Keys

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 254 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    You are content.
    Should we let you sleep?
    Matt 25
    “1Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.

2And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.

3They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them:

4But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.

5While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.

6And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.

7Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.

8And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.

9But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.

10And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.

11Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.

12But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.

13Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

Seek the oil for the lamp.

chosenone
    Participant

Hi NIck.
    Mat.15:24. “I was not commisioned except for the lost sheep of the house of Israel”. Jesus speaking to the Jews.

I find it unprofitable to continue discussing scripture not applying to us.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Jesus had his mission enlarged while fulfilling his first command to preach to the Israelites and ministered to the “dogs” from the surrounding gentile nations.

Mk 7
    ' 24And from thence he arose, and went into the borders of Tyre and Sidon, and entered into an house, and would have no man know it: but he could not be hid.

25For a certain woman, whose young daughter had an unclean spirit, heard of him, and came and fell at his feet:

26The woman was a Greek, a Syrophenician by nation; and she besought him that he would cast forth the devil out of her daughter.

27But Jesus said unto her, Let the children first be filled: for it is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it unto the dogs.

28And she answered and said unto him, Yes, Lord: yet the dogs under the table eat of the children's crumbs.

29And he said unto her, For this saying go thy way; the devil is gone out of thy daughter.

30And when she was come to her house, she found the devil gone out, and her daughter laid upon the bed.

31And again, departing from the coasts of Tyre and Sidon, he came unto the sea of Galilee, through the midst of the coasts of Decapolis.

chosenone
    Participant

Hi Nick.
    One last time. Jesus sayings meant thus. He was not ministering except to the Jews, but the blessings of Israel were so overflowing, and He would not, as others, show the arrogant hatered of a Jew. She acknowleged their priority and superiority. And she was satisfied that His blessing is so bountifull that Israel could not contain it, and would leave an overplus for the nations. Thus she glorified God and believed His Word. Such is the blessings of the nations in the Kingdom.
    The nations were not included until after Jesus crucifiction, resurrection, and again refused by the Jews again. (See book of Acts)
    This should be my last of these discussions, many thanks for your views, and many blessings.

Blessings, CO.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    He could not work except according to the wishes of the Father.
    It was the wish of the Father that he also minister to the gentiles.

Lk 16.16
    “16The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.”

chosenone
    Participant

Hi Nick, why would you read a letter that is not addressed to you? Would not your neigbour be angered if you opened his mail and responded to something that wasn't your business? Such it is when you respond to letters not meant for you in scripture, although not quite the same. All scripture is for us, but not all is about us, we must “correctly cut the word of truth”, which implies that we understand to whom scripture was written, otherwise we confuse the meaning.

Blessings.

Tim2
    Participant

Hi Chosenone,

I don't think we've chatted before. I'm Tim. I try to stick to the Trinity but your posts have been catching my eye. It happens that just as I used to be an arian, I also used to be a pretty radical dispensationalist, and like you, I believed “For us, not about us.” But with time I slowly realized that the Bible isn't divided into pieces for the different peoples of God, but that there is only one people of God: the church, Israel, the remnant, the believers, the children of Abraham. Galatians 3:7. They are all the same group. I am certain today that Israel is the church. This isn't something I can probably convince you of. It's just something that came with time, and I hope you will keep your mind open and consider whether or not all Scripture really is about us after all. There are worse things we could believe, like the arianism on this forum, but I would love to see the worldwide church come together, dispensationalist and covenant and amillenialists. :)

Tim

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (chosenone @ May 07 2007,17:49)
    Hi Nick,  why would you read a letter that is not addressed to you?  Would not your neigbour be angered if you opened his mail and responded to something that wasn't your business?  Such it is when you respond to letters not meant for you in scripture, although not quite the same.  All scripture is for us, but not all is about us, we must “correctly cut the word of truth”, which implies that we understand to whom scripture was written, otherwise we confuse the meaning.

