Last days

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 474 total)
  • Author
    so-journ
    Participant

Hello Ed and Mike-angel.

I'm a “student” (learner) of prophecy…. it's something that has always interested me….been down the road of 'Who is Jesus; Who is the Father; What this means; What that means….but in the end, we all live in this World together, and “The witness of Jesus is the Spirit of Prophecy” I think it says in Revelation.

So I'm really keen on looking more into this….I pray a lot too….it will take me a while though to read through posts here….and reply as I prefer to think things through properly.

So give me time!….God bless you both.

so-journ
    Participant

Hello Mike-Angel….I myself do not believe there will be a Rapture as it seems Believers will have to go through 'The Great Tribulation'….But I agree with you that the World will end as we know it and I also believe in Heaven and meeting Jesus in the Air.

………………………………..

Ed….so…. what do you make of everything happening in the World today? What about the Nuclear threat to our Planet?

Tim Kraft
    Participant

If we choose to believe Jesus as lord or our lives then he said: Luke 16:16…the law and the prophets were UNTIL John(the Baptist) SINCE THEN the Kingdom of God is preached…!

All prophecy and the law were up to the time of the establishment of the Kingdom of God, within each individual, by the spirit words of God through Jesus. This is a key to timing.

Please re-read Matt.24 at v1: the disciples were showing Jesus the buildings of the Temple. Jesus tells them that the Temple is going to be destroyed completely. Then later sitting across from the temple thay ask him again and he expounded on the events that would lead up to the Temple destruction and the end of that religious, Jewish world order. Please read carefully, openminded.

All prophecy lead up to the coming of Jesus and his ministry. The parables of Jesus all pictured the evil or bad being destroyed and burned up. Yet the good were gathered together in the barn/house of the lord forever. The meek inherit the earth. The earth is the lords and the fulness thereof. Evil must leave.

As in the days of Noah, the evil or bad were taken from the earth. We should stop predicting destruction of this world. Be ye born again. Be born of spirit. See and hear with understanding. Jesus taught us spirit things of God not physical things of how to act. If you have ears to hear (spiritually) hear!! IMO, TK

mikeangel
    Participant

We will soon find out……………. Love-Mark

so-journ
    Participant

Interesting thoughts thanks….I see there's other threads here about this…. so I'll go and read those when I can….we will soon find out Mark.

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (so-journ @ Mar. 16 2011,08:59)
    Greetings to all.

I was wondering with the recent events in Japan….I have had friends approach me who are non Christians who are asking questions on what the bible says about these things….also I have heard through other friends who do believe…. that the holy spirit will be removed….though not from TRUE believers….any opinions here?

Thanks.

Greetings So journ….. The earthquake in Japan is a message to the world…. “And there will be wars and rumors of wars and earth quakes in diverse places”these are just the beginning of sorrows….It would behoove the people of this blessed nation to pay attention….The wind pattern could play a big part in a monumental disaster if the reactors that have been damaged melt down….If the wind goes south Indonesia will have a serious problem on the other hand if the wind goes east the west coast will have a serious problem…Gods loving nature coupled with the power of his spirit is not going to be removed….If any thing there will be a great pouring out of it and then the end will come….Pray that we may survive and live in the milenial reign…

so-journ
    Participant

Hello Theodore.

I had one of those days today where things were finally making alot of sense. Firstly, we will not be left alone as Jesus said he would not forsake us or leave us and would be with us untill the end.

With Japan its like their own Armageddon with one thing after another….in Revelations there is an earthquake and other things and then people break out in sores….one of the effects of Nuclear Disaster that could be.

There's also what sounds like a Meteorite hitting the Earth.

I was also looking into Earthquakes and at the recent activity around that area. Earthquakes can precede a Volcanic Eruption and there are Mega Volcanoes in NZ; Japan and Indonesia….Maybe Iv been watching too many Doomsday Documentaries in the past…I don't know.

mikeangel
    Participant

Wiccapedia-“About 70 percent of Japanese profess no religious membership,[7][8] according to Johnstone (1993:323), 84% of the Japanese claim no personal religion. And according to Demerath (2001:138), 64% do not believe in God, and 55% do not believe in Buddha.[9] “

Also “Near the end of the 16th century, Franciscan missionaries arrived in Kyoto, despite a ban issued by Toyotomi Hideyoshi. In 1597, Hideyoshi proclaimed a more serious edict and executed 26 Franciscans in Nagasaki as a warning.”

I found that interesting, knowing what happened to Nagasaki later………

mikeangel
    Participant

Also, after Hati's mega disaster, I researched Hati's religion.

“The most historically important Vodou ceremony in Haitian history was the Bwa Kayiman or Bois Caïman ceremony of August 1791 that began the Haitian Revolution, in which the spirit Ezili Dantor possessed a priestess and received a black pig as an offering, and all those present pledged themselves to the fight for freedom.[16] This ceremony ultimately resulted in the liberation of the Haitian people from French colonial rule in 1804, and the establishment of the first black people's republic in the history of the world and the second independent nation in the Americas.”

