Keys

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 254 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Why do we need to know about him at all if we all benefit anyway?

charity
    Participant

Also Nick there is and election taking place amongst the most faithful for the everlasting earth
    As an election began with the age of the fathers; and mercy extended to us what we become by faith now will inherit our portion

If you desire your Son to  be elected for inheritance you have him fear you for the end he shall receive as his reward. Saying to him 1Cr 15:41 [There is] one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for [one] star differeth from [another] star in glory.
    We must understand that our time to be elected will perish with theis life given; AND THEN WILL NEVER BE renegotable before the throne perhaps?

charity

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 11 2007,10:10)
    Hi CO,
    Why do we need to know about him at all if we all benefit anyway?

Hi Nick.
    I don't know why God is doing it this way, you'll have to ask Him. All I know is His word clearly states that He will save all.
    A question Nick, Gods' only begotten Son, Jesus Christ, by the will if God, died a painfull humiliating death on the cross, for you. He justified you and all mankind by this deed. Are you saying that this was not good enough, “I”, will complete the requirement for my salvation? What a terrible price Jesus paid, and you look at it as only partially doing the job. YOU, will complete what Christ only began, what pride you have in yourself.
    Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    You say
    “All I know is His word clearly states that He will save all.”
    I do not think many with believe you here.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    You say
    “YOU, will complete what Christ only began, what pride you have in yourself”

I have no confidence in my ability to save myself and know all who do try will fail.
    But I do have faith in the grace of the One who began that work in me to finish it.
    Phil 1
    5For your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now;

6Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 11 2007,13:58)
    Hi CO,
    You say
    “All I know is His word clearly states that He will save all.”
    I do not think many with believe you here.

Hi Nick.
    What could be clearer than 1Tim.4:10-11…that we rely on the living God, Who is the saviour of all mankind,… there are many others, I will not quote them now, if you can't understand this one, not much use quoteing the others.
    Now what about the rest of my message? Are you able to effect your own salvation? By doing more than Jesus has already done for you?

Blessings.

chosenone
    Participant

Hi Nick.
    Sorry, I sent my message before I read your second one. The scripture you quoted, Phil.1:6 is a great example of what God is doing, will be doing, in you. This is how God works to save all mankind. If He can do it in you, why not others?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    It makes a mockery of the gospel.
    The words written were from Paul to the saved as are all his teachings.
    Ephesians 1:13
    In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Yet even these do not expect an easy ride.

Philippians 2:12
    Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

Acts 14:22
    Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.

What of the goats of mt 25 etc?

chosenone
    Participant

Hi Nick.
    How can it make a mockery? You quote Eph.1:13, look at what it says in the verses before that, read the whole of Ephesians, all chapters, a great book of what God is doing, 1:4…According as He chooses us in Him… 1:5…designating us beforehand for a place of a Son for Him through Christ Jesus; in accord with the delight of His will. 1:7-8…in Whom we are having the deliverence through His blood, the forgiveness of offences in accord with the riches of His grace, which He lavishes on us… 1:11…being designated beforehand according to the purpose of the One Who is operateing all in accord with the councel of His will, 1:17-18…that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may be giving you a spirit of wisdom and revelation in the realization of Him, the eyes of your heart having been enlightened, for you to pecieve what is the expectation of His calling. 1:20…in accord with the operation of the might of His strength, 1:23… the complement of the One completing the All in all.
    This in only the first chapter of Ephesians, please read and reread all of Ephesians, that your eyes may be opened to what God is doing. We have no confidence in the flesh. Flesh cannot please God.
    You also quote Phil.2:12, not completing the whole verse…trembling, be carrying your own salvation into effect, FOR IT IS GOD WHO IS OPERATING IN YOU TO WILL AS WELL AS TO WORK FOR THE SAKE OF HIS DELIGHT. What could be more clear? What do you not understand?
    How else can we have salvation, God does it all, in His way, in His time. His ways are not our ways, they are far too deep for us to comprehend unless He reveals them to us.
    God hardens all, that he may have mercy on all.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Then read the opening lines of Ephesians.

1Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus:

2Grace be to you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

To be in Christ Jesus you must enter through the gate

Jn 10
    “7Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.

