Last days

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 421 through 440 (of 474 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

edj

to high ,to low, to late

Pierre

ftk
    Participant

Ed: When I hear the term….Second Coming…its a bit funny. There either was no return to the earth at all or there was about six or seven times (recorded) that Jesus manifested in earth after burial. I guess we should look for the “Seventh” coming!!

An interesting thought I just had. Jesus never died. He is an eternal being(as we also are). There was no death for Jesus. He even took his body with him. He himself always referred to …..they are asleep, not dead….so maybe he fell asleep. I think he may have allowed his physical body to cease to function and then resurrected it from that state. For the rest of us, when we “die” we definitely change clothes. I think we can arise to the same abilities Jesus had but it sure seems a long way off! Bless you, TK

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (ftk @ Nov. 11 2011,04:25)
    Ed: When I hear the term….Second Coming…its a bit funny. There either was no return to the earth at all or there was about six or seven times (recorded) that Jesus manifested in earth after burial. I guess we should look for the “Seventh” coming!!

An interesting thought I just had. Jesus never died. He is an eternal being(as we also are). There was no death for Jesus. He even took his body with him. He himself always referred to …..they are asleep, not dead….so maybe he fell asleep. I think he may have allowed his physical body to cease to function and then resurrected it from that state. For the rest of us, when we “die” we definitely change . I think we can arise to the same abilities Jesus had but it sure seems a long way off! Bless you, TK

tk

any scriptures that goes with your thinking ???

and one more thing the Angel said Christ  return will be on the clouds so not physically visible, but Christ told his disciples what would be the physical signs of his return in Math 24,Mark 13,Luke 21.

Pierre

ftk
    Participant

Pierre: Acts1:11…this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall….SO COME IN A LIKE MANNER AS YE HAVE SEEN HIM GO INTO HEAVEN….!….”taken” up… [Grk: “epairo”…exalt self, raise up, poise, taken up]….I believe he was exalted and received into heaven and was then able to return as the spirit of truth, being accepted or received within each individual person in a very similar manner as he went.

Scriptures say,…”every eye will see, and every tongue will confess, Jesus as lord…”! [everyone who sees through understanding…]

His disciples ask a “physical” question and got a “physical answer” about when the end of the temple buildings would be, 70ad! All the physical things Jesus mentioned, happened before that time of end! Luke21:7….when shall these things be and what sign when these things shall come to pass…..that was the answer to…V5….and as some spake of the temple, how it was adorned with goodly stones and gifts, Jesus said….V6…[every piece will be torn down]

Jesus summed up the whole event at V32….This generation[that he was talking to] shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled…!!

If you read scriptures from a start that has preconceived doctrines of what he is saying that is what you will find…..if you make Jesus/the word of God lord of your thoughts, he will lead you into all truth. IMO, TK

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (ftk @ Nov. 12 2011,04:09)
    Pierre: Acts1:11…this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall….SO COME IN A LIKE MANNER AS YE HAVE SEEN HIM GO INTO HEAVEN….!….”taken” up… [Grk: “epairo”…exalt self, raise up, poise, taken up]….I believe he was exalted and received into heaven and was then able to return as the spirit of truth, being accepted or received within each individual person in a very similar manner as he went.

Scriptures say,…”every eye will see, and every tongue will confess, Jesus as lord…”! [everyone who sees through understanding…]

His disciples ask a “physical” question and got a “physical answer” about when the end of the temple buildings would be, 70ad! All the physical things Jesus mentioned, happened before that time of end! Luke21:7….when shall these things be and what sign when these things shall come to pass…..that was the answer to…V5….and as some spake of the temple, how it was adorned with goodly stones and gifts, Jesus said….V6…[every piece will be torn down]

Jesus summed up the whole event at V32….This generation[that he was talking to] shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled…!!

If you read scriptures from a start that has preconceived doctrines of what he is saying that is what you will find…..if you make Jesus/the word of God lord of your thoughts, he will lead you into all truth.  IMO, TK

tk

If you read scriptures from a start that has preconceived doctrines of what he is saying that is what you will find…..if you make Jesus/the word of God lord of your thoughts, he will lead you into all truth. IMO, TK

what you are saying that you do not have preconceived doctrines ???

let see;;Mt 24:1 Jesus left the temple and was walking away when his disciples came up to him to call his attention to its buildings.
    Mt 24:2 “Do you see all these things?” he asked. “I tell you the truth, not one stone here will be left on another; every one will be thrown down.”
    Mt 24:3 As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately. “Tell us,” they said, “when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?”
    Mt 24:4 Jesus answered: “Watch out that no one deceives you.