When Pat Robertson made his claim, I was watching the news a few days later during the uproar over it. A reporter asked an english speaking Hatian “What do you think about Pat Robertsons statement about the earthquake being a result of the pact with the devil made before the revolution?” He replied ” I don't know who Pat Robertson is, but I do know about the pact, that is true” Although the country mostly practices Roman Catholism, almost all of the country has blended it with some form of vodoo, especially the invocation of spirits.

I don't think evil is limited to just them. As widespread as corrruption is , the same fate awaits the world unless we turn to God imo. Peace-Mark

so-journ
    Participant

In 2009 I think it was…Samoa suffered from a devastating Earthquake and Tsunami. More than 99% of Samoans are Christian and they are good people. I know a lot about them and have Samoan friends and know their culture and they are one of the most humble and forgiving people I have ever known and it is evident not just in who I know, but in strangers too.

We need to wake up and 'smell the coffee' we need to clean up our lives and do Gods will and not our own, and we need to pray.

so-journ
    Participant

'For man also doesn't know his time. As the fish that are taken in an evil net, and as the birds that are caught in the snare, even so are the sons of men snared in an evil time, when it falls suddenly on them. (Ecclesiastes 9:12)….'Watch therefore, for you don't know in what hour your Lord comes (Matt 24:42)…..'be careful, or your hearts will be loaded down with carousing, drunkenness, and cares of this life, and that day will come on you suddenly (Luke 21:34) 'For it will come like a snare on all those who dwell on the surface of all the earth.' (Luke 21:35)

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Am I dreaming or do all the parables of Jesus have the evil removed and the good stay on earth??

The good fish are kept. The chaff is burned away and the wheat is kept.

Just like in the days of Noah, the EVIL are taken and (Noah and family) the good left.

The sons of men are snared but the Sons of God shall not be moved.

The Kingdom starts like the smallest (mustard) seed and grow into an immovable tree here.

The Kingdom of God stands forever. It shall never be destroyed.

The evil will be destroyed, the meek inherit the earth according to Jesus! IMO, TK

mikeangel
    Participant

Then things should have been getting better, since Jesus, goodness should have been growing from that goodness seed and we should be loving and shareing like crazy now but lo! More and More it is getting worse by the day.

Jesus said the love of most would grow cold, due to the INCREASE of evil. That directly contradicts your increasing seed.. He also said we would be hated because of his name. Your hypothesis doesn't seem to measure up to history and current events. Peace-Mark

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Hey Mark: I didn't make up those parables. Jesus did. Maybe if you would read Jesus with an open mind it would ease up that destructive attitude. Peace will come as soon as we can convince all the destructive minded people that we create our own destiny. Our attitudes today have great bearing on what happens in the future. I believe we can all walk through the valley of the shadow of death and fear no evil. The protection of God is around believers. God has prepared a table before us, in the presense of our enemies. The cup of blessings from Jesus runneth over so that we know for sure, goodness and mercy shall follow us all the days of our lives as we live in the temple of God forever! IMO, TK

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (so-journ @ Mar. 17 2011,19:17)
    Hello Theodore.

I had one of those days today where things were finally making alot of sense. Firstly, we will not be left alone as Jesus said he would not forsake us or leave us and would be with us untill the end.

With Japan its like their own Armageddon with one thing after another….in Revelations there is an earthquake and other things and then people break out in sores….one of the effects of Nuclear Disaster that could be.

There's also what sounds like a Meteorite hitting the Earth.

I was also looking into Earthquakes and at the recent activity around that area. Earthquakes can precede a Volcanic Eruption and there are Mega Volcanoes in NZ; Japan and Indonesia….Maybe Iv been watching too many Doomsday Documentaries in the past…I don't know.

Greetings SJ….. It is wise to be mindfull of our impending demise and to pray that you and yours may be spared,that is not say we will sail through these events un touched,but if we are blessed with survival there will be monumental task upon all believers to spread the true Gospel of Jesus Christ which is his coming kingdom and associated government here on earth….This government would foster swift and sure justice to all…disease and violence would be no longer and our tears will be no longer…IMO this reeducation process will be the harvest spoken of in the scriptures….God loves us all and wishes that none should perish,unfortunately because of mans emnity toward the things of God there will be those who will cease to exist….God is not going to allow man to destroy his creation and his intervention is iminent because man has finally reached a point where he has the ability to destroy life as we know it….

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (Tim Kraft @ Mar. 18 2011,21:46)
    Am I dreaming or do all the parables of Jesus have the evil removed and the good stay on earth??

Just like in the days of Noah, the EVIL are taken and (Noah and family) the good left.

The Kingdom starts like the smallest (mustard) seed and grow into an immovable tree here.

