Last days

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 301 through 320 (of 474 total)
  • Author
    shimmer
    Participant

Quote (mikeangel @ July 16 2011,23:49)
    You are saved by faith, without it you won't make it. That gives you aqqital. But, what you do shows your heart, and what you really thought. Only God knows that. It will be presented to humanity at the judgement. You will be exposed with all your deeds before man and God. The Path will be easy for God to judge. Wicked people have no fear of God and don't worry about it. They think God doesn't see them and they can appear rightious and do what they want as long as no one knows. The rightious have a mustard seed of faith and fear God and live like someones watching them, because they believe it and know it for a fact. They do good things even when nobodys watching or knows. They do good things out of thier goodness. But even then we are human and have weaknesses, and rely on God on a daily basis, but sometimes fail or fall. It will be plain to see when you are naked in front of humanity. Peace

Good post Mark.

ftk
    Participant

Some believe they are righteous by Gods declaration and some believe their deeds, efforts or works make them righteous unto God. I am what God says I am. I am what God has made me to be. I only agree with him. You apparantly believe you are what you believe your performance has made you to be. I am at peace, in love with joy. You must get to work!! TK

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (theodorej @ July 15 2011,22:34)

Quote (Ed J @ July 15 2011,04:32)

Quote (theodorej @ July 15 2011,01:20)
    Greetings Tim …. It is very easy to take a statement out of context and at the same time distort and add to it….(1)The point being is there is overwelming proof of a physical return and a subsequent government/kingdom will exist here on earth…. (2)Your concept  of a spiritual kingdom in each and every one of us is an interesting one in as much as there is no living proof that this kingdom is infact here and has been here since pentecost

Hi Theodore J,

1) Well then, produce it! (1Thess.5:21)

2) John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee,
        Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Greetings Ed …. as I have previously stated Iam not a paroter of anactdotal phrases or statements taken out of context ….. The proof of a physical return that satisfies me is in 3 chapters of Revelation,and you must read the entire chapter not an isolated statement or line…these are chapters 20,21 and 22

Hi Theodore J,

Not one single verse in all three chapters speak of ‘a physical return’.
    Please explain to us all here how you've come to this conclusion?

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeangel @ July 16 2011,05:40)
    Tim says he is free fom sin. Ed says “I do not sin”.. Terrica correctly points out that those who exalt themselves will be humbled. I agree. No one is good but God alone. Peace-Mark

Hi Mark,

Heb 11:40 God having provided some better thing for us,
    that they without us should not be made perfect.
    Is Heb.11:40 not in your bible, Mark?
    How do you define “perfect”?
    Not sinning perhaps?

1John 5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not;
    but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

God bless

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (ftk @ July 16 2011,03:59)

Quote (terraricca @ July 15 2011,11:57)
    TK

To all: If a man be “born again” to “see” the Kingdom of God he must see through spiritual eyes! Luke 17:21, Jesus himself says…the kingdom of God come not with observation….! Why, because its inside of us. It grows like a seed, planted in the garden of our heart. Spirit is the words of God/spirit is Jesus/Jesus is the word of God. Being born again is recreating the mind with spirit words of God. When one says Jesus he has said the wordo of God. When one says spirit he has referred to God, his words, Jesus, the holy spirit, the truth, life, love etc.!                                          

it is not that the kingdom comes to you but we have to go to the kingdom,how by changing our lives from darkness to the light of Christ and will of God , then and only then would we have reach the kingdom of God ,

if anyone can understand this let him speak the truth,

holiness and righteousness are qualities to conquer they are not given only the help to over come the obstacles  and succeed in this goal ,

Pierre

Pierre: Your statement is apart from the truth. Nothing you can do can earn your way to God or Jesus or the Kingdom or anything God has to offer. You only have one shot at connecting with God. FAITH! Faith was the only connection to God since the beginning. You must believe that he is and that he is a rewarder of those who diligently seek him.

Changing your life from what you classify as “bad” to “good” has no effect on your relationship with God. If you believe there is any way that your efforts or works in life please or effect God one way or the other is a lie from hell.

Holiness and righteousness are a gift from God that you cannot earn ever in any way shape or form. You don't earn salvation. Perfection and connection to God is by faith, NOT WORKS OF ANY KIND, lest one would boast he did it himself. If you believe you are living in a way that is good enough to cleanse you for God then Jesus wasted his life. NO, No, NO!!!