Blessings.

Hi CO,
    After a person dies often his or her letters are published for all to read.

chosenone
    Participant

Hi Nick, of course I agree it is for all to read. I have continuously said, “All scripture is FOR us, but not all scripture is ABOUT us. We can't change the fact that Jesus's ministry was to the Jews. (Math.15:24) “I was not commisioned except for the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”
    The Jews were under the “Old Covenant”, still under the “Law”, we cannot now say that His teaching were for us, “gentiles”. Are you willing to be circumcised? Should we still 'stone' women that commit adultery? I don't think you would agree to that, then why should you feel that other things said at that time now apply to us? Your choice is very selective, believing some and not other as you please. Paul was commisioned by Christ to be the apostle to the “Nations”. (gentiles). If you say that all teachings in scripture apply to us, then why are you so selective?
    Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Christ indeed ministered to gentiles and made two into one flock under a new covenant.
    Paul ministered to all reborn into Christ.
    First seek the kingdom.

chosenone
    Participant

Hi Tim, thanks for your input, as this site plainly shows, there is much disagreement on many christian beliefs. I believe that for me, two of the most basic scriptures that reveal the workings of God are:
    2Cor.5:18 Yet all is of God, … -and-
    Eph.1:11 God is operating all according to the council of his will.
    How can we explain these revelations of God, and not feel that He is in complete control of everthing? Let me know what you think, I'm sure we won't agree on everything, but such are we.

Thanks again, Blessings.

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 08 2007,13:18)
    Hi CO,
    Christ indeed ministered to gentiles and made two into one flock under a new covenant.
    Paul ministered to all reborn into Christ.
    First seek the kingdom.

Scripture? reborn into Christ?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Co,
    You know we must be born again of water and the Spirit from Jn 3.
    You know Rom 6 shows how we are united with Christ in baptism.
    Gal 3 explains that we are clothed with Christ in baptism.
    Gal 4 shows that Christ too as Spirit is born into us.
    We are indeed reborn into Christ in the will of God.

It seems odd that you take many teachings of Jesus as only applying to the Jews
    but then apply the teachings of the apostles to all.

Tim2
    Participant

Quote (chosenone @ May 08 2007,13:28)
    Hi Tim,  thanks for your input, as this site plainly shows, there is much disagreement on many christian beliefs. I believe that for me, two of the most basic scriptures that reveal the workings of God are:
    2Cor.5:18    Yet all is of God, …    -and-
    Eph.1:11     God is operating all according to the council of his will.
        How can we explain these revelations of God, and not feel that He is in complete control of everthing?  Let me know what you think, I'm sure we won't agree on everything, but such are we.

Thanks again, Blessings.

Hi Chosenone,

Thanks for pointing out 2 Corinthians 5:18. De panta ek tou Theou. Very profound. I'm always curious about that word “ek” and how it's used. Like in Romans 1:17, the righteousness of God is revealed ek faith to faith. Ek, “out of,” very interesting.

Sorry to ramble. Although I haven't noticed 2 Cor. 5:18 before, I guess I've been thinking a lot of it's equivalent in Romans 11:36. “For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be the glory into the ages. Amen.” Again it uses ek. So I'm happy to see this in 2 Cor 5:18 too.

And I love Ephesians 1:11. I quoted it all the time when I got into debates about Calvinism and God's sovereignty.

So, yeah, I agree that God is in complete control of everything. That's very encouraging, but also frightening, knowing how powerless we are. I think Luther said we have to know that there is absolutely nothing we can do to save ourselves or even help. Verses like this sum it up pretty well.

Blessings,
    Tim

Participant

Quote (Tim2 @ May 08 2007,17:15)

Hi Tim,  thanks for your input, as this site plainly shows, there is much disagreement on many christian beliefs. I believe that for me, two of the most basic scriptures that reveal the workings of God are:
        How can we explain these revelations of God, and not feel that He is in complete control of everthing?  Let me know what you think, I'm sure we won't agree on everything, but such are we.

