Let a woman learn in silence

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 61 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    Debra
    Participant

Hello 94
    I agree with you on this…

God has given the man in a Christian the responsibility for teaching his family the Word of God

And I want nothing more than to be the wife God intended me to be.

but one cannot teach someone if they do not want to be taught.

I do want to be taught, I am teachable.

But if I through the scriptures show my wife what God has said, and she chooses not to do it I have fulfilled my responsibility.

Yes you have fulfilled your responsibility.

I can live my life as an example and pray for her, but if she chooses to go her own way then she is not under my covering.

Yes also true but, isn't a husband supposed to reflect the love of God to his wife and isn't that what she wants to submit too?

While it is true that a man who is striving to obey the Word of God can misinterpret the Word of God, the responsibility still lies with him to seek out the truth and to ask God to correct him if he is wrong. If you disagree with him, then you should go to him with respect telling him how you understand the particular or scripture or scriptures different than he, and then you should go to God in prayer asking God to show you what he intended by the scripture or scriptures in question so that you can walk in unity. Unless he is teaching something that is totally contrary to the Word of God, you should not rebel and go your own way, but submit until you get an answer from God.

As I said before…
    The gap in our understanding isn't as wide as it was in the beginning. But if I don't agree with him on something am I to stay silent and except how he sees it,despite the way I do? We have to discuss these things to continue together as man and wife, we have come together in agreement on many Scriptures over the years due to not staying silent. .I know we're not always going to agree, but we grow more and more each time we do talk about what we disagree on.

Debra, I have made many mistakes, and I have had to learn some hard lessons, and so I am not condemning you, but offering you this advice out my love for you and your husband. You cannot have two heads in the same Christian household and have unity.

I don't feel condemed by you, I feel blessed that your sharing this with me, thank you brother.
    We have only one head in our household and that's Jesus we both recognize we're just children still learning..we are growing but please your prayers would be appreciated.
    God bless.

Participant

Quote (Debra @ Aug. 21 2007,19:52)
    Hello 94
    I  agree with you on this…

God has given the man in a Christian the responsibility for teaching his family the Word of God

And I want nothing more than to be the wife God intended me to be.

but one cannot teach someone if they do not want to be taught.

I do want to be taught, I am teachable.

But if I through the scriptures show my wife what God has said, and she chooses not to do it I have fulfilled my responsibility.

Yes you have fulfilled your responsibility.

I can live my life as an example and pray for her, but if she chooses to go her own way then she is not under my covering.

Yes also true but, isn't a husband supposed to reflect the love of God to his wife and isn't that what she wants to submit too?

While it is true that a man who is striving to obey the Word of God can misinterpret the Word of God, the responsibility still lies with him to seek out the truth and to ask God to correct him if he is wrong.  If you disagree with him, then you should go to him with respect telling him how you understand the particular or scripture or scriptures different than he, and then you should go to God in prayer asking God to show you what he intended by the scripture or scriptures in question so that you can walk in unity.  Unless he is teaching something that is totally contrary to the Word of God, you should not rebel and go your own way, but submit until you get an answer from God.

As I said before…
    The gap in our understanding isn't as wide as it was in the beginning. But if I don't agree with him on something am I to stay silent and except how he sees it,despite the way I do? We have to discuss these things to continue together as man and wife, we have come together in agreement on many Scriptures  over the years due to not staying silent. .I know we're not always going to agree, but we grow more and more each time we do talk about what we disagree on.

Debra, I have made many mistakes, and I have had to learn some hard lessons, and so I am not condemning you, but offering you this advice out my love for you and your husband.  You cannot have two heads in the same Christian household and have unity.

I don't feel condemed by you, I feel blessed that your sharing this with me, thank you brother.
    We have only one head in our household and that's Jesus we both recognize we're just children still learning..we are growing but please your prayers would be appreciated.
    God bless.

Hi Debra:

I am praying for you and your family.  Please pray for me and my family as well.

God Bless

elaine1809
    Participant

Hi ! What if the husband is not that interested, or is a follower instead of the head in teaching. My husband works all the time when he is home if I tell him he studies the bible with our kids but I have to be constantly on to him to remind him. I kind of gave up so I thought if I start doing it with the kids that he will get the hint. so I am the one that does all of the spiritual teaching. sometimes I ask him and he does it. But since I have been studying much more I have a deeper understanding than he does. then when he teaches something that I know it is not accurate I let him know . and sometimes we end up arguing in front of the kids. It is very frustrating to both of us. I dont know how to tell him anymore to take the lead or get out of my way and dont feel left out because , to me, he is making his choice by not being takingthe headship seriously. He will argue that he does not have time, I understand our financial situation is not very stable so he has to work a lot. But, he knows he has to make the time. sometimes I feel that he is content with his life and is not really interested in being active and taking responsibility. I feel that he might think that it is ok for me to be the one instead. ???

elaine1809
    Participant

Oh, I forgot,, I have enjoyed your posts. I am learning a lot of things! Thank you! Love Elaine:D

Participant

Hi Elaine:

Is your husband a born again Christian?  The following scripture may help you in your marriage.  If your husband isn't obeying the Word of God then Jesus has to be your head because it is the Word of God that we are striving to obey, and so if your husband is not fulfilling his role as the head of your family, I believe that you are right in teaching your children.  The following scripture as I understand it states that you should not try to force your husband into this proper role, but to live your life as an example for him to follow until such time that he is ready to assume his role as the head of the family.  You can also pray, and obey him those things that he asks of you which are not contrary to the Word of God.
    Please try not argue him into his proper role, especially in front of your children.

Here is the scripture that may help:

1 Peter 3:1-7
    1 Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives; 2 While they behold your chaste conversation coupled with fear. 3 Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel; 4 But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price. 5 For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted in God, adorned themselves, being in subjection unto their own husbands: 6 Even as Sara obeyed Abraham, calling him lord: whose daughters F14 ye are, as long as ye do well, and are not afraid with any amazement. 7 Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.

I appreciate your kind words relative to enjoying my posts.

Please pray for me and my family and I will pray for yours.

I hope this helps.

God Bless

elaine1809
    Participant

:) thank you!!!

elaine1809
    Participant

Hi 942: we are not born again christians in the sense that most people expect. we do not belong to any church. I used to be like DAvid a Jehovas witness, My husband accepted it was studying the bible with them but thru the years I did not really believe everything they believe in so I moved so I distanced myself from them because I know that I was going to be a stumbling block for them[ that is how they see it] so I just quit going to their meetings. but i do believe a lot of things they teached me. but everything else that I did not see it was scriptural , to me, it was assumptions based on scriptures, I did not follow unless I was convinced it was so. I now study with the kids [and my husband sometimes] the bible at home and feel closer to Jehova than ever before.I still keep a lot of their beliefs as far as holydays and some basic beliefs like I dont believe in the trynity as a bible teaching neither hell as a burning place[lately I have decided to do deep studying on that subject, since I am not 100 % sure. anyway, I am just looking for JEHOVAS approval for me and my family and teach the meek people about HIM. Thank you for your help!:)

Participant

Quote (elaine1809 @ Aug. 23 2007,10:50)
    :)  thank you!!!

You're welcome. May God Bless you and your family.

thehappyman
    Participant

Hi All ,
    I hope this helps :

1) Acts 9. The Holy Bible: King James Version.
    …to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem. 3 And as he journeyed,…

2) Acts 8. The Holy Bible: King James Version.
    …3 As for Saul, he made havoc of the church, entering into every house, and haling men and women committed them to prison. Acts 22.4, 5 ; 26.9-11 The Gospel Preached…

3) Acts 17. The Holy Bible: King James Version.
    …with Paul and Silas; and of the devout Greeks a great multitude, and of the chief women not a few. 5 But the Jews which believed not, moved with envy, took unto them…

4) Acts 22. The Holy Bible: King James Version.
    …And I persecuted this way unto the death, binding and delivering into prisons both men and women. 5 As also the high priest doth bear me witness, and all the estate…

5) Acts 16. The Holy Bible: King James Version.
    …by a river side, where prayer was wont to be made; and we sat down, and spake unto the women which resorted thither. 14 And a certain woman named Lydia, a seller…

6) Acts 5. The Holy Bible: King James Version.
    …magnified them. 14 And believers were the more added to the Lord, multitudes both of men and women;) 15 insomuch that they brought forth the sick into the streets,…

7) Acts 1. The Holy Bible: King James Version.
    …Lk. 6.14-16 14 These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brethren. 15 ¶ And in those…

8) Acts 13. The Holy Bible: King James Version.
    …was published throughout all the region. 50 But the Jews stirred up the devout and honorable women, and the chief men of the city, and raised persecution against…

…………………….thehappyman

Viewing 9 posts - 61 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account