You are unto God, whatever you are, by faith in what Jesus did for us. It is the free gift of God THAT CANNOT BE EARNED!!

That one must live a certain way to connect with God is the greatest lie ever sold on man from religion. Please don't buy it. You fill your heart with the love of God and live your life as you desire. Its never the opposite way. IMO,TK

TK

could you elaborate on this ?

of those who diligently seek him.

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ July 17 2011,09:44)

Quote (mikeangel @ July 16 2011,05:40)
    Tim says he is free fom sin. Ed says “I do not sin”.. Terrica correctly points out that those who exalt themselves will be humbled. I agree. No one is good but God alone. Peace-Mark

Hi Mark,

Heb 11:40 God having provided some better thing for us,
    that they without us should not be made perfect.
    Is Heb.11:40 not in your bible, Mark?
    How do you define “perfect”?
    Not sinning perhaps?

1John 5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not;
    but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

God bless

edj

Heb 10:19 Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus,
    Heb 10:20 by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, his body,
    Heb 10:21 and since we have a great priest over the house of God,
    Heb 10:22 let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water.
    Heb 10:23 Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful.
    Heb 10:24 And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds.

Heb 10:39 But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul

Hebrew 11 is the Faith that we should learn to achieve ,

Heb 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
    Heb 11:2 For by it the elders obtained a good report.
    Heb 11:3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
    Heb 11:4 By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.
    Heb 11:5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.
    Heb 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
    Heb 11:7 By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.
    Heb 11:8 By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.
    Heb 11:9 By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:
    Heb 11:10 For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.
    Heb 11:11 Through faith also Sarah herself received strength to conceive seed, and was delivered of a child when she was past age, because she judged him faithful who had promised.
    Heb 11:12 Therefore sprang there even of one, and him as good as dead, so many as the stars of the sky in multitude, and as the sand which is by the sea shore innumerable.
    Heb 11:13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.
    Heb 11:14 For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country.
    Heb 11:15 And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned.
    Heb 11:16 But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.
    Heb 11:17 By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son,
    Heb 11:18 Of whom it was said, That in Isaac shall thy seed be called:
    Heb 11:19 Accounting that God was able to raise him up, even from the dead; from whence also he received him in a figure.
    Heb 11:20 By faith Isaac blessed Jacob and Esau concerning things to come.
    Heb 11:21 By faith Jacob, when he was a-dying, blessed both the sons of Joseph; and worshipped, leaning upon the top of his staff.
    Heb 11:22 By faith Joseph, when he died, made mention of the departing of the children of Israel; and gave commandment concerning his bones.
    Heb 11:23 By faith Moses, when he was born, was hid three months of his parents, because they saw he was a proper child; and they were not afraid of the king's commandment.
    Heb 11:24 By faith Moses, when he was come to years, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter;
    Heb 11:25 Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season;
    Heb 11:26 Esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt: for he had respect unto the recompence of the reward.
    Heb 11:27 By faith he forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king: for he endured, as seeing him who is invisible.
    Heb 11:28 Through faith he kept the passover, and the sprinkling of blood, lest he that destroyed the firstborn should touch them.
    Heb 11:29 By faith they passed through the Red sea as by dry land: which the Egyptians assaying to do were drowned.
    Heb 11:30 By faith the walls of Jericho fell down, after they were compassed about seven days.
    Heb 11:31 By faith the harlot Rahab perished not with them that believed not, when she had received the spies with peace.
    Heb 11:32 And what shall I more say? for the time would fail me to tell of Gedeon, and of Barak, and of Samson, and of Jephthae; of David also, and Samuel, and of the prophets:
    Heb 11:33 Who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions,
    Heb 11:34 Quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, waxed valiant in fight, turned to flight the armies of the aliens.
    Heb 11:35 Women received their dead raised to life again: and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection:
    Heb 11:36 And others had trial of cruel mockings and scourgings, yea, moreover of bonds and imprisonment:
    Heb 11:37 They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented;
    Heb 11:38 (Of whom the world was not worthy:) they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth.
    Heb 11:39 And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise:
    Heb 11:40 God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect

I hope you understand what Paul says in verse 40

so faith is achieved by obeying Gods will and producing the
    deeds their of then when Christ will come we be judge by being declared perfect and righteous

Pierre

ftk
    Participant

FOR ALL: Faith is not “doing”! Faith is a knowing, so absolutely that something actually is that cannot yet be seen and experienced physically! In other words Faith knows something is, before its actually is manifest. Faith is calling things that be not, as though they already are!

