick's sight I would be telling a lie about Nick. Anti-trinitarians are not heretics in Nick's sight.

King David said that man is a “little lower than the angels” and that God “crowned him with glory and honor” (Psalm 8). But you ignore king David. Man was created in God's image. Is God's image a “worm” in God's sight?

Again, you cannot disprove the incarnation from words spoken by a man who lied about God. God did not say that man was a worm in His sight. Bildad said this and was rebuked by God and commanded to offer a sacrifice. Give it up. You prove only your stubbornness.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    Does he?
    Can you give us the quote?

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 13 2009,11:01)
    Hi TT,
    Does he?
    Can you give us the quote?

I gave you the reference. What more do you want? I also gave you what David said. Now, is God's image a worm in His sight?

thinker

Good night!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    It does not say that in the NASB so what version are you using?

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Sep. 13 2009,10:09)

t8,Sep. wrote:

[quote=CatholicApologist,Sep. 04 2009,09:20]
    t8

Nice try!

But it has been shown to you before that the quotes that you mention are from the “spurious letters” which were written around the fifth century!

Nice try though!

WJ

WJ,

I'm beginning to wonder if some of our posts are even being read by these guys.

Know what I think? I think it's not fanciful or conspiratorial enough for them.

I don't know if they could actually come to grips with the fact that God didn't fail in His mission and plan of salvation for the whole world. They always have to hang their hats on the inherent weakness of man and his sinful nature and actions. What will it take for them to open their eyes to the preserving and safeguarding grace and power of Almighty God in spite of man's free will?

To be fair to you. I do appreciate many of your posts. I look forward to duking it out with you at some not too distant point in the future.

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Sep. 12 2009,22:02)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Sep. 13 2009,10:09)

t8,Sep. wrote:

t8

Nice try!

Nice try though!

WJ

WJ,

I'm beginning to wonder if some of our posts are even being read by these guys.  

Know what I think?  I think it's not fanciful or conspiratorial enough for them.  

I don't know if they could actually come to grips with the fact that God didn't fail in His mission and plan of salvation for the whole world.  They always have to hang their hats on the inherent weakness of man and his sinful nature and actions.  What will it take for them to open their eyes to the preserving and safeguarding grace and power of Almighty God in spite of man's free will?

To be fair to you.  I do appreciate many of your posts.  I look forward to duking it out with you at some not too distant point in the future.

HI CA

Thanks! I appreciate many of your post also, and if you do not mind I copy and paste some of your writings for future reference especially in the area of the history and writings of the early Church Fathers!

I only wish that you did not limit the Holy Spirit, and the Lord and his Kingdom to the RCC, which also seems to be trusting in the “inherent weakness of man and his sinful nature”.

However, that being said, I have learned much from your post. Thanks again!

WJ

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Sep. 13 2009,16:55)

CatholicApologist,Sep. wrote:

[quote=WorshippingJesus,Sep. 13 2009,10:09]

t8,Sep. wrote:

HI CA

Thanks! I appreciate many of your post also, and if you do not mind I copy and paste some of your writings for future reference especially in the area of the history and writings of the early Church Fathers!

I only wish that you did not limit the Holy Spirit, and the Lord and his Kingdom to the RCC, which also seems to be trusting in the “inherent weakness of man and his sinful nature”.

However, that being said, I have learned much from your post. Thanks again!

WJ

Thanks right back at you. Go ahead and copy what you like. This stuff didn't originate with me anyway. Nothing new is true and nothing true is new. (BTW…Some of the best works of Christian devotion and theology is in the public doman)

As to limiting “the Holy Spirit, and the Lord and his Kingdom to the RCC”, we'll have to have a heart to heart chat about that sometime. By this time you've probably read some of my journey in my posts to Not3. While I'm not RC, I am EC. (There's a difference) I cannot deny that I do believe in one Church. Jesus Christ is not a scoundrel. He is betrothed to only one bride. But I'm sure that can wait for another time.

God love you.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CA,
    So why do you offer the shifting sands of your tradition ahead of the rock of Scripture?[Mt7]

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 13 2009,12:00)
    Hi TT,
    It does not say that in the NASB so what version are you using?

Nick,
    The KJV reads thus,

Behold even to the moon, and it shineth not; yea, the stars are not pure in his sight.

How much less man, that is a worm? and the son of man, which is a worm?

It says that the stars are not pure in His sight and that man is even less to Him, even a “worm.” Ergo, man is a worm [in His sight].

Why can't you understand that Bildad was NOT a prophet of God. He was a false counselor to Job and God rebuked Bildad and the other two false counselors and commanded them to offer a sacrifice for their sinful speech (42:7-8).

God has NOT said that the stars are “unpure” in His sight and that man is “much less” even a “worm” [in His sight]. The prophets have NOT said this. King David said that man is a “little lower than god” and that he is “crowned with glory and honor.” King David was a PROPHET and Bildad was not.

Again, you cannot take the words of a false counselor who misrepresented God's view and from that disprove the incarnation. So give it up!

thinker

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 86 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account