Keys

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 254 total)
  • Author
    chosenone
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 18 2008,17:04)
    Hi CO,
    Frankly I do not believe you should be trusted to cut the words for us. Thanks anyway.

Nick.
    Scripture does it, not I. As usual you give no posts of mine that you accuse me of doing that.

More false accusations! I assume your cedability on this site is slowly going to zero. Do not bear false witness!

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Co,
    You say
    “Different messages. Jesus' taught entrance into the “Kingdom” to the Jews, by “works”, this was an earthly Kingdom.”
    Which works?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Is this the earthly kingdom you do not want to joim?
    Dan7
    13I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.

14And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 18 2008,17:21)
    Hi Co,
    You say
    “Different messages.  Jesus' taught entrance into the “Kingdom” to the Jews, by “works”, this was an earthly Kingdom.”
    Which works?

Nick. “works” by obedience to the “Law”.

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    When did Jesus say works of the law gave entry to the kingdom?

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 18 2008,17:31)
    Hi CO,
    When did Jesus say works of the law gave entry to the kingdom?

Nick. Do you not understand the covenant made by God with His chosen people, the Jews, given by Moses? They couldn't do it, instead crucified thier “King” and broke the “old covenent, and did not enter into the “kingdom”. They will yet, at some future time when Christ returns and make the “New Covenent” with them as written in Hebrews 8:8-12, prophesied earlier in Jer.31:31. I suggest you read more of the old testament to aquaint yourself with God and His chosen ones. You know, His Son was the one “commissioned to the lost sheep of the house of Israel” (Matt. 15:24).

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    You did not answer the question.
    ??

Shania
    Participant

The “works” of the law were and are unable to produce salvation.
    The “new covenant” is through Messiah.  He is for Jew and Gentile.

Heb 10:1-17
    10:1 The law is only a shadow of the good things that are coming — not the realities themselves. For this reason it can never, by the same sacrifices repeated endlessly year after year, make perfect those who draw near to worship. 2 If it could, would they not have stopped being offered? For the worshipers would have been cleansed once for all, and would no longer have felt guilty for their sins. 3 But those sacrifices are an annual reminder of sins, 4 because it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins.
    5 Therefore, when Christ came into the world, he said:
    “Sacrifice and offering you did not desire, but a body you prepared for me; 6 with burnt offerings and sin offerings you were not pleased. 7 Then I said, 'Here I am — it is written about me in the scroll — I have come to do your will, O God.'”  
    8 First he said, “Sacrifices and offerings, burnt offerings and sin offerings you did not desire, nor were you pleased with them” (although the law required them to be made). 9 Then he said, “Here I am, I have come to do your will.” He sets aside the first to establish the second. 10 And by that will, we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
    11 Day after day every priest stands and performs his religious duties; again and again he offers the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins. 12 But when this priest had offered for all time one sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God. 13 Since that time he waits for his enemies to be made his footstool, 14 because by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.
    15 The Holy Spirit also testifies to us about this. First he says:
    16 “This is the covenant I will make with them after that time, says the Lord. I will put my laws in their hearts, and I will write them on their minds.”  
    17 Then he adds:
    “Their sins and lawless acts I will remember no more.”  
    NIV

The old covenant foreshadowed what was coming.  Love is the fulfillment of the law.  This is a beautiful thing

chosenone
    Participant

Nick. Did you not read the post above? When He (Christ returns) and makes the “New Covenant” with them. I suggest you read Hebrews, you may learn something.

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Jesus did not propose the continuance of the Old Covenant.
    He did discuss it with those who questioned him.
    He initiated the new covenant.

He preached the kingdom and men pressed into it.
    Lk 16
    16The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.

chosenone
    Participant

Nick.
    Jesus taught and lived His life and preached to the Jews (Matt.15:24) while still under the “Old Covenant”. Us gentiles were not included at that time, see Eph.2:11-12.
    11 Wherefore, remember that once you, the nations in flesh — who are termed 'Uncircumcision' by those termed 'Circumcision,' in flesh, made by hands —
    12 that you were, in that era, apart from Christ, being alienated from the citizenship of Israel, and guests of the promise covenants, having no expectation, and without God in the world.

I know you won't believe this scripture either, I don't know why I bother to quote them, they don't agree with “Nicks gospel”. I guess this scripture would also be eliminated in “Nicks version of the Bible”. Right?

Blessings.

gollamudi
    Participant

Wonderful post my brother Jerry, Nick thinks that he only knows scriptures well he may convince some body who is a baby in knowing scriptures not the matured brothers.
    Keep going brother
    Adam

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Does the mission of Jesus to the Jews preclude those eternal words from applying to gentiles?

chosenone
    Participant

Nick.
    See Matt.15:24 and you have your answer. Reading scripture opens your eyes. Those who's eyes are not yet opened, fail to see Gods' truth.

Blessings

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    So you alone see?

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 21 2008,11:39)
    Hi CO,
    So you alone see?

No, not alone, with others whose eyes have been opened by Gods' Holy Spirit.

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    The Spirit unites Jew and Gentile and does not divide.
    The Spirit reminds us of the words of Jesus and does not take them from us.

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 24 2008,07:33)
    Hi CO,
    The Spirit unites Jew and Gentile and does not divide.
    The Spirit reminds us of the words of Jesus and does not take them from us.

Nick.
    So you don't believe Jesus' own words! Maybe you should write your own version of the Bible and make a notation by this sentence that it is untrue. I realize now why you have such a distorted view of scripture, you don't believe all that is written, just change the meaning of some scripture to agree with the “Gospel of Nick”

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    I am glad you appreciate the need for a gospel as universalism makes one obselete.
    Paul's gospel was that of Christ within and we too love that heavenly bread.

chosenone
    Participant

Nick.
    No scripture? Just the wisdom of “Nick”?

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 254 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account