You are, “that” I am! When people say I….am this or that or whatever, they are, as Gods children, creators from God, creating the very thing they say I…am! Continuous declaration of a statement like, I…..need money! This tells God/the universe your personal truth. You “need”….something. The prayer of faith by a righteous man availeth much. The trouble in this case is the word “need”. You will remain in “need” because of your very declaration. Faith would bridge that gap between what is not seen and what is seen. Faith would say I have all the money I need for everything I desire. Its on the way to me now! Calling things that be not, as thought they were!

We all are sons of God with nearly unlimited creative power but we are using it as much to destroy ourselves as we are to help ourselves. Then we blame God because we have no abundance. You will create in life anything you say if you do not uproot it or destroy it with opposite words. Whatsoever thing you ask when you pray, believe that you receive and ye shall have. That is a promise from Jesus. The words we speak create the intentions of our hearts for the life that we live.

Watch your words that you speak, on a regular basis and hear what you are literally saying throughout your day. Negative energy goes forth just like positive. Negative energy is motivated by fear of receiving and positive energy is motivated by desire to receive.

This is the Kingdom of God. The ruling of a King in his own individual Kingdom. This is the birthright of Gods sons. Always speak the things you want to happen in your life and that is what will come. If you speak what you “don't want” that will come too. The universe is all inclusive there is nothing evil. That does not mean one cannot “do” or “project” an evil/destructive act on someone else, but that is not from God. This is some of the truth brought to mankind from Jesus to allow man to create his own abundance. This is the inheritance of the saints of God. IMO, TK

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ July 17 2011,02:01)

Greetings Tim …. It is very easy to take a statement out of context and at the same time distort and add to it….(1)The point being is there is overwelming proof of a physical return and a subsequent government/kingdom will exist here on earth…. (2)Your concept  of a spiritual kingdom in each and every one of us is an interesting one in as much as there is no living proof that this kingdom is infact here and has been here since pentecost

Hi Theodore J,

God bless

Greetings Ed …. as I have previously stated Iam not a paroter of anactdotal phrases or statements taken out of context ….. The proof of a physical return that satisfies me is in 3 chapters of Revelation,and you must read the entire chapter not an isolated statement or line…these are chapters 20,21 and 22

Hi Theodore J,

God bless

Greetings Ed …. Perhaps I should reread these chapters….While Iam in this process perhaps you could indulge me with your interpretation of what is being discussed in these three chapters…

terraricca
    Participant

TK

FOR ALL: Faith is not “doing”! Faith is a knowing, so absolutely that something actually is that cannot yet be seen and experienced physically! In other words Faith knows something is, before its actually is manifest. Faith is calling things that be not, as though they already are!

Jas 2:19 You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.

you are in direct opposition to scriptures;from

Jas 2:14 What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him?

Jas 2:26 As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead.

SEE THE WORD DEEDS ?

Jas 2:20 You foolish man, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless ?

Jas 2:24 You see that a person is justified by what he does and not by faith alone

no TK you do not telling the truth according to scriptures

Pierre

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (theodorej @ July 18 2011,01:22)

Quote (Ed J @ July 17 2011,02:01)

Hi Theodore J,

God bless

Hi Theodore J,

God bless

Greetings Ed …. Perhaps I should reread these chapters….While Iam in this process perhaps you could indulge me with your interpretation of what is being discussed in these three chapters…

Hi Theodore J,

Rev.20, 21 & 22 are detailing what is entailed in the final feast of The LORD.
    Perhaps you should do a study on the seven feasts of The LORD(YHVH=63).

The kingdom of God came to dwell with and inside men starting at “Pentecost”; which is called the “Former Rain”.
    Rain in biblical understanding is DOCTRINE; see Deut.32:-1-3 for vitrifaction on this. (see also Eph.4:13-14)
    This idea mentioned in Hosea 6:3 is also mentioned in Prob.16:15-16; you might want to look these up.

Hosea 6:3 Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the LORD: his going forth
                    is prepared as the morning; and he shall come unto us as the rain, as
                    [The Latter Rain“=151 and Former Rain“=117] unto the earth.

