Keys

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 254 total)
  • Author
    gollamudi
    Participant

Hi Lineon,
    If God chooses us where is the question of we choosing Him? Has not Jesus told that you have not chosen me but I have chosen you (Jn 15:16)?
    Peace to you
    Adam

chosenone
    Participant

Hi lineon.

“All is of God” Ro.11:36. See also 1Co.8:5-7, 1Co.11:12, 2Co.5:18. We must “correctly cut the word of truth” 2Tim.2:15. This means we should note “Who is speaking, and to whom it is spoken to”. Most of the old testament is about the Jews and God working with them. Also the four gospels are about Jesus teaching the Israealites (Jews). (Matt.15:24). Pauls epistles are for the nations and believing Jews. Hebrews,James, 1,2,Peter, 1,2,3John, and Jude are for the dispersed Jews. while Revelation, is the unveiling of Christ Jesus, and His revelation to all mankind, which I must admit I do not fully understand. Useing Pauls epistles, which is for us gentiles, I believe says that God chooses us, we do not choose Him. “. “For in grace are you saved, and this is NOT OUT OF YOU; it is Gods aproach present, not of works, lest anyone should be boasting.” This is my understanding, I am not infallible, and prone to error as much as anyone, so please ponder this as such. Thanks for your reply, much appreciated.

Blessings.

Blessings.

lineon
    Participant

Hi Adam + chosenone

God has chosen you before you were born, yet you have to respond to God, you have to choose between good and bad. All humans have that choice.

You have to choose if you want to be baptised.
    You have to choose to follow Jesus or mammon.
    Life is all about choices.

I am grateful that God has chosen me and that I did respond to his call!

Please this is not written in stone.
    Our God is awesome.

Lineon

chosenone
    Participant

Hi lineon.

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, Who blesses us with every spiritual blessing among the celestials, in Christ,
    4 according as He chooses us in Him before the disruption of the world, we to be holy and flawless in His sight,
    5 in love designating us beforehand for the place of a son for Him through Christ Jesus; in accord with the delight of His will,
    6 for the laud of the glory of His grace, which graces us in the Beloved:
    7 in Whom we are having the deliverance through His blood, the forgiveness of offenses in accord with the riches of His grace,
    8 which He lavishes on us; in all wisdom and prudence
    9 making known to us the secret of His will (in accord with His delight, which He purposed in Him)
    10 to have an administration of the complement of the eras, to head up all in the Christ — both that in the heavens and that on the earth —
    11 in Him in Whom our lot was cast also, being designated beforehand according to the purpose of the One Who is operating all in accord with the counsel of His will,
    12 that we should be for the laud of His glory, who are pre-expectant in the Christ.
    I believe this will explain what God is doing. Ephesians is especially good reading that shows God is in complete control, we have no part in our salvation. As it says in 1Cor.15:28, that at the consummation, when Christ has defeated all His enemies, the last being death, He will hand over the kingdom to God the Father, then He Himself will be subjected to God, Who will be All in all.

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    So all are chosen?
    Matt 22
    Many are called but few are chosen.

chosenone
    Participant

Matt.22, written to the Jews, Matt.15:24 (spoken by Jesus), “I was not commissioned except for the lost sheep of the house of Israel”. Are we to ignore Jesus' words?

Blessings.

gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (chosenone @ June 15 2008,15:24)
    Hi lineon.

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, Who blesses us with every spiritual blessing among the celestials, in Christ,
    4 according as He chooses us in Him before the disruption of the world, we to be holy and flawless in His sight,
    5 in love designating us beforehand for the place of a son for Him through Christ Jesus; in accord with the delight of His will,
    6 for the laud of the glory of His grace, which graces us in the Beloved:
    7 in Whom we are having the deliverance through His blood, the forgiveness of offenses in accord with the riches of His grace,
    8 which He lavishes on us; in all wisdom and prudence
    9 making known to us the secret of His will (in accord with His delight, which He purposed in Him)
    10 to have an administration of the complement of the eras, to head up all in the Christ — both that in the heavens and that on the earth —
    11 in Him in Whom our lot was cast also, being designated beforehand according to the purpose of the One Who is operating all in accord with the counsel of His will,
    12 that we should be for the laud of His glory, who are pre-expectant in the Christ.
        I believe this will explain what God is doing.  Ephesians is especially good reading that shows God is in complete control, we have no part in our salvation.  As it says in 1Cor.15:28, that at the consummation, when Christ has defeated all His enemies, the last being death, He will hand over the kingdom to God the Father, then He Himself will be subjected to God, Who will be All in all.