“Watch out that no one deceives you.” those are the words of Christ ,why would he say that ??
    could his disciples be deceived ? I mean those with him the eleven,
    I do not think so .

“Tell us,” they said, “when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?” IS THIS NOT THREE QUESTIONS ?? OR IS IT ONE ?

.I believe he was exalted and received into heaven and was then able to return as the spirit of truth,

WHAT YOU SAY HERE ABOVE ;IS THIS NOT YOUR OWN OPINION ?AND BECAUSE OF IT DID YOU NOT STOP LOOKING AT WHAT REALLY CHRIST MEANT ?

HIS THIS NOT A PRECONCEIVE DOCTRINE ??

YES IT IS THIS IS WHY CHRIST SAYS ; “Watch out that no one deceives you.

Pierre

ftk
    Participant

Pierre: IT IS AS YOU SAY, PIERRE! FOR YOU! YOU HAVE YOUR BELIEFS AND I HAVE MINE. YOURS COME IN THE FUTURE, MINE ARE NOW!

When the disciples ask those questions they didn't even know Jesus was about to die!! What in the world would create a question like….WHAT WILL BE THE SIGN OF YOUR COMING….! They didn't even know he would be going anywhere!! Why on earth would they ask for a sign of his return to earth when they had no idea that he was going to leave?

No doubt, they were asking Jesus when would the Temple buildings be destroyed and what would be the signs before it is destroyed and the Temple age ends. It would only be logical that the tag on the question had to be referring to the end of the old testament, age of Temple worship!! Men's doctrines are usually not logical! Gods truth is!

All three questions were obviously in reference to the destruction and cessation of the Temple worship and Temple buildings! TK

Pastry
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Nov. 09 2011,05:05)
    Hi Pierre,

Jesus second coming was at Pentecost;
    if you want to discuss this further,
    go to the appropriate thread…

https://heavennet.net/cgi-bin….09;st=0

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Ed

Did Jesus say he was coming back on Pentecost, or did he say he was going to SEND something?

Jhn 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

Georg

ftk
    Participant

George: According to the scriptures in John14:10:31….The Spirit, the word, Jesus, God, the holy spirit, the comforter, the spirit of truth all and more are the exact same thing, just different forms of same energy. V17…the religious world couldn't see/perceive the different labels, Jesus said….but ye know him: for he dwelleth [with] you….and shall be [in] you!

The disciples later ask Jesus….how is it that they can't see him and we can see him. The answer was because you love me, love my words, love my truth, love my spirit then the father and son and holy spirit will come(manifest) in you. The comforter could not fully manifest until Jesus left. TK

Pastry
    Participant

Quote (ftk @ Nov. 28 2011,00:12)
    George: According to the scriptures in John14:10:31….The Spirit, the word, Jesus, God, the holy spirit, the comforter, the spirit of truth all and more are the exact same thing, just different forms of same energy. V17…the religious world couldn't see/perceive the different labels, Jesus said….but ye know him: for he dwelleth [with] you….and shall be [in] you!

The disciples later ask Jesus….how is it that they can't see him and we can see him. The answer was because you love me, love my words, love my truth, love my spirit then the father and son and holy spirit will come(manifest) in you. The comforter could not fully manifest until Jesus left.  TK

You “SHOULD” know, when you argue with scripture, you argue with God, not with me.

Georg

ftk
    Participant

Quote (Pastry @ Nov. 28 2011,05:05)

Quote (ftk @ Nov. 28 2011,00:12)

The disciples later ask Jesus….how is it that they can't see him and we can see him. The answer was because you love me, love my words, love my truth, love my spirit then the father and son and holy spirit will come(manifest) in you. The comforter could not fully manifest until Jesus left.  TK

You “SHOULD” know, when you argue with scripture, you argue with God, not with me.

Georg

George: I never argue with scripture or God. I open my mind and heart to God for truth and he teaches me. I know your doctrine on end times. I started my Bible learning in 1980 listening to Hal Lindsay and Jack VanEmpe and others. Those are mans doctrines not Gods truth. I chose to let the scriptures (in context) show me the truth. Even if you believe you have the whole truth from God the Bible also says….test the scriptures/spirits to see if they will stand as you understand them. If you are afraid the scriptures won't stand you have not all the truth. IMO,TK

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Pastry @ Nov. 27 2011,23:24)

Quote (Ed J @ Nov. 09 2011,05:05)
    Hi Pierre,

Jesus second coming was at Pentecost;
    if you want to discuss this further,
    go to the appropriate thread…

https://heavennet.net/cgi-bin….09;st=0

God bless

Ed

Did Jesus say he was coming back on Pentecost, or did he say he was going to SEND something?