The Passover“=148
                      [74+74=148]  
    Jesus=74 + cross=74 = (פסח=148) “The Passover”=148

Pentecost“=117      
                  Former Rain=117
           (Jesus was alive on day FOUR)
      63=”YHVH” RAISED BACK TO LIFE,
    +54 days after the 'cross': STARTED…
    117=”Pentecost” [63+54=117]
                Click here for more

The Latter Rain=151
                Feast of Booths“=151
              (Feast [of] Tabernacles=151)
               “Jesus is Lord”=151, because
               “HolySpirit”=151 (Jesus' Father) is…
            “The LORD JEHOVAH”=151
                Click Here for more

The three main feasts correlate to and indemnify God's Signature as authentic and trustworthy.

God's Signature
                                             Proof of God=117
             GOD(26) → The Bible(63) → AKJV Bible(74) → The LORD JEHOVAH(151)

יהוה=26 (God's Name: YHVH pronounced YÄ-hä-vā)………………….(Psalm 68:4)
            YHVH=63 (God's Name יהוה translated into English)………………..(Exodus 6:3)
            Jesus=74 (God's Son's name in English is: “Joshua”)………………(Isaiah 12:2)
            HolySpirit=151 (“FATHER: The Word”: in all believers)……………(Isaiah 26:4)
            God The Father=117 (Representing “GOD”: יהוה האלהים)…………..(Psalm 83:18)

Please feel free to ask further questions, if you have any.
    Ed J (AKJV Isaiah 49:16 / Isaiah 60:14 / Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org   …(Eccl.9:12-16)

ftk
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 18 2011,08:55)
    TK

Jas 2:19 You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.

you are in direct opposition to scriptures;from

Jas 2:14 What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him?

Jas 2:26 As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead.

SEE THE WORD DEEDS ?

Jas 2:20 You foolish man, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless ?

Jas 2:24 You see that a person is justified by what he does and not by faith alone

no TK you do not telling the truth according to scriptures

Pierre

Pierre: There are two different kinds of “work” and “deeds” in the Bible. The works of the “law” or following orders and rules for a particular end result is one type of “works”. These are works of the “flesh”, “carnal works” physical “works.

The works of God through Jesus are spiritual works. Jesus disciples came to him after Jesus had healed some sick people and said, ….what shall we “do” to “work” the “works” of God? Jesus said to them, this is the “work” of God, that you “believe” on him who he sent….! The work is to believe!

Any common, non believing man can do “physical works” of kindness or what you might call “good deeds” to others but that will not purify the inner man unto God. That only looks good from the outside.

Saying you are “in Christ” or are “of Jesus” which is the annointing of God and do not do the “annointed power works of Gods healing unto others is what James was talking about.

Saying you have faith in God and showing no supernatural signature of that truth is worthless. Any man can do kindness as works and deeds. God is not needed in that case because it is within the power of the man to perform the works and deeds.

The works Jesus did were powered from God and connected to the individual by faith. Those that had weak faith or no faith, even Jesus could not heal. In his home town he could do no mighty works because of their “unbelief”! IMO, TK

mikeangel
    Participant

IMO, the “works” that were discussed in the Bible were religious works. Jesus recognised that the pharasees were placing religious observance and greed over love and mercy. Jesus pointed out that love is #1 over everything else. His sacrifice ended animal sacrifice. so what you have left is Love. Now love for God is to follow his commandments, which are not burdensome and are for our own good. Following those commandments means doing acts of mercy and charity. These are NEVER wrong. some have twisted this into meaning that you don't have to do anything for God, just believe and be perfect. Soon and very soon, you will have it explained by someone you cannot argue with at the Judgement. If you are at the Judgement without any actions that underlie your faith you will fall into the “Lord, Lord “people-
    Matthew 25-

41. Then he will say to those at his left hand, `Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels; 42. for I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, 43. I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.' 44. Then they also will answer, `Lord, when did we see thee hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to thee?' 45. Then he will answer them, `Truly, I say to you, as you did it not to one of the least of these, you did it not to me.' 46. And they will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

It doesn't say “you did not burn incense or light votive candles or jump and dowm and scream in church or flop around like a fish out of water” But showing true Love, giving service to others out of Love for the God in others. He made them.