8All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.

9I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

It was not written to those of the world.

chosenone
    Participant

Hi Nick.
    Again, John.10, is not about us. The gospels were for the Jews, still under the law, not for us in this present eon.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Certainly Christ was initially sent to the chosen people but God showed him when he dealt with the Syrophoenician woman that the gentiles were also in the plan.
    But by the time he spoke with the rich young man he had both in his sights.
    Then he said

Lk 16
    16The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 11 2007,18:21)
    Hi CO,
    Certainly Christ was initially sent to the chosen people but God showed him when he dealt with the Syrophoenician woman that the gentiles were also in the plan.
    But by the time he spoke with the rich young man he had both in his sights.
    Then he said

Lk 16
    16The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.

Hi Nick.
    Ro.15:8…Christ has become the Servant of the Circumcision, for the sake of the truth of God,

Ro.15:16…because of the grace being given to me (Paul) from God, for me to be the minister of Christ Jesus for the nations…

We must “correctly cut the word of truth”. This means to understand what is being said, and to whom it is being said.
    How can we understand Gods' word if we don't listen to what He tells us to do to understand?
    I have mentioned this before, are we going in circles?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    So look at the start of Romans
    1Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God,

2(Which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,)

3Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;

4And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:

5By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name:

6Among whom are ye also the called of Jesus Christ:

7To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Same audience.

Those chosen in Christ, not those of the world.

charity
    Participant

Quote (charity @ April 10 2007,09:57)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 10 2007,08:52)
    Hi charity,
    Joshua is not Jesus although the names mean the same.
    Joshua could not give eternal life.
    Jesus does.

Thank you Nick

Can I stretch the Mind a little closer to DAVIDS COVNANT?
    Whereby the seed was scattered in Christ some falling on good ground some on bad ground. parable
    This seed is not the seed of mind kind but the seed that remains in us; the way we are to find ourselves born again of God
    As the seed of David was transported and his father was in him as his roots and offspring  a vessel

Be Born again of a good seed and not a bad; all have a seed to everlasting life or shall perish
    Of whom which another seed was promised be fore time  Joshua; Now how shall the elected remnant appear to his side.

Ecc 4:15 I considered all the living which walk under the sun, with the second child that shall stand up in his stead.
    God bless

Drawing deeper into the well of water

Sorry to interrupt you chosenone

Nick these scriptures you have; speck of how the seed is transported and elected to the effect of the vision

3Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;

Nick can you see that we are elected to perform the fathers will?
    As Christ has said I do my fathers will

The election is not based on how many people we get to follow us in dinomnations
    But on the search of a honest heart towards the will of God

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 11 2007,18:42)
    Hi CO,
    So look at the start of Romans
    1Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God,

4And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:

5By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name:

6Among whom are ye also the called of Jesus Christ:

7To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Same audience.

Those chosen in Christ, not those of the world.

Hi Nick.
    I agree totaly with this scripture you quoted, I don't see it as in opposition with anything I have said.
    My position is the same, “All is of God”, and “God is operating all according to the council of His will”. Salvation is of God alone, through Christ Jesus, we have no part in our salvation.
    Please answer me one thing, If not all are saved, what are the differences of the saved as compared with the unsaved?
    For what reason will God save some, and for what reasons will others be eternaly punished?
    Remember, “Every knee shall bow, and every tongue confess…”
    Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Do you think that bowing the knee and confessing that Christ is indeed Lord will save anyone?
    The difference is grace and the choice of God. We dare not judge God and do not interfere in what God does but thank Him should we be found with the grace to know and repent.

Rom 9
    13As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

14What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.

15For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

16So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

17For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.

18Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.

19Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?

20Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?

21Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

22What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

23And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

chosenone
    Participant

Hi Nick.
    This scripture in Romans agrees totally with the scriptures, “All is of God” and “God is operating all according to the council of His will”, that I have been discussing with you. So we agree that God is in complete control, will He not achieve all His desires? Will human will thwart Gods plan that “He wills all mankind to be saved”?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    It is only addressed to the remnant people He calls to Himself.

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 12 2007,11:07)
    Hi CO,
    It is only addressed to the remnant people He calls to Himself.

Nick, scripture?

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 254 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account