Keys

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 254 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    After at least 1000years quietly stewing in the lake of fire?

chosenone
    Participant

Hi Nick.
    The lake of fire is the second death. (Rev.20:14-15, This is the second death – the lake of fire). The statment you make, “stewing in the lake of fire”, must be a second 'life', alive ,stewing in the lake of fire? What scripture are you reading?

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    The second death, the lake of fire is not destroyed and humans are cast in.
    Rev 19
    20And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.”

Then Satan is bound for 1000 years
    Rev 20
    ” 2And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

3And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.”

Then Satan joins his buddies.
    Rev 20
    10And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

chosenone
    Participant

Hi Nick.
    Rev.20:10 And the Adversary who is decieving them was cast into the lake of fire and sulphur, where the wild beast and were the false prophet are also. And they shall be tormented day and night for the eons of the eons. (Concordant Literal New Testament)

Most versions of the bible have the incorrect translation of the greek word “aion”, the correct translation is eon, the longest length of time in scripture, it is never “endless”. Therefore the use of “for ever and ever”, is incorrectly used,as it denotes endlessness.

Blessings.

PS. Ever thought why the verse does not just say for ever? Why for ever and ever, both mean endless?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Is this like the catholic purgatory for you tidying up the naughty satan and his pals for eternal joy?

chosenone
    Participant

Hi Nick.
    Just what scripture says, no unbiblical conclusions like your last statement.

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    So the lake of fire and the wrath of God are really illusions?

chosenone
    Participant

Hi Nick.
    1. The lake of fire is the second death.(Rev.20:14-15)

2. We are conciliated to God thru Christ Jesus. (Ro.5:10-11)

Just scripture, not my opinion.

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself.
    Did all become reconciled?
    No the work continued.
    2 Corinthians 5:18
    And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;
    2 Corinthians 5:19
    To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

Sin continues to be abarrier for those not reborn from above and all have sinned.

Hebrews 2:17
    Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.”
    Thiose in Christ have an intercessor and a priest.
    Not all are in Christ.
    They remain under the wrath of God.

chosenone
    Participant

Hi Nick.
    Your quoting scripture from 2Cor.5:18. Words have to be carefully chosen as to meaning. This scripture doesn't say “reconciled”, it says 'conciliating the world…) The difference being; conciliate means a one-way agreement , God to Mankind ,but not mankind to God.
    The word reconciliate means a two-way agreement, God to mankind and mankind to God. I know this may be confusing, but Gods ways are not our ways (they are far above ours). God will reconciliate us, (all is of God) at a later time, in this eon, it is still a one-way contract…God hs conciliated us to Himself through His Son. If need be I will explain this later, if you wish. But now I have to leave to feed the homeless. My wife and I do this every Wednesday and I wouldn't miss this event, as it truly is a blessing to be of service to those less fortunate. I will return to this in the morning, God Bless.

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    I believe if the sin problem requiring forgiveness was so bad that the Monogenes Son had to die to satisfy God's righteousness we should not ignore or take lightly that what God says about that gift and do our best to appropriate it by faith and enter the rest of God.
    Romans 2:4
    Or do you think lightly of the riches of His kindness and tolerance and patience, not knowing that the kindness of God leads you to repentance?
    Heb 4
    ” 1Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.

2For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

3For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

4For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.

5And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest.

6Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:

7Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.

8For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.

9There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.

10For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.

11Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.”

None enters without faith and repentance.

chosenone
    Participant

Hi Nick.
    The title of the book of Hebrews should be enough to realize to whom this was written to. This is not Pauls epistle.
    Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Yes it is written to US.
    Heb 1
    1God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

2Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Are we not priveleged to share in the wisdom imparted to the inheritors of Abraham's promise in Christ.
    That is if you are yet in Christ.
    Are you?

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 20 2007,10:32)
    Hi CO,
    Yes it is written to US.
    Heb 1
    1God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

2Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Are we not priveleged to share in the wisdom imparted to the inheritors of Abraham's promise in Christ.
    That is if you are yet in Christ.
    Are you?

Hi Nick.
    Only God knows who is “In Christ”, it is He that places us in the Body of Christ. We may think we know how to be included in the “Body”, but this is an error. We can do nothing, “All is of God”. “His Achievement are We”.
    God will save all mankind at the consummation, but in this present eon, it is God that chooses who is placed in the “Body of Christ”, not those who 'do the right things' to qualify. It should be obvious to all that for 6,000 years, the Jews, who alone had the oracles of God, who under the' Old Covenant', could enter the”Promised Land” if they obeyed the law under thier covenant with God. In no way could they do this, it is impossible for mankind to do what is neccesary to earn his way to salvation. Yet still we, now under the covenant of “Grace”, having recieved justification through the Sacrifice and rousing of our Lord Christ Jesus, still believe that we can “Qualify”, by our acts, the righteousness needed, for salvation. How we trample on our Lords suffering, by believing this was still not good enough. Still have to “do” certain things for our salvation, still looking like the Pharisees, having long lists of instructions for salvation to burden thier people. How sad that we do not trust in the Lord.

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    So you admit some are not and say we are helpless to find out which is which?
    All the Jews were not saved under the OT if the word IF you used means anything.
    Hmmm.

We cannot earn our salvation by works.
    The works are done by Jesus

Responding to the invitation from God to the wedding feast is not our works.
    But it is of wisdom.

chosenone
    Participant

Hi Nick.
    Yet you say we are saved “IF” we do…..?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    God placed a watershed response choice in scripture that unites Jew and Gentile.
    Jn3
    “15That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

19And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. “

The world has the choice.
    Have you heard the gospel yet?
    It was sent also that you might live.

chosenone
    Participant

Hi Nick.
    The last few verses of Jn.3:19…the world has the choice…I can't find this in my bible?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    I cannot read it for you.
    See what you will see.
    Respond if you hear the voice behind you that says”walk here”

chosenone
    Participant

Hi Nick.
    Your beliefs, no scripture?

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 254 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account