Black and white. Peace-Mark

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (mikeangel @ July 19 2011,06:14)
    IMO, the “works” that were discussed in the Bible were religious works. Jesus recognised that the pharasees were placing religious observance and greed over love and mercy. Jesus pointed out that love is #1 over everything else. His sacrifice ended animal sacrifice. so what you have left is Love. Now love for God is to follow his commandments, which are not burdensome and are for our own good. Following those commandments means doing acts of mercy and charity. These are NEVER wrong. some have twisted this into meaning that you don't have to do anything for God, just believe and be perfect. Soon and very soon, you will have it explained by someone you cannot argue with at the Judgement. If you are at the Judgement without any actions that underlie your faith you will fall into the “Lord, Lord “people-
    Matthew 25-

41. Then he will say to those at his left hand, `Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels; 42. for I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, 43. I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.' 44. Then they also will answer, `Lord, when did we see thee hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to thee?' 45. Then he will answer them, `Truly, I say to you, as you did it not to one of the least of these, you did it not to me.' 46. And they will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

It doesn't say “you did not burn incense or light votive candles or jump and dowm and scream in church or flop around like a fish out of water” But showing true Love, giving service to others out of Love for the God in others. He made them.

Black and white. Peace-Mark

Mark

very good comment

Pierre

mikeangel
    Participant

That is a huge compliment comming from you Pierre. Thank you. Peace and Love to you and yours-Mark

mikeangel
    Participant

Quote (shimmer @ July 16 2011,22:54)

You are saved by faith, without it you won't make it. That gives you aqqital. But, what you do shows your heart, and what you really thought. Only God knows that. It will be presented to humanity at the judgement. You will be exposed with all your deeds before man and God. The Path will be easy for God to judge. Wicked people have no fear of God and don't worry about it. They think God doesn't see them and they can appear rightious and do what they want as long as no one knows. The rightious have a mustard seed of faith and fear God and live like someones watching them, because they believe it and know it for a fact. They do good things even when nobodys watching or knows. They do good things out of thier goodness. But even then we are human and have weaknesses, and rely on God on a daily basis, but sometimes fail or fall. It will be plain to see when you are naked in front of humanity. Peace

Good post Mark.

Thamk you too Shimmer. You mean more to me than you know. Pray for me, my family is splitting me in two right now. I think you know what I mean. I tried going back, but I felt I sinned. I am torn. I don't fit in anywhere. I do know , that these two post are what I know to be truth- God told me. I do not know, however, what to do with my exceptions with the church against my loneliness for people I know at least attempt to serve God, no matter how far out they are biblicly. Pray for me please. I prayed for you Sunday. Love-Mark

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (mikeangel @ July 19 2011,13:01)

Good post Mark.

Thamk you too Shimmer. You mean more to me than you know. Pray for me, my family is splitting me in two right now. I think you know what I mean. I tried going back, but I felt I sinned. I am torn. I don't fit in anywhere. I do know , that these two post are what I know to be truth- God told me. I do not know, however, what to do with my exceptions with the church against my loneliness for people I know at least attempt to serve God, no matter how far out they are biblicly. Pray for me please. I prayed for you Sunday. Love-Mark

Greetings Mark …. There are multitudes that have abandoned the doctrine and associated dogma unless you are in the company elders that are members of the the evangelical side of the RC and, you are preaching, there is no reason for family and freinds to know how you think… If it is appointed that you are to teach biblical principle and to spread the true Gospel among this organization then expect worse…God is not calling everybody to truth as we speak ….. it is the called out ones (eccleisasties..the called out ones) that will be the teachers,and evanglizes in the millenium…I come from a long line of church going devote Catholics….and unless Iam solicited or engaged in conversation Iam silent….. I do a form of propergating while discussing current events or politics and sometimes prophesy…..We must not forget that religeous conviction runs very deep and it is seasoned with emotions….

shimmer
    Participant

Quote (mikeangel @ July 19 2011,14:01)

Good post Mark.

Mark,

It's a cluttered world at the moment. I think if – you are feeling good and comfortable, and nothing is worrying you, then you have become desensitised. So, the fact you are aware of what's happening , is a good thing, believe it or not.

I have never encouraged you to leave your Church. Reason being, who am I to judge a Church. Jesus said – in Mark:9:40 –  “He who is not against us is for us”. I'v seen more spookier Churches than the RCC, but that's just me.

Thank you for praying for me. It must have worked Mark, because, I'v come to realise a lot over the past couple of days. I have prayed for you tonight and will again.

Pray Mark and Ask God what you should do. Ask God to take over for you. I pray God will hear you, and give you joy. In your heart. Sometimes, it's what is needed, just for a while.

I care about you Mark, and your Family, and loved ones. You'll be ok.

mikeangel
    Participant

Hey Theo,

You are the forth person on here that I know that comes from being raised in the RCC.  Anyway, you bring up another conflict that I have recently prayed and got an answer from God about. I feel that they need to know what is going on. I bet 9 out of 10 Catholics do not know that the last half of the mass is a recontinuation of calvary, extending his sacrifice. I feel if they want to do it, fine. But they need to know what they are doing. I feel VERY strongly about this. I feel I have been mislead.  