The evil  will be destroyed, the meek inherit the earth according to Jesus! IMO, TK

Greetings Tim…. You are pretty close…The process of removing all evil will take some time….which is one of the reasons God through his son Jesus Christ will reign for a thousand years and during that period the law of God will be the means by which peace will engulf the earth and the lion will lay with the lamb in addition there will be no disease and our eyes will be dry of tears….How could it be any other way??

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Quote (theodorej @ Mar. 19 2011,01:41)

Quote (Tim Kraft @ Mar. 18 2011,21:46)

The evil  will be destroyed, the meek inherit the earth according to Jesus! IMO, TK

Greetings Tim…. You are pretty close…The process of removing all evil will take some time….which is one of the reasons God through his son Jesus Christ will reign for a thousand years and during that period the law of God will be the means by which peace will engulf the earth and the lion will lay with the lamb in addition there will be no disease and our eyes will be dry of tears….How could it be any other way??

theodore: Time is a physical measurment from one point to another point. How much time does it take to get from point A to point B. This is not so in the spirit world. There is no time or distance in spirit!

Could you tell me how a law of God now would be able to create peace but it failed to create peace before?

Please tell me how Jesus would make sombody be peaceful? Can you make a person be at peace? What if he rebels and causes non-peace.
    How does one rule a kingdom by peace and love?

Have you ever had someone say something so nice and caring about you that you cried love tear? Why would you want to dry up those tears?
    Just some opinions. TK

so-journ
    Participant

Good posts Tim Kraft…. thank you…. that is really positive.

Mark, I believe that maybe the restrainer is what what restrains sin, and that when the restrainer is removed then evil will have full force…and only our faith in God will prevent us from being like that ourselves or from it effecting us.

Theodore….I do remember reading similar to what you say in some magazines….The Living Church Of God….and The United Church of God….Herbert Armstrong's book too….I used to love reading those, they were well written. I have since changed my views though….I believe Gods kingdom will be Spiritual….however I remember reading in those Armstrong branches of Christianity that in the Millennial Kingdom there will be Money; Education; Cars? All too worldly to me…? What's your opinion on that….I mean, what is the point in it when we have that now? Is not Gods Kingdom Eternal? It's not an important thing but just wondering.

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Just to provoke thought lets assume that the Kingdom of God is the spirit of God, the words of God, the truth of God, the enlightenment of God, the understanding of the words of Jesus that came from God. This is pictured from the new testament Bible as a Kingdom within, because back then Kings were ultra powerful and what they said was what happened. This Kingdom of God that Jesus taught us then is actually a picture of a King (us) ruling(dilivering) his Kingdom (God/Jesus/The Spirit Words that live within) of love, mercy, healing, and perfection to the world at hand.

This is how we are to see/understand ourselves as created by Gods words. We see a picture of the body of Christ as we ourselves, which is the new church, not made with hands but created by Gods words through Jesus.

We are to see/understand ourselves as the new covenanent temple of God. We have been made Priests of our temple of God, our bodies, the house of God/Jesus. If we are the temple and God dwells in the temple, then God/Jesus/the Spirit words of God, dwell in the temple/US!

When we see God/Jesus/the spirit words of God all living inside of us we know that only perfection can live with God. No evil can dwell with God. There can be no sin in God or where God lives. God is everywhere. There is no sin!! If there is sin, God is not there. But we know that God is here, there and everywhere, so there is no sin(in truth)never was sin(as something that could separate a man from God). Sin was a mistaken thought of man passed down as truth to mankind until the true light came, Jesus. In the last days young(new believers)men will dream dreams and see/understand visions/pictures of the mind. Now we must see and hear through understanding the pictures being painted on our hearts.

Whatever you choose to believe in is what you will recieve. If you believe that you are in sin or are a sinner, you cannot dwell with God. When you accept and understand that you are not in sin because Jesus used the words of God to cleanse you from all wrong thinking then the light will shine within and you will see God.

Jesus called this cleaning the inside of the cup first. Once the inside is clean it becomes evident on the outside. This planet will be transformed by removing evil thinking individually first, and then passing the joy to others. Ruling by laws with punishment never will create peace.They create fear and eventually death. Finding pure love for all humanity, all life everywhere, within yourself and then expressing that love, peace, joy, goodness, kindness, mercy and compassion to the world will change the world.IMO, TK

Participant

Quote (so-journ @ Mar. 16 2011,08:59)
    Greetings to all.

I was wondering with the recent events in Japan….I have had friends approach me who are non Christians who are asking questions on what the bible says about these things….also I have heard through other friends who do believe…. that the holy spirit will be removed….though not from TRUE believers….any opinions here?

Thanks.

Hi so-journ:

This is what the scriptures state relative to earthquakes:

Matthew 24:7For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

And this is the scripture which some say means that the Holy Spirit will be taken out to the way prior to the Anti-Christ being revealed:

2 Thes 2:7For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 474 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account