Thanks again, Blessings.

Hi Chosenone,

Thanks for pointing out 2 Corinthians 5:18.  De panta ek tou Theou.  Very profound.  I'm always curious about that word “ek” and how it's used.  Like in Romans 1:17, the righteousness of God is revealed ek faith to faith.  Ek, “out of,” very interesting.

Sorry to ramble.  Although I haven't noticed 2 Cor. 5:18 before, I guess I've been thinking a lot of it's equivalent in Romans 11:36.  “For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things.  To Him be the glory into the ages.  Amen.”  Again it uses ek.  So I'm happy to see this in 2 Cor 5:18 too.

And I love Ephesians 1:11.  I quoted it all the time when I got into debates about Calvinism and God's sovereignty.

So, yeah, I agree that God is in complete control of everything.  That's very encouraging, but also frightening, knowing how powerless we are.  I think Luther said we have to know that there is absolutely nothing we can do to save ourselves or even help.  Verses like this sum it up pretty well.

Blessings,
    Tim

Hi Tim2 and Chosenone:

And so what are you saying?  We can live our lives anyway that we want and God is going to work out every thing in us according to His will in spite of us?

God Bless

Tim2
    Participant

Hi 94,

Of course not. We have to obey God's law. If we fail, which we always do, we have to repent and believe the gospel, and He is faithful and just to forgive us.

Tim

Participant

Quote (Tim2 @ May 09 2007,14:55)
    Hi 94,

Of course not.  We have to obey God's law.  If we fail, which we always do, we have to repent and believe the gospel, and He is faithful and just to forgive us.

Tim

Hi Tim2:

Thanks for clarifying your position on this for me, and I agree, but I am not sure if this is what Chosenone is saying.

God Bless

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ May 09 2007,13:23)

Quote (Tim2 @ May 08 2007,17:15)

Thanks again, Blessings.

Hi Chosenone,

Thanks for pointing out 2 Corinthians 5:18.  De panta ek tou Theou.  Very profound.  I'm always curious about that word “ek” and how it's used.  Like in Romans 1:17, the righteousness of God is revealed ek faith to faith.  Ek, “out of,” very interesting.

Sorry to ramble.  Although I haven't noticed 2 Cor. 5:18 before, I guess I've been thinking a lot of it's equivalent in Romans 11:36.  “For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things.  To Him be the glory into the ages.  Amen.”  Again it uses ek.  So I'm happy to see this in 2 Cor 5:18 too.

And I love Ephesians 1:11.  I quoted it all the time when I got into debates about Calvinism and God's sovereignty.

So, yeah, I agree that God is in complete control of everything.  That's very encouraging, but also frightening, knowing how powerless we are.  I think Luther said we have to know that there is absolutely nothing we can do to save ourselves or even help.  Verses like this sum it up pretty well.

Blessings,
    Tim

Hi Tim2 and Chosenone:

And so what are you saying?  We can live our lives anyway that we want and God is going to work out every thing in us according to His will in spite of us?

God Bless

Hi 942767.
    I refer you to the two scriptures quoted in my last posting. As well, see also Eph.2:8…For in Grace, through faith, are you saved, AND THIS IS NOT OUT OF YOU; IT IS GOD'S APPROACH PRESENT, NOT OF WORKS, LESS ANYONE SHOULD BE BOASTING. for HIS ACHIEVEMENT ARE WE, BEING CREATED IN CHRIST JESUS for good works, which GOD MAKES READY BEFOREHAND, that we should be walking in them.

This is one of many scriptures which rightfully gives GOD the credit for our salvation, and not OURSELVES (lest we should boast). Any thought that we have done something to somehow qualify us for salvation is error, “All is of God” (Rom.11:36).

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    What salvation?
    Salvation from what?

chosenone
    Participant

Death.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 254 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account