I guess the reason for how strongly I feel about this is that my faith is the most important thing to me in my entire life. It gives me assurance that this is temporary and is a test. I know that .   I just feel that having read the bible and pouring myself into it, I have become a outsider in a wrong place. I loath myself. I loath my church. I loath my life. I have gotten in farther than I maybe should. There is a place in the Bible that says not to be too religious, why destroy yourself. I can't seem to find the line. I don't know if it's God wanting more out of me or the devil tormenting me or both. I do know that one day I will know.

After a few weeks of alot of self searching , I came down to a few factors pushing me. When I was growing up, my Dad would point to my little sister, who was retarded, and say “Look what God gave her, and what she is doing with it. What are you going to do with what he gave you? One day you will account for it, no excuses.” I don't know how much is enough. I have wasted alot of myself. I am the best painter I know, but I feel like it isn't enough.

The other thing, is that when I would ask my Dad for something, he would ask why. If there was one sentance in my answer that had anything to do with” what everybody else was doing”, the answer was “Not no but hell no”. My family originated in Germany. I think that had alot to do with it. Funny, I dropped out of the Knights of Columbus, and he knighted me as a third degree, for that very reason.

Anyway, sorry for rambling. Please pray for me. I am thinking of solutions ranging from going to church but not participating , to buying a tent and setting it up in a poor part of town and preaching myself. Peace-Mark

shimmer
    Participant

Mark, God is with you, you have nothing to fear. I just got that when I read your last post.

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (mikeangel @ July 19 2011,22:20)
    Hey Theo,

You are the forth person on here that I know that comes from being raised in the RCC.  Anyway, you bring up another conflict that I have recently prayed and got an answer from God about. I feel that they need to know what is going on. I bet 9 out of 10 Catholics do not know that the last half of the mass is a recontinuation of calvary, extending his sacrifice. I feel if they want to do it, fine. But they need to know what they are doing. I feel VERY strongly about this. I feel I have been mislead.  

I guess the reason for how strongly I feel about this is that my faith is the most important thing to me in my entire life. It gives me assurance that this is temporary and is a test. I know that .   I just feel that having read the bible and pouring myself into it, I have become a outsider in a wrong place. I loath myself. I loath my church. I loath my life. I have gotten in farther than I maybe should. There is a place in the Bible that says not to be too religious, why destroy yourself. I can't seem to find the line. I don't know if it's God wanting more out of me or the devil tormenting me or both. I do know that one day I will know.

After a few weeks of alot of self searching , I came down to a few factors pushing me. When I was growing up, my Dad would point to my little sister, who was retarded, and say “Look what God gave her, and what she is doing with it. What are you going to do with what he gave you? One day you will account for it, no excuses.” I don't know how much is enough. I have wasted alot of myself. I am the best painter I know, but I feel like it isn't enough.

The other thing, is that when I would ask my Dad for something, he would ask why. If there was one sentance in my answer that had anything to do with” what everybody else was doing”, the answer was “Not no but hell no”. My family originated in Germany. I think that had alot to do with it. Funny, I dropped out of the Knights of Columbus, and he knighted me as a third degree, for that very reason.

Anyway, sorry for rambling. Please pray for me. I am thinking of solutions ranging from going to church but not participating , to buying a tent and setting it up in a poor part of town and preaching myself. Peace-Mark

Greetings Mark …. Whatever you do …do it with conviction and do it well…I adopted.. a disagree agreeably philosophy… with much success…so much so that Iam very seldom asked an opinion…. When I was on fire the first conversations I had with my father were short and very provocative…. I informed him that Jesus was not the founder of the RCC and Peter was not the first Pope…..needless to say an argument insued and nothing was accomplished…While discussing the Virgin Mary I informed my Mother that she was a Jewish women and for all intents and purposes shared the carnality that we all share with the one exception of being chosen of God to bear the Christ….Mark you can well imagine…. Going forward we had many discussions regarding Christmas,New Years and Easter all to no avail….Until the time of my mothers passing she prayed that I would return to my faith….She told me “Teddy once you are baptized Catholic no matter what you will remain Catholic.”… Welcome to the reality and guilt imposed with your Catholic up bringing…

Viewing 20 posts - 301 through 320 (of 474 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account