Blessings.

Amen to that post, Jerry you are right on my brother.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Do you niot treasure and feed on and obey the words of Jesus?
    Better to do so before you try to rely just on the words of Paul. They are for the obedient.

chosenone
    Participant

Hi Nick, I am obeying the words of Jesus, It's you who refuses to believe Jesus when He says ” I was not commissioned except for the lost sheep of the house of Israel”. Why don't YOU believe what He says?

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    So how does his primary mission to Israel make the all the words of Jesus irrelevant to others?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Matthew 15:24
    But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

You would make the words of Jesus irrelevant to all others just because he went to them?

Then you should have more respect for his words.

Mt7
    26And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:

chosenone
    Participant

Hi Nick.
    I just like to believe what Jesus says, why do you think that you should change the meaning of His words just to satisfy your personal doctine?

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Those words were only for the Jews according to your doctrine.
    So why would you listen to them?

chosenone
    Participant

Hi Nick.
    I can't believe your ignorance, this is history, we are reading about something that has happened. We are reading what Jesus was teaching the Jews, and what He said. We can't erase what has been done, or what He said, or try to change what He said to suit your doctrine. If you want to not believe what was said, then that is up to you. But don't try to change the meaning of scripture to suit your personal doctine.

Blessings.

lineon
    Participant

Hi Adam + chosenone

I am not being sarcastic I am just trieing to understand how you both think.

Jesus was chosen by God, I also believe our Lord had to make a choice.
    The fallen one tempted our Lord and our Lord and Master chose Life.

If you do not have to make decisions and God has chosen you, I do believe
    you will be like a angel they automaticlly obey God, although some did fall away!

Lineon

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    You would be wiser to also believe his words rather than just accepting them as historical documents.

chosenone
    Participant

Nick, you are a master at twisting words. It's you who doesn't believe His words, trying to change history to support your misguided doctrine.

Blessings.

gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (lineon @ June 15 2008,17:05)
    Hi Adam + chosenone

I am not being sarcastic I am just trieing to understand how you both think.

Jesus was chosen by God, I also believe our Lord had to make a choice.
    The fallen one tempted our Lord and our Lord and Master chose Life.

If you do not have to make decisions and God has chosen you, I do believe
    you will be like a angel they automaticlly obey God, although some did fall away!

Lineon

Hi Lineon,
    Why are you confused with making choices in life? Infact you openned the issue of “Choosing” not decision making in life.
    I told you that we can not choose God but He chooses us and quoted the verse in Jn 15. You are not realising this “nothing good that exists in me” we are slaves to sin we can not choose good at all, where is the question of Choosing God that is not in our nature unless it is provided by God. In fact we were chosen by God before the foundations of the world in Christ. Do we have any merit in that to say I have chosen God? See the verse Jn 6:44 ” no one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him”
    Peace to you
    Adam

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 15 2008,17:07)
    Hi CO,
    You would be wiser to also believe his words rather than just accepting them as historical documents.

Nick,
    You're right, I should just believe His words…Here are His words… “I was not commissioned except for the lost sheep of the house of Israel”.(Matt.15:24) This was spoken by Christ Jesus, now what do you think this means? I think that it means exactly what it says.
    I'm sure that you will not answer this question, as usual, but reply with some unrelavent word from “Nicks doctrine”, non-biblical as usual.

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Matt 15
    21 Then Jesus went thence, and departed into the coasts of Tyre and Sidon.
    22 And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou Son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil.
    23 But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us.
    24 But he answered and said, I am not sent[2532] but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
    25 Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me.
    26 But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs.
    27 And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table.
    28 Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour.

Number 2532
    Transliteration:
    kai {kahee}
    Word Origin:
    apparently, a primary particle, having a copulative and sometimes also a cumulative force
    Part of Speech:
    conjunction
    Usage in the KJV:
    and 8182, also 515, even 108, both 43, then 20, so 18, likewise 13, not tr. 354, misc 46, vr and 1

Total: 9300
    Definition:
    and, also, even, indeed, but

So Jesus said this while outside of Israel.
    He said it to a non Jew.
    He then answered her plea and healed her daughter.

So it seems you have misunderstood what the word SENT means.

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 254 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account