Jhn 16:7   Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.  

Georg

Hi Georg,

Do you attach John 14:23 to a later point in time than Pentecost?   …if so, then when?

If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him,
    and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. (John 14:23)

God bless

shimmer
    Participant

Hi Ed, this is what I put on another site, 2nd Thes 1 and 2.

First Paul is talking about Jesus' return:

1Thes.1:5

This is evidence of the righteous judgment of God, that you may be made worthy of the kingdom of God, for which you are suffering — since indeed God deems it just to repay with affliction those who afflict you, and to grant rest with us to you who are afflicted, when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with his mighty angels in flaming fire, inflicting vengeance upon those who do not know God and upon those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus.
    They shall suffer the punishment of eternal destruction and exclusion from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might, when he comes on that day to be glorified in his saints, and to be marveled at in all who have believed, because our testimony to you was believed.
    To this end we always pray for you, that our God may make you worthy of his call, and may fulfil every good resolve and work of faith by his power, so that the name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified in you, and you in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Paul was writing that AFTER pentecost so, if someone says Jesus has reurned (at Pentecost) thats not true. (according to Paul).

It carries on with more confirmation Jesus has not returned:

Now concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our assembling to meet him, we beg you, brethren, not to be quickly shaken in mind or excited, either by spirit or by word, or by letter purporting to be from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord has come.

Then we have:

Let no one deceive you in any way; for that day will not come, unless the rebellion comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of perdition, who opposes and exalts himself against every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God (*Body of Man?), proclaiming himself to be God. (*This made me think of the tower of babel for some reason?)
    Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you this?
    And you know what is restraining him now so that he may be revealed in his time.
    For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only he who now restrains it will do so until he is out of the way.
    And then the lawless one will be revealed, and the Lord Jesus will slay him with the breath of his mouth and destroy him by his appearing and his coming.
    The coming of the lawless one by the activity of Satan will be with all power and with pretended signs and wonders, and with all wicked deception for those who are to perish, because they refused to love the truth and so be saved.
    Therefore God sends upon them a strong delusion, to make them believe what is false
    , so that all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

John 16:13:- “When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come”.

shimmer
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Nov. 29 2011,07:50)

So who's telling the truth then? Jesus or Paul? Or are we misunderstanding something?

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Shimmer,

2Thess.1:5-10: 5 Which is a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God, that ye may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which ye also suffer: 6 Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you; 7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, 8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: 9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power; 10 When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.

This is referring to “the Day of The LORD”(called the “feast of Tabernacles”), not “Pentecost”.
    Did you ever do a study on the seven feasts of the LORD?

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (shimmer @ Nov. 29 2011,09:19)

So who's telling the truth then? Jesus or Paul? Or are we misunderstanding something?

Hi Shimmer,

You are misunderstanding something.

God bless

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Nov. 29 2011,16:21)

Quote (shimmer @ Nov. 29 2011,09:19)

Hi Shimmer,

You are misunderstanding something.

God bless

edj

when we do not accept your view who are so many miles apart of scriptures then you tell everyone that they lack understanding ,that a good truck religion use that every day in their sermons

so prove your point and so do not belittle others in any way.

Pierre

Ed J
    Participant

PIERRE,

It's funny that it would be YOU speaking of belittling others.

God bless

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Nov. 29 2011,21:13)
    PIERRE,

It's funny that it would be YOU speaking of belittling others.

God bless

eddy

Why do you not go to the point ,of the question ?

It was just a remark I noticed in your quotes

:D

Ed J
    Participant

PIERRE,

Are you familiar with the seven feasts of the LORD?

God bless

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Nov. 29 2011,21:37)
    PIERRE,

Are you familiar with the seven feasts of the LORD?

God bless

EDJ

It you show me that they are of a great importance to know ,then I would listen to your explanation,if not well then I won't,

And do not quote me the words of Paul saying that thos where the shadow of things to come,Paul means in Christ.

Let see what you have

Pierre

Viewing 20 posts - 421 through 440 